The Last of Us has HDR

My game just updated and this setting was found under the 'Display Options' menu

Can someone with an HDR TV tell me how it looks different when it's enabled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tCs6Bq7jdjM
youtube.com/watch?v=IVplf_K1kSw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

silky smooth 30 fps

does anyone here even have an HDR TV?

>HDR TV
A what?

Its a tv that supports 10-bit color. The difference is pretty minor.

Here is non HDR

Here is HDR

>Posting a picture of a HDR TV
kek

Wow, you turned down bloom intensity

>Taking a picture of your tv with your phone

>Posting fucking phone pics of something that requires an HDR display.

Full retard.

Last of us remastered runs at 60 fps

Only way you can see HDR difference retards

Non-HDR looks better

>take in-game screenshot with PS4
>use shit browser to post screenshot (does Sup Forums even work with that piece of shit)
>if #2 doesn't work, send photo to email
>open on device with better browser
>post to Sup Forums
or
>take phone pic
>post to Sup Forums
what's the fucking problem

the clouds just look like a blob of white in the non-HDR pic

You're retarded I swear

Your tv/monitor has to have HDR support or that's useless. It's like enabling hd on a non hd tv.

I know, that's why I made the thread. The option is obviously grayed-out for me. I want some user to describe what it looks like first-hand

Jesus christ you're retarded.

What part of "requires HDR TV" don't you understand?

even if you took a screenshot with the share button, would the resulting PNG or JPG file even keep the information about the HDR / 10-bit color? I mean even if you viewed the screenshot on a HDR monitor

>Only way you can see HDR difference retards

Those photos aren't at all a good representation of what HDR looks like.

A shitty phone won't be able to pick up HDR idiot.

A screenshot won't show HDR retard

Someone get Sup Forums in here

damn, dude.

>A screenshot won't show HDR retard

Did I ever say it would?

I think what you mean is 'does anyone here even still own The Last of Us?'
Everyone I know that owned it traded it in after one playthrough.

ACKSHUALLY it could if he took the photos with a HDR camera and we were watching the photos on a HDR-supporting screen

>trading in games
everyone you know who's owned it is a broke pleb

>a what?

You'll know soon enough "a what" when Sup Forums and r/masterrace will tell you to buy your epic hdr monitor. You can kill yourself before that and circumvent the whole thing, though.

What if your eyes don't support HDR?

I'm saying it's more convenient, you prat. And you CAN still discern differences even though it's not MUH 4K. That's the point of the two photos.

You CAN when you're a mentally ill millennial, just like your imaginary dates with anime characters

Each eye can only see 4 bits of color.

all HD TVs of the past 10+ years are capable of displaying HDR.
My SONY KDL-46X4500 which is 7 years old can do HDR
It's a fucking marketing meme recently picked up by marketers to fool ignorant retards that it's a novelty.

>it's le jews XD

Nothing can get past your epic detevtor

>taking a picture of a screen with a camera
>a camera that doesn't support hdr
>and then uploading that picture as a jpeg
>so that people without hdr monitors can look at it

in your dreams

Did you actually check?

>>a camera that doesn't support hdr

I wonder just how retarded people on this sute can be a lot

>runs at 60 fps
>but there's a 30 fps cap in the options just for le kicks XD

I'd fucking murder you.

is this bait? look it up

the option in the OP image is for if you want it to be locked to 30fps instead of the normal 60fps for some stupid reason. The original game for PS3 was 30fps only. Maybe they included the option for those people who think anything closer to movie 24fps is more cinematic.

High Dynamic Range means fucking nothing. It is nothing the the original ps4 or xbone couldn't do, they just didn't give a shit. But they needed a marketing scheme for the "new" consoles. Anyone working in photo/video could tell you the same thing.

see

Original ps4 can do HDR you moron

Did you actually CHECK?

Check what? That it's 60fps? I don't have to, because I've already played the game all the way through multiple times in silky smooth 60fps.

But since it's clear that *you* will not check for yourself, here is video proof of it running at 60fps:
youtube.com/watch?v=tCs6Bq7jdjM

So we Rec.2020 now?

There's literally no way you can show HDR without a direct 10bit image screenshot and viewed on a HDR monitor (do they exist yet?)

You can't see the major difference between non-HDR and HDR without being in front of the tv.

Nice of you to share the pic but this isn't representative at all.

>No framerate ticker
Nice try

You can with a off screen photo cause it takes image of the display

You need a HDR monitor if it wasn't a off screen photo

Why would they keep it? It's basically a movie, no point in watching it twice.

>You're stupid if you can spot differences, per the purpose of the thread
It's time for you to go back to rebbit

youtube.com/watch?v=IVplf_K1kSw

Hd tv?

The HDR image is reliant on a 10bit display. You are seeing a crushed color version of what you really see. It will show a "difference" but you'll never know how nice it really look unless you actually see it properly.

If I had a 720p CRT, i would enable it.

I just tried it with my Sony 4k HDRTV.
It
Looks
STUNNING!

Absolutely worth buying a PS4 Pro for the HDR support, it really makes a massive difference. Completely changes the way you play games. You can even pick up a Sony Playstation 4 Pro for $399 US Dollars.

I really do get the feeling that Sony Entertainment Software is For the Gamers!

no really I checked it out, can't tell anything yet. HDR typically just makes some scenes have a better contrast with colors. However many TVs can already do this to a lesser extent, you just have to mess with the options.

>Those textures
>Those jaggies
It's nice that the PS4 can run PS3 games at 1080p/60fps

>lock at 30 frames per second

It wouldn't be a memebox without 30 frames a second.

maybe for the criminally underrated multiplayer? Or so they could play through the story mode again in a couple of years or something

I brought why does no one bring up the multiplayer and someone told me it was pretty forgettable desu.

its not just a gears clone, its the visceral experience of 2013 and I had way more fun with multiplayer than the main game. (Linear games have been left in the past for me)

>Absolutely worth buying a PS4 Pro for the HDR support,
You don't need a PS4 Pro to do HDR, it can be enabled on launch PS4s

since you didn't seem to know this (and since the PS4 pro isn't even out yet) I'm calling bullshit on your saying you actually enabled HDR in TLOU

>moving goalposts

Typical animeposter

Not my problem that you fail to comprehend where the goal is located in the first place

I enabled it on my ps4 slim.

in the argument you guys were originally having, the goalposts were located between "the game is 30fps" and "the game is 60fps"

nobody brought up jaggies or textures until it was proven that the game really was 60fps

The goal was to make fun of consolecucks, as usual

Hell if I know. I've got a TV that supposedly has HDR as a feature, and the game isn't recognizing a HDR TV.

That's what user said
Moron