They were so close to making a normal console with a normal controller that could just play good games

They were so close to making a normal console with a normal controller that could just play good games

and then they fucked it all up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nPtLOEh6h80
afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2016/11/01/worldwide-tablet-sales-fall-nearly-15-percent-year-over-year?utm_source=adeng_news&utm_medium=tickerbar&utm_campaign=englishNews
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i understand your concern. but do we really need another company for that? 2 companies are already doing that are they are worse than PC.
While Nintendo has the only first party IPs worth a damn, there just isnt a lot of room for it to be just the same but Nintendo. 3 consoles doing the same thing and worse than a computer is not great.
Id rather some other company be the gimmick but thats just not the way it is sadly

Holy shit how fucking boring that would be. I'm so sick of video games give me something new.

Except they did. Just don't remove the tablet and it's just a pure console with a regular controller.

Put it in the dock and play games u queer. Otherwise just play ps4bone

fucked it up... and made something truly awesome that I'm actually excited for.

Sorry you don't get your boring piece of shit, user.

My switch reveal reaction:"ΑΛΛΗ ΜΙΑ ΟΜΟΡΦΗ ΜΕΡΑ ΚΑΙ Ο ΗΛΙΟΣ ΚΑΙΕΙ ΣΑΝ ΠΟΥΣΤΗΣ"

i do not give a fuck if it is a portable system

I give a fuck about it having nes or snes like game design where you get rewarded for overcoming challenges in the game your playing or being pretty difficult.

If a game is not challenging there is no purpose to play it and that is the reason why i have not supported nintendo since windwaker.

i want fun games not games you get bored of in 5 minutes

>having 3 companies making overpriced PCs

THIS. Holy fuck how stupid can people be for wanting a normal, powerful console without gimmicks?!? Christ, dont they remember how boring the 6th gen was? The GC xbox and PS2 Where the same boring consoles! underpowered pc's!
I hate neo-nintendo kiddies so much. SO fucking much. They defend a tablet, a fucking tablet fot fucks sake. There's no saving them. I hope this fails harder than the shit U.
Please nintendo, please come back.

Why do so many people on here just want their new console to be another boring rehash of the xbone/PS4?

This is the first time I've actually been excited for anything by them in a decade, they actually look like they're taking a good risk for once.
If they manage to make good games for it and get that portability aspect down right then it could be a top tier system.

>They were so close to making a normal console with a normal controller that could just play good games

No they weren't. A dying company is a desperate company.

>I hope this fails harder than the Shit U
>hasn't even seen any of the games yet
Classic Sup Forums

It's just shitposting. Half of them will buy it and are false flagging.

Το πλοkάμι του kαρχαρία? btw είμαι Τόkυο kαι τον Ιανουάριο θα πάω στην εkδήλωση της Nintendo να παίξω Switch, u jelly?

Because that's what consoles were about? They introduced better hardware and games were trying to get out of the new hardware as much as possible/needed.
It doesn't help that Nintendo only tries to reinvent the wheel and calls it "INNOVATION" and fanboys/idiots eat that shit up. Just look at the WiiU. The gamepad wasn't a good idea. It wasn't needed for any of its games. Even Miyamoto himself failed to make a game which would actually benefit from the gamepad.

I mean the whole portable console idea might actually be good but Nintendo's history and especially their retarded fans aren't helping them.

>people bitching about the portable aspect too retarded to realize they can easily use it as nothing more than a home console if they want to

Blind people shouldn't post here

it's an underpowered, even by 2011 standarde, tablet. Its a tablet. You will never stop wondering how much better zelda would play and look if it was on a powerful console. Never. Do games like BotW profit more from tablets like the switch or from a console with 6tflops? You tell me. But no, nintendo can do no wrong.

How powerful is the switch?

It's not a tablet.

Eimai jelly alla gia allon logo. Pane pekse me to tablet sou, who gives a fuck. Eimai jelly pou eisai japan. Ti fasi? Thelw kai egw.
Eimei stuck edw stin germania gia profaneis logous.

But they've made the console way less powerful for a feature they don't want?

You can't be so retarded you can't see that, surely?

Fuck off Nintenshill, if I wanted a home console I'd buy a home console. It doubling as both is just another excuse for fucking weak hardware. I'm tired of Nintendo cowering like weak bitches from competing.

>consoles
>new hardware

... that hasn't been true since the ps2.

By the very definition, it is a tablet with an hdmi dock.
They are avoiding the subject. Meaning its not a X2.

Since it's using a Tegra it's somewhere between a 360 and an xbone. And that's when it has proper cooling and doesn't need to throttle.

>complaining about weak hardware
>in 2016
>three generations after consoles just became shit proprietary computers

... you aren't serious

Just get a PS4 pro

>neo-nintendrone
>not retarded
lol. Dont try to argue. Just look what he's defending, a tablet. A fucking tablet. Hod forbid people want a normal console.

Embarrassingly weak, basically just a portable Wii U.
So it's about as strong as a low end pc from 2004.

Except you can.

You can literally leave it in the dock, use the pro controller and it'll 100% be like a normal console without gimmicks.

That's the point of it you fuck. You can use it however you want.

>le bad pcs meme
Yeah, again, by that logic, the ps2, gc and xbox are the same console.
Faggot.

But "normal console" means "crippled PC with shitty software."

>Why can't there be a third system that does the exact same thing as the first two with no difference

Tard senses...tingling...

A normal console with a normal controller would not have sold well. Mid-way through the console generation, most consumers have already made their choice of primary gaming platform. Given Nintendo's history of having trouble bringing in 3rd party mutliplats/exclusives to their consoles, the Switch NEEDED a gimmick in order to stand out from the crowd and excite consumer who might already own a PS4/XBone so that they might be enticed to buy one despite already investing in another dedicated gaming device.

Anyone who think that Nintendo would succeed if they just released a straight forward console that's just "The PS4/XBone, but with Nintendo games" AT THIS POINT is fucking delusional.

But at what price? It being weaker than my gpu from 2011?

So if I plug my phone into a tv it will play games as well as two Titans in Sli?

Yes, that is what I am saying. The successful console out of that batch was crippledPC that had the dvd player.

Any console is weaker than your PC.

It uses second generation tegra apparently, so that would put it just under a PS4 afaik

This again.
for the 3rd time in this thread. Read

So stronger than an xbone?

Source?

>please read this post that does not contradict or counter your assertion

... you seem to have mental retardation, my simple friend.

Games, GOOD exclusive games is what makes a console.
All of the worthwhile exclusives games on the wii u, will be completely emulatable in 3 months. Why? because its hardware is weak shit. Just like the switch.

>Any console is weaker than your PC.
Show me a PC as good looking as Uncharted 4

They pretty much were though with the exception of different first party titles (which is what the Switch needs to set it apart from the xbone and PS4 since their first party lineups are severely lacking, and I say this as a PS4 owner).

>tfw everytime you see the controller you can only think of the switchdog lewds

youtube.com/watch?v=nPtLOEh6h80
not the clearest comparison video sadly as the Tegra X1 clip was captured on film in an Nvidia conference, but at worst it's a little weaker than a PS4. Keep in mind there's no confirmation on what Tegra CPU the Switch specifically is using, it could be better or worse than the one shown in this comparison clip.

>all these baseless assumptions

>way less powerful
In portable mode, the games are obviously not gonna look as good and run as well. When it comes to docked mode however, we don't know the full specs yet so until then you're full of shit.

>It doubling as both is just another excuse for fucking weak hardware.
Do you have the full specs? Didn't think so. Don't talk out of your ass so early.

You are the one who is defending a tablet that nintendo baptized as a console and i am the retraded one? Ok Lass.
Every console is just a crippled PC. The exclusives dont matter. It doesnt matter that buying a genesis and snes was like buying a whole different gaming world. Because they were the same consoles. Just like the ps2 and the gc.
Wake up sheeple.

>Games, GOOD exclusive games is what makes a console.

And a console only obtains such by having an installbase that dwarfs the competition.

Which hasn't happened since the wii. and the wii got nothing but shit.

In reality, exclusivity is simply a measure of how well a publisher feels a game can sell, as console manufacturers buy exclusivity.

so, basically, there is no source for any of the things any of those anons said

competing with fucking what? they rule the japanese market. they want to bring home consoles and handhelds into one system to further capitalize on this.
their DS line alone has sold over 200M devices. you can't ignore this.

AT THIS POINT I'D DEFEND A BUTTPLUG FOR EIGHT YEAR OLDS IF IT WAS SOMETHING REMOTELY DIFFERENT

Switch uses Tegra X2

The Switch's gimmick isn't one that influences how a game is designed. It's a portable that becomes a console when docked, you aren't forced into waggle touchscreen bullshit. The controller is segmented, but functions just as a traditional controller would when it's snapped together. It even has pro controllers if you can't handle the shape.

All 7th gen consoles sold roughly the same. And the GC had a good ammount of masterpiece exclusives.

>When it comes to docked mode however, we don't know the full specs yet
It's just a charger

Ah, we're revising history now. Good job.

diakopes as poume, an kai kapoia stigmi 8a prepei na to kanw pio monimo...

>Tablet sales drop more every year
>Let's make our next console a tablet...AGAIN!

afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2016/11/01/worldwide-tablet-sales-fall-nearly-15-percent-year-over-year?utm_source=adeng_news&utm_medium=tickerbar&utm_campaign=englishNews

This, they're actually playing smart with this thing unlike the Wii U and making it easier to develop for.

I don't know why people don't get that.

I will never play my Switch on the go. I'll use it like a PS4 or any other home console. With the Pro Controller, too, not with the default one.

So why am I happy that it is a hybrid and also part handheld?
Because it means it has a great chance of getting a lot of good franchises such as Monster Hunter.

Which I can then play on my big TV with proper controls. When normally they'd only put those games on pure handhelds anymore.

That's why I think the Switch is awesome.

no, they were just shitposting.

Never believe anyone on this site unless they source their claims - the more they attempt to support their claims with sources, the more likely they are to be speaking truthfully (rather than just flamebaiting or shitposting).

There's no evidence to support this. Like I said, we don't actually know what Tegra CPU the Switch is using, it could be better or worse than what was shown in that youtube comparison video. All Nvidia said was that it's a "Custom Tegra Chip".

>but do we really need another company for that?

Do we really need another company that will give us a tablet when there are ipads and other tablets out already?

>Because it means it has a great chance of getting a lot of good franchises such as Monster Hunter.
Should we tell him?

Geia pes Lad. Pos einai ekei h kathimerinotita? O kosmos? Den perimeno to openess ton ellinon, aplos pes mou oti den einai cold.

>How powerful is the switch?

Max output 720p. Most smartphones can do 4k.

so its bad because its not just a flat console and its bad because its just like tablets

>Most smartphones can do 4k.
name 5 4k smartphones.

t. guy who thinks higher resolution = better

Can't wait to watch a movie on my 16k resolution samsung galaxy s11

my 486 could output 4K.

>Most smart phones can do 4k

Did you just blatantly try to lie to me?

>he thinks resolution directly correlates to power
please don't ever talk about technology

>4K on a smartphone
Literally a meme that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with because of the small screen

Also it's 720p on the tablet end

Tablet sales are dropping because they're all shit.
They were only relevant when phones were crippled with iPhone 3in dick screens so you needed a tablet to actually do anything on the go enjoyably.
Now that phones are all 6in people don't need a second slightly bigger phone that doesn't make calls, plus the fact that iOS and especially Android are some of the worst designed pieces of shit for tablet UI and functionally. You could also add in the fact that there aren't even any good tablets made anymore save for a handful of efforts, everything is all cheapo $60 Amazon garbage which again people don't want.
The switch would actually offer something people can't do on their phones anywhere near as well.

Can your GPU from 2011 play games exclusive to a console you don't own?

Not to mention touch-screen laptops with full keyboard/mouse functionality and about a hundred times more power.

trying to do anything on a tablet is like pulling teeth.

... yes? emulation?

>portable mode

Hahahahahah wow

Name ONE (1) console game in the history of console games that allowed even a single graphical option

Go ahead, I'll wait

Sweet, how're you enjoying Bloodborne and Xenoblade Chronicles X?

touch screen tablet sales are down because things with more functionality are replacing them.

To say, they was a maymay and people are realizing that.

daxei, o kosmos einai opws 8a perimene kaneis panw katw, iapwnes, ws touristas den xerw ti allo na pw

afto pou mou ekane entypwsi einai oloi oi antres (?) pou kykloforoun me vgalmena frydia, kanei bam

h ka8imerinotita... einai akrivi
episis den prokeitai na ksanaparw "konbini bentou", ka8e fora pou efaga apo kombini perasa to apogevma stin xestra...

telpan paw na tin pesw twra, einai mesanyxta kai ksypnaw prwi

So how's Bloodborne?

Worst girl

xenoblade x is almost running at 100% probably in a month from now. Cemu is based.

>not keeping it in the dock and playing with a regular Pro controller

I've made my peace.

>eine mesanuxta
yo kalo bradi Lad.

3DS games perform better on N3DS than they do on O3DS.
Not that guy so I don't give a shit about what he said about 'looking better' but there is a precedent for Nintendo games performing differently based on hardware.
If the shitty framerate in the BOTW clip in the trailer is anything to go by, it'll probably run better when the console isn't underclocked for portable mode.
Meanwhile even running in portable mode, it looks as good as it does on Wii U.

3DO company would leave the graphics settings menus in console ports for some ungodly reason.

>tegra
>as powerful as a PS4

try WiiU

Midway through the console generation a console needs a gimmick to sell?

What's the gimmick of ps4.5 and Xbox pro?

Also why buy into this paradigm of console generations when a company can just release a console whenever it wants?

>What's the gimmick of ps4.5 and Xbox pro?

4k, which is a huge gimmick

No reply huh? Aight neo-nintendrone. Have fun with your, for a third time in a row, underpowered as shit """"console""""

see y'know, the video I was referencing in that post?

Nuthin' personnel kid

>buying consoles for specs
>even caring about specs of a console

>reasons to buy a console
exclusive games I can't play elsewhere
>reasons not to buy a console
everything else

>they were so close to making another boring memedevice that plays games they might as well have released on PC instead
Why do you people want console gaming to die?
What is the point of consoles, devices specifically designed to play games on, if their design does not include something original and innovative that you cant just plug into a PC anyway?
What reason do you have to spend money on a 400$ computer that does maybe 2% of what a PC of the same price can do and nothing else?

how does gamepad input work in CEMU?
does CEMU have netplay?