How's that blah blah blah

How's that blah blah blah

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZXWaAA-YkXg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its OK.

Not good, the code is a mess and I'll probably have to re-write it from scratch.

sounds like my fucking life

It's blah blah blah blah blah

Just learn from your mistakes.

Bump

>tfw have great idea but no motivation to actually code and create art for the project

If you're working on a "megaman inspired" or just a platformer in general pls quit being an unoriginal fag

same, shit is hard desu

trying to learn to make reasonable looking scenes

a lot harder then i expected

>Unity haven't exposed enough of the PhysX API so making your own custom controller/locomotion/character motor is a pain
>UE4 is "Oh, muh graphix" and "oh muh lego shaders" but that's it.

I guess I'll just engine dev.

>tfw great idea and plenty of motivation to actually code but can't draw for shit

Pain.

GOOD NIGHT

WHITE PRIDE

>great idea, can program, can do art, can do music, can write
>do a ton of work in the first week
>next few months is nothing but total procrastination
>every time I open up something to work on and push myself to do it I can only needle out about 15 minutes of work before I don't want to do anything at all anymore

How can I get past this shit? It killed my last project. If I had kept up work as much as I had when I first started I'd be done by now.

???

>stop messing about
>get serious
>get really good ideas
>about to start
>computer breaks
>cant open blender at all

thinking of making a police brutality game in yurop or north korea, but modeling people is hard desu.

Tests are taking over my time and I haven't been able to work on it lately.

Daily simulation greybeard bored at work.
Anyone have programming questions?
Or better yet a cute ant-farm game idea

A game where you farm cute ants.

Took a break from writing and learning programming to make an isometric cobblestone tile. What do you guys think about it? This is four tiles placed together. Does it look natural?

It looks good to me. Maybe make the dark lines just a tiny shade lighter, and speckle the floor with random pixels of slightly lighter and darker for texture.

I don't know the art theme to your project, but you'll want to make sure your floor doesn't stand out more than the things sitting on it.

Ingenious. It could never go wrong.

>Or better yet a cute ant-farm game idea
how about a game where you play as an ant and have to build the colony and fight spiders and shit and never win cause it's so hard

we can call it sim ant.

That's pretty fun an idea. I might mess around with it for a bit.
I work best with AI, but maybe a bit more of a solo adventure game about how nothing is fair for cute ants.

I realize now of course that although the term `ant-farm game` is common to me about AI simulations, all you guys probably think that I really fucking love ants or something.

is the game where you play as a maid finished?
it was a 2d action scrolled

Thanks for the input, user. I'll edit it a bit more with that in mind.

It's difficult
And I'm bored of it.
youtu.be/ZXWaAA-YkXg

Why is it that I never see people coming up with abstract game mechanics? It's all just weaker mechanics in order to simulate shit.

Thinking in the abstract is how you come up with the best game mechanics.

I'm not a game developer really (though I am interested in game design; I don't study it, though), but I'd assume it's because said abstract mechanics would be difficult for an amateur developer to create. Amateur devs tend to have fewer resources and less experience in game development, so probably are not able to push for anything unique or specific (and thus resort to recreating existing game mechanics, usually with some twist on it). At the risk of sounding like one of those "idea guys", I have an idea in mind for a somewhat abstract puzzle-platformer with an oddly specific abstract mechanic involved - but, as it stands, I don't really know shit about creating games...having just started looking into Unity with no prior experience at all really. If I don't kill myself soon then I may start posting progress within the year.

did you make this?

Still trying to steal animations for stolen models. It's not like I'm gonna sell it or anything. It's just more fun to make converters for game files than making my own 3d models for me.

I am going to make card game but I need a feedback
Which setting is the best one?

>Card colours are different types of magic(Like in MTG)
>Card colours are class(Like in Hearthstone)
>Card colours are armies(Like in Warhammer Invasion)

Also which system is the best

>Mana is increased by cards(like in MTG)
>Mana is increased per turn(like in Hearthstone)

>Making a game
>When you can just buy one

Patrickposting is the worst

>buying games

What if no one has made the game I want to play.

>(((buying))) (((games)))

i had a good 30-second proof-of-concept built on hacks and lies in may. all the time since then has been getting back to that point, minus the hacks and lies

i'm about 60% there? maybe? which is good, i guess. i'm getting concerningly close to the point where i can stop building the infrastructure for the game, and start making the Actual Game; but then there's a new issue in that i am completely incapable of making any art of any kind. i know a couple of guys who are good at that stuff, but convincing them to work 1. for me 2. for free isn't going to be easy

>tfw nobody can make a game I want to play and will never be able to
It hurts.

>this looks a lot like an idea I'd made some progress on

Except my idea was a small adventure game mostly about dialogue and puzzles thanks to my lack of art skills, and Douglas Adams-sci-fi Cthulhu instead of Noir.
Tell me more about your idea.

I want to make a minecraft clone. What should I use to make it? Will Unity work fine?

>Naked Gun Call of Cthulhu
That sounds amazing.

hang yourself kid

this sounds fucking terrible
when will the cthulu meme die

>Buying a game
>When you can just make one

Unity should be fine yeah

I'm serious. I have plans for features to set it apart.

It's not exactly my idea, but I saw this pic in some old "Dream Vidya" thread and realized that I love it.
I imagine it as an Arkham Horror, but with Frank Drebin as an investigator. With usual everyday cases as sidestories. Not sure if it would work as good without Leslie, though.

Well, you better get to work then. I'm interested.

Game Maker Studio 2 soon fellow devs.

Anyone got in the beta for this thing?

Give idea please, I'm the opposite

Destroy all distractions. Bore yourself, with only work to keep you busy.

>tfw remade a whole system of shit without testing and it just fucking werks

>a post ironic rpg

i know it's a reference to fallout but kids will think you're a fag

Me too. A lot of it is just redundant and not modular because I've gotten much better at programming since I started.

I don't know if I'm ready to commit to starting all over again.

seems like you blew your load on the first week, user. You might have to force yourself to do work on a consistent basis, even if it's only 15 minutes each time.

If you want to keep the flames alive, I think that takes diligence of consistently feeding it. What I do is I ask myself "is this something I really want to do, whether I 'feel' like it or not?" And then I do what I can, no matter how much I get done.

Friendly reminder that if you don't write your game in pure C with OpenGL, you don't know SHIT about game development.

Who the fuck would do that?

It's ok. It could use a little bit more detail. It looks more like stenciled cement.

What does it look like tiled?

>Not writing your own language and compiler with OpenGL bindings from scratch in assembly.
pleb

>not writing your entire game from scratch in binary machine code
I guess you're just lazy and like having people do the work for you huh?

Someone who enjoys programming more than making games.

>doesn't manually feed the electrical inputs to produce the binary
And you call yourself a programmer?

>hasn't programmed a robot to feed the inputs for him.

How can you call yourself a programmer if you're actually doing work?

My game is still only 45% done, but I'm releasing an expansion and some other DLC.

>programming a robot to produce electrical inputs to program a game

>not writing your entire robot from scratch in binary machine code

> Have a vague concept for how I want an RPG to work
> Can't decide how I want to set up character stats

XML files

I didn't mean like that. I meant how many attributes, what each determines, so on and so forth.

struct stats {
unsigned lvl;
unsigned xp

Oh you.

If you use any number higher than 100 except for HP, you are a faggot.

Can't we give this thread and successive threads a subject name so it's easier to find in the board search?

Well duh.

Go to /vg/, it's where faggots like you belong.

How about you just learn to use the catalog nigga?

Try /agdg/ on /vg/.

I don't even know why we have these threads on Sup Forums anymore when there's already /agdg/.

Looks interesting, tell us about it

Cause /agdg/ is a shitty circlejerk who only want to talk about their jams and e-celebs

As oppose to Sup Forums's constant shit flinging?

Got keys working.

whats the difference between god rays and volumetric lighting ?

doing weekly meetings to discuss story and setting with my friend.
main engine halted because its the most boring thing to do.
started modeling the main character, but i couldn't resist giving it wide hips and an ass so that model is now a female npc.

Who do you think makes this thread over and over on regular Sup Forums?

cool

Its actually more making fun of YIIK's "A Post-Modern RPG" but it can be taken either way.

Just use MS paint to make super shitty versions of what you want, if the gameplays good enough you can play it off as an ironic style choice.

>had a clear game idea and direction since 2013
>browsed Sup Forums the whole time instead of making it
>at this point my ideas are no longer original
fucking kill me

What was the idea?

How do i market this meme trump game before the election?

Send a copy to a popular lets player and put it on early access.

I want to make a low-poly 3D game.

What engine do I use? I got GameMaker from that bundle, I know GameMaker is notoriously bad at 3D but could it be done?

sent :^)

>What engine do I use?

Unity.

Everyone I ask tells me Unity is trash though.

They are trash. It's as good as you want it to be.