What the fuck is wrong with this game

What the fuck is wrong with this game
So many fucking bullshit deaths from unavoidable attacks or one-hit-deaths
You move so fucking slow it's impossible to steer yourself away from anything in the air - you can barely even fucking clear gaps unless you had a runup at full speed holding down the run button (why the fuck there even needs to be a run button who fucking knows)
I swear I get at least one game over on every fucking level, especially in the final world. Fuck this rail level with the inconsistent rail speeds and unavoidable bomb cars that kill you straight away

And they give you 9 fucking lives every game over - they KNOW how bullshit the game is otherwise they wouldn't give you that many lives

How the fuck does anyone defend this piece of shit?

I literally fucking cannot jump over this bullshit, and touching it in any way is instant death
what the fuck were they thinking

Why are they all making a JoJo pose?

I have no fucking idea how you're meant to do this properly, I can only get past it by dying so many times you get a "skip to next checkpoint" powerup
The fact that such a thing even exists only reinforces the fact that they fucking KNEW some parts were so fucking bullshit a cheat like a skip was the only practical way to stop kids from giving up completely

What's the deal with this?
Did tails get fucking mutilated and have half of his head replaced by robot shit, or is it just a thin layer of metal and a fancy glove?

If it was the former, how the fuck did he retain his own consciousness let alone willingly let that happen to him?
If it was the latter, why did none of the villains notice something was up since none of them had made the adjustments?

You know, I love how people berate the 3DS version for its level design even though the Wii U version has just as bad, if not worse.

This is right up there alongside Sonic Heroes in the "I legitimately had more fun with sonic 06" tier of sonic games

Partially roboticized like Bunny from the comics.

But then he suddenly un-roboticises himself by the next scene
If he was actually part robot, he had his fucking ears cut off then re-attached them

Oh great now there's a boss where I guess I'm meant to ground pound the red blocks into him (which I was meant to figure out by the fact that he ground pounded blocks onto me) but there's no health bar so I have no idea how many blocks are required and I keep reaching the very top of the tower having not hit him with enough falling blocks so I just die because he catches up to me

And if I get a game over I have to redo the last two boss battles because they thought it would be a good idea to make this stage a boss rush for some fucking stupid reason

Absolutely no fucking thought was put into this game besides "fuck we made a shit game that people can't beat guess we better give them more lives because it's not like we have time to redo the level designs"

Is this the same people that made generations? I sincerely fucking hope not

Sonic Lost World has got to be one of the most confused Sonic games yet. Even Sonic 06 was consistent to an extent.

but if you hit him with every block in the row right at the very start left over from the first boss phase he dies straight away without getting anywhere near the top
what the fuck were they thinking, this gameplay design fails to make any fucking sense

Yeah this is the worst sonic game i have ever played. Came out liking pretty much nothing except 2 or 3 tracks that all sounded inspired from unleashed or colors anyway.

You have to get good at the double jumps. It isn't rocket science.

EVERY time I see someone complaining about Lost World it's related to their inability to git fucking gud with the controls.

Pro tip: you sucking at a game doesn't mean it's bad or poorly designed. You're using the same logic shitters who claim the Classics are bad do.

Its not just the controls that are bad

Its the story, the levels, the dialogue, the characters, the music, the graphics and art, the gimmicks

The entire game is a mess. Every other sonic game that uses some gimmick is actually consistent with that as well as having better controls. Bar none, there is no sonic game that has a worse story and dialogue than lost world. Even 06 goes somewhere and shadow does interesting things with its branching paths. The game is a fucking piece of shit

>double jumping cancels all momentum, making it impossible to retreat back to where you first jumped after jumping outwards
literally everything about the gameplay design is so shitty they may as well be TRYING to fuck you over

It's not a matter of "lol git gud", there is no excuse for having to fight against the controls just to make it to the end of a level

>all these people on Sup Forums unable to beat a kids game
Holy shit git fucking gud

I beat it. It was the worst 3 and half of hours I used in 2015. Why the fuck couldnt they port unleashed to pc instead of wasting their time on fucking lost world?

It's a shame they abandoned a working gameplay style to change it up with this awful game.

I remember the pre-order bonus was 25 extra lives.

Lost World's development was started by Sonic Team members who worked on Colors, then after Generations was finished, all of Sonic Team came together to work on it.

>two types of homing attack
>different enemies require a different homing attack type to be defeated
>use the wrong one and you get hurt
>literally no visual or audio cue to let you know which homing attack type is required for a given enemy

defend this

do you have a picture of that? That's unbelievably pathetic, especially considering there's absolutely no punishment for getting a game over

the game shouldn't even have lives at all, they add nothing to gameplay. They already reset you back at a checkpoint so quickly they don't even bother restarting the music - yet another thing that suggests they were expecting you to die a lot. It's not fun to hear the same first 20 seconds of a song over and over so they just let it keep playing between deaths

They put way too much consideration into how to minimise the effect of death rather than redesigning levels so you don't die so much

Anyone else remember when they put effort in sonic games and went all out?

Pepperidge farms remembers

Unleashed truly was beautiful. Generations came close but it didn't have that same hard polish which was swapped for a more cartoony dip. That was mistake. So were those disgusting wall jump panels.

Unfortunately, actual effort still sometimes results in a sub-par performance.

>wall jump panels

Holy shit i thought i forgot those but you just reminded me

What the FUCK was the point of those? why they were necessary? how stupid do they think we are? They also need to put fucking caution signs now so fucking idiots dont run into pits...

I fucking hate sonic fans they are the biggest enemy to sonic

>They also need to put fucking caution signs now so fucking idiots dont run into pits...
Wasn't there an option to turn this off though?

Was there? i have no idea but generations was so obnoxious with its handholding

That might've only been S4e2 and not generations

Wait sonic 4 had that shit to? What the fuck??

Episode 2 had the exact same warning signs as generations
They must have kept them around because people liked them? To be fair in 2D sonic games it's sometimes impossible to distinguish a fall that will kill you from a fall that leaves you on a lower slow path, though I get how it feels patronizing

I see, i didnt play episode 2 because i thought episode 1 was pretty meh

Is it worth playing? I have episode 1 on xbox one so i assume ep2 is there to

>Talks about good sonic games
>Post only half of a good sonic game.
The werehog parts were lame as shit. They only had half of the game be a good sonic game. The rest was some half assed beat em up

Episode 2 is definitely an improvement but there's a reason you don't hear anybody talk about it anymore
it's the epitome of a mediocre game, there's nothing particularly memorable but there's nothing offensively bad either

You could argue that by sonic standards that makes it a good sonic game

Well i have certainly played worse sonic games than sonic 4 episode 1. Sonic lost world, sonic 06, sonic free riders, sonic labyrinth, sonic battle, game gear sonics, sonic 3d blast...if episode 2 is an improvement then i think thats enough for me to try it. I will not even wait for a sale, its been so long since i played a new sonic game

Although i wish they would make a real 3D game again one day but that not looking to change any time soon

If Unleashed was them going "all out" I never want to see that out of them again.

What a terrible fucking game. I've never seen something so blatantly padded and I've beaten Bravely Default.

As Sonic Team is to do, they threw the baby out with the bath water (Generations) and decided to make a completely new style of game for no real reason aside from it's what they do.
It was wearing it's Super Mario Galaxy inspiration like a Snuggy, it's new villians were awful and the story had no idea if it wanted to be light-hearted or dark. We didn't even learn exactly what the Lost Hex even was or why it exists.
I'm happy that they're finally going back to a Genesis style Sonic game with Mania, but I'm curious as to how Sonic 2017 is gonna go.

>sonic 2017

NO....NOOOOO!

PLEASE NO MORE! The series concluded with generations and mania is just a reminder at what couldve been. Please no more fucking sonic team games...

At least Sonic 2017 is being done by the Generations guys.

I completed it through much trial and error, it's just a matter of remembering where things are and how to avoid them. Not a very fun level.

I dont want a lazy rehash...I want a new game or a sonic game done right which is mania. Generations was a solid reminder and anniversary game going through the history of sonic but it did the core gameplay worse

The classic stages, no comment and everyone knows the original sonics are better
The modern stages, unleashed had way better boost levels

The graphics and music were a downgrade to unleashed/colors and the story was paper thin and shit with the nu sonic writing where hes a douchebag

Sonic team needs to just stop making sonic games, rebrand, and make a nother series...please no more fucking sonic team sonic games

Another thing, no contents

9 fucking levels to celebrate 20 years?! non anniversary games have just as much or more levels than what as seen as the most important sonic in a while...what a joke

>I don't want a lazy rehash
>mmmm mania, so gud
Sonic fan, ladies and gentleman.

Look, the only reason i can accept mania is because its going to play like an original sonic game. Thats the selling point right there

Either they make classic sonics styled games exactly like the originals, or they make brand new 3D games like adventure and unleashed which take the series to new areas and settings. Sonic mania team is doing their job right, sonic team is putting generations 2 in a ruined spagonia with the same bad classic gameplays and boost stages worse then unleashed boost stages.

The current Sonic team is done and has no reason to go on

>literally no gameplay footage for generations 2
>judging it based on a 1 minute CGI teaser

wew

There was nothing prepared for 20th anniversary, they rushed a game and left DLC ideas when they realized the fanbase modders were making a better job.

Truly a shame.

>REEEE GIB ORIGINAL GAYM
Nigger, all they are doing is painting Generations a different color. You know, like how Mania is essentially 3&K painted up just right. Christ, you a literally a child who will eat his mac and cheese but whine about the peas.
>The current Sonic team is done and has no reason to go on
Kill yourself. Genfags will eat 2017 up. Boostfags will eat it up. The classicfags that liked the classic Sonic portions will eat it up. You? You'll be here throwing a tantrum.

>Two different homing attacks
>They're both functionally identical, except sometimes only one of them will damage an enemy, which isn't telegraphed at all until you use the wrong attack on it and take a hit.

This game is probably worse than 06 in terms of raw design.

>unable to beat the red guy boss at the end of Sky Road Zone
>look up how to beat him
>you have to stand still until your homing attack magically powers itself up on it's own

The "Generations guys" also did Lost World.

You mean that subpar game that was 80% 2D?

Oh boy consider me fucking hyped.

Look here, you little fucking shit. You're going to put the demon mask on, and MAKE SEGA GREAT AGAIN. Or else I'm going to blast you with my shotgun and make your girlfriend and myself into amputee sex slaves for eternity.