I bet you fuckers can't even name 7 (VII) REAL RPGs

I bet you fuckers can't even name 7 (VII) REAL RPGs.

>***real*** RPGs

Fuck off codex.

I bet OP is a faggot.

how is arcanum an rpg

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII

:^)

Are you under the impression that your picture has something to do with Troika's Arcanum, you laughable idiot?

Of cource not. I pick it because women

>jRPGs
>real RPGs

>JRPGs
>Imaginary rpgs

>videogames
>real RPGs

Yes, correct.

yes they are real RPGs
the term you're looking for, though, is cRPG

Wizardry 8
Fallout
Gothic II
Baldur's Gate 2
Might and Magic VI
Neverwinter Nights 2
Arx Fatalis

How'd I do?

>Arx Fatalis
Muh nigga, but it isn't rpg

Here I'll just name all the RPGs I own on GOG

Might and Magic 9
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Temple of Elemental Evil
Baldur's gate 1
Baldurs Gate 2
Icewind Dale 1
Icewind Dale 2
Genoforge 1 -5
NeverWinter Nights 2
Quest for Glory 1-5
Lands of Lore 1 and 2
Planescape
Wizardy 6-8
Ultima 4

But it is

Underage panty quest to Underage panty quest VII.

Final Fantasy VII
Ultima VII
Might and Magic VII
Dragon Quest VII
Ys VII

uhh.. fuck..

Jackie Chan VII?

Dungeons & Dragons
Chainmail
Vampire
Champions
Traveller
Call of Cthulu
Chivalry & Sorcery

>Final Fantasy VII
Stoped reading here

I like old rpgs like the next user, but something is off about arcanum, I dropped it halfway.

>GURPS
>Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
>Warhammer 40k RPGs
>Shadowrun
>Paranoia
>Eclipse Phase
>D&D

>Its not a real RPG unless the game has shitty combat!

the gameplay is dogshit

Name one RPG with good combat

any DnD based RPG

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Icewind Dale

How rpgs can be real when my gf isn't?

But then jrpgs would count.

absolute dogshit combat

cos ff7 is shit

Anachronox
Neverwinter Nights saga
Baldurs Gate saga
Morrowind
Arcanum
Fallout 1 & 2
KOTOR 1 & 2
Gothic 1&2
Vampire tM redemption (great multi) % Bloodlines
Migh & Magic 6, 8
Ultima games
Ultima Underground
Ars Fatalix
Planetscape Torment

These are the ones I remember I have played, but there is much more that I can't remember right now, I have a shit memory.

You fucking what? They all get it wrong. Horribly wrong. Closest to not fucking up was Temple of Elemental Evil and even then it fucked up, for example only enemies could grapple you, never the other way around.

>Have to prepare spellls

Literally the worst possible magic system in human history. Even fucking cool downs are better than this shit

Then play a fucking warlock you twat

Their queste were creative and you should use your brains to solve it instead of read textwall and go where your journal/GPS

It's not like a RPG

Undertale has better choice and consequence than Arcanum

Irrelevant. You still have a finite number of spell casts. Which means you have to know the full layout of the dungeon before going inside otherwise you end up blowing your load too early and become useless or you hold off so long that you end not use spells at all.

Its just a poorly designed system

They are fucking videogames, not pen&paper. They need to adapt it to be playable and to the current technology.

>neo Sup Forums thinks a came is only a TRUE RPG if it has dialogue options
>They actually count games like Alpha Protocal and Witcher as RPGs

arcanum
age of decadence
underrail
VTMB
morrowind
mask of the betrayer
fallout 1 or 2

is that elitist enough?

They need to stop being retarded. It's a series of codified fucking rules. If you can't impliment existing rules in your video game you need to fuck right off and stop being retarded and paying for license things you can't properly use the license for and represent accurately. Nobody is asking for on-the-fly houserules. Nobody is asking for super open-ended divination spells. Just fucking simple options. Hell, how many games even fucking DO turn based with the D&D license? Simple rules deemed important enough to be in the core rulebook as opposed to some splatbook should be fucking implimented in your games. There's no reason to not.

>comparing 4 hour game to >50 hour game

You need to name at least one game that no one knows to be elitist

Lionheart: tale of a crusader.

Skyrim 1
Skyrim 2
Skyrim online
Skyrim arena
Skyrim dagger fall
Skyrim oblivion
That was easy.

>no one knows
Only kids can't know all of the games called in this thread.

>limited resources is bad game design

Might be time to kys.

>the 4 hour game turned out to be more successful and popular than the 50 hour one

I really wish we could have an RPG without having to resort to D&D shit. I swear to god thats a formula to make your game sell like shit

The only other games that somewhat succeeded despite resorting to the same old is DA:O and New Vegas

xD

>It was present in muh dadrpgs so it must be good

The only reason DA:O didn't use D&D is because Bioware didn't want to pay the associated licensing fees.

This always puzzled me. What is it that jRPGs do differently from other action games that made them so deserving of the label RPG?
It makes sense in western rpgs cause you actually define the pc by making decisions that are your own through dialogue and shit, so you truly are role playing and not just playing a preset character that you can not influence whatsoever.

>Ultimate Doom has limited ammo
>I cannot run through the entire game holding down M1 and spraying bullets like a retard, therefore it is a bad game

>no video game will ever recreate the experience of playing Everyone Is John
Why even bother?

Gooks labeled them RPGs so normalfags don't feel like they're playing a shitty, dumbed down version of a genre. That is the only role playing going on here.

Fallout 4 Season Pass
Planetscape Tournament
Baldur's Gate HD
Icewind Dale
Icewind Hank
Icewind Bill
Icewind Boomhauer

>forgetting the Icewind Kahn Souphanousinphone Jr. expansion

It's because RPGs in gaming means games like dragon quest that lifted rpg MECHANICS into games. RPG in gaming has absolutely nothing to do with roleplaying despite the name, if you look at early RPGs they lifted RPG battle mechanics from tabletop RPGs (HP, classes, levels and experience, stat based).

It is a modern misinterpretation that dialogue choices, focus on story or whatever makes a game an RPG. It doesn't, at all. If you look at early RPGs, you'll see first person dungeon crawlers, stuff like FF1/DQ which are very light on story with no real player interaction and similar.

This misunderstanding is why we've ended up in a situation where fucking everything is an RPG. Deus Ex somehow isn't an FPS, it's an RPG because it has an extremely basic skill point system and dialogue choices. Why not just call CoD an RPG, it has classes and perks!

Does anyone else feels like RPGs are the LEAST engaging games ever?

Also this

>dragon quest that lifted rpg MECHANICS into games
Dragon Quest was the first 'rpg' that started removing mechanics in favor of accessibility. It was the beginning of the end. What a pigshit disgusting franchise.

>that pose and hair

Jojo reference?

>removing mechanics that don't translate well from tabletop to video game and makes the games a chore to play
>a bad thing
>actually wanting to play single player DnD
JRPGs were simply the first ones to have the common sense to realize that tabletop should be left to the tabletop

thankfully they didn't
basing an rpg on D&D automatically ensures the combat and mechanics are shit

>Pleb: The opinion

and did so by introducing mechanics that are blatantly worse than tabletop games

nice going

JRPG's introduced the concept of padding gamelength with grinding, the single greatest crime in the entire rpg genre both tabletop and electronic

The developers of Dragon Quest openly stated everything they did was to reach potential customers that didn't give a shit about RPGs. They intentionally made the game shallower to appeal to retards like you.

>Does anyone else feels like RPGs are the LEAST engaging games ever?
Go play Wizardry 8 on Expert difficulty.

Good, nobody except a handful of autists actually takes pleasure of slogging through bogged gameplay made to accomodate for tons of DnD bullshit without the fun of actually being at a table playing it with other people.

indeed
now they get to slog through even more simplistic, less engaging gameplay twice as long

He is right though

Tabletop mechanics don't translate that well into games, that's why RPGs don't usually do well

I can't speak for JRPG games because they usually suck, but take a look at games like Fallout, especially New Vegas

>situation/quest comes up
>got 50 speech? you can bypass a fighting section or get it done quick
>got 50 repair? well, you don't need to collect those extra parts from the Vault, you are good enough to collect it with your own hands
>got 50 medicine? well, you can use less stimpaks and can also make some good drugs that will make up for the lack of stats for combat

Nothing but the critical hits (which is based on a skill called Luck) is a dice roll. That's why i fucking love New Vegas, its not D&D bullshit yet it manages to be an excellent RPG (and game, if you mod it)

All of the Baldur's Gate spinoffs, Fallout 1-2, Planescape, Shadowrun, Wasteland and Ultima.

I gave no opinion about DQ and what your reply doesn't address the point of my post at all

It's quite ironic you're the one calling people retards here

Still 10x more fun and engaging to play than Pen&Paper: No Friends edition. As evidenced by the fact that jRPGs sell millions and cRGPs had to dumb themselves down beyond recognition to get anyone to care about them except for some autists who think themselves too smart for anything that doesn't involve navigating metric tons of unnecessarily complex mechanics.

Skyrim's more complex and difficult than any FF game and sold more copies

your move

Skyrim isn't rpg

nah tabletop mechanics do suck
however jrpg's actually KEEP the diceroll mechanics for some ungodly reason, but reduce complexity in all other areas

No it is not, what are you talking about. FF is as casual as jRPGs come and even then your statement is wrong.

its more of an rpg than any of the FF or Dragonquest games, and those are the only jrpg's that sell

CRPG thread? Hmmm.

The ones I played:

BG1+2
PS:T
Icewind 1+2

FF is a series so easy losing is more difficult than winning
and its the best and most iconic jrpg

fun genre

Maybe it is more rpg than jrpg but this isn't rpg sensu stricto

>what your reply doesn't address the point of my post at all
Sure I did. JRPGs are literally designed for people who don't like RPGs or any type of video games for that matter. It's target audience is the lowest common denominator, people too stupid to engage in anything with depth, as admitted by the devs themselves. There is not a single JRPG that is not just a dumbed down version of a WRPG. It's all mediocre garbage for people lacking the intelligence or drive to experience anything beyond the surface level of what's available to them.

so jrpg's aren't rpg's and in fact japan has sold 0 rpg's the past few decades
this means that all the niche western crpg's are still better at selling rpg's than japan

>Icewind
>cRPG
Nigga...

Well thanks for the info, more reason to not play them, i just don't like how incredibly fanservicy they have gotten in recent years plus they have a generic plot most of the time.

Tabletop/Pen&Paper shit needs to get away from games, honestly they should stay where they belong. They are only fun to play when you have a group of friends. There is a reason why AAA developers just don't bother with those anymore

As long as people think that RPG = D&D Mechanics, they will allways be under the radar. Oh and lets jam in Bauldr's Gate combat into those too because that is the holy grail of gameplay apparently

Przed wyruszeniem w drogę należy zebrać drużynę

jrpg's are a genre of games that removed everything remotely similar to D&D from their games except for the mechanics

then try to pretend like the only thing that makes a game an rpg is the mechanics

>There is a reason why AAA developers just don't bother with those anymore
Yes, modern AAA developers certainly set the golden standard for video games.

Board purge when?

Jrpgs are the most unintellectual, mentally ofensinve games there is. The free thinking man will never touch them.

And why is this bad? Because they like something you don't? Who are you to judge?

AAA devs don't set the standards, people do. That's why games like Overwatch, CS:GO and other sell. That's what the general public wants

Even in the golden moments of RPGs, they didn't do as well as big AAA titles do today

>people do
Name one thing that inclusion didn't ruin. Not even limiting this to video games. The second something tries to appeal to as many people as possible it becomes literal shit.

>The second something tries to appeal to as many people as possible it becomes literal shit.

Do i have to remind you that gaming is a business and that you are just a customer?

They want more sales and they will dumb down things to appeal to a broader audience, it has been that way since the fucking begginings of gaming

Games don't become shit because they appeal to a broader audience, if they do, then they just made a shitty game. I don't know about you but i cannot think of a single game that became shit because it tried to appeal to newcomers, i can just think of games that became shit because of bad design choices in sequels

Let's talk about tyranny, will it flop?

Borderlands 2
Fallout 4
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mass Effect
Team Fortress 2
Pokemon Pearl
Dishonored

you can like... not use the spells till some shit is really strong user... do you even vidya ?

Nigger you wouldn't last 5 minutes playing Xenogears.

Personally I play JRPGs because they have fun stories, characters and stellar music. Gameplay pretty much comes second.

>Personally I play JRPGs because they have fun stories, characters and stellar music
You could watch anime instead

Or read a book instead, who cares about video games anyway?