Squad V8 update has to be some sort of dark magic...

Squad V8 update has to be some sort of dark magic, the polish and optimisation is off the charts! Can we have a Squad thread to celebrate this fucking update please?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0Xc4Gfg3ZvJlVDy2
youtube.com/watch?v=ylvtB3XzIz4
youtube.com/watch?v=zCbEBFw2lDs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also if you're serious about squad and play regularly join this discord:
discord.gg/0Xc4Gfg3ZvJlVDy2

We have enough for 1 and a half full squads want to get that up to 2 full squads so we can execute more complex coordinated attacks and shit.

Does it still have no content?

I didn't like arma (literally 10 minute walking simulator then getting 1hk by a invisible sniper). would I like squad?

Well considering you're shit at arma then maybe not

I'm not going to look it up, I'm just remembering as accurately as I can

7 huge maps with 3-6 variants each
5 or so vehicle types with 1 or 2 versions of each vehicle
4 or 5 factions with brits on the way
loads of weapons, to be added: shotguns, mortars, javelins

Mod community working with SDK until mods are officially supported, shit like full ww2 conversion mods in the works and PR favourites map remakes

I liked the idea of Arma but the amount of time you had to put in and the long amount of walking you had to do wasn't worth it for those admittedly exciting 1-5 minute engagements

In Squad it has a few 'gamey' mechanics where squad leader can place a rally to let their squad spawn in or place an FOB which allows the whole team to spawn in from that point, plus vehicles and the big but not 25sq km big maps you're gonna be 5 mins from the action max if your FOB and rallies are taken down and your squad is wiped out and you have to go back to home base.
Every match to me is like Arma at its best with no 30 minute lulls in between.

v8 looking sexy
youtube.com/watch?v=ylvtB3XzIz4

squaaaaaa

REEEEEEEEE care about squad

>Be in hammer with my squad
>suddenly shots
>Squadlead: "DISEMBARK SHITHEADS!"
>check all directions
>kill 1 hajeeb
>everything is silent
>SL: "Lets move out"
>everyone gets in
> i'm about to approach vehicle
>waiting for the guy who checked the building like in 20 meters from Hammer
>SL: "Hurry the fuck up"
>Suddenly guy gets shot from different direction
>SL: "Get to the building!
>get behind the fence
>suddenly RPG
>Hammer becomes a wreck and whole squad dies

MADCUZBAD

>says hammer instead of hummer
>wants to say hummer, but says hammer instead when he actually means a humvee

>he can't play arma
you might like overwatch, user

>make a small 3 man squad
>take a technical and drive wide of the frontline and get behind the enemy
>place 3 or 4 FOBs in tactical positions to best capture flags
>other squad on our team caps the frontline flag
>steamroll the enemy with cap after cap thanks to our FOBs

non combat roles are comfy as fuck, i like the scout class, i can just set up on a hill and provide game changing intel to my buds

youtube.com/watch?v=zCbEBFw2lDs

LMG gunner is comfiest.
Last night I spent most of my time mowing down Chechens in a poppy field from a hill with my RPK.
Was fantastic

The suppression mechanics were enhanced for V8 so LMG is a lot more useful now, in V7 the people you were laying fire on still basically had full accuracy so you just got sniped 3 seconds after they found where the bullets were coming from.

Proper suppression, increased aim sway from low stamina (with slower stam regen) and high calibre round penetration really fucking add a lot to the game from the handful of V8 rounds I've played.

>playing arma
why not just play arisoft with your friends you ugly neckbeard

>All teams full so I team up with some guy
>Guy has a strong French accent but is dead serious as a player
>We 2 man shit and flank like mother fuckers all game
>Teaches me how to play more efficient and be more patient
French bro wherever you are I salute you.

the server browser is so fucking shit, literally servers with loads of slots but comes up saying its full

its so outdated and slow

Never had or heard of any of my any squadbros experiencing a similar issue. Sucks for you but that isn't the typical experience.

Yeah they need to fix it, but it's not that big of a deal. It's not like project reality where there are only two populated servers at any given time.

Do any small arma have penetration? Like maybe the g3, m110, SVD, maybe AKMs?
I feel like every gun should have some level of penetration, like through doors or garage doors.

There's nothing more comfy than being a drunk medic 2bh

Devs said penetration limited to heavy weapons atm, BTR has highest penetration and can go through shipping containers and multiple houses, I hid in a barn from a Humvee yesterday and had to hit the deck as bullets were flying through the walls. They said they'll monitor how it performs in the game and then add it for small arms too in a future patch.

I don't find medic that comfy personally, my comfy goto's are scout, logistics runner, transport/taxi, small recon/fob squad that turns the tide of a match whilst barely seeing conflict

We must be playing different games user.
Because when I play medic there are millions of dead people around me screaming for medic while I don't know where the enemy is and Im trying to save one person and they all fucking need help.
Its a fucking PTSD simulator in that situation.

>discord

Agreed, at least you end up having a massive score by the end of the game.

We use the in game comms, but due to lack of a friends/group system in squad you need to organise finding and joining a server and talking between rounds etc.

>the polish and optimisation is off the charts!
>3 hours
>30 posts
>thread still alive
Shill thread.

I'm OP, the patch really was amazing, you can go to the squad reddit and see hundreds of people jizzing about how they got 30fps gains. They aren't shills, just fellow Squad enthusiasts.
And I bumped the thread from page 10 for the first 90 minutes then it caught traction. I do hope you consider trying out Squad, there'll be a free weekend next Thursday through to Sunday for you to take in the Squad experience for yourself.

Squad isn't liked around here because Project Retards start shitting up the threads

They may have a point. Squad isn't that great.

>There are people who like a game?!?
Wtf dude

>hey the idea of this game looks pretty good
>watch gameplay videos
>its autist doing tango bravo rogers dodger speak while firing blindly into the forest every single video

I'm not sold on this.

so you'd prefer OUR UAV IS ONLINE

AC-130 ABOVE
BAMBI

You're posting in a shill thread, my dude.

Yeah because its either autism or doritos. Fuck off with your black and white world.

There's a free weekend as of next Thursday, try it for youself. A lot of the popular Squad uploaders like Karmakut are super in to it and do the lingo but most people in suqad do it to some extent because it's efficient and when an engagement starts your squad has to exchange info in seconds to react.

thats awesome, thanks for letting me know. i thought the game looked really cool but i didnt want to buy it since ive had so many bad experiences with early access before. ill make sure to try it out.

Yeah I can understand not wanting to pay £30 to try an early access game, it's hard to convince my non Squad owning friends it's worth it so the free weekend is a godsend because now they get to try before they buy and I think a lot of people would dig this game if they played it for an evening.