8 Days Left

So who getting the Pro?

Other urls found in this thread:

plasma-discounter.nl/product/1830531/philips-43pus6401.html
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-inside-playstation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>console gaming

Normies and niggers

Lifelong pc gamer here picking up the ps4pro since sony actually caters to gamers unlike cucktendo and microcuck

stay mad cuckboys

After pondering for weeks, I finally caved in and ordered the Slim with Bloodborne and imported Persona 5 because I realized I don't give a shit about 4k and HDR. Did I fuck up, Sup Forums?

If i was interested in performance for my no games i'd get a better PC or wait for the xbox one.
So no.
I also have my doubts on the thing's thermal performance if they're just using a double sized ps4 gpu and still have turbine fans

Since I don't have a PS4 sure why not.

No. This is just another attempt by Sony to sell their shitty TVs. Remember when they were shilling 3D TV with a handful of PS3 games?

I'm just going to wait for the Scorpio since I already have a One S.

I got my One S through a discount deal when I traded in my regular. Hoping they do the same thing for the Scorpio.

Should I wait until launch night or wait for a Nigger Friday deal?

>40 million fifabox aimed at kids
>implying people will buy it a month before christmas/thanksgiving

>thinking PS4 pro could actually render 4K

Yes it can, devs will actually optimize 4k for it.

No one I know anyway.

The two people who have PS4's in my group are both moving on.
One is building a PC and the other is waiting for Scorpio.

Sony had all the momentum and consumer good will and then just pissed it all away.

I don't have a PS4 but wanted to get one for Nioh/P5/Bloodborne/othershit

I know it won't do real 4k or some shit (I only own a HDTV anyways).
But what about perfomance at 1080p?
Can I expect better framerate and other shit?

Well, to be honest, I didn't really mind the 4k features and the higher price. I was more worried about the Pro blowing up on me because it hasn't been tested yet, while the Slim should be pretty safe now that it's been tested extensively. I always feel safer buying the slim version of a console.

>Various titles already have confirmed native 4k

I probably will at the end of the generation so I can pick up the stragglers that didn't make it to PC. Assuming there isn't another revision in the meantime.

>PCuck gaming

i bought a regular one 20 days ago. i can exchange it the pro on the 10th. but the games are shit. im gonna get my money back and hope switch is good

>So who getting the Pro?
Already have the Slim.

>playstation
>after 2

You know those games are on console too right?

I will be.

yea but nobody buys those games on PS4 you cuckold.

I do for my wife's son

I work at a German game store and these Simulators sell like hotcakes for consoles.

True, it isn't FIFA or COD.

sHUT THE FUCK OFF YOU KEK SUCK MUHAMAND

CoD will be top seller on steam mark my word cuckboy.

I'll wait till we some get some comparison videos and see if there really is a difference.
Especially for games running at 1080.

Nobody gives a fuck about 4K

I'm getting it after seeing some positive reviews.
Only idiots pre-order.

u wot?

Already bought the limited edition MGS5 one, plus I have no 4K tv.
Not much of a point desu

Here
Been holding out to get one since I knew the upgraded PS4 would come a few years down the line and games would pile up
No way I'd build an entire new PC just for games

I also dreamed of Bloodborne last night

there are bundle with Pro?

Yeah im getting it, i haven't got any of this generation yet and haven't played a game since gta v so think its about time.

Don't have 4K but seen as it does better framerates on 1080 and hdr it's enough for me.

You won't get better framerates because of CPU power.

Hasn't that been upgraded? Regardless my plan was always to wait until after the new year to see what the final views are on it and then get it.

Then PS4 will run games 720p 30fps.

>But what about perfomance at 1080p?
>Can I expect better framerate and other shit?
Up to devs, but I'm afraid in most cases CPU will be a bottleneck. Because if it wasn't, Skyrim would easily reach 60 fps on original PS4, considering it's supposed to be native 4k 30fps on Pro.

The excitement for a new upgraded console is in the reissue of ps3 games. Why have devs dropped the ball so fucking hard these past 5 years.

My PC is broken and I don't know if I should fix it or just get one of these since games are all I used it for

If you PC is broken or older than two years, get a PS4 Slim.

Preordered since I didn't want to deal with the Christmas rush and I wanted the 1080p mode increases, however minimum they are, since this is my first PS4.

Plan on importing Bloodborne GOTY, got a few games like R&C, Song of the Deep, Killzone, and Driveclub, waiting on some other games to drop to $20 before jumping the gun.

I built it in late 2014 so it's only now been 2 years. I think I can fix it I just don't know specifically what's wrong with it which is why I'm not sure

I think sams club is currently doing 250 or 350 on the new console bundles

ive seen horizon zero dawn on the pro on a huge 4k tv, it was impressive and beautiful. But not sure if that was because of the pro or because of the sick 5000 dollar tv. And i think that's the problem, you need a 4k tv with HDR which barely anyone currently owns. It might not be native 4k for every game but the upscaling is done pretty well. I think it's a see before you buy kind of thing because I wasn't that impressed till I actually saw the thing.

Can you still boot it? If not, take out the RAM and throw it into an older computer if you can, then run a RAM stress test and see if it blue screens or not. Then see if you can stress test the CPU by running it at full load (Programs are made specifically to do this) and see if it crashes the computer. If all else fails you can stress test the GPU or replace the MOBO. I remember when I first built my PC I had a faulty MOBO and I was getting blue screens for months while stress testing everything and replacing everything and it ended up being that.

what do you mean x-mas rush? this thing isnt going to sell hard because it has no selling bundle, almost no previews. It's only going to get cheaper around x-mas and you might get lucky with a new bundle.

All you need is upgrade GPU, even 2010 CPU does good job.
My 2012/2013 PC still runs things above console quality.

Getting this, word of a lie, because i want to play singstar more and my ps3 has finally totally fucked itself.

In turn i will buy proper games meaning that the pro will be more useful than the normal, but as of now i only plan to use it as a party karaoke machine. Get mad.

It's still going to be a pain in the ass to find it regardless since it's a new console coming out near Christmas and I didn't want to deal with driving to several stores to find one. Sure as hell didn't want to order it online and have it delivered to my porch.

Still not enough games on it yet to warrant purchase. Everything that I want to play on it are coming to other platforms as well anyway. Maybe in few more years.

rate my discount 4k tv
plasma-discounter.nl/product/1830531/philips-43pus6401.html

No that's my problem, it turns on, but it doesn't boot. I think it's my motherboard but I don't have any money atm so I haven't gone piece by piece yet. My PSU gave out since I got a kind of cheap one but then I bought a better one but after I installed it the computer would come on but it would never boot

>the computer would come on but it would never boot
So you can't even get into the BIOS then? See if you can replace the motherboard, you probably just messed up with the voltage and it shorted it.

NO I ALREADY TRIED THAT AND IT DIDNT WORK, none of this will work.

That's what I was thinking, but my main concern is did it take my GPU and CPU with it? I'm assuming not because they still spin and I'm also guess the PC just wouldn't come on if the CPU was fucked

there is literally no reason to get it, except for memes

Take the GPU with it, if the mobo is corrupted then that always goes with it - and even if it holds on, it sets to the power and output of the last so you'd just wreck it anyway.

>Lifelong pc gamer
>Picking up a Cuck4Pro

Mmmmhmmmmm sure Sonygger

Then it's your ram or cpu

See and if that's true then I will have to spend at least like $300 to replace it. Since 2014 I will have spend like $1200 on this computer

eh, I would have to wait for a good deal

i also need to wait until 4k monitors dip in price

I'm a massive sonygger and I said fuck the pro and got an xbone instead until I know what this thing can do.

Mine is already preordered, I'm usually a Mustard/Nintendork but I really wanna play the new final fantasy games, DQ Builders and Nioh when it comes out.

DQ Builders is pretty good, also surprisingly longer than I expected

>All you need is upgrade GPU
GPUs are expensive now.
Sticking in a $99 card in to run all those 6th and 7th gen console ports maxed out doesn't work anymore with 8th gen.

Will buy one to be my bloodborne machine. And Persona and FF12 remake I guess. Might wait on price drop too. Not really in a hurry, I bought my PS3 like 1 month before PS4 too, to get a good deal on it and the games.

For $200 you get above PS4 Pro experience with RX480.

Sonyggers really are retarded but you don't have to falseflag this poorly

>For $200 you get above PS4 Pro experience with RX480.
Not in Europe.

I would've gotten one if it did a steady 60fps, but instead Sony had to go full retard once again and focus on shitty 4K upscaling instead of trying to make games run better.

Most places i've seen they are about $250 for the 8 GB model

310 euro minimum in my country. Building a computer is pretty expensive in Europe, yet we have way more PC gamers than NA. Funny that.

Pre-ordered today
Can't wait to play FFXV in it's true glory

I already have a GTX 1080 so why would I buy a Pro?

I literally don't see a point, I don't have a 4k tv and I don't think it's going to make a difference in the games I play (BF1, TLOU, Fifa, gta5, Fallout 4)

Fuck the Pro it's a piece of garbage like your mother

Considering even an Xbox S does have slight framerate improvements due to higher clock speeds, I wouldn't be surprised of even unpatched games running better in 1080p

Your specs on PC are irrelevant aslong as console exclusives exist. The only reason to ever buy a console is because exclusives are still sadly a thing. If you don't care for those exclusives then you would never buy one.

PS4 exclusives? Dunno man.

Because you don't want your house to burn down?

Cerny confirmed that since it's technically 2 ps4 GPUs connected in order to ensure unpatched games run well the CPU and GPU downclock themselves to match regular PS4 hardware

>GTX 1080
I hope you bought a fire extinguisher

But PS4 Pro is just crossfire, similar to New 3DS. Only one GPU will be used in non-Pro mode, so don't expect much. That said, loading times could be faster because of Sata3.

so you can finally enjoy a red dead redemption game

>PS4 equivalent to a 380X
And what, no CPU?
Because maybe then it's equal to a 380X.

Literally no one gives a fuck about GTA with horses.

Will ps4 pro do at least 60fps??

>PS4
>anywhere close or even above HD7900 series
Bait.

>here you go a much more capable and future proof edition of an already good console for just $100
>I will have the inferior product, please!
This is how Neo-Nintendrones must think, buying Fisher Price shit since the Wii days.

my current tv is only 720p

what do I look for in a good 1080p TV? how cheap is a good one these days anyway? 4K is retarded and i'll buy one in 10 years time.

>CPU and GPU downclock themselves to match regular PS4 hardware
I don't remember him saying anything about that
Care to post a citation?

Actually considering it. I'll have a job after 3 years of NEETdom. So I'll see what I have left after MWR, my car and gas payment.

I got an Avera 40 inch for $200 on Newegg, it's decent but the audio is meh and the colors are wonky and take a lot of adjusting to get right

>what do I look for in a good 1080p TV
For gaming?
Low input lag first and foremost

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-inside-playstation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine
It's somewhere in this article

there are good sub-$600 4k tv's out there that will shit all over your 1080p tv