Hitman TM

So this game was good.

I unironically think i got more out of the game because of its episodic format too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X-lXfmWToIY
youtube.com/watch?v=-HU3Ds8A7AQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Agreed

Who else /30for30/ here?

Was Helmut Kruger another clone? Because he is identical looking to 47 in the game.

No, he was just handsome

Handsome guys all sort of look alike when you shave them completely bald and cover them with facepaint.

>tfw 1/30

The latest map is really beautiful. Interiors I mean. Complete illusion of a place, much like Sapienza and Paris - what the rest of the maps lacked (Bangkok, Marrakesh)

Excited for S2

>I unironically think i got more out of the game because of its episodic format too.

And I have to admit the way story is told in the game is fun. You compelete side missions or go further in how you kill them (like get two persons to meet) and you get more of the story.

It's not like forced cutscenes that tire me. Its told rather interactively.

>just bought this game a week ago
>latest elusive target mission is my first one
>the targets are surrounded by a huge clusterfuck of extremely trigger-happy bodyguards at all times and they never leave
>try to coin them out one at a time and stash them behind a couch
>eventually the female target comes out
>snap her neck
>IMMEDIATELY every bodyguard turns hostile even though I was sure I was completely out of sight
>can't restart the mission because I've already completed an objective
>die horribly in the ensuing clusterfuck
Were all the targets this bullshit hard?

ok SO, usually I blast through the game once, delete it, and replay it like year later.

Now I played every mission/map a good bunch of hours, going through them in many different ways and collecting achievements.

Like 2-3 days per map

is the game complete now? Can I finally buy it and play it all or what?

Only the first season.

first season is the full game

First season is complete.
Second season will be its own gaym

So, is it good? worth buying the full first season if I loved blood money?

We've had a few like these, including Gary Busey. This is about as hard as they get.

I cheesed it hard. After learning where they spawned and how they worked, I spawned in 47's suite, went down stairs all the way to the office, put a bunch of coins on the corner and opened the door and threw a coin around. If a guard came, I'd knock him out and hide him. Then the target finally came by himself and the other target would follow him from behind, while he was distracted with coins, I knock out the woman behind him and then I knock him out. When I'm sure it's safe and I have my exit planned out, I finally snap both their necks and make a run for it.

As a fan of Blood Money I really like this game

The game will be fully released in January 31

Yes. Though you might want to turn opportunities off or on minimal if you don't want to have your hand held.

>Now this is a view to die for...
>Press Q to push

Bravo.

game is basically blood money with modern controls

my most played game this year

What's the next game? Hitman®? lol

It's a pretty safe bet that if you're the kind of guy that enjoyed Contracts and Blood Money and were disappointed at Absolution, you're gonna enjoy the game.

Gets finished and released as a full product January 31

I'm sad it's over.

HITMAN™ The Complete Season Two®

KEK, I just did this challenge too

The second season is obviously gonna be the equivalent of a new game with its content. The first season is the equivalent of a game and it's worth it.

What's the healthiest way to lose weight?

Is this actually any good? The reviews on Steam are "mixed"

They're mixed for good reason. It has Denuvo, Always-Online-DRM that robs you of your unlocks if you play offline and a very weird release scheme with episodes and shit.

The actual game is great, though.

They're pissed at the episodic releases, the actual game is solid.

Act like a tree and leave.

>WOW IT'S SO GREAT BUY THE GAME BUY THE GAME BUY THE FUCKING GAME ARGGGHHHH

Why would a single-player game need to be always-online?

muh leaderboards

Some of it makes sense. Elusive targets are online only because of their premise and contracts work on a server kind of like Mario Party. But then there's stuff like escalations and challenges and unlocks being online-only for no possible reason other than to try to fuck with pirates.

You can technically play the game offline, you just can't unlock stuff or use it.

The optimization is horrible, so lower-end PCs run it like shit.

Now that Dx12 + exclusive fullscreen is working properly, the game runs much better. But back in the day, it would stutter every few minutes. Hopefully they focus in optimization, now that the story missions are over.

I have had my internet go down when ive wanted to play hitman, you can play just with out your unlocked shit, dont think they can or are patching it out

WHERE THE HECK are the 2 elusive targets

You could have just exploded a fire extinguisher with the breaching charges if you wanted to cheese it hard.

People who failed or missed elusive targets will never get another chance to unlock suits?

At the moment you need to eliminate 13 (out of 14) targets to unlock all the suits and there will be 37 or more of them. IO has been talking about new ways to unlock them recently, though.

Anyone else loves to do custom contracts with the Blood Money suit and oldschool sniper rifle?

Also Nightime Morrocco is comfy as fuck

what a mission

Nah, don't worry about it. You will be able to get the suits in the future.

The devs are always trying to please the players, they wouldn't lock the suits like that.

What missiOn

Missing is bad, failing doesn't matter. You need to have completed them, good or bad doesn't matter.

"Watch your back." Before the cable platform shove was fucking great.

Are there any reliable ways to get the bodyguard disguise? I want to do the malpractice challenge and I need to get the kill list.

So if you buy the game now, you've already missed out on 20% of the game because you've missed the elusive targets, right?

Check the image?

I'm doing level 2 of it. Gotta crack the safe and kill the doctor in 60seconds. Lost the doctor after the start

The way I did it was throwing a coin into the staff corridor near Yamazaki's room. There's a closet you can hide the body in.

There must be some alternative way to unlock suits. Completing Escalation for example.

Throwing a coin while Yamazaki was passing by, that is*

Hows this even work? Why does it say 16/30 for me? I failed one because I accidentally tampered with a power board before turning off the power.

Where the HEKC are the codes for the safe? t.

SAing the targets is a separate challenge.

Same for me. I dont have that much time to play games, so this episode format is quite good for me.

Oh right, I never bothered to try SAing because I didn't find you could restart until like 8 Elusives in.

Let's ignore the 10/10 Blood Money 2 tier gameplay for a second - who in the actual fuck expected the story to be this engrossing? I honestly thought it would just exist to serve the story (which would have been fine), but it's so well layered, subtle and well acted that I genuinely wanted to know what happens after completing each location.

Easily my goty. Really, really enjoyed it (and still am).

Pft. Elusive targets don't even account for 5%. They're neat and all, but come on.

What I love about the story is that how interactively it is told. The game rewards you with it if you are patient with your missions, get people together, listen discussions etc.

It's not just cutscene-mission-cutscene.

And yeah its well done espionage story. '

This and Shadow Warrior 2 are the games I enjoyed the most from this ytear

I didn't mean to overstate, but I genuinely didn't know how much of the game they take up and as a prospective buyer, it feels like I've missed out.

Kill Bill suit ehh?

There will be plenty more ETs in the future if they're doing a whole season 2 as well and keep churning them out at this rate. When the game starts dying and they can't spend more time on it I bet they'll rehash old ETs too.

There's going to be support for the game well into the future. This is why the online aspect is so heavily involved in the game. They can make elusive targets and complications to their hearts content.

I think it's so engrossing because the spy thriller theme fits Hitman like a glove. It's subtle and it's behind the scenes which works really well with 47's modus operandi. He's a silent assassin whom most people consider an urban legend at best so him fighting some global conspiracies and power players is perfectly natural.

Unlike Absolution which did everything that could have been done wrong about the character and the setting wrong.
>47 is cold, calm, collected, silent, globetrotting and powerful
>Grindhouse theme
>BUT THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL angle which made little sense
>Set completely within US and not even in diverse parts of it like BM
>47 failing a hit in a fucking cutscene
>47 being on the run from some Chicago cops

I can't find it either, but I just start with the lockpick stashed.

>Most enjoyed games were Hitman and Shadow Warrior 2

Muh nigga

Are there only 6 levels or multiple levels in an episode?

Is it worth £40?

I found the safe code, but now I can't find the fucking doctor lel

The safe code is in a guard room just a level above the safe room

There's two tutorial levels (one way less hand-holdy than the other), six main big levels and then three bonus smaller levels. Eleven levels total.

Explosive Duck says hi. Considering this is a one time deal and if u fail you fail permanently, you are better off cheesing it.

I knew the story would be good the moment they released that absolute kino montage trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=X-lXfmWToIY

What are the bonus levels? I know about the tutorial ones and the 6 main ones.

Marrakes night time.
Sapienza film location

youtube.com/watch?v=-HU3Ds8A7AQ

They grab a part of a big map and retool it and put in different things and different NPCs with different paths. It's basically a completely new smaller level in the same location.

>tfw actually considering buying an always online episodic game just because of Sup Forums shills

What difference does it make that it's episodic now that all of the content is released, all of the content has been reviewed and you can pay $60 for all of the content OR put down a deposit for what is basically a demo, play that for a bit and either pay the rest for the full game or get a refund.

The episodic stuff is over. There will be a 3rd bonus level and that's it.

>put down a deposit for what is basically a demo

Demos used to be free.

It looks fun, I'll buy when they remove the always online DRM.

Well it's not "over", they'll do it again with season 2. But I'm of the opinion that season 1 and 2 might as well be separate games, just sharing the same engine, so I consider the game finished at this point.

>now that all of the content is released

There's a bonus episode still, not to mention there are hints of a Season 2.

Season 2 is a separate beast which will be sold separately, you're not being asked to pay $120 for the 2 seasons.

Anyone have the parodic MLG """""stealth""""" montage type video/webm that came pre-release or shortly after release?

>tfw no system reqs to play the game
>tfw too poor to even upgrade my pc
>tfw literally too poor to even buy a shitty console

And no, I don't have a job.

Sickleave is a bitch.

And the ironic part is that I live in a country where its practically mandatory to have a job.

Season 2 will take a long time to be announced.

>not making the guy who wants to be Helmut Krueger the same dude from Paris ("I Wish I had that job!")

missed opportunity.

I want to buy this but I have two gripes with the game

>AI ignores blood
>no briefcase

Not very major, but would add a lot to the gameplay in my opinion. I was hoping they would do something about it before the season ends, but guess not. Shame because e briefcase was in the playable alpha so clearly they were working in it. NPCs ignoring pools of blood just baffles me.

Neck snapping isn't a silent method of killing, close NPC's will hear it. The only 100% silent ways to kill is with the fiber wire or the Krugermeier

Busey was easy, just start lockdown and he was alone in the shed

I'm not buying this game because I'm permanently locked out of the Elusive Targets that already happened.

Square can fuck right off with that bullshit

playing this game is like being on The Truman Show. Characters just stand around waiting for the their cue when you arrive at the scene. if you walk out before they had a chance to say their line, they repeat it when you get back.

i was actually looking for that one but i can never find it

I keep seeing people say this, but the rewards are purely cosmetic. You're not missing out on anything that affects gameplay.

The Elusive Targets ARE gameplay you dip.

you're underestimating the autistic nature of today's gamer.