Final Fantasy XIV

Let's talk XIV.

How has your 50-200 Palace of the Dead experience been?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIXkreUOlBY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i died on floor 100

>Queue for floor 50+
>No healer
>Just leave

I know it's possible to do without healer but the chance of it working out while playing with random shitters is so low.

>being this much of a shitter that you need a healer
m8 this place is fucking designed so that one person can get through this shit. If you can't even get through with 4 non healers then you should include yourself in the same group as the shitters your complaining about

Any cool new exclusive stuff in the new PotD ala Samsonian/Queen hairstyle?

You have to go back

No

A Night Pegasus mount, maid chocobo barding and a Wind-up Edda minion.

Lame

>wanting to shut down a videogame thread instead of all the Sup Forums, pepe, anime and eceleb threads up right now

There's also replica Allagan gear in the sacks, along with crafted Primal weapons. I've gotten crafted Bismarck/Ravana weapons in the gold sacks, so RIP crafters.

>Others are breaking the rules so i should be allowed to do so too

Jannies, do your fucking job or find someone to do it for you

>have a monk as a de-facto tank in potd
>at floor 96
>he decides to jump into 3 fucking enemies at the same time and wipes us
why are people so dumb

Dear newfag,

Mods have been ok with XIV threads on Sup Forums for ages now since the /vg/ thread is full cancerous ERP'ers that care about nothing else besides text sex.

>not letting him die on his own or just picking up 1 monster

why are there so many shitters on this board?

1-3 Finish leveling AST
4-6 Level a DPS
7-9 Level a Tank
0 Quit and buy WoW

healer agro

Enjoy your queue times, user.

>play trial
>fucking love it
>can't stop playing
>play every chance I get
>After the trial is over I'm at Lv. 35 Pug and Lancer
>Become Monk
>buy the game
>keep playing
>get to Coerthas
>whoa this is amazing
>keep playing a lot, suddenly headaches start kicking in
>relax, start playing less, maybe like 1-2 hours a day
>still getting headaches when I play
>headaches are so frequent they start about 20 minutes into my playthrough
>can't even play anymore
>stuck at mid 40s because of this

Why,

What's even going on with this game, why is it suddenly straining my eyes so much?

Are they immune to sleep or something?

1-2 Monk
3-4 Dragoon
5-6 Ninja
7-8 BLM
9 Mech
0 Bard

>Source:my ass

Theyve just given up because deleting yoir autistic threads is a fulltime job

I havent played since the end of HW. All my friends left Balmung and I sorta have an itch to get back into it. I just don't know. I miss my FFXIV adventures.

All those flashy monk attacks. Try turning off some of the attack effects in the menu

I've been thinking about getting back into xiv from wow, but I play WoW with my brother and wouldn't want to force him to get a new game.

pretty much everything past 90 is except the dogs

So tell me about Ninjas...

You kill things. And throw me Goad.

>Beating the floor 100 boss solo

I legitimately would like to see any evidence this is possible.

What's the fastest to craft this week for blue scrips? I need some scrips for crafting Priestly Omelettes.

Maybe u need glasses?
Something similar happened to me, I would get massive headaches while playing wow for an hour and this didn't happen with any other game. It turns out that all those fucking numbers on the screen plus the fact that my vision had worsened lead to insufferable pain.
Got new glasses and never suffered again

In my experience those items have never been that great for crafter profits. They're easy as fuck to make, it's just getting the materials.

Give people some time to get to +99 gear and it should be doable, stack some intuition pomanders on some self healing class and I'm sure you're good to go.

who relic 260 already? My server has some people already

>Geting Primal weapons in PoTD
>RIP crafters

Fucking how? Crafters don't actually want to craft those. If you see something like that being sold it's just because crafters got the materials and said "lmao maybe I'll craft one".

See this fucking sample.

In my experience it hasn't been the boss damage so much as dealing with the dozens of adds he shits out.

>just bought my moogle book for 5 mil
>crafted primal weapons drop from potd now

Here are your fucking primal weapons that have been in the MB for months.

No one buys it. Crafters just craft it just because they can. No one expects this shit to sell.

I might have the name wrong but the pomander that transforms you into kuribu, it totally annihilates the mobs, if you kill them normally they get up everytime, if you use kuribu they stay dead for real till he summons more, if you time your pomander usage they won't be a problem.

>I just crafted the sch one this weekend
>not used yet

Should I sell it??

is the anima weapons worth going through or not really as of right now.

>can't do matched for 100+

Way to ruin the point of potd

god forbid you try to group up with people in an MMO

That's nice to know now.

I'd love to group up with people but the fucking game won't allowed matched parties.

have you tried talking to anyone on your server? at all?

you know, like an MMO?

I just want to play a game with other people I don't want a fucking boyfriend, okay? Maybe you like to ERP or some shit but I'd just like to enjoy the game.

>set up a PF for a group to do 100+
>get to around 140 and call it a night
>schedule to do it today
>one guy says nah i'm busy and said he removed his save

Great fucking job Yoshi, could be solved if you just kept matched party.

>The new sacks from PotD still drop fireworks

hwat

101-150 aren't even hard, you get to 99/99 extremely quick and then they turn into faceroll. 151+ is where you need to be careful, pull one at a time, use interrupts or you'll get monkey trouble or Level 5 Death or some spooky shit on you in no time, but before 150...

I honestly don't understand why they thought locking you into the same party for 150 floors (8-12 hours) is a good idea. There's no reason we should have to go through faceroll normal mode to attempt the hard mode. Going back to 101 would've been enough.

how hard are the florrs 100+ from PotD?

increase the font size of the text

Yeah, just take out all player interactions and social aspects of my single player mmo

>Another fucking recolour

Tell me it at least has Palace music?

youtube.com/watch?v=bIXkreUOlBY

Fog of Phantom song from Tactics Ogre was FUCKING INCREDIBLE in this patch.

100-150 is the exact same as 1-50, except you have mobs with bloated stats that kill you fast.

150+ has boss mobs casually running around in the halls with instakill aoes and whatnot.

It doesn't, it just has the normal flying mount music.

I feel old doing this but it's too comfy to stop

how to play WAR? like opener and order to use skills for maximum damage etc?

151+ floors look cool as fuck.It actually looks like some kind of otherworldly depths of hell even if it's frozen over

Keep Eye up at all times unless you need aggro fast.
Never waste stacks unless you need IB for defence.
Fracture is only good with buffs up (berserk, trick, hypercharge etc).

I'd love to interact with players but it doesn't let me do a matched party.

Unless you feel it's a somehow greater experience just trying to get a fucking group together instead of instantly grouping up with people of a similar interest, who if they at the last minute go, 'Oh wait I should do something else first', they can leave and not hinder you in the slightest.

I just want to go in, kill some shit, chat/joke around and have fun. What's your problem with this?

are there any videos?

Not that I've seen, but I've cleared up to 140 yesterday with my FC. Bosses are exactly the same, just bloated hp/damage.

I heard there was some streamer that wiped on floor 196 though

>all that time and new potd weapons are just reused models

I'd be less mad if they'd went with better looking weapons. Warrior axe looks like something you'd plough a field with.

Is this the person that was dressed as the c@slut at fanfest? The name sounds familiar.

Doing a quick Google image search got me this. Guess so.

STOP TRYING TO JOIN MY FUCKING SQUADRON REEEEEEEEEEE

EVERY
DAY

THIS HORRIBLE BLUE ASSHOLE TRIES TO JOIN MY SQUAD

AND EVER DAY I KICK HER ASS OUT, AND SHE ALWAYS COMES BACK

SPOILER DAT SHIT

fucking bitch

Don't bully the Sofine.

But she so fiiiine

>That portrait.

More like Saddfine.

>overhaul combat
>only changing cross class skills

Explain this shit

>only changing cross class skills
they never said that's the only change they're making, retard. please look forward to it.

>lvl 42 WHM
>never been in POTD at all
Should I wait until I'm done the story or just start going in POTD immediately?

billy herrington seems like a heaps cool guy

Are you still doing the main quest? If so don't bother its good for leveling at classes or at cap for gear currency.

Why so many women play ff14? I don't like women in my mmo (no homo)

>Subscription game
>Has a cash shop

What's wrong with that, exactly?

"B-but it's for aesthetic items only!"

I'm baffled as to why I'm still subbed to this shit. It's easily one of the most boring MMOs I've ever played, the only challenge I've faced thus far is dealing with drooling retards in DF/RF, and the story/setting are bland and I've already forgotten half the plot.

Only thing I remember vividly is my character charging across a bridge with Alphinaud and tossing Nidhogg's eyes off it. Because... jesus christ... why the fuck...

I think this'll be my last month, lads.

Can't survive/Jew on subscriptions alone so they have to milk MMO whales as much as possible.

ok user, see you next month!

What's good dps for a SMN at ilvl 245 with a 240 weapon? I hit 1900 in a 3 minute dummy parse

>pay $15 a month to play a game you paid full retail price for
>and then pay again for items that should just be in the game
Not that guy but no one should unironically defend the cash shop for FFXIV

>the only challenge I've faced thus far is dealing with drooling retards in DF/RF

Honestly the most fun the game has to offer. You can keep your 3 weeks of wiping to A11S before getting it on farm, I prefer the groups that are fucking retarded as fuck but still manage to pull dumb shit off.

Tanks running around in a circle making them cleave the whole group? Awesome.

DPS doing autoattack damage? Perfect!

Healers casting a huge AoE heal, grabbing massive aggro and then eating shit? Nothing better.

Why do you care about them milking MMO whales? The more money they earn, the better. As long as it doesn't give anyone an advantage, they should be able to do whatever they want.
It shouldn't be in the game, because they earn more money like this. There's a lot of problems with the game, but lack of clothes so fags and women can play dress-up isn't one of them.

Yupp. Pretty sure it's that maiderp cockslut.

Lots of girls like Final Fantasy

I don't play constantly, but I do resub every now and again as the urge strikes me. NIN is too fun, and I want to pick up DRK so I have a tank at 60 as well.

Right now I'm grinding lancer for Blood for Blood and I want to die.

uhh they're Narutee I guess....

user, kill yourself

>need to do my roulette
>started leveling healer
>nervous as fuck
>can't bring myself to play and get some fucking exp in fear of fucking up

Great reply

We could've stopped this faggotry, Sup Forums, but we didn't, we allowed people to think MMOs should be single-player.

>Expecting story mode dungeons to be hard
Okay mang

NIN has a lot of buttons they need to press, but their rotation is a LOT more flexible than something like DRG

They deal the least damage of the melee DDs, but they also have a monster toolbox that makes them useful in any group.

Mudras/Ninjutsu are a really fun job gimmick and they make you feel like a rad dude when you Suiton>Kassatsu|Trick Attack>Raiton

Your AoE is okay-ish, but it's only through Doton and your shuriken toss, so it's real spammy.

If I go into Floor 101+ with a premade, do I have to run with the same people or others with the same job or can I get different players and jos if I stop and want to continue?