Is it shit?

Is it shit?

It's okay, but very short, and probably not worth the price until a sale.

It's great, but not flawless

Anyway, its a bit too short to warrant the price imo, i'd just put it on the backlog until maybe a sale comes around

I bought it, but I've neen procrastinating hard. I think I may want to respec again, but I have no more tries unless I go to NG++. Dark Spuls 3 isn't good enough to replay a third time and I really struggled to play most of it a second time.

Yes it's shit

Too short for the price they ask for

It's good, but short.
Very short.
Like not 15 dollars worth short.

Fucking From.

Alright I've started playing the DLC, and the first zone is pure cancer. Those fucking wolf packs, and the giant vikings with no poise and infinite combos are a chore to deal with. Is there some secret way to avoid wolves or is it just like this ?

It's getting better after though

well technically you can just run past fucking everything

If you run past everything and then complain it's too short then you're a retard.

Anyways, the DLC is pretty short if you're really overleveled for it, it was clearly meant to be for SL 60-70 with +6 weapons on NG. From dropped the ball though, they really should have mentioned it wouldn't be like an endgame area, or they should have made it as difficult as an endgame area, because most people won't tackle it in NG+ their first time through.

Same price and similar length to Artorias of the Abyss so its fine. Actually its probably got more to explore than AotA

Needed another boss relating to the rot, wasted opportunity, and the bosses we got arent even that cool in this DLC either.

IT's 60% recycled stuff. It's ok.

Somebody post the maria/friede webm.

I don't understand why people are complaining about From recycling things when they did it with literally every Souls game. That includes Demon's, it was just King's Field with a different paint job.

Yeah it pretty bad, but attest they didnt just copy an areas terrain completely like in DaS1

It was so shit it turned me off of DS3 entirely and now I'm replaying Bloodborne

Good
>music
>Friede
>grafix
>new weapons are fun
>level design is good, short critical path for quick replays

Bad
>too short
>too easy
>platforming sequences
>other boss is literally an NPC plus a monster that you've already fought
>huge packs of enemies
>enemies are either "zero poise" or "zero poise unless they randomly decide to have infinite poise"
>even more DaS1 pandering
>remember Sif? remember Artorias? remember Ariamis?
>improved CCS
>every enemy goes REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when it dies

If there weren't as many huge packs of enemies that aren't fun to fight a second time, people wouldn't be inclined to try running past them.

I never had trouble with huge packs of enemies. Only the wolf packs come in groups larger than 3 if you're not rushing through the enemies. If you think 3 is a big number then I've got some bad news for you.

Not the same guy but I actually prefer large groups of enemies and found the beginning of the DLC to be pretty trash. Just wolves big guys and gay trees, it felt like they wanted to emulate the expansive lostness that das2 dlc area had without actually making a good area. All of which are tedious as fuck and annoying as well. I didnt mind the later parts in the township because the enemies werent so boring.

Either way I think its a mediocre DLC, worse levels than anyother besides maybe AotA, enemy placement is alright but downright terrible like das2 at some places, and the bosses just suck compared to every other DLC weve had. Only 2 and one iwas a wasted opportunity.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, I personally loved the DLC. It's on the same level as AotA for me.

3 ? Nigger the first time I attacked the first 2 wolves on the left side at the very beginning and before I knew they had howled to warn their buddies and then they was a non stop wave of wolves coming to me. Same shit when you go right to pick the item and get stuck between the wolves, the trees bomabring your ass and even the javelin soldiers if you have the bad idea to run pas the trees

I don't particularly care for the guardians, but the boss harassing you earlier in a level then running away until the final fight doesn't actually make it a non-unique enemy. He doesn't even heat up until the last fight.

So you just said what I said in a more idiotic way. The wolf packs are the only time you encounter more than 3 enemies at once, unless you decide to be an idiot and run through the area.

It's OK but it's too short and there is only 1 proper bossfight and 1 joke one

>LETS THROW RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF ENEMIES IN THIS AREA TO THE POINT THAT YOU HAVE TO RUN PAST EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY ALL SWARM YOU IF YOU TAKE IT SLOW
I'm tired of this meme. Why go through all the trouble of designing a level if you're just going to fill it with so many enemies that players can't enjoy it because they run past everything?

Bloodborne had this problem in a few areas also, like Yar'Ghul and fishing hamlet

Jesus I'm tired. Second time I misread a post in five minutes. Sorry

>Good level design

That shortcut to get from long-haired painter woman's room to the bonfire was amazing.

haha what? If you're careful and aren't a retard you should never run into that problem.

Except Yahargul is designed around this and there is a way to prevent the ennemies from respawning, and you really have to run past ennemies once at the very beginning. You can't do this shit with wolves

It blends pretty well with the blandness of the base game.

Fucking this, why ?

Let's review this DLC piece by piece.

The starting area of the dlc is a very small little hunk of snow, theres nearly nothing to do here. Theres a hill covered with followers, and I think one item on top. You're supposed to see an item on a snowy thing in the distance and have it break underneath you.

I'm giving this starting compartment an F, we could have literally started in the area we get trapped in instead. After you first explore this little area, you will never EVER want to come back here.

Next, we have the area under the fall-away floor we get trapped in. It's a snowly block of nothing, this time with a lot of trees. Theres actually three paths you can take here, so points for making it somewhat nonlinear, but theres nothing here worth looking at. Theres like 5 wolves that each summon 5 wolves if you get to close, and one big wolf that summons another five wolves on top of that. If you make the mistake of fighting the big wolf without triggering the other wolves first, enjoy fighting 50 wolves at the same time. Once the big wolf is dead, you'll probably start walking past this area, since the wolves make can be annoying depending on what your weapon is, not kill you annoying but walking past them is so much easier.

I'm giving this second area a C. Initially it's somewhat interesting, but you'll explore this small area once ever, then run past it every time after.

1/?

I agree with all of this except that the DLC was easy if we're counting the Friede fight.

If you're playing it solo, and haven't beaten the base game, that was one of the harder fights in the game. Just under Nameless King and around Pontiff difficulty.

First time through was hard but then again, I was under leveled.

Second time through I ran past everything, picked up all the weapons and got to the final boss in about 20 minutes.

>Yahargul
>kill all Chime Maiden
>enemies stop respawning
wew

They stop when you kill them yes

Theres two ways you can go, but next we're going to Viking tower area, you get here by following the path with the giant wolf in the last path. This area is visually interesting, there's some patrols of giant Vikings walking around and far forward theres a big old tower with a viking archer in it who has glowing red eyes. The arrows are new arrows that explode with a force attack after they hit something, so that's pretty cool. Theres also a bunch of rubble to hide from the arrows. The patrols arn't guarding anything interesting, so after you clear them out the first time you'll never really want to them again. Also, the arrow archer has a pretty short range in reality, so you won't need the rubble till you're basically right outside the tower, and at that point you can probably just run in. The tower has a ton of items, so you'll probably actually want to run through here just to pick them up, the glowing eyed archer doesn't drop shit, and also he respawns. What a waste. On your way out theres another fall away floor, with a giant wolf that doesn't spawn till you're basically right on top of it, he won't follow you down so... I guess that's dumb.

I'm giving this area a B-, its interesting theres, a bunch of items, and it has a very detailed horizontal and vertical space to explore, you'll probably stop here every run to pick up all the items.

Next we come to an area with our second bonfire, and a bridge leading to a church with our third bonfire, and a side path leading to a frozen river. The church is incredibly poorly designed, and the npcs just tell you to go away. You can break the bridge to go towards the dlc's optional boss.

This area gets an F-, this area is such a waste that you'll probably start skipping the second bonfire.

2/?

So where the problem?

There is no problem except for those fucking wolves

they are fine mate just kill them fast or kite.

Going down the bridge leads to a little platforming section where guys are shooting arrows at you. It's super shitty and boring, thankfully you'll only need to do it once because theres our fourth bonfire on the bottom of the platforming vines. This area also has a giant ice lake with two crabs, this time the two crabs are blue. So, that's nice. We also have our optional boss here. The optional boss is the Rat king from Darksouls 2, except without the curse buildup, and one of the dogs has been replaced by a npc player-type character who isn't wearing any pants. He drops a worthless weapon designed for players who want to get stamina broken as much as possible even when they arn't blocking.

This is by far the worst area in the DLC, theres a platforming section that sucks, a frozen block of land with nothing on it but crabs that you'll never look at again, and the boss, which is literally the boss everyone most hated from darksouls 2. Oh well maybe the next boss will be better!

But first we're back at the second bonfire, and we're taking the not bridge path, leading to a small frozen lake, the lake leads to a small town with a bonfire in it, theres a lot to look at in this little town, but it's very small and almost all the doors are locked, requiring you to get up on the roofs, then fall down into them, then go all the way around again to fall into the next house. You'll probably follow that path of "go up onto the roofs, unlock house, walk all the way around again up onto the roofs" like 6-7 times, and it gets pretty old. Theres a muh lore section here where all the pigeon fags get scared by a crow fag.

giving this area a B- while initially interesting, you're going to get bored of this area quickly, the houses have nothing notable, so you'll skip them in subsequent playthroughs.

3/?

Following the path up the roofs to the end will drop you into a little church area with some optional items guarded by crow fags, and a shortcut back to the town bonfire, inside the church is the npc who told you talk to the npc who told you to go away from the other church earlier. His gimmick is that he has a greatsword that buffs to do moderate-low damage, and having npc phantom teir hp, since fromsoft can't make phantoms hard without just giving them 500 vigor. You can kill him easily, or if fighting npc phantoms a trillion hp annoys you you can lead him outside and kick him off a cliff. GG

This area forces you to fight the npc so you'll always have to fight him, but hes uninteresting. He gives you a cool looking sword though so you can't complain too much. I'll give it a C

You meet another npc and the sixth bonfire once you kill that npc, the area outside is another giant block of snow this time with a lot of hills, and even more followers from the first area. Theres a small lake with a hidden axe and a bunch of vikings, this area kinda blows it leads you to an area with a bunch of flies that have the bleed maggots, and this time the maggots also do a toxic-esque dot. Bring a torch in your offhand. This area has a secret wall that leads to the Priscilla boss area from darksouls 1, theres a npc invasion there. It also leads back to the church from earlier.

F for this area, boring secrets you'll only care about on specific characters in a shitty area whose gimmick is "A lot of enemies are here" yet again. This is the final area so lets talk about the final boss!

The final boss has three phases. The first phase is maria before she starts using blood magic, the second phase is big and small, and the third phase is maria after she starts using her blood magic.

This boss is a combo of two of the fan-favorite boss fights from ds1 and bb, so it's hard to dislike it. It's enjoyable, but theres the unmistakable feeling that you've done this before.
4/?

They used to be able to make enemy NPCs hard without the shit ton of HP trick. The NPC hunters in Bloodborne were some of the hardest enemies in the game, even if the Bloody Crow also had that too much HP issue

>mfw I am at the final area

Jesus that's way too short. Granted I missed the optional boss and I'll go back for him but still...

That's it, that's the whole dlc. If you're really slow exploring, and kill every enemy and grab every item, I could see this DLC taking 2-3 hours to completely finish for a first time player.

On your second play through just killing every enemy and grabbing the items you want, it'll be over in an hour.

If you just want to kill the two bosses, and grab one specific item? You can probably knock this out in 30-45 mintues.

I'm sure the speedrun strat will end up being 5-10 minutes max.

As for content, theres two new weapons I'd consider A tier, and one new S tier weapon. Expect to see them A LOT. Theres not much else worth looking at though, and theres only like 10 items max.

Theres three or four new enemies. Followers enemy types, which are just hollow warrirors with new weapons, Viking bros with 4 unique weapons, flies, and trees. No i'm not counting the wolves, they are just reskinned dogs with a howl.

And that's it, I've run out of things to talk about.

7 new "distinct" areas to explore, 6 of which you'll run past on all playthroughs besides your first.

The tower area with three vikings is the BEST part of this DLC, and it's a major letdown after you realize it's not nearly as interesting as it appears.

I guess in all, I'd give the DLC a C-

Also lmao, remember people asked for this duel mode.

it was good, better than the dark souls 2 dlcs. I went into it expecting to be disappointed, influenced by all the garbage opinions floating around so it was a pleasant surprise.

>better than the darksouls 2 dlc

Even if you hate darksouls 2, it's DLC was near perfect.

I'm still waiting for decent DLC before I reinstall it

>dark souls 2 dlc
>near perfect
>all enemies are undead in red blue green
wew perfect

It's good. Only wish it had 1 more boss.

>too easy
Is it? Or have you just gotten accustomed to the game mechanics to the point where nothing short of a deliberately unfair challenge will satisfy you?

>being a retard and running through areas
I took it slow and pulled/isolated as many enemies as I could, and I was only level 40 or so with a +0 Hollowslayer

no it wasn't, most of the boss fights were hot garbage. There was not a single good boss fight in crown of the sunken king. and the Ivory king was a bunch off shitty annoying boss fights with a fetch quest tied to one of them. Only the old iron king I would say is better than ashes of ariandel, and considering each episode was $9.99 when they came out, this was better than the sunken and ivory king combined.
Lady Friede is the saving grace of the dlc, it's a great boss fight and one of the best in the series. It just suffers from the same thing as rest of ds3, a boring ass OST.

I think about that question a lot. Especially in bloodborne. Only 70% of players ever beat father gascoigne but 93% of people who own the dlc beat kos.

So if you're the kind of player who sticks around to buy the dlc you're probably just better than a normal player to an absurd degree.

Man fuck those NPC hunters. Literally input reading faggots with infinite ammo. One of the only legit artificial difficulty things in the game imo

I disagree with you.

I think the quality of your disagreement is shit

Skyrim is better in every aspect

Not an argument tbqh

Serious souls player here:

played every game, multiple times, multiple playthroughs. It is a very robust game as far as content, level design and weapons. if you like dark souls 1 or 2 you will enjoy this game.

>Serious souls player here
>doesn't explain why it is good

How comes I didnt?
I played ds1 for over 1k hours and so did i ds2. I could force myself to play ds3 for more than 100 h/2 plathroughs. Why, I ask you, why?
No im not burned out in fact i keep searching games every single day and I cant find anything.

>Is it shit?
No
>Is it disappointing?
Yes

>HURR DURR

I thought you said you were serious

I think you accidentally put greentext on your hurr durr

kek i fucking love this shit. I know it annoys everyone but i find it hilarious