ITT: dead franchises you'd like to see resurrected

ITT: dead franchises you'd like to see resurrected

C'mon, BaNam, stop with the musou shit for a day to bring out a new klonoa.

Who currently own the rights for Shadow hearts?

>In the style of first
Yes.
>In the style of Covenant
God no.

Aruze presumably held on to it when they were absorbed by the Japanese wing of Universal.

seeing how it got shitter and shitter after each game it deserves to die

Covenant was fine but I agree I'd rather see one done in the style of the first again. The gritty areas like the cannibal town at the start were perfect.

>mfw Shadow hearts 1 is berserk while covenant is post idolmaster berserk

Arx Fatalis.
Arkane Studios is still active, and developing Dishonored 2, but I don't really like the Dishonored series. I want an Arx 2, and a Dark Messiah 2.

>Aruze
[email protected]

Time to start bombarding them with emails.

In before Shadow hearts pachinko

While the games were flawed, i do miss the hybrid onfoot/mech combat of the series along with the weird/goofy charm it had in 2.

Good pick. SH 1 and 2 were great. I played Shadow Hearts 3 recently and couldn't believe how horrible it was, but it was queer because the reason it was bad was 100% the story. The mechanics side was better than it had ever been in the series. All they needed was less shitty writers.

My pick is Phantasy Star. There hasn't been a single player Phantasy Star since fucking 1994. That's absurd, this was a series that people loved and the last game in the series was one of the best JRPGs of all time. Why the fuck did they stop making these?

LP2 was the peak of the franchise, too bad LP3 put it in the ground.

When boxing is popular again I guess

EA will probably shit on it tho.

>Why the fuck did they stop making these?

Because MMORPG.

Dino Crisis. I's just crazy enough to work again today. We'll all conveniently forget the last one happened.

Shadow Hearts was never that good. The first one is above average, true, the second one has terrible uninteresting characters and ends up being a generic save the world story, and I don't even know how to describe the third game. Some franchises should stay dead.

They do have excellent side content though, the kind that would be sold though DLC nowadays.

The original director who made Koudelka and Shadow Hearts 1 didn't do Covenant or FTNW. He also considers FTNW a spin-off and 3 was never made. He would've had Yuri's and Kurando's fathers be the protags of 3 as well.

Also the guy is doing a new game, but I've got no idea what it is.

Armored Core

SH1 was a 7/10 game at best. The characterization and setting were good, but the story was a bit special and the graphics, game mechanics etc. were literally PS1 tier.

SH2 was mechanically and graphically much better, but had the problems you mentioned.

Oh come on. Covenant was really good.

Its only achievement prior to online games was being the most competent JRPG series on systems that had none.

The elder scrolls. That's a shame that game died at oblivion

Fuck you. PS4 super holds up. It's one of the few games from that era that I regularly replay because it's just good and well designed. And PS1 was groundbreaking when it came out. It hasn't aged well, but when PS1 came out, it was a legit candidate for the best JRPG that existed at the time.

>dem white knee highs
hnnnnnnnggggg MUH DICK

Klonoa 2 was a fucking 10/10

The game looking like it belonged on an original Play station was half the charm

>resurrected
why? The 3 games were great. You know damn well a modern version/reboot of an old jrpg series would be weeaboo shit with a highschool setting.

>Its only achievement prior to online games was being the most competent JRPG series on systems that had none.

I think it was more a case of an amazing trilogy of JRPGs stuck on a system that largely made people forget about it.

I find it funny because SH1 was made due to the director not wanting all JRPG's being Weeaboo shit.

Honestly, the only good thing about Covenant was the doll and her dresses.

Phantasy Star had its setting going for it when it came out, simply because Sega was the first to make a game about magic demons in the future instead of medieval or present times.

There is nothing groundbreaking about aping Wizardry with an anime waifu protagonist.

Bully is another Rockstar series that's dead
Pandemic is dead

Considering what they did with the third (fourth if you include Koudelka) entry I want it to stay dead in the gutter than get dumped on even more.

I'd like a new dot Hack series.
Fuck off shithead

t. i never played phantasy star before

How dare they make the gameplay the best in the series!!

I played PS2 before you were old enough to touch a console, and the first game on GBA later.

While completely shitting on the setting, characters and story. Wew lad, really good trade. Apart from that, the third had the least interesting fusions and fusion mechanics of all the 3 games.

>While completely shitting on the setting, characters and story.
How did they shit on any of these things when the setting was completely different countries in completely different time period? I say they captured the setting quite well.

But hey, I guess you are one of those absolute fuckheads who think they should have forced a completely unnecessary story out of Yuri when he's story was done.
>Wew lad, really good trade.
Your opinion is worthless. The gameplay was better, fact.
> the third had the least interesting fusions
awww the poor baby got Native American folklore instead of le edgy demons boo hoo. How dare they not just make an exact clone of everything!

Do they stil make Crash Bandicoot or Spyro games? If not, bring it back ASAP.

The first games were about dark atmosphere and real creepy weird shit. Especially the first, Covenant already dumped on that with a few things, but the third took this shit to a whole new level. It's just your average boring jRPG now.

Nice projecting there, brah. I never said they should have forced more out of Yuri. His story is over.

My opinion is worthless because I told you in a round about manner that you're a retard simply because you're a retard? Gott'cha!
Exactly, they dumped on the previous setting, they dumped on that thing, that made the previous games interesting. There's nothing wrong with the Native American stuff and fusions, but it just pales in comparison to the like 9 different fusion elements (and their upgrades) you had in the previous games. Covenant also had new fusions (the Japanesey fusion of Kurado) but didn't dump on the other things. The gameplay was only marginally better than the previous games, and definitely wasn't worth the sacrifices they made for it.

You know, you want to come of as some super mature guy while demonstrating how immature I am for not wanting change, but you did that in the most retarded and inefficient way possible.
It's not me saying that everything new is inherently bad, it's you "arguing" that everything from the old games is inherently bad and only new stuff is worth the while.
You "argue" like a little kid trying to play adult.

Wasn't it being developed for PS1, but got shifted to the PS2 or something? or am I confusing it with another game?

>The first games were about dark atmosphere and real creepy weird shit.
baaaawww it's not the same!!!!
>My opinion is worthless
It sure is since you just cry that a sequel isn't a clone and American in the 30s isn't the same as Europe in the 10s. Boo hoo.
>The gameplay was only marginally better
Better is the keyword here.
>insert pathetic psycoanalysis here
Nah, you are just a fuckhead crying that something isn't the same. I didn't say anything about only new stuff is worth the while, I just don't say new stuff is always bad because it's not the same as old stuff like a faggot.

You "argue" like a bitch who knows he is wrong but can't help himself.

Chrono
The Bouncer
Threads of Fate
Legend of Mana
Front Mission
Parasite Eve
Saga
Dark Cloud
Rogue Galaxy
Suikoden
Breath of Fire
Grandia
Wild Arms
Shadow Hearts

I'd rather revive the dead waifu

TimeSplitters was too good for this world.

Shout outs to RE:Outbreak and Metal Gear Online 2

no one cares

You cared enough to reply :^)