Nioh

Nioh in famitsu.
New characters: Ishida Mitsunari, Shima Sakon and Otani Yoshitsugu .

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sekigahara
youtube.com/watch?v=6uX6-XmaWzU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onna-bugeisha
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hattori_Hanzō
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Monitoring. Any other news?

New stage: Mt. Hiei

and a ching chong to you, young lady

What does estus taste like?

>Friends get up to her in the demo and hit the wall
>Get up to her solo and knock her out solo
A lot of people seemed to have trouble with her and I don't know why. Even hard mode was pretty easy.

Out of all the designs for Sakon and Otani (Samurai Warriors and Basara taken into account ), nioh surprisingly has the best designs for them.

Are they allies or enemies?

what is Otani's guardian spirit?
Girl with antennas?

That's a fairyboy

When is the steam pre-load happening?

This article also mentions en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sekigahara
It's gonna be a big set piece I bet.
Maybe not participating in the battle directly but maybe you visit the battlefield afterwards stepping over mountains of corpses while fighting zombies and yokai.

fuck me that my favorite trope from feudal area

In real life Tokugawa (the guy William is joining) wins the battle and units Japan.
But in the game Kerry (the villain) intends to intervene, probably to extend the civil war.
Assuming the manga follows the games plot of course.

Probably after they've got all the sales from PS4 they think they will get.

this is apparently a picture taken at paris games week, showing that you can possibly play as Hanzo in some way.

>They're portraying Ieyasu as the dindu nuffin good boy

Will never not annoy the shit out of me.

Serious question. Is it worth getting a PS4 for some of the exclusives? I don't really want to spend 400bucks plus 60 for each game just for a couple of cool looking games.

Well, he dindu nuffin, though.

All he did was wait for an opportunity,

Oh go cry to your dead monkey.

There's a manga?

I still would feel better if they didn't include women, it was this close to achieving a proper feeling of a fantasy tinted period piece but than they had to add women because otaku.

ps4 is getting a lot of exclusives in 2017, of course is worth it, but in the next year not now

Fuck off retard

yea

HotPokket

Every single fucking time I see something new about this game it's always so fucking cool and makes me want to play it even more. Why isn't it coming to PC bros?

God damn it, I just want to play it so bad. LOOK AT THAT FUCKING MITSUNARI!

with the recent announcement of the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro, you should be able to get a 2nd hand PS4 for a good deal

I think people don't realize how good blocking is against her.

It's an absolute shame how they turned it from a Ninja Gaiden/Demon's Souls hybrid in the alpha to all of the worst parts of Dark Souls in the beta.

her spin attack which creates yokai realm is the only attack i could block with out being guard broken

Probably will at some point, don't ruin the thread by begging, you're just going to turn this into a console war thread. There's already like four of them at a time here.

You do know that historically women fought in japan, right? Japanese women weren't weak ass damsels like white women were in history.

What fucking cherry-picked historical revisionism is this going to be?

>that JUST haircut
AYY LMFAO

It's gonna be great

Ginchiyo Tachibana fought historically, she was a samurai

This is so not funny that it's actually funny.

>she was a samurai
And best girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=6uX6-XmaWzU

some gameplay from paris game week

nothing new though

I-It's ok when Japan does it! It's totally different from those backwards gaijen assholes!

probably rivals like tachibana. Not enemies though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onna-bugeisha

looks like a moth spirit with humanoid features

something similar to a Venezuelan Poodle Moth

Otani looks very evil.

he has leprosy so he covers himself with clothes so he doesnt show his hideous features

Not that, he has claws on his cloves, that's evil as fuck.

has anyone been able to translate the text?

He could have avoided Sekigahara entirely but the nigger wanted his name to live on more than he wanted to save the country, that's why he kept letting Mitsunari live despite the ample opportunities he had to take him out. Yet he's always portrayed as the Japanese Liu Bei, the benevolent bringer of peace and love, when truth is he was just as much of a cold motherfucker as Nobunaga, if not moreso.

gloves*

Moth spirit is the cutest. This game is sounding like it has more content than I would have thought, I just really hope we can customise the Square > Triangle, Square > Square > Triangle, etc combo's similar to say God Hand, rather than having each Square > Triangle combo result in the same finisher. The UI indicated this but it wasn't possible.

Get off Japan's dick.

>This game is sounding like it has more content than I would have thought

They did say it would take 70 hours to complete. Sounds like a rough estimate though. It's more likely around 40-50 hours

>team ninja
>returning to PC
Not in this reality.

Yeah, during the holidays if I see a good discount I might give in. I do miss my PS2 days of unwinding on the couch playing some vidya.

Were you fags bitching and moaning about Kaede and Oyu a decade ago?

I'm still salty that they killed off Kaede off-screen

Hayashi was saying it'll take about 30-40 hours for the main story on your first run back during E3 time, so 70-ish factoring in the side missions sounds pretty reasonable.

do we know what the mark dlcs are going to give for people who beat the demos?

Never ever desu this is good. Game looks like GOTY for next year.

>Why isn't it coming to PC bros?

You're half right.

no one knows yet. im hoping it will be guardian spirits or good early equipment

hey that cut was lit af back then sam

Fuck that, I want some unique weapon or armour skins that I can upgrade/soul match as I progress. Just unlocking stuff early would be weak.

>cries because am PC gamer

All I care about is pic related.

When is it coming out anyway?

February

Yeah, published monthly.

Western forces suck, booo. I know it makes sense to include more people from there since William landed in Kyushu, but wasn't he BFFs with Ieyasu?

They respected each other, but they weren't close on a personal level. William-Sama was eternally salty over the fact that Ieyasu never let him go home to England.

Wait, how is Mitsunari alive? I thought the bad guy came to japan to collect all the mojo left by the battle of sekigahara, and that's where he died and Tokugawa won big.

They've taken a few liberties here and there; IRL Hattori Hanzo actually died a few years before the game's set.

>I thought the bad guy came to japan to collect all the mojo left by the battle of sekigahara
What made you think that?

Isn't that the backstory of the whole game? Bad guy whose name i can never remember comes to collect amrita left from the east vs west unification war.

Hanzo Hattori isn't a single individual though, the name is more of a title given to the head of the Iga ninja clan.

Oh wait, there's more than one? Neato.

Which one is the Nioh one?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hattori_Hanzō

Given this page from the manga it seems more like he wants to keep the conflict going to keep collecting, and since Sekigahara was the end of the war he must have shown up before then.

Plus you don't have a game about that period without including Sekigahara for the same reason you don't have a game about the Three Kingdoms without Chi Bi

>A few extremely isolated cases justifies their shoehorned appearance in everything
Fuck off.

It doesn't justify their shoehorned appearances in everything. But the fact that many of the few extremely isolated cases are part of the same history the game is based on does justify their appearances in this.

>Cute computer generated character isn't as cute as the real life person performing them/they are based off of.

Amazing!

>Game is fantastical and has mythological creatures
>Features female warriors that were actually
>THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE GIRLS DON'T FIGHT

What is your problem? You don't like character variety or something?

cool

Women have no place in the field of battle.

I like the fact that it looks like Nioh is actually bothering with telling a story unlike the souls series that just has vague dialogue and pointless cuteness

oh and don´t forget le "dude you gotta read the item descriptions"

Consider killing yourself

see
this

Consider killing yourself and stop being so dedicated on defending awkward inclusionism and convenient half truths because it involves 'cute' women.

>no Date Masamune

I want to be a qt fairy spirit (male)

Both DeS and DaS1 have very straightforward stories that are basically laid out for you, in them item descriptions just offer more insight on certain characters or locations.

Have you never played a Koei or Tecmo game before?

I've never seen that animation before since I kept forgetting to check it whenever I had nothing to lose. Neat, he really went for it.