Nier:Automata

Nier Automata hype thread: Official Box Art Revealed edition!

Apparently (in Japan at least) the PS store now has a preorder page for the game.

Guys, this is actually happening.

Damn, that girl is Posing.

Jojo reference!

Is she standing on a giant dead Pod?

Will wait for the steam port

Do you think we'll have had to play the first to understand anything that's going on?

This is why releasing the game on PC is a mistake.

no, it's set like 8000 years after the first game

first game's apparently sht anyway, dont bother

I doubt it.

Preorder page on US and EU PSN when?

No.

They've already said the story stands alone due to the enormous time skip

You'll probably miss a lot of little nods to continuity and past events, but catching all of those basically involves playing every game Taro ever wrote and also reading all the side content and drama CDs and shit.

What do you think our preorder bonus Pod skin will look like?

Bear in mind the Amazon preorder bonus makes the Pod a cardboard Amazon shipping box, the Lawson bonus makes it look like the Lawson uniform, and the PS store bonus is pic related

So what happened to 9S?

Almost certainly infected with, and slowly dying from, the Logic Virus

>first game's apparently sht anyway, dont bother

NORMIES GET OUTTA MY NIER

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm specially upset that this game gets a PC release

not going to even try it

It literally says in the top right corner that this package is sample art.
Meaning even though it's indeed official art, there's no telling if they'll actually go with this.

This is the box art they've commissioned from Akihiko Yoshida, it just came back

Yes, they could always decide to go in a different direction, but I don't see why they would. It's not like he did a bad job or the art would cause issues with certain retailers or something

Platinum was a mistake.

art is so damn good
lets hope the US version will be the same

this cover definitely wont fly in the US

can't wait to see the focus tested normie cover for US

Too many white people?

In seriousness, I get the sense that Yousuke Saito learned his lesson from the original Nier, and he's no longer trying to change the game to appeal to the west.

He's still shooting for western appeal, but he's getting it in a different way; Platinum ("they're more popular in the west even than here"), a Steam release, etc.

Or that every region gets a different piece of Yoshida art.

>too much thigh/cleavage
>girl holding a boy in her arms
>you can see his smooth legs

Publisher is seeking an M rating already, that won't have to be removed in the move stateside

And of course, I forgot my pic related

Which, ironically, actually ADDS skin, since the DoD3 art is basically just the title on white