My enemies are many. My equals are none

My enemies are many. My equals are none.

In the shade of olive trees they said Italy could never be conquered.

In the land of pharos and kings they said Egypt could never be humbled.

In the realm of forests and snow, they said Russia could never be tamed.

Now they say nothing. They fear me, like a force of nature a dealer in thunder and death. I say, I am Napoleon! I am emperor!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Code
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the point of this thread?

JUST

It's a videogame series called Total War featuring Napoleon.

What I never understood about the Napoleonic wars is why the allies actually let Napoleon live after they conquered France, even after he had been responsible for the deaths of millions. They even let him be ruler of some island and then he returned to France and started more wars. Why didn't they just shoot him and bury him a hole somewhere?

literally who?

for you to post that and get banned

It would be a shame to kill such a man.

Maybe as not to martyr him? Maybe out of gentleman's respect? Napoleon was still beloved in France, despite causing catastrophy for the nation.

>kill napoleon
>make him a martyr.

what is wrong with rocket artillery in this game and how do we fix it?

NapoopaN memes

Add more artillery to each unit, maybe double or triple its size

The whole game is fucked. I just reinstalled and my line infantry only fires in the front line. So if you have a dense formation, only the ten guys standing in the front will fire. The rest will just stand behind and do absolutely nothing.

>In the realm of forests and snow, they said Russia could never be tamed.
>Now they say nothing.
Cause you lost the war with your troops freezing to death?

Are you sure? I remember there being a way to have the guys crouch, but that might have been in FotS or Empire.

I know FOTS has that. But I can't find the option in Napoopan.

Also, isn't the front line supposed to fall back as they reload giving way to the next line to fire? Why does this game not have basic composition of a line infantry?

>custom battle
>give myself 20 rocket artillery
>give enemy one line infantry
>lose

Artillery is useless in most TW games. It's potent in FOTS but even then it takes so much effort hauling artillery around that you might aswell just rely on naval bombardment while keeping a mobile host.

AND I FUCK UNWASHED CUNTS EVERY MORNING

I'm fairly certain that they crouched, historically speaking. Either way this game should not be taken too seriously and lacks some features. that should be in the game. Multiplayer is still a tactical and fun experience though.

Horse artillery in napoleon was pretty good, and of course the cannons in the FotS as you said. Atleast for empire and napoleon the cannons have had alright accuracy and damage, but just ridiculously long reload times. If you do get rockets you will find that your rocket crew just stands around most of the time doing nothing.

>Artillery is useless in most TW games
It saddens me to no end. The artillery in the TW games is so fucking satisfying, but nearly always you'd be better served by just having more infantry.

fire by rank is automatically enabled.

Even if useless, the gatling guns in FOTS are so satisfying that I end up bringing them anyways. Couple it with bombardment shenanigans from the navy and sometimes battles end before the infantry is even engaged.

Cant you mod the stats to make them useful?

Aside from the other replies, all of which were factors that played into the decision to exile him, another reason is that killing aristocrats opens a can of worms that other aristocrats absolutely do not want opened. They all get up to questionable activities and they all know it. Who among them deserves death and who gets to decide it? They could have argued that Napoleon wasn't aristocratic by birth, but their survival instinct won out over their pride and they didn't question his status as nobility.

No better feeling in a game than watching the french charge you and your front line firing, them kneeling down, your 2nd line firing, and then your 3rd.
Even better was FOTS Royal Marines.

napoleon was a corsican nob tho.
he is talking about multiplayer.
Do whatever you want in SP. Bring an army of elephants if it pleases you.

I have Rome, Empire, Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 but I haven't played a single Total War game since Shogun 1. Which one should I play?
Are they good offline? I'm a PvP-oriented guy.

You have to research fire by rank you doofus.

>pvp
play med 2
watch nationalist shitters play as turks, poles or russians.

>napoleon was a corsican nob tho.
His title of emperor was still unchallenged in France. Kings simply didn't want to set a precedent for it being ok to kill other kings just because they were on the losing side of a war. They never knew when it would be them on the losing side.

Shogun 2 is nice. I enjoyed both Fots and Standard. but Rots is terrible.

I couldn't get into rome I just hated the art style so much, but I really wanted to get into it.

Empire is quite fun although when I got to a point when i controlled all the world bar India it got a bit stale.
and sometimes the AI was really retarded but the game is pretty good.

Thanks. I just played the first campaign against Austria but the research was disabled.

>I'm a PvP-oriented guy.
Shogun 2 has the best multiplayer that they completely ditched in Rome 2 because God knows why.

Medieval 2 and Rome 1 are both great and stand the test of time. Medieval 2 has ton of great mods such as Third Age.

In terms of technical advantage, Shogun 2 FOTS is the best but the setting gets boring fast.

>tfw never able to beat Trafalgar

Villeneuve you fucking retard

Hello, my name is Diaz and I'm here to hunt and genocide french """empire""" """soldiers""" with some random farmers with knifes and do it so fucking hard I invent a new warfare.

MyM enemene ara maam. MyM equaauqe ara non.

InI thht shaahs ofo olilo trert theht saias ItalatI couoc neven beb conquqnoc.

InI thht laal ofo pharahp ana kinik theht saias EgygE couoc neven beb humbmuh.

Ini thht reaem ofo forerof ana snons, theht saias RussuR couoc neven beb tamat.

NowoN theht sas nothton. Theht fef mem, likil aa forof ofo natan aa deaed ini thunnuht ana deaed. I sas, I ama NapoopaN! I ama empepme!

Traditional notions of legal immunity for the acts in office of former sovereigns. Basically, the harshest penalty they could met out would be exile without breaking an old convention.

t. lawyer

>someone who never played napoleon total war

This whole intro is after he conquered all of europe and middle east

My fucking sides.

*tips bicorne*

That doesn't sound very historically accurate to me.

>in a videogame which allows you to alter the flow of history.

>but Rots is terrible.
What, you didn't like two-thirds of your forces as archers being the optimal army composition?

I loved it.

Napoleon was also really really fast. Whenever they tried to catch him he would just swing his arms behind him and run quicker and they would always be just out of reach. Eventually after chasing him around Paris they managed to route him to an island (Napoleon couldn't breath in water so he was stuck there)

Eventually though Napoleon met his old master who taught him new techniques and upgraded his computer to windows 10, from there he returned to pride rock and became rightful king once again and it rained. Then after they teleported behind him and... well you know the rest.

dude invade russia lmao

They were literally copying the Vendome Peasants strategies

Book related, its about the French landing 3000 men in Ireland in 1798

Because these were more civilised times.

Nothing wrong with invading Russia. It's just that the Russians valued themselves less than Napoleon expected.

>eternal anglo

>best game about napoleon
>made by the eternal anglo.
what went right?

>*"burn it"*
but if there's something C&A always did properly was the intro movies for total war games

>even after he had been responsible for the deaths of millions.
yeah... that's not what happened.
not only napoleon was a lot more moderated than the previous rulers of france but he never declared war to anyone but russia and portugal when he found out they were trading with england.

and although he was not royality in its most pure sense, he was still a ruler of a country and didn't break any "law" of war, so they didn't had anything to make a case against him even if they wanted to and they really wanted that's why he was ultimately poisoned because a living napoleon always gave sleeping problems to the eternal anglo

>after he had been responsible for the deaths of millions.
You mean when he was declared war on by 5 coalitions succesfully?
American education everyone

its alright when millions die when Agent orange is dropped on them,

>infinite ammo
>underpowered yet excessively useful cannon balls
>devastating cannister shot
>pretty cheap to maintain

you could just stand on a fucking hill pounding your enemy until they decided to suicide charge you every single battle... and that's why the game was so easy. and the problem is, this is all pretty historically accurate.
the cannons and howitzers are spot on but they wouldn't be so deadly if the lines weren't 3 ranks deep with a total of 300 men but the engine can't handle a real war simulation with thousands and thousands of men fighting each other.

so the only way to fix it, was probably by removing the infinite ammo.

successively*
Damn phone

rockets aren't suppose to kill but to frighten
the moral impact is higher than the regular artillery so their firepower had to be way lower

Honestly the very first thing I did when I bought this was taking my army and conquering London

was waiting for this

What don't understand is why France holds him in such high regards although he butchered everything their prized revolution stood for, becoming the thing they rebelled against in the first place.

>Artillery is useless in most TW games
Stop playing mods that nerf the shit out of it then. Artillery is absolutely necessary in Empire/Napoleon, shits on defenders in S2, clears the field in FotS, and is laser accurate in R2/Attila, making it perfect general killers.

Because once the revolution happened every other European countries planNed to ivade France and put the revolution down, and Napoleon consecutively smacks their shit 5 times over. Even when he became an Emperor he was fair and moderate, and the establishment of the civil code called Napoleonic code than ensure relative equality

Because he conquered or defeated most of Europe and pushed France's borders further than they had ever been before.

He also implemented huge civil reforms and implemented laws that still exist in France to this day. His rule had a lot of domestic effects that were very much appreciated after decades of instability and unrest.

The difference between king Louis and emperor napoleon?
Louis was king of France, Napoleon was emperor of the French.
What difference does this makes? It does not imply ownership over the nation, that he acts out of what would be beneficial to him, it implies he rules in the name of the people and for people.
Is it true? Probably not, but it made a lot of sense for the people back them. They wanted the stability that a monarch implies but also wanted to feel represented and important. So Napoleonic France kept a lot of the institutions the republic had created that supposedly could keep the ruler on check if he started going full absolutism again, like the parliament. He also told the people his wars would bring enlightenment to the other nations and end that age of absolutism he also appeased the revolutionaries.

>made the code napoleon
>ensured people had rights
>rekt the enemies of the revolution
I wonder why.

>TW thread where people don't just shit over Empire and Napoleon
Interesting

Well Empire deserve more shitting over than Rome 2 2bh.

>My enemies are many. My equals are none.
That perfectly sums up why he ultimately was a fuck up.
He was one of the worst people to ever rule a nation.

>why let Napoleon live after they conquered France
Because other rulers did similar things for equally egotistical reasons, and killing him for that would a) make the hypocritical and b) spell the same outcome for themselves should they ever find themselves at the losing end.
Noblesse oblige, and you don´t kill your fellow potentates.

Empire is my favorite though. Don't know why.

>three continents to dick around in
CA redid everything from scratch for empire.

they're about equal.

Napoleon was quality and what empire should have been

>tfw you kill like 100 enemies with one luminark shot

His greatest achievement desu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Code

>that feel when going to see Admiral Nelson's death coat tomorrow

GET HYPE
FUCK NAPOLEON

FUCK OFF GO SURRENDER FRENCH PIECE OF SHIT
THAT'S ALL YOU KNOW ABOUT WAR
GO GO WHITE FLAG

t. falseflagging frenchfag

t, Bernard

Le me.me

Because he made france great again.
People like glorious personalities, even if they are absolute rulers, and the rabble did not rise against luis XVI because they loathed to be ruled over by a king (who in fact, was one of the most humanistic rulers of his time), but because france was broke and subsequently had a famine. The anti-monarchistic students were just a small part of the revolution, the bulk of the insurgents were people who had basically nothing.
After that having another king who demonstrates french superiority to the rest of the world by roflstomping their crummy sovereigns was good fun, and france was rich from plunder.

and yet he was defeated by an old, german knight that thought that he was pregnant with an elephant

really makes you think

fuck'ff europoor

And then DarthMod raised it up

they had an opportunity to make a 3d napoléon and they made some guy who looks nothing like him. it's a mystery to me. it's not like the real one is bad looking, at least in his youth

>NapoopaN!
kek every time

Barely. It adds a lot of bugs and weird AI behaviour. Also the battle AI is far from fixed. It also just adds a shitton of unit packs without any thought. E.G Sweden gets two generic line infantry units with the same exact stats for some reason.

wait what?

From swagger to Chris-chan
Aging is a shipwreck

Warhammer artillery fucking destroys shit, it's great
Nothing more satisfying than striking out a grudge with my cannon

>when americans realize that they are only a country because the french wanted to piss off the eternal anglo.
darthmod is dogshit. Bloat everywhere

>name my castellan engineer napoleon.
>give him command of a supporting stack of 8 cannons and a few spearmen
>mfw camping on a hillside and going full grand battery on chaos.
FAITH STEEL AND GUNPOWDER

>install Darthmod
>Britain now has so many fucking infantry types that it's damn near impossible to select the one you want from the build interface
>95% of these are just slightly different line infantry

Helblasters are surprisingly powerful. They need some really good positioning to wreck shit though.

>tfw Killing Kholek Suneater with Goblin related face trauma

How one men can be so based?

Can't wait for the Skaven so I can annihilate half the enemy's troops with a single volley and then watch half of my artillery explode spectacularly.

Shit's gonna be great.

>killing Big Bird with goblins on a grudgethrower.