>AMD CPU

>kickstarter
lol enjoyed getting scammed

>can play any game that has gamepad accessibility
can't emulate M+KB? that's pathetic

>kickstarter
>mobile

implying faggots
I do most of my gaming on a pc and I own more games on steam than I've ever owned on any other format put together, but I still recognize that 90% of the steam library is pure shit

There are two things that stand in the way of devices like this:

Only AMD is capable of making the AMD64+modern GPU combination that this kind of system needs, and they won't have a Zen/Vega SOC till next year. The current chip is going to be fairly slow

Since AMD is the only potential source you have to deal with the quality of their Linux GPU driver which has only just gotten OpenGL 4.5 support with the Mesa 13 release, and the RadV driver for Vulkan support isn't yet up to speed.

They say 2000+ game in reference to the 2800 native Linux games now on Steam, but its questionable how many of those games will really perform well on this device when games like Deus Ex Mankind Divided coming out for Linux tomorrow have very high system requirements and can't offer AMD support yet at all (due to Ubuntu being 6+ months behind with the AMD drivers).

>kickstarter
Oh boy here we go again.

>portable games

You make the brazen assumption I leave the house more than once a week.

>DIS IS GREAT

fucking nerds. This shit looks like the fucking game gear, and looks even larger.
All those beta cucks probably buy hats on team fortress as well.

Vita looks better, desu.

>garbage trackpads
>that button placement
>no D-pad, only one control stick

>1,950 shitty indie trash titles and about 50 absolute garbage AAA console ports
Yeah, no thanks. Sage.

this 2bh steam is ultra shit imagine playing PCuck games on this shit.

Is this more streaming memes or an actual handheld?

This one seems to be better ergonomically though. And doesn't look too bad either. A normal d-pad is sold separately though, and I'm not sure if it even supports another stick. Probably does.

Everyone and their mother will have one of these ina couple of years, I'm sure :)

Valve/steam can die in peace now

>kikestarter
>PC

next ouya

>literally no games
vs
>2000 functional games

Sorry. Not the same thing.

>8GB RAM Memory
>RAM
>Memory
Really makes you think.

It would be an actual handheld if it ever is actually released. Whether it could run more demanding games well is an open question, but it would be better than a device like the Pyra since it has a amd64 cpu and a better gpu.

The big problem is that unlike the Pyra the people running this have a poor track record on delivering.

LOL

>access to thousands of games I already have and can (and I'd rather) play on my PC
Impressive. Call me when it can play games that are exclusive to the Switch.

If the price point were low enough and they fix that fucking control layout, I might be tempted. I mainly want to play older and indie games for PC anyhow.

Even if I had the money to spend on a decent PC, I simply don't have the space in my apartment for an appropriate battlestation. The Steambox is dumb, and good laptops are expensive and unbuildable. PC gaming is going to have to become more flexible and more affordable in order to keep a relevant market share in the next few years.

>sell this
>make capital
>use capital to make another version with better functionality
>sell it
>make capital
>sell it
>make capital
>sell it
>make capital
>sell it
>make capital
>sell it
>make capital
>sell it
>make capital

if the track pads are anything like on steam controller they'll be great

>2000 good games
vs
>2000 indieshit garbage games
Not the same thing.

>tfw love the wii but fucking hate dobson

Sage goes in all fields Sup Forumsro!

>Steam Controller
HAHAHA no.

>The Steambox is dumb

Microsoft has no incentive to make it easy for OEMs to sell cheap prebuilt gaming PCs, they want to force users into the Xbox ecosystem. So they'll never make it possible for systems as cheap and as powerful as the Xbox to be built by OEMs running Windows.

SteamOS may seem dumb today, but its the only potential path forward for PC gaming to survive in something approaching its current form. As time goes on the hardware power of cheap SOC based systems is only going to increase and the sacrifices Dell made with their Alienware Steam Machine that lead to non-upgradeability and a higher price will no longer be necessary. Imagine something like an AMD64 Raspberry Pi and you'll understand why SteamOS ultimately makes sense.

xd

What do you live in? A tool shed?

as a PC gamer this will probably be shit, really shit

or huge

Sorry, did you say you love DOBSON?

2000 games that work with your bullshit my motherfucker I fuck your dick

But no. Your entire Steam Library is available. 2000 games that are verified, by release they estimate near 4500

>my motherfucker I fuck your dick

>no d-pad

Yea lets just throw away the greatest input for platformers and most "indie" games.

I can't wait to play Half Life 2 again in 320p and 10 fps!

I sure as hell aint kickstarting this
>250000 goal
>for a fucking console
fuck no

however if it comes out and it's ok I might buy one

>Winners don't play on smartphones!
Why the fuck not faggot?

>people complaining about indieshit

sure there's plenty of garbage, but looking at the list there are some actually good games
-dustforce
-nectrodancer
-risk of rain
-ss2
-shadow warrior redux
-sw old republic 2
-baldur's gate/icewind dale
-shovel knight
-mark of the ninja
-stardew valley

and all of these can run on a toaster

Because they play on desktop PC

I do as well, but I'm not home 24/7.

>bg/iwd with gamepad
That's even more dumb than the tablet version.

steam... hardware...

k.

>uses ancient shitty CPU architecture paired to a GPU that loses to a R7 250X
>false advertising out the ass (it'll play "any AAA game natively (10K games out of the box)", yeah sure)
>15 watt SoC running a big ass 1080p screen for minimum battery life and housefire thermals
>preordering unproven hardware in general
I've been laughing at this shitfest from the start and I'll just continue to do so.

what's the game at 2:23 ?

That's just the number of games available for Linux and their plotting the growth into the future. Its actually a pretty conservative estimate too since Linux is already nearly to 3000 games and this thing is still quite a ways from being available.

Whether or not all those games will actually work with this thing is an open question. In another year or two we might actually have portable SOCs that can make this really work.

Not sure, but they show off a number of games that aren't actually going to be available on it.

Jotun

Thank you

Its funny because its true

still better than no game
>wiiU

>every game on steam has the possibility to run on it
>it's a matter if the machine can run it

Do you not fucking listen?

store.steampowered.com/app/323580/

In that case unlike many of the other games they show it is available for Linux and based on the system requirements will almost certainly run on this thing if its ever released.

You do realize this thing has a very low end cpu (half the Xbone/PS4), coupled with a very low end GPU. Even when games support the OS its an open question of whether they'll run on this system.

By the time it comes out maybe we'll have seen a lot more driver updates like the one the other day that boosted the performance of Borderlands by 70% and see the RadV Vulkan driver up to speed with more Vulkan titles but there's no guarantee of that.

The specs are out there and they aren't too promising. It runs two Excavator modules at 2.1 GHz and the graphics side is roughly equivalent to a mid-high end FM2+ APU, there's no way in hell it's going to stand up on the more graphically demanding titles despite the heavy implications made by the team.

Also the "5 hours of gaming" seems doubtful at best. It's supposed to come with a 10Ah battery, and assuming it has the usual phone-style 3.7V chemistry (which seems very likely considering the bountiful amount of Ah and the slimness of the casing) you'd get roughly 37 Wh out of it. Now consider the fact you're running a 15 watt SoC, a 6 inch 1080p display, a wireless radio and a ton of accessories off it, and you're in some hot water with that claim.

1. you can get it with windows
2. they dont show benchmarks or anything, but it said it's powerful enough to run Metro and Witcher 2 natively so it's no slouch

boilingsteam.com/smach-z-finally-funded-now-what/

They've upped them since the last time I saw them. Last i knew they were using 4 jaguar cores and GCN 1.0. Two Excavator modules and third-gen GCN is more encouraging. That means that they'll already be using the new AMDGPU kernel module and won't have to wait for RadV.

They still face the problem though that most of the more demanding games won't run well on it, at least not until they get updates to use Vulkan.

>1. you can get it with windows

Kind of defeats the purpose, and adds to the price which makes it not as attractive.

>Metro and Witcher 2

Both are Linux native and run well on recent versions of Mesa so this being able to run them at 720p isn't that far fetched. I was thinking about more demanding Linux games though like Alien Isolation, Mad Max, and Deus EX MD

the only reason id get this is to stream games from desktop using steam home stream

There are a lot cheaper devices that could do the same thing, some that are already on the market.

>kikestarter
So Ouya 2.0?

>1080p rather than 720p on a 6 inch screen with low end GPU
For what purpose?

>steam link: $50

Probably because running a game at 960x540 looks better than 640x360.

The benchmarks are out there already, but they are run on an AMD-sourced evaluation kit that's totally equivalent to the final hardware we swear on our mums.

Literally what

Get on it, Xiaomi!

I trust the chinese more than some kikestarter.

They'll probably make a more powerful device for cheaper anyways.

That would depend on when it came out, right now AMD are the only ones who can deliver an AMD64 compatible SOC chip in the kind of performance/watt range you need for a handheld device.

>all those interview clips
>"It's a good idea"
>cuts out right before he was probably going to say "but [...]"

How's their mac book clone? I got shilled by Sup Forums into their phone and well it does its job not like I know any better, its cheap anyway.

>>no d-pad
Why not use the analog stick?

Watching people use the right touchpad as a camera stick is frustrating. You shouldn't have to scroll with your thumb 4 times just to turn the character around.

That looks terrible

Because analog sticks aren't suitable for sidescrollers and fightans.

Why aren't they suitable for fighting games? I would think a stick is better for quarter-circles and Zs and such.

Those "2,000+ verified games" are either indie shovelware or AAA game ports.

Why would I need another machine to play all that?

>Ayyymd
>1gb DDR3 gpu with 64-bit bus
So basically xbox 360 era games at 720p 30-45fps.

As much ad I hate Dobson I can at least appreciate how he doesn't always make the Nintendrone character in the right and the other guy in the wrong like in ALL OF THE DAY BRO

there's some variety

this.

>steam

>how can nintendo even compete

By actually having games worth playing.

Name me 5 PC exclusives worth playing released in the last 2 years

I'll wait

>inB4 indie shit

>By actually having games worth playing
>Nintendo
You're not making any sense.

>b-b-b-but nintendo

Deflection isnt going to save your worthless thread kiddo.

Especially when you cant even list those "amazing peecee exklusifes"

>projecting this hard
I wasn't even the one you replied to, I don't have to list anything.

>Kickstarter

Yeah, thats what I thought, incapable of listing anything.

Well for starters Skyrim is actually on it Lmao, not just bullshots.

>Just found out how to stream games from steam to my phone
>Playing visual novels on my bed

How did you do that?

KinoConsole

>exclusives

>b-b-but skyrim
is not an exclusive, and isnt even good

Can't wait to play games from 2008 at a blazing fast 25 fps.

Here, here's your reply.