Remember when you still had fun Sup Forums?

Remember when you still had fun Sup Forums?

I still have fun.

Yes, it was earlier today. Can't wait to get done with work so I can have some more.

I'm such a disillusioned 20-something yo XD
The internet has desensitized me lmao nothing fazes me anymore, I'm so dead inside :DD Remember the 90s? Shit was SO gold :p

Epic

Hello mobatards

Yeah, it was 3 days ago. My memory isn't that bad.

I still have fun playing games that aren't shit.

Obviously it was easier to have fun with fiction when you were younger and had less experience with games. Now a lot of it comes off as horribly generic and gives you a bad case of "been there, done that". Who still gives a shit about Generic FPS or Generic Tolkien Fantasy WRPG?

Yeah it was before beth made this turd

Well, yea. Dying on the inside is part of growing up.

>Generic FPS or Generic Tolkien Fantasy WRPG?
Or Generic Nip Pedophilia Simulator.

Thanks for letting me know you're an Xbot or whatever. The average JRPG doesn't seem much more interesting to me than the average WRPG, but I'm personally so fucking done with the stupid medieval Europe fantasy settings that EVERY FUCKING WRPG has holy shit.

>the light inside is gone.jpg

>Play Morrowind
>Huge wall of text about the different kinds of necromancy
>About how in the imperal city necromancy is a respected school of magic and necromancy shops have pieces on display you can buy for your creations
>About how Dark Elves hate necromancers yet everyone one of their ancient burial grounds uses necormancy to defend it

>Play Oblivion
>MANIMARCO IS DA BADS BEGUDZ HE USET NECROMANCY AND NECRMANCY IS DA BADS

I remember the fun of bashing one of the dullest franchises in the history of game franchises. Seriously each episode following the "chosen one" protagonist and his pals from the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood/Fighters Guild as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the fantasy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of awful combat, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Todd Howard vetoed the idea of developing with the PC only in mind; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for weak consoles, which is why every "town" is 3 huts and a forge. The Elder Scrolls series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Witcher series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least Morrowind was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the factions were terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I walked by a guard, he would make that same shitty joke. You know which one.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Bethesda's writers are so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Oblivion by the same Jim Sterling. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Oblivion at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Dragon Age." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play Elder Scrolls you are, in fact, trained to play Dragon Age.

I still do. Oblivion is fun.

The difference is that all that shit are stored in books instead of information brokers spread out around the cities, standing still, never moving, waiting for the next time they can repeat the same information the guy 20 meters away said.

What are some settings where necromancy is mundane? Like a low tier lawyer or police investigator, who has to do tedious and slow rituals to communicate with dead people to ask them questions and write down their will and such?
I want a necromancer who has the depressed clerk having to deal with bureaucracy daily outlook on life.

Oblivion was ok, but at least it was better than skyrim

Games

>this again
>same picture

Then you don't want true necromancy where you wretch souls of the damned into doing your bidding. You want consensual necromancy. You want to be a Spirit Detective.

yea in skyrim about 20 mins ago before I CTD :(

>The writing is dreadful

You lost me there. the Dunmer have some of the best lore out of any fantasy race across the entire genre.

I remember having fun alright, but not in Oblivion.
Skrim might be a boring peice of shit that's really only redeemed by it's modding community, but I still had more fun with it then I did Oblivion.

I want a customer knocking on the door and saying he wants me to ask his dead grandfather where the keys to the basement are, and gives me a toe (in this setting, everyone saves part of their dead relatives, and there is even a black market for such thing).
You can even have the state collecting a finger off prisoners so they have to pay debts to get it back, else they will be recalled and tortured forever.
A lot of possibilities for "practical" necromancy, as part of a healthy economy or tyranny. It doesn't need to be hurrr i raise skeleton durrr.

Go away idea guy

Games were a thousand billion times better back in the days.
Im now a 22 year old kid, I have a lot more free time and money but I hate 99% of the newly released games.
Post 2005 games went into trashcan tier. I can say that because I am an independent video game consumer and felt the progression going downwards firsthand..

I've been playing oblivion at level 1, it instantly made it rival morrowind in gameplay

>Bethesda garbage
>Fun

Your bait isn't even (You) worthy.

there is nothing even remotely as comfy as doing some quests in the Cyrodiil countryside and finding a nice inn to rest in. And you just know the inn is gonna have some bitchin quests as well

I still do.

I remember wanting to play games. Now all I ever feel like doing is watching tv or browsing Sup Forums

>replying to pasta

>If these kids are playing Oblivion at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Dragon Age
They then move on to Witcher.