>useless belts count
>6
That's anime enough for me.

It has pre-rendered cutscenes, i.e. animations
It's japanese
japanese animation = anime
dumb nigger

eeeeeeeeeh?!

But what makes a videogame anime/not anime?

this is easily the most anime entry in the series though

Oh but it's sequel is.

SAW-MOO-RAI

That's why I liked SMT IV. It also was my first mainline SMT and I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty damn gritty with themes and character designs. Then I saw what IV: Apocalypse was going to be and it felt like a gut punch.

>that are NOT anime
It is. Not mainline full-fledged shonen garbage, but it's still far from being "not anime".

>this series also includes the Persona games

>Reverse Hills
That part was so fucking unsettling
youtube.com/watch?v=eZlVVFWhjiE

>mainline
I meant "mainstream".

>having a party of flynn, lilim, and Medusa

I should recruit Chemtrail just to have a full party of conflicting art styles

That girl on the right is cute

hair is terrible

>Persona in general
>DeSu, especially 2
>Avatar Tuner/2
>smt1 and the original MT/MT2
>its literal fucking sequel

>demikids

Is Red Rider supposed to be as big a pain in the arse to spawn as the others or did I just get lucky with the others?

Fire emblem

Pre awakening just to be safe, the new ones are treading heavy on the borderline

Lucky, they all have the same rate

What the fuck are you on about? Literally every FE game would make a fine and inconspicuous anime.

>new ones are treading heavy on the borderline
New ones are full out on the anime pandering what the fuck are you on about? Hell, even the older FEs are pretty anime, the new ones just take it up to 11.

who's that demon between walter and flynn
i went with law so i only recognize the angels, koga saburo, lilith, and asmodeus (?)

>ive never played a fire emblem game nor watched anime

Who do I trust

They're both saying the same thing.

I just realized that the cover is a huge fucking spoiler

by that logic, so is the first 10 mins of the game

In what way?
Isn't the Chaos/Law split an SMT tradition?

This.

Jonathan and Walter are clearly based on the Law and Chaos heroes from SMT1.

These threads always give me second-hand embarrassment.

BARK
BARK
BARK

How so?

BULLY

>character goes HOY every line
>not anime

Astaroth. He's NG+ plus exclusive, I think.

>6
Are you retarded?
There's two, one holds his waist and the shirt, the second is for the sword scabbard.

You sound like faggot show think Final Fantasy isn't anime as fuck or different from every other JRPG out there. I've literally heard that people don't play other JRPGs because they are "anime" even though they love FF games. Get a grip.

I think he's counting the two belt-strap things on each boot.

Stay, thou art so beautiful.

Nocturne had no animation, and the art design has nothing in common with common anime art design. You'd be better off calling DMC anime, especially considering both had kaneko working on them.

DMC IS anime as fuck though

Only fucking Walter done that because he's Casualry scum

Every japanese game is anime as fuck. You CAN'T prove me wrong.

I just reached Minotaur and nearly dropped the game there. Why is there so much fucking RNG? I nearly beat him once and then he critted my samurai ally, smirked, and wiped me. I had to fuse Spriggan (resist phys) to beat that fucking cow.

>RNG
>tried different strategy
>won
How is that RNG?

dude agi lmao

Don't even try to wiggle out that one. Minotaur is fucking bullshit and terribly designed. People claim Medusa is hard but at least she offers a fair challenge, Minotaur is pure luck. You can be beyond prepared and Walter can fuck you in the ass with an Agi or anyone else with a miss.

I haven't played it so I can't really say. But IF you can defeat something by changing strategies, then by definition that's not RNG. You just had the wrong strategy.

Anime is not a style

Anime = Animation

>I haven't even played it
Then your points are moot. He got lucky, when I try to cheese him, knowing exactly what to bring and what to use, I still need a fair amount of luck to beat him.

I nearly beat him without Spriggan though except for two unlucky events, critting and smirking. And I might have still won if he had not targeted Flynn with his smirked follow-up.

I fused him with Dia, he was helping to ease the rape. My Ares with Bufu was the one on offence duty.

Minotaur is magnificently designed because even if you have Bufu on three physical resistant demons and buff your defense and evasion to max, he can still chain crit your entire party and wipe it at any stage of the fight if he feels like it.

I got lucky and had all demons with Bufu the first time I done it so he was cakewalk

>Ares

He's level 30 or something, so how could you have him?

I think you mean moeshit, OP.

I know it's shocking, but there was a time where moe and waifushit wasn't the only anime people cared about.

My bad, I meant Naga.

Why doesn't anime look like this anymore?

Because we are not in the 60s anymore.

I actually liked how they Persona'd up SMT IV.

Imagine being a Persona only normalfag like "The Dark Souls of Persona" tier.

Imagine being a brainless waifufag who wants a perfect self insert anime fantasy, and picks this game thinking it would be the same.

You have to make a decision, and unlike Persona, there's no real "good" ending.

And no matter what, you have to kill the people you've been friends with up until this point.

It was pretty cool until the new one ruined it.

How about games without anime artstyles that ARE anime?

>no matter what, you have to kill the people you've been friends with up until this point
I-Is this true?

You first.

learn to speak english, then we'll talk about big boy stuff, k?

>rock punching
>not anime as fuck

Yes. You can die with them if you make the right choice.

In IV and IV:A no. You only have to kill some of them in IV, and in IV:A you don't have to kill any of them if you don't want to.

Is this your first SMT?

You can save the fujoshi if you're neutral

I had a dream with her last night.

But who wants that?

This is my first SMT game. Do I have to be on the Law side to kill as few of my friends as possible? I think I was supporting the Chaos side (which is Walter right? Since he was saying change the world with him while Jonathan was saying protect the current world)

Don't tell me Isabeau's a fujoshi.

>he doesn't a pure waifu who feels ashamed to look at any other man's nakedness that is not her father

>he thinks Law equals good
I love this. I'm not making fun of you either, I just love how SMT baits the player into thinking this.

Hell, SJ had a law-fu who became a goddess

Two of them will die regardless of which route you pick. It just a matter of which ones.

>to kill as few of my friends as possible?

user...

I have some news...

>Don't tell me Isabeau's a fujoshi

People joked about it, but Apocalypse made it canon.

You would want to be neutral. Enjoy doing that without a guide.
I did it the first time, but only because I'm an indecisive faggot. I guess it's true what they say about neutralfags.

>this will never happen

Rock punching is turkish, not anime:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0k-80n-zI

Also if you are a weeb, like IV and buy IV:A, it's obvious which choice let's you keep your pals.
I'm a little disappointed that it seems to be the most popular one though.

I'm finally over it.

I really only blame myself for not realizing Nintendo would ruin it.

I let my guard down when Hyrule Warriors turned out okay, and Bayonetta got out fine, but I really should have seen it coming.

Chaos route is better but based Walt turns into an AYYLMAO and Johnny boy gets some nice tits so remember that.

Tactics Ogre LUCT masterfully baited people with this.

People find out Ravness is exclusive to the Law route online and figure hey should be easy. Then when given the choice between slaughtering the elderly or not, they choose no, because hey, law means good right, and then find themselves on the chaos path.

Who could have thought that a knight that swore allegiance to a lord disobeying orders and breaking an oath due to his internal code of ethics was chaotic?

Oh wait...

Thanks for spoiling the plot, asshole

Are goddesses bad or something? I haven't seen a single goddess yet, wonder why SMT is called true girl goddess or something to that extent.

I like going in blind man. I think if I don't change my choices, I will be locked into Chaos.

I do wish the power of friendship trope was used less in my weeb games. I mean, I don't want to kill my friends, but it's not like a strong friendship can overpower omnipotence or something.

Jonathan gets a sex change on Chaos??

>masterfully baited
Indeed.

Don't listen to the son of man, Law is the only good choice.

He gets a sex change no matter what the route, well it's more a race change. You can't save Walter or Jonathan no matter what.

I have no idea what they were thinking putting in a diagram from a Lego manual as a demon

His name?

>Record Scratch

>belt-strap

I believe they specifically call those boot-straps.

On the Law side you kill ALL of them
And yourself

>SMT IV
>Gritty
It's basically a lighter and softer version of the the original games.
Everyone's cheerful and full of hope, everything can be solved and the central conflict isn't really that despair inducing.

I love IV, but it's basically the saturday-morning cartoon version of SMT.

The old ones were pretty anime too. The general style in anime was just different in those days.

Man, that was so shit.

Will we ever get a law route on the level of SMT II ever again?

In that case, i want that old anime style back.

It spoils the horrible new demon designs, sure.