Games where the japanese dub ISN'T the best

Games where the japanese dub ISN'T the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5thpfhv83M
youtube.com/watch?v=aQfAe2vWSzg
youtu.be/p7OCWH-Z46k?t=55m32s
youtube.com/watch?v=d-4hsiZVojM
youtube.com/watch?v=GDdFNxslEpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Xenoblade Chronicles

the english dub is so bad I actually refused to play the game because my softmodded Wii would crash when I tried picking the japanese audio option.

Perhaps not coincidentally, AW even more insanely ridiclious then MGR is

G Gundam's dub is better then the original japanese voices too, and it's essential over-the-top-core

Was Gurren Lagann's english dub better then the japanese one too? Is english better for over the top hype shit?

After the car accident last year, i simply know that my memories are broken. Even if i ask my father what exactly had happened that night, the truth will go unspoken. I had even forgotten my name. Was it winter? I think it was a cold night.. see? i don't even know the season or what was the reason i was standing there holding a blade-like knife.

Gurren Lagann's English dub is also over the type and hype as fuck, but the Japanese version was so good that you really can't go wrong no matter which way you watch it

>some gay ass dub va better than Horiuchi Kenyu
kys yourself my man

Fuckboi protagonist nonwithstanding, dub was plain better than japanese version. Supporting cast had much, much better voicework.

The only voices that are better in the japanese dub are Mistral and George.

While i was standing here, i had realised that you and i were very similar, we both tried to make history.
Human nature won't allow us to judge the right from wrong objectively. But when our "guard" is down, i think we both agree that violence breeds violence.

youtube.com/watch?v=z5thpfhv83M
youtube.com/watch?v=aQfAe2vWSzg

very nice meme.

>he doesn't like "hat fuh daes"

>Fuckboi protag

Hes so fuckin manly and badass

The Nier: Replicant protag, now HE's a fuckboi

Catherine's english dub is fantastic.

Honestly, the Japanese dub actually wasn't as good. I played through the game twice and like I usually do with games that have dual audio, I used the original voices on the New Game+ run.

Overall, I think the English dub had a lot more personality for its voices. However, certain voices were clearly superior in Japanese: Wakamoto's Metal Face was better than the English one (pretty hard to top the man himself), and the Japanese Melia was better purely because the English one was so bad.

On the other hand, every other voice, in my opinion, was either equal or better in English. Riki's JP voice was so fucking annoying, even more annoying than the English one. Also, I felt some of the writing was better in English - I'm probably biased since English is my first language and not Japanese, but let's be honest that's the case for most people here.

I really think you missed out. I was repelled by the voices at first but I suppressed my inner weeb and after a little while I came to appreciate the VA a lot more.

>the Japanese dub actually wasn't as good.
The british voices made my ears hurt after just a few minues of play, whatever ''characterization'' they gave is lost on the fact that they're so horrid and goofy, especially in battle.

I'd rather listen to gibberish I don't understand, like japanese.

Now you know how everyone else feels when they have to listen to american accents in every other game

Except I've heard british dubbed characters before which are great, like Henry in NMH.

I was talking about Replicant protagonist, yes.

Holy shit Sundowner sounds AWFUL in the jp version.

youtu.be/p7OCWH-Z46k?t=55m32s

Where's the emotion?

Space Dandy's director says the English dub is better too.

Persona 5!

Remember to pick up your copy next February!

Cromartie High School is objectively better in english dub as well

Fuck off fatlus

nah, the humour is very japanese.

He's not entirely that bad, it's just that Sundowner's english voice with that accent fits his type of character much better.

And they made Oldseph voice Armstrong.

He's not bad but ehhh, there's better fits.

uh Raiden's dub voice is cringe-worthy

from the eternal flu Raiden to trying hard edgy Raiden

>tryhard
did you think the game was serious too.

youtube.com/watch?v=d-4hsiZVojM

vs

youtube.com/watch?v=GDdFNxslEpE

I would take the deep voice the Jap Raiden have over Quiton Flynn's squeaky nasally high voice trying to be deep and the cringe-worthy edgy Raiden

Wow, they made japanese Raiden sound more boring, range-less and monotone.

Horrible.
> trying to be deep and the cringe-worthy
It's not serious you goof.

no, I didnt like Quinton Flynn's squeaky voice since MGS2, MGS4 was a little more passable, but he doesnt speak that much in that game anyway, but MGR was just full cringe-worthy when he speaks

How can it be cringe if it's not serious? Unlike MGS2 and 4.

Dragons Dogmeme

even if its hammy script and hammy acting, Quinton Flynn's performance trying to make Raiden sounding more deep is just cringe-worthy, they should have looked for other VAs

DMC4 and Dragon's Dogma. In both cases English is original one and Japanese vo was added later. It was added year later in DD with Dark Arisen and 7 years later in DMC4 with Special Edition.

Even if you were to like that awful japanese voice more than the playful, self aware of the english one, the game as a whole has much better english voices, it's not just Raiden.

yakuza 1

STUPID OLD FUCK

no, its just Quinton Flynn is god awful

maybe he is self-aware, because of the lash on his performance in MGS2, and trying to make it sound more deep

But self-aware, playful or whatnot, Quinton's Raiden in MGR is just full cringe-worthy

>more deep
But again, it's not serious, you can hear his regular voice in convos with Sunny.

which was squeaky high and nasally, but trying to make it more deep to separate it from MGS2

which is still cringe-worthy

>mfw my friend got mad at me for watching it in English and won't even give the dub a shot
He's one of those types that believes the Japanese version is always better no matter what.

Honestly, I like cringe-worthy edgy Raiden`s voice. The game is already edgy weeb slasher and it`s awesome.

He'd be right when it comes to older anime, it was in more recent times they actually started to put real effort in English dub, but I can never explain that to people allergic to subtitles.

Maybe because the English one is the fucking original. What's this even about.

what does that even matter.

Japanese is the original dub for DBZ yet the English and LatAm Spanish dubs are better.

>english Melia
>bad

>cringe-worthy
>cringe-worthy
>cringe-worthy
Do you actually have anything to say or are you just airing your autism?

>G Gundam's dub is better than the original japanese voices
Not even close. Nips are far, far better at melodrama

since Megaman X is voiced by the same guy who did Domon Kasshu and Sigma is voiced by the same guy who did Master Asia

>there are people that think jap DBZ is better than English DBZ
Makes me sick

As someone who watched the funi dub growing up and the jap version recently I think they're both good tbqh.

the only one who's better in the japanese dub is Frieza, only because he doesn't sound as much of a squeaky grandma as he does in the english version.

>there is people who will never be able to enjoy the latin dub
I feel bad for all of you

Which is funny when you think that the biggest issue people have with japanese dub is that Goku sounds like squeaky grandma.
I've only seen DB and DBZ with German dub, it was pretty good.

>eng or jap dub any good in gbz

german is where it's at

>B-but the balls in a vice voice makes sense for Goku's character

I'm 99.99% of the time JPN dub with sub fag, but the JPN dub of XBC is so generic shounen its awful. The British cast really gave a different and personality to the cast, Shulk especially.

EDF 4.1

Witcher 3.

Which they've kind of fixed with the Kai voices, which they use in all the dubs and vidya now.

This applies to all Metal Gear games.

not mgs2.

I've heard the english dub in the games and I can honestly say that it's the best dubbed anime I've ever heard
There was never a case where I preferred english to japanese but the english voice acting is better than the japanese one in my opinion

>G Gundam
>Melodrama

I think you thought I meant a different gudam series user

>super saiyan form is just becoming aryan

Holy fuck guys, can't you see how stupid and paranoid it is that you find self-awareness and everything and just use it as a redeeming quality to justify your bad taste on an anonymous chinese cartoon board.

This is fucking ridiculous. Bad VA is bad. End of the story.

Japanese VAs will always besuperior. Their VA industry is much more mature. In general, they USED to have great artstis working for videogames and great music composers while the west mostly had hobbyists that weren't nearly as good. I think it all has to do with the fact that Japan has always taken its entertainment industry more seriously.

If we talk about art in and of itself though, the west has the edge.

And there's nothing wrong with that, you fucking stupid paranoid antiweeaboo motherfuckers. I honestly think you guys are worse than weeaboos in your fanaticism and the irrationality of your arguments.
Self-aware voice acting for fucks sake.