Yfw there hasn't been any good horror games since the release of Silent Hill 3

>Yfw there hasn't been any good horror games since the release of Silent Hill 3

Pull the plug of that genre already, it can't get any better. It has only gone worse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QwZirD1x5FM
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=JB0-MFSjKv0
youtube.com/watch?v=lFh6Ip5v6xM
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alien isolation was pretty good

i thought lone survivor was pretty good. also condemned 2.

4 was pretty good.

There's been dozens of good horror games released since that fan pandering trash came out.

Silent Hill 2 ruined the genre.It was so good that 80% of horror games try to mimic it, failing on just about every fucking point.

Seriously how many horror games now have some twist at the end of the game where "you're the bad guy lol", "it's all in your head" etc.

>Seriously how many horror games now have some twist at the end of the game where "you're the bad guy lol", "it's all in your head" etc.

Very few.

I suspect you don't actually play many horror games.

Shattered Memories was a good game and Sam Barlow did nothing wrong. He tried to emulate the classics and Origins, and added retarded lore. When people hated him messing with the established canon, he actually took the criticism and made a game that was an interesting, strict "reimagining" unlike Tom Huelett who just says "I'm the biggest silent hill fan in the world if you disagree with my retarded decisions you are a fucking retard"

>Very few.

Never try playing any Indie "horror" games then

Not him but Cry of Fear and Downpour/Shattered Memories did off the top of my head.

I wouldn't anyway.

I've learned a very important lesson over the years, never watch a horror movie or play a horror game that was made by a horror fan. Horror fans are the single most uncreative hacks in the world.

hey, in shattered memories it was all in cheryls head, thats an important difference

They still "reimagined" the most heavily cult-based SH game into a purely psychological piece. Not that I think it was a bad thing but it supports SH2 undermining 1 and 3 in a way.

I'm a huge SH fan, and I considered SH4 to be a good game.

I also greatly enjoyed Penumbra -games, Condemned, AoM:DC and CoF HL1 mods, and Underhell.

4 and P.T. were good

Can we have a Heather thread now plz

>silent hills got cancelled
>for no reason they zapped P.T out of existence
there was a game here, it's gone now
but I still have it

wheres that guy that posts how to get silent hill running on pc when you need him?
just end my suffering famalam

> Pretty good

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT.

SO....
I would be wiling to actually pay for the SH3 OST on itunes but it is only available in America not in the UK... Then they get mad at us when we just steal it? Am i being retarded? (Proply yes) is there another way to get it that doesn not involve shitty malware?

Amnesia
Resident Evil 7
Metro Last Light

Lone Survivor had a nice OST that really wouldn't sound out of place in a new SH. Opening guitar riffs especially so.
youtube.com/watch?v=QwZirD1x5FM

Some classic game OSTs are unreasonably hard to get. Always nice to own a legit version but I wouldn't be worried about getting an illegal version.

>wheres that guy that posts how to get silent hill running on pc when you need him?
Right here, broski:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.

You could also try the new PGXP emulator, that adds Perspective Correction to PS1 textures.

there he is
based god
thank you famalam

>Resident Evil 7
I don't actually know what to think of this game. It feels like Capcom are trying to get the youtuber "Walking Sim" crowd, but now are panicking going "no guys! It's still RE we swear!".

When they update the demo, it better have regular fucking enemies in it.

>Metro Last Light
I'd love another Metro game. A bit more on the 2033 side however.

The problem with horror themed games is that nowaday survival horror games like silent hill are replaced by simple horror games like Amnesia. Those new horror games lack gameplay and are just bad hide and seek games. It's just boring.

>Resident Evil 7
Still up in the air. Capcom can still fuck this up.
In case anons missed it, here are the two newest short teaser things (7 and 8)
youtube.com/watch?v=JB0-MFSjKv0
youtube.com/watch?v=lFh6Ip5v6xM

Literally came here to post this.

>implying

>RE7

have you seen the volume trailers? it seems like theyre trying hard to convince long time fans theyre adding all those little things to make it more and more like classic RE

theres 2 more to go, im guessing they might show something like looking at a map

i mean come on, a small trailer showing that you can rotate items and press X to interact with specific parts of them? a trailer that shows a classic save system? item box trailer? i hope it all comes together in the end

Evil Within was good. SOMA also.

But its so stupid. In america you could just downloaded it now, but because i live in the UK i can see your store but i am forbidden from downloading it...

>when you crop an image and it gets reposted often

>Evil Within was good
It really fucking wasn't.

this game isnt horror at all though

I agree.
Horror games are better when the player has some means of self defense.
When your entire gameplay loop is based around running from the enemy the demands on the player are far less. Usually the player only has a single resource to juggle, and that is health. All the horror just comes from how the enemies look, rather than any actual gameplay implications. At a certain point you might as well be playing FPS pac-man.
You'll notice that most of the games popular in this genre generally have something more going for them, rather than just spooky enemies. Amnesia and SOMA both genuinely had an unsettling plot, and Outlast just has a really gory consistent aesthetic and some nice creepy shots/surprises.

Once the player can defend themselves, it's a whole different ball-game. These games usually don't feature any sort of regenerating health and give the player a number of resources to manage. Enemies have purpose, and present the player with decisions. Do I run and risk health loss, especially if I ever have to run back through this area, or spend these last 10 bullets? RE1 was killer with this concept, especially as a single location can have multiple routes through the mansion, a significant factor on deciding if a hallway of zombies is worth killing or not.

>digitalfags

Fucking this. More control/choice = more horror, seeing a giant horrible monstrosity and making a quick decision to fight or flight is 1000x scarier than saying "oh in this video game they are invincible so i need to run away until I'm out of its pathing range".

>have you seen the volume trailers?
Yeah I've just blasted through them all again now. Looking back on them, the inventory isn't looking too bad and there does seem to be a decent amount of ammo floating around (Not RE4+ levels obviously) which is nice.

>im guessing they might show something like looking at a map
This is a big worry, we've seen the objective list and the last thing I want to see is a map with a big "Go here!" waypoint on it, or just a straight line.

Does anyone think Resident Evil 2 Remake is going to be as fucking sweet as REmake was when it came out?

>Underhell

fucking underappreciated gem that shit is

chapter 2 when

That's really nice user.
I can appreciate having the physical OST of your favourite games.
I have MGS3 and Killer7 myself. Killer7 was a bitch to find.

>chapter 2 when
once they finish "porting" chapter 1 to Steam as a standalone title, and then continue the chapter 2 project.

tl;dr: not any time soon.

based team silent just include the OST with the game. This should be common practice.

Of course not. REmake was the masterpiece.

I'm pretty sure they will manage to screw Remake 2 up in some way.

Lone survivor was okay

We can only hope.

Silent hill 2 isn't even scary

True, it was a good game but it got worse with every chapter they used all of their imagination on the first few episodes

>no deep sea horror game exists
>soma and bioshock both had the perfect settings for it
>neither utilized it at all
that concept art of fucking incredible sea monster designs for Bioshock that was scrapped because "hurr you should feel bad for killing the splicers" hurts my soul

>no fatal frame
>no siren

I could never get into Fatal Frame, I just found it boring.

>those white edges

Everyone who thinks Evil Within wasn't a good game is a fraud and a hack

Mark me as fraud and a hack then, since the game was bad.

DEAD SPACE.

a monotonous 3rd person horror-shooter that wasn't scary to begin with.

Hahg.....

I may just have to buy it... Got a framed poster so far and the game itself physical... I want pic related but £200 is steeep, and it looks as though the final quality is not as good.

Cmon son i tried. 61 x 91.5 is pretty big, its hard to get an image to blow up that size. Maybe a diffirent frame would help.....

just making the edges black would make it look way better

Alien Isolation
Silent Hill 4
Resident Evil: Revelations
Rule of Rose
Haunting Grounds
Fatal Frame 3

SH4 doesn't stand up to SH1-3.
Revelations 1 is garbage.
Rule of Rose is great, but it's not all that spooky.

Silent Hill 2 has nothing to do with it. It's been a cliche of the horror genre of fiction since Poe invented it.

In Silent Hill 2 James isn't even the baddy. It's ambiguous if he even did personally murder Mary, but even if he had it certainly was not an act of cruelty or even selfishness. The entire story is about his struggling with his guilt, which could very well be just general survivors guilt.

James 100% murdered mary and he did it partially out of selfishness. He killed her because he hated seeing her suffer but also because he was sick of his bedridden wife completely taking over his life and keeping him from sex/love. This is why he feels extreme guilt because he knows deep down he did it for at least partially selfish reasons.
>poe invented horror
l o l

He said "any good horror games" I didn't say SH4 was better than 1, 2, or 3. I was just naming good horror games that came after SH3.

Yeah but it was printed proffesionally. I cant do that to the print now. At best i could cover it with an inner boarder under the frame.