Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f2ezJZ2t7ts#t=20m35s
youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>XV
>Mobius
>leaving out World of FF
>leaving out Type 0 Online

they're all shit and the ff7 remake looks terrible.

final fantasy is unironically dead.

I wish it and the equally overrated Kingdom Hearts really would just die already.

Kingdom Hearts has better gameplay than actual action games

When the MMO is the only game that even feels like a FF game, you know the series is fucking dead.

Hey. OP. The few of these that are out? They're kinda crap.

But the story and characters are worse than actual kids shows.

Sure it does kid.

By virtue of being an MMO?

Because MMOs pander to nerds and FFXV panders to fujoshi

>unironically dead
You do know that's slang for "i don't like it anymore"?

All thanks to XV marking the FF resurgence.

>FFXV panders to fujoshi
No.

You have to be a desperate loser to find mannequins hot.

Better than 95% of FF girls. Stay triggered.

Stay a virgin freak.

It's only dead when Lightning shows up in anything.

>leaving out Dissidia
As someone who doesn't even like FF that much, it looks legitimately fun.

Also I don't even know what most of those games are, aside from FF7R, FFXV, and FFXIV.

>Better than 95% of FF girls

you're a faggot

>no jobs
>no turn-based/semi-turn-based combat
>almost no fantasy aesthetic
Yeah no, it's dead Jim

Brave Exvius is the only good FF game released in the past decade, it's pretty safe to call the series dead

And you're gay. Tifa's already been replaced with new hotness titty monster who's also voiced by Sawashiro so she's automatically best girl.

>"wait 24 hours to play for a couple minutes energy" bullshit
Eat shit

>almost no fantasy aesthetic
Apparently floating medieval castles overgrown with nature isn't fantasy aesthetic.

Technology is still prevalent

It is to most of its older fans. Squarenix dumping money into spinoffs, kingdom fags clones, and butcheries of the series doesn't change that for a lot of us.

Before you say it, yes MUH TURN BASED, kill yourself.

>I didnt play the game
>But i think i get to have an opinion

But I did
>fuse this
>fuse that
>this character is good
>but not as good as the same character with more stars lol
>energy bullshit
If we're talking mobile FFs I'll drop you a free good one that is Final Fantasy: Dimensions. Now stop with this cancer.

>kingdom fags
>butcheries
>muh
>older fans
You act like a prepubescent child for an older fan

As it is in FF1 with mechs, FF4 with mechs, robots, tanks, hovercrafts, spaceships etc, as it is in FF6 with it's Magitek mechs, technology, chainsaws, machinery etc. The fuck does that matter? FF has always been a mix of fantasy and technology.

So you are a nostalgiaturd who doesn't know what makes a good game or even good combat, and also spouts buzzword memes because you don't really know anything about FF but claim to be an old fag.

Fictional technology, user.

That's wrong tho

I wish these memes would die

That doesn't even make any sense.

Oh so you played it for an hour but didn't understand it. Cool

>literal tech demo
>mobile shit
>multiple XV images
>Type-Never
Nice.

A zombie still rots, user.

Bad ones, maybe.

Each of the XV things have different gameplay systems. Main game XV with Noctis is open world Action RPG with aerial combat and fast combat, Gladio episode is Soulsborne style Action, Prompto episode is TPS in a snowy region. KG is godtier CG visual film.

XIV is on there twice too and isn't Mobius on PC? Type-Next will happen at some point.

Some people still believe Agni is being turned into something, which may or may not be true.

>Type-Next will happen at some point.
Tabata already confirmed he's working on a new IP after FFXV, not FF-related.

what are the bottom images excluding Stormblood?

>Each of the XV things have different gameplay systems.
It's still the same game.
>XIV is on there twice too
Yep. Didn't notice.
>isn't Mobius on PC?
Porting initially mobile shit to PC doesn't make it any different.
>Type-Next will happen at some point.
I sure hope so.
>Some people still believe Agni is being turned into something
People believe in many things, often baseless and/or stupid. Right now it's nothing.

That doesn't mean Type-Next won't happen.

Mobius
FFXV Episode Prompto (Story DLC)
Type-Next

Mobius, Episode Prompto, Type-Next

From left to right, Mobius FF, Prompto's DLC episode for FFXV, FF Type-Next/Type-1.

half the games in your picture are ages old, some not even good games, some are not even games but proof of concept videos, the only good thing in it is a possible remake of a old Final fantasy game when Final Fantasy games were not shit.. and its not released nor do we have a release date. In short your own picture proves you wrong. Maybe FF15 will go back to quality..

As opposed to most FFs? IIRC the only FFs that didn't have advanced technology of some sort were 3 and 5.

But V had the floating fortress. Not to mention the airship that turned into a submarine.

Only game I've ever played by Square was Einhander and I've never touched the FF series. Am I missing out?

yes. play ff10 first.

Looking forward to FF7 Remake even though it'll be nothing compared to what the original was. I just hope it's more of a tribute to FF7 rather than SE trying desperately to replace it.

I suppose if they play against peoples nostalgia and dump fan service moments throughout the game it'll probably get praised when people look past the combat. RIP turn based.

Whats the 2nd to the top left? chick in the red with blood on her face.

>like 5 images of the Kingdom Hearts clone
>a game that had to get a meteor dropped on it and it still turned out worse
>lol Mobius
Nah.

Who's ready for MORE stagnation in the form of XV-2, and Noctis Returns? What about another Heavensward, with just as little content? Are you ready kids?? Of course you are.

Final Fantasy Type-0 is, being serious, one of the best jrpgs I have played in my life. The first time a game brought me tears in the first minutes with Izana's painful and sorrowfull death, one of the best in videogames.

The only reason I give a fuck about FF XV, is because Tabata is the directot, and he have clear inspirations in Type-0.

People always say Jihl from FF13 is wasted potential, but Kurasame is an even better example.

>dark and mysterious past
>is nicknamed "the ice reaper"
>has a fucking pet tonberry
>becomes the class's instructor (thought he was going to be like Kakashi in the game)
>lol i die now!

XV isn't a KH clone at all and there will be no sequel, if they want to do more story stuff they will just do it as DLC expansions.

I guess that's a fair point, it looks WORSE than KH.

youtube.com/watch?v=f2ezJZ2t7ts#t=20m35s

Nah it plays better.

>people are this deluded

The fact that people can't remember the dead already kills the possibility of goin deeper in Kurasame's past.

Every too popular Final Fantasy had a sequel, dude. XV will be a closed arc like all FF, but there will surely be a sequel after it.

It's a fact and I say that as someone who's played every KH.

XV will not have a sequel, they've firmly stated that for over 2 years now and reiterate it even a few weeks ago. XV will finish the story and any new story stuff they do want to do will just be DLC episodes like they are already doing.

When it was Versus it was planned for multiple sequels but when they turned it into XV they condensed Versus and all those sequels into one game so the full story is all in XV itself, the DLC story episodes are new story things they are adding after the game was done.

>opinion is fact
lol

I odnt understand why people are buthurt about XV.

The franchise has been dead for like 10-15 years.

Sorry kid you're wrong.

I don't understand people who honestly say this shit with a straight face. Other than 13 series and 14 being trash FF has been fine, and XV is returning single player FF to its former prestige.

At this point it would be mercy to kill it.

You mean it isn't?

Well, even if it isn't dead, it isn't for me anymore.

>Other than 13 series and 14 being trash FF has been fine
So that 10 year black hole of worthless games? Yeah, that's a pretty long drought guy.

13 came out 8 years ago.
The last good numbered one was over a decade ago

It is, user. Leave JRPGs to me.

Dissidia was great, Dissidia 012 was great, Crisis Core was great, Theatrhythm was great, Type-0 was great.

So what? FF2 was a piece of shit and no one cared about FF3, only with FF4 did FF start getting some real traction.

that witch short animation was the coolest and most unique setting not only for a final fantasy game but all of video games in general in the last 8 years and off course this one is probably never going to get turned into a final fantasy because modern final fantasy is all about ripping off star wars an adding zippers and boy bands to it

Im just saying thats its hardly like its some current thing thats getting ruined.

what is the bottom right one anyway?

>I don't understand people who honestly say this shit with a straight face
Because you were born after the series died.
>XV is returning single player FF to its former prestige.
I don't remember FF being an unpolished aimless turd.

Is it just me or has Final Fantasy been way too up its own ass the past few years? I know we've basically only gotten spinoffs for 7 years, so hopefully XV is different, but there are so many goddamn cameos and references, it's taken over actual new content. FF Explorers was a decent monhun ripoff, but before i even finished the tutorial i'm seeing Sephiroth's clothes in the shop. 14 got it bad, they do a decent job integrating it into the story, but practically nothing in it is unique. 11 was able to establish it's own unique feel and identity in the main series despite being an MMO. All the mobile apps and World of FF the content looks like it's literally FF member berries.

As much as I loved it, I blame Dissidia. I don't think it was this bad before then. The worst thing I can think of is shoving Cloud into Tactics and Ergheiz.

XV didn't get delayed 10 years, it didn't even start full development until 2012. At most it only got delayed 2 months from a date they actually set.

Delayed 10 years implies it was supposed to come out in 2006. It was announced in 2006 and nothing more. Mother 3 came out 10 years after it was announced, Nioh is coming out 12 years after it was announced, so what?

Type-Next and FFXIV: Stormblood

Stormblood is gonna be shit though.

>final fantasy is probably only going to have something like 12 characters in all since modeling more would be to expensive

Dissidia came out in 2008. Though I consider 2006 the year when the quality of games across the board plummeted. There were literally no good games to look forward to each year after 2006. Probably something to do with corporate greed and forcing new paradigms into paid games (cash shops, cameos to get people interested in games they otherwise would never play, etc.).

>he fell for the hundreds of hours of easy fights meme

>Because you were born after the series died.
No I can guarantee I was born before you were born.

>I don't remember FF being an unpolished aimless turd.
And I don't see how XV is even remotely that since it's more polished, detail oriented and focused than any other FF I've played. Fuck man this is easily the best snake slithering animation I've ever seen in any game ever, let alone giant snake model and all that happening in a massive scale world with the amount of things you can do in it. You are so full of shit it hurts just reading your ignorance.

What? We've already seen over 25 characters in XV.

>I blame Dissidia.
I do too. A "celebration of the series" type of media is usually a good indicator of a series's downfall. Crossovers show the transition from classical / golden age to the "modern age."

Like, Nintendo went to shit after Smash came out for example. The golden age of nintendo is NES, SNES and N64, then Smash hits, and the shitty modern nintendo appears.

Its the exact same with FF. Final Fantasy went to shit after Dissidia came out.

>No I can guarantee I was born before you were born.
No Bazztek, you can't.
>And I don't see how XV is even remotely that since it's more polished
Not wasting another second reading this. FFXV is extremely unpolished, no FF game has been this bad.

I think Squareenix were just very poorly managed post ps1 generation. You can even see it in their PS2 games, which ran into massive delays. They just couldnt handle gen 7 because they decided to give all the power to their worthless "talent" so they could not make KH3, FF13, Versus etc.

>that witch short animation

That what now?

youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU
Tech demo

>Midgardsomr is just a big snek

Wow gay.

Whats the 2nd top left. the movie one

So you have no actual argument do you Stalker-kun? And no. XV is easily the most polished and detailed an FF has ever been. Every fucking FF has glitches and bugs, that isn't somehow going to stop, and that doesn't somehow mean XV is unpolished.

le final fantasy 7 reference

Midgardsomr has always been just a big snake.

nobody has played the game in enough detail to know yet.

It might be good. But im getting strong Watch_dogs ish vibes from it. Core gameplay doesnt look too hot.

So, type-1 when?

>enemy is pretty dang cool
>environment art is boring and sports very little interactivity
>can't even bring myself to look at any of the characters for more than a few seconds at a time

It better be a fucking great GAME though. Then I'm going to survive the rest.

Ironic, as lightning is still thought to be vital to the creation of life.