Is this the greatest video game company who ever existed?

Is this the greatest video game company who ever existed?

Yes. Scummy business practices (but then again, which company isn't?) but they produce my most beloved franchises.

>Is this the greatest video game company who ever existed?
nope
Nintendo is the best

>Rootkit Fighter Jive

was*

That's not Konami

I wish, but then they showed us BoF6.

Yes
They were and still making fucking fun games which are enjoyable

Capcom is a fucking shell of its former self yet they still manage to be pretty decent. Every blue moon they still release a fantastic game.

But man this whole Street Fighter V fiasco was just sad. You can only hope they learn from it.

Sure was. I still like Resident Evil though, at least that's still alive for now.

NOPE

Thinking about it, I am going with Nintendo also. Capcom is a confident second though.

better companies have been killed by ea

>western devs
>mattering

>Resident Evil Remake remaster
>Sells great
>Dragon's Dogma PC
>Sells great
>Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
>Sells great
Maybe Capcom are learning from their mistakes, sure they're just remasters bu-
>Umbrella Corps and Street Fighter V

Goddamnit Capcom.

Considering Capcom's absurd expectations for most of their franchises I wonder what they think of SFV's performance.

>make sure to not advertise their games
>release them on arbitrary platforms
>can't remake anything that isn't resident evil
>release sequels no one ever asked for
>never release sequels people cry for
>shittiest dlc policy on top of acceptable games

they're not bad, but sometimes it's like they don't want money

They wanted to reach 2 million for March this year.

It has so far sold 1.4 million. STxT and DmC sold better.

If they didn't falter after like 2007 then yes.

They were just reissuing and cleaning up older stuff for new platforms because it's easy money (And in the case of REmake, the exclusivity contract with Ninty finally expired), they never had any intention of getting their shit together.

Dragon's Dogma PC actually happened because people wouldn't stop bitching about it.

When I try to think up my top 10 favorite vidya characters at least 4 are Crapcom characters, so they're doing something rightthere.

HAHAHA, spotted the nintentoddler.

No, but they're responsible for some of the greatest and most successful games and franchises. Their current business practices and game development are garbage compared to what they used to be, and they've lost a ton of talent (Mikami/Kamiya/NeoG).
For once I just wish they'd release a complete and polished game, and only add good DLC a few months after launch.

It's funny how some of their most popular series have started out incredibly rough

SFV is a good game at it's core, it's just being handled poorly.

They made some good games and many bad decisions ie Dino Crisis 3, Lost Planet 3, UC, not the best but someone who you can rely in this age of shit video games

It's also doesn't work for me, i mean there some bug and multiplayer never ever find other person to play with.
Also i can not revamp control and that very important. I could in SF 4 why i can't now? That's terrible. Such decline in quality. I would expect this from some indie studio but not from them.

Even so, they'd better start handling it after capcom cup. Games like GGXrd have cool lobby mechanics and a fleshed out single player modes at launch and SFV was and is struggling to be even bare bones in that regard.

It's pretty clear Umbrella Corps and SF5 were made on a tight budget. Keep in mind Capcom had ~$150 million in the bank at one point when SF5 was in development. And it was co-founded by Sony.

I'm pretty sure it's the same problem most Japanese devs have - they like that baka gaijin money, but only really listen to their home audience.

theyre up there desu

their fall from grace is a microcosm of the shitty state and general decline of the industry

but they have created many of the greatest games ever in various genres in their history and still come out with absolute beauties like Dragon's Dogma even in the modern age

Yeah the game doesn't support dinput yet, even though they promised it on release, that's what I mean by handled poorly, but if you want you could use apps to map keyboard keys to your dinput controller/stick/whatever, the one I use is called Antimicro, it's open source so it's pretty good, but there are some others too.

>but if you want you could use apps
I'm not that despaired, i have other games to play that don't need apps to work properly. It's just sad i couldn't enjoy this one because they were lazy fucks.

I don't see the problem, the app runs in the background and doesn't affect your game in any way.

>the first company to officialy release ondisc dlc that you had to additionaly pay to use

You see, i have to download said app, install it, configure it, i don't want to do any of that work. I pay for games to enjoy them not work to make them playable.

At one point. Now they're just okay with moments of greatness. Still better than Konami.

But oh, the sexy girls they've given us over the years...

No
The following companies are all better:
>Spike Chunsoft
>Cyberconnect2
>Square Enix
>Nintendo

Revelations 2 tho

Anyone with some common sense will agree that Capcom died years ago.

nope

>Westwood
>Bullfrog

I will miss you.

Did Sega stop being fucking faggots like they were some years ago? I don't remember them doing anything particularly dumb lately. They have good franchises but made a lot of bad decisions and lack of localizations.

they used to be really good, but now all they do is release street fighter games like it were call of duty, ruin resident evil, and churn out an ok ace attorney game every so often.

7th Dragon III: Code VFD came out recently from them

>Umbrella Corps and Street Fighter V

I don't give a shit about fighting games anymore, but Umbrella Corps was just some shitty action spinoff. Probably intended for all the action babbies who were predictably going to lose their shit when the main RE series was steering back toward a less action-oriented direction.

It was at one point, but then the "Capcom 5" marked the beginning of their downfall.

Capcom, like many Japanese companies, suffers from being great in the past and having many great franchises but making little use of them and making dumb decisions. Still, Capcom has probably made more games I like than any other company over the past 30 years so I tend to agree with OP.

It WAS the greatest company who ever existed.