You fucking idiot

You fucking idiot, read this whole thing. I don't care about your short attention span, read this right now and realize how much of a moron you are, you fucking idiot.

Here are all of the occasions to get a CFW on your 3DS that you have missed:
>9.2
Yes, this is the first one. Not 4.x, Gateway's shit and you had no reason to stay on 4.x unless you didn't want to play with your 3DS in 2013 and 2014.
However, in early 2015, when 9.2 was one of the latest system versions, you could downgrade to 4.x to install an unstable and free CFW. And after only a few months, an actual, free CFW was released: rxTools. It didn't allow you to pirate at first, but that came soon enough. Meanwhile, it allowed you to update from 9.2 WITHOUT losing its benefits and gaining everything else. But you idiots couldn't inform yourselves properly, no! Lurking the usual places (like GBAtemp or 3dbrew) or even (formerly /gwg/) was too hard for you fucking idiots. You feel this stupid need to be dumb and not even read what the system updates do to your console.
It's even worse, since the easy browser entrypoint on 9.2 actually became popular at the time. And when the next update came out, you had no reason to update. NO REASON. And yet you did. Because you couldn't read two sentences about it.
So you heard all of the /vp/ shitposters saying stupid shit like "yeah you need to go to 9.5 the pokemon cheat still works xDDDD". And while that's true, updating from 9.2 makes you lose what made 9.2 good in the first place: allowing you to control everything.

>10.7
If you aren't above 10.7, you can still downgrade to 9.2. Oh, and we got arm9loaderhax and a bunch of other cool stuff in the meanwhile. But you're a fucking idiot, so you updated past 10.7 too.
You fucking idiot.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aai25/yellow8_released_the_dsiware_installer/d9f27vk/
plailect.github.io/Guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>11.2
Ok, now you're complicating things for yourself for no reason, you moron. You have two methods to downgrade from 11.2 to below 10.7 (which then can get you to 9.2):
using a hardmod
or
having an already modded 3DS (hahahaha) where you can buy a DSiWare game
And I bet you're on 11.2 (the latest system version), you idiot.

>11.1
We're going to get new exploits on 11.1 that have been fixed by 11.2. They will make things easier. But no, you saw there was a new update! You just had to do it right away, who knows what exciting new thing Nintendo brought this time around! You fucking idiot.

>b-b-but I d-don't need homebrew anyway!!! xD
Yes, you do. A 3DS without kernel access isn't a 3DS worth owning as of 2016. You're preventing yourself from enjoying useful features like screenshots in all games, game mods, external controllers, ram editing (that's what you idiots call "cheating", because you're too dumb to figure out it also has other uses and are scared by a proper name), video streaming (New 3DS only) and much more. Oh, that includes piracy as well, people who can't buy games tend to enjoy that. It also includes being able to run games without the region lock.

>But user! im not a fucking idiot! xD Im On MenuHacks With 10.x! Thats all i Need!!!! I dont need downgrades or CFW's IM FiNe WiTh My Homebrew!!!! xDD
Yes, you are, you fucking idiot. And you do need them, you fucking idiot. You can't stay on 10.4 or whatever forever. You'll have to update at some point, and only a fucking idiot would update to 11.2 or whatever comes next without CFW.

Stop being such a fucking idiot, you fucking idiot.

are you okay user?

he's got a severe case of "Copypastitis"

this shit again.jpg

tl;dr

Im not interested, Ill keep my 3DS unhacked thank you.

I'm not going to risk bricking my 3DS for free games user.

I want to support developers and play badge arcade tyvm

On one hand, I am a fucking idiot because my system is at newest official firmware, and I will have to wait a long time to hack my nintendo.

On the other hand, I think I speak for the entire board when I say THESE THREADS ARE OVERSATURATING Sup Forums AND THEY NEED TO GO AWAY

Literally kill yourself if you are too stupid to hack your 3DS

Who cares? Sup Forums is shit regardless, at least they help you realize you should visit better places.

my 3ds works just fine i like to keep it updated thanks user

>I think I speak for the entire board when I say THESE THREADS ARE OVERSATURATING Sup Forums AND THEY NEED TO GO AWAY

you don't speak for me
this is the first time I've seen this

I don't give a shit about 3DS games.

You can update it all you want once you have installed Luma.

Slowhax fucking when

can't be bothered

what about 11.0?

Same as 11.1

Last time I checked my unhacked 3DS can still play all the games I want and that's all I need.

Actually I set up reinand cfw on my 9.2 and never looked back
Shit just works

How do I hack my "New" Nintendo 3DSXL that is on the most recent firmware (11.2)?

S-Stop yelling at me, I've already hacked mine!

Just put Luma on my n3ds and a 2ds, shit is god. Don't have to jump through hoops for virtual console to work

I don't care.

Hacked my o3DS ages ago, kept my n3DS unhacked.
I haven't touched my o3DS in months, while I play on my n3DS every single day.

you don't even own a 3ds and you call people idiots for not doing what you order them...
get help.

he's power tripping over some chink piracy tools because he literally actually believe "mr nintendo" is a real person and "he" is crying at people who don't buy games like him.

>3ds
Why do I care about this.

>Buy n3ds xl
>Bottom screen ribbon cable isn't connected properly so it fucks up
>Send it back
>LOL REPAIR(? I don't know if it was actually repaired or I got a different one back)
>Get a n3ds xl back
>it has 11.2

I hate nintendo warranty / repair

All I need my DS for now is Pokemon so who gives a shit about hacking it?
What the fuck?

>still using gateway
I have no fucking intentions to break something that works.

Meanwhile we'll be enjoying Sun/Moon, the only 3DS main Pokémon game actually worth playing way before you do.
And that won't prevent us from buying a physical version when it gets released.

>gateway
>works

SUN AND MOON LEAK
WHEN

>You fucking idiot, read this whole thing.
The idiot is who fell for the Nintendo meme.

My OG3DS actually couldn't run my cartridge of MH4U after the first wave of HAX was out/popularized on Sup Forums without freezing/crashing if I hit the home menu, so I ended up losing my Streetpass and Activity Log saves from formatting since I didn't back up them up.

Thankfully I backed up my other saves just in case, but still, I don't think OG3DS even have enough resources (?) available.

Who gives a fuck about 3DS homebrew and piracy when PS3 piracy is all the rage right now with Persona 5, Blazblue Central Fiction, Tales of Berseria, and other games coming out for it.

have to have a specific model bro. 3DS piracy is cut and dried

i'll probably buy a pirateable PS3 in the future. there's just too many rpgs in there that i haven't played yet

>screenshot
How do I do?

NTR CFW

All PS3 models are hackable with a ODE chip.

Even better if your PS3 has been collecting dust for years it's probably on a low enough firmware to exploit it in 5 minutes

How to hack

could you provide a link this for me on how to install an ODE chip? finding those pirateable fat ps3s is a pain since most of the ps3s I see in here are the slim type

If you were less angry I might do it
But just because of that I'm not going to, sorry.

Look on eBay, aliexpress, modchipcentral, Google.

For fat PS3s the ODE just replaces the bluray drive and tricks it into loading games through external hardware.

Autism.

Telling someone they're a fucking idiot doesn't mean you're angry.

>Sun/Moon
>worth playing
wat

I'm really not sure why there is so much, what seems like, shill posting for 3DS CFW. It's like someone is profiting from this...

I already CFW'd my 3DS

How likely are we going to be able to download the new Pokemon games before they're officially released? I'm going to Japan for a trip on the 18th of November, the exact date the games release here in Australia. I'd love to be able to download one of them beforehand for the plane trip and stuff.
>inb4 BING BING WAHOO

>Tfw already hacked my slim
It was easy, now I'm playing any PS1 or PS3 game.

Extremelylikely.

dammit its out of stock at modchipcentral

I'll never hack my 3DS because I'll probably never pick it up again. Only had it for one game and I finished that. Now it's literally a paperweight in my cupboard.

Check eBay for Cobra ODE

why would you want to hack your 3ds anyways

I haven't updated my original 3DS since I got a New 3DS XL in August 2015. It's on Ver. 10.5.0-30U. I don't really know if I want to do anything with homebrew yet. Frankly, the only reason I'm interested is for disassembling games and viewing their assets (music, models, textures, scripts, etc.) I buy all my games through retail otherwise (and not even used) because it solidifies the sense of ownership for me.

Plus, the final 3DS firmware update will be cracked eventually, so it's not like it'll end up unhackable forever.

for PIRACY YOU FUCKING IDIOT
I LOVE TO PIRATE GAMES
I HACKED MY 3DS SO I COULD PIRATE
DO YOU UNDERSTAND
I LIKE TO GET GAMES FOR FREE

>risk

Unless you're actually, unironically mentally retarded, it's virtually impossible to brick your system now. There are so many checks and failsafes in place that it's 99.9999% idiot proof.

Much like the hax itself, the release will be slow

but piracy is illegal user

It not being out yet is the only reason /hbg/ calls it slow

There's a piracy thread on fuck off there.

No, it's called slowhax because it literally takes 20 minutes to work. The reason for this is because it spawns a shitload of new processes until a particular process value overflows to 0. Once that value hits zero, the generated process has elevated privileges.

butthurt ninbutas need to fuck off

Didn't you see it's even mentioned in the OP? And it's not about piracy.

I have al9h/luma and updated luma to the newest hourly
Can I update to the newest version?

Yes, you should be fine. But really, you should use the normal version, not the hourlies.

source

>on 10.x
>every instruction list to downgrade says I have to hardmod it first
Is there any other way?

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aai25/yellow8_released_the_dsiware_installer/d9f27vk/

Don't know what the hell outdated shit you're reading, but read this.
plailect.github.io/Guide/

Interesting, thank you

>THESE THREADS ARE OVERSATURATING Sup Forums
Not really, there's never more than one of these up at any given time.

I really can't be bothered.

got a new 3DS for xenoblade last year. Never owned a ds before. Now i pick up all the DS games I wanted to play for 2-3 euros a piece. bought 4 for 10 bucks after xenoblade and still making my way through that. by the time I'm done I will get a new batch and be satisfied for another year.

Why the fuck do you guys care so much what other poeple do with their ds?

Alright, thanks.

But why should I use the normal versions?

11.0 hax when

Thanks dude, I was reading a guide provided by an OP just a month ago making the same thread.

Stability.

There's a kernel exploit waiting to be released for anybody on 11.0/11.1. Supposedly in December. Don't update.

So you can basically use it just by launching a lot of games? (I don't mean to do anything useful, you can't really get custom code just like that, I'm asking out of curiosity)

Hope Sun/Moon don't force a system update

im still on rxtools, will updating to 11.2 fuck me over ?

I'm not sure that's how it works. Even if it did, doing it manually like that would take much longer than letting slowhax automate it.

Rednand is still fine, but it probably won't be in the next update.

No. But you should still consider either switching emuNAND loaders or switching to A9LH. RxTools is abandonware at this point, so it's a time bomb.

>im still on rxtools

still on cakes btw. still thinking when's the time to upgrade to a9lh so far my cakes isn't working lol haven't updated to the latest firmware i think i'm on 11.0

>cakes

I'm going to reply to you even though I know you only posted it so you could reply to yourself with because this info might be useful to someone who's new.

Cakes does work and has no issues right now. And it also supports a9lh (you need to activate FIRM partition protection manually though). However the developer pretty much abandoned it, so it is going to break eventually. Luma also offers more useful features, so there's no reason to use Cakes now.

>always thought ntr was n3ds exclusive
>find out it works on o3ds too
>try it
>doesn't work with 11.1 and up
i just wanted to finally take screenshots

You need to use astronautlevel2's BootNTR build.

>Being a pirate

KYS.
I don't need any of that junk, I enjoy buying games and supporting companies, while people like you are killing them.

note even the same guy bro, just don't want to fix something ain't broken

Yes, you are. We have already been over this. Fuck off.

But I'm being the good goy and making sure games are still being made

Happy pirating, user

It has nothing to do with piracy.

I was the one who said
>cakes
It's become an impulse.

this is what normalfags actually think
>i don't want to brick my 3DS it was so expensive!!
>i'll buy censored games because i want to play the game it's no big deal!!!