Le Epic Skyrim Challenge for the Challenged

So I'm in the process of downloading skyrim special edition (don't worry, I had the DLC's from the first one, I got it for free, no sheckels for bethesda) but because I've replayed the original like a billion times at least, I want to do something new.

Any ideas? Gimmicks, classes, role playing agendas? What about any mods? I was thinking house mods or a weapon that I would solely use through the whole game. The more creative the better, though it better be practical and not something like 'never wear a helmet' or 'you can only use enchanted gear'.

So basically it's a run where you have to uninstall this shitty fucking game and delete your thread while you're at.

Be a boxer. Only use your fists and fists weapons. No blades, no shields, no bows. You can use healing magic.

im glad I came here, so many expressive opinions and ideas. Surely I'll create the ultimate challenge in no time.

My idea would be to find a better game to play than one of the dullest franchises in the history of game franchises. Seriously each episode following the "chosen one" protagonist and his pals from the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood/Fighters Guild as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the fantasy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of awful combat, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Todd Howard vetoed the idea of developing with the PC only in mind; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for weak consoles, which is why every "town" is 3 huts and a forge. The Elder Scrolls series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Witcher series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least Morrowind was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the factions were terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I walked by a guard, he would make that same shitty joke. You know which one.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Bethesda's writers are so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Oblivion by the same Jim Sterling. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Oblivion at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Dragon Age." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play Elder Scrolls you are, in fact, trained to play Dragon Age.

I'm doing this,but you need to also spec and use melee weapons so you get the stamina reduction and faster dual wielding perks,but you could always just add them in via commands if you feel like fucking around.

Yeah sure that'll be your character progression, gain Unarmed perks and try to enchant your fist weapons.

Your copypasta sucks. Fuck off.
Do not use a bow/sneak/lockpick a single time throughout the whole playthrough should be a challenge to force you to play differently

Best pasta un years

this pasta tastes a bit stale

no armour no weapons no fists no magic*

pure stealth. only kill what you have to.

*unless you have to kill a vital npc

play stealth archer

this is even worse than

Try playing with Hud Opacity 0, vanilla expert difficulty, Archery + magic only, heal-over-time potions mod and locked 1st person camera. It is literally a hardmode but at the same time highly immersive. For extra challenge quicksave/save only near random beds.

You can detect your health by the heartbeat sound when near death, stamina by exhausted sound, enemies by footsteps, etc.

Hit yourself with hammer every time when your character gets hit ingame. Wear stupid cosplayer armor while playing to get maximum immersun.

And I forgot to mention when your character dies hit yourself in BALLS

Level 1 run, no HUD, Hardcore and Mortal Wounds mods.

Play as a hunter who lives off the land. Just an idea im going to use on my next playthrough.

-Use bows and iron dagger
-Make money through pelts
-Wear hide armor
-Only use stealth on animals/beasts. No humanoids
-companion must equip bow, alternatively make your companion a dog/wolf
-restrict yourself to alchemy, illusion, bow, 1H

Might use campfire and frostfall mods to make it better and whatever wildfire enhancing mods I can find.

When I played, I did fists only for most encounters except for things like boss fights where I used summoned equipment. So like, summon sword and board to take a dragon's first few hits, summon a bow for when he's flying around, that sort of thing. It was pretty fun.

Don't bother.

At least with the special edition. There's no mods for it yet so you're entirely limited to the vanilla game which means no matter what build or stupid flavor RP you try you're still going to be doing the same old quests you've already done a million times.

If you really want to replay Skyrim just install a lot of the "immersion" and gameplay mods tesgeneral recommends. Then come up with a character to roleplay and stick to it until you get bored. Use alternate start as a jumping off point. Maybe just be a hunter out in the woods who hunts game to sell in town every once in a while. Or a bounty hunter with some kind of twist to it. Or get lewd and dive in loverslab and become a big horse-dicked succubus or some shit.

If you like writing, that in-game journal mod can help a lot. Helps to remember what the fuck you were doing when you last left off as well.

I had no interest in the "remaster" until I saw this. This actually seems kind of fun, maybe I'll try it

It reminded me those daggerfall classes when in like in 18 out 20 prebuilt classes you couldn't wear anything but leather armor and had stupid limitations on most useful weapons. Granted armor in daggerfall didn't do anything, but still it was annoying as hell.

Play a vampiric punchcat who's a cheeky bugger. Join the thieves guild and get Inigo as follower, and enjoy the bantz.

>There's no mods for it yet so you're entirely limited to the vanilla game

Not true, loads of significant mods have already been ported and no, it's not just the shitty texture swaps that pop up day 1.

The real issue is that the script extender isn't out yet, which means no SkyUI - making the whole game a clunky chore to play regardless of whatever worthwhile immersion/quest mods you have or haven't got - and no MCM, which means the mods that have been ported need to resort to that shitty "Options Power" workaround for configuration.

Ive been thinking of another character type aswell. Blacksmith.

-Forging, smithing, mineral collecting, selling and buying weapons.
-Questing through dangerous dungeons for ancient artefacts, weapons and armor all for that sweet gold.
-Open your own shop.
-Have your companion be your smith apprentice.
-Wear only blacksmith apron/regular clothes and limit yourself to warhammers. Enchant for more variety

Id make it more detailed, but im busy at the moment. Basically any character archtype can be expanded on. You just need to find the right mods. You can also make it feel less like a game if you limit your fast travels. E.g once every 30 minutes or something idk

It's easier to just play Recettear instead.