Remember when you weren't sperging out about muh level scaling?

>Remember when you weren't sperging out about muh level scaling?
>Remember when you were blown away by the simple things?
>Remember when you could enjoy things?
>Remember when you simply had fun?

When did it go so wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0ygjD04vyU
youtube.com/watch?v=pjbx6-KQoRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When i came here

Oblivion is a fucking piece of shit

I remember a game so bad and bland it made skyrim look like a flawless masterpiece
Oblivioncucks drop it already
the game was,is and will be the worst disgrace to the franchise for a long time
TESO NEVER HAPPENED

Childhood is when you idolize Batman

Adulthood is when you realize that Joker makes more sense

This is the cringiest thing I've read in weeks.

that's being a teenager, man.

Yeah, that was before Oblivion ruined TES.

>people now have entire 9gag mark picture folders for the single purpose of shitposting and baiting
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
SOMEONE STOP IT
PLEASE I BEG OF YOU

I don't, I was complaining about it ever since I hit level 20 or so.

I remember when my Xbox 360 sounded like a jet engine and running the Oblivion disc sounded like I was hitting the afterburner.

I 'membeeer

Even when I was 10 I thought Bethesda's method of level scaling was a retarded fucking idea

tru

The hilarious part, Morrowind has much more strict level scaling than Oblivion, but kids were too immature to realize that.

Off to reddit with you now

Honestly I'm no even surprised they made Skyrim a dumbed down normie adventure game. All the effort they put into Oblivion only to have angry nerds criticise it endlessly. They rejected their old fans and made bank doing it. Just imagine what ES VI will be like.

yeah and then i played the game

I enjoyed this game. Skyrim was a dissapointment and made me think I could never play anything like TESIV again... until I played Enderal.

The whole "hurr every single game was 1000/10 amazing when you were a kid" bullshit is a meme. That, or you people were fucking mentally retarded as kids. Even when I was 7 years old I could find faults in games while being able to rate their overall quality in a fair and balanced way (for a 7 year old) and in no way did I think every game was amazing. I played Oblivion as a teenager when it came out and thought it was more or less a piece of shit, and I was and still am right.

Oblivion's level scaling is the single stupidest thing in any RPG ever. Name another game where you can get weaker by leveling up.

If you didn't understand how fucking shit Oblivion was at 10 years old, you were functionally retarded.

It will be fantastic. Beth games has been improving each release since barely functional Morrowind, dropping idiotic mechanics only spergs care about without remorse. That's why when they did crappy mobile teaser game for F4 google servers almost creaked.

>Morrowind has much more strict level scaling than Oblivion

What the fuck are you even talking bout.

>being 10 years old or younger in 2005

Get the fuck ou-ah god damn it

>Name another game where you can get weaker by leveling up.
Morrowind. Daggerfall. Diablo II.
Actually in daggerfall when ancient liches start spawning you are fucked unless you knew what you are planning with your build.

when I started taking MMO pvp and fighting seriously.

>Just imagine what ES VI will be like.
My guess would be exactly like Skyrim with dragon shouts replaced by another gimmick.

>Morrowind
What the actual fuck are you smoking?

I wasn't a child when oblivion came out so I knew it was shit too

>Morrowind
no
>Diablo II
no
What the fuck are you talking about. The world doesn't scale up to your level in those games, you can't possible become weaker by leveling up.

I'm talking about several monster types disappearing immediately when PC level is more that 4 or 5. Not rats dropping from encounter tables when PC level is 15 like in Oblivion. Say, in morrowind, only bonelords spawn on tombs after certain level unless smaller monster were placed there manually.

Level scaling was a deal breaker for me since Final Fantasy VIII.

Final fantasy VIII

Except you know, it's much more limited than in Oblivion and Skyrim and their stats don't rise along with yours.

So where's the scaling?

>Talents are simplified and some skills are removed
>Horrible armor designs
>Terrible framerate
>FOV at 70 or even lower
>every NPC that is not hostile is essential

I remember doing this things not so long ago. And definitely I was not when I played oblivion.

Where is the scaling you fuck?
That's leveled spawning, enemies almost never scale, very few do and it's only for couple of levels at best.

Fuck off, the problem of Oblivion is Bandits that are level 80 and wear daedric armor AND THAT IS ACTUALLY REAL.
How bad does level scaling have to be to break the lore?

>Talents are simplified and some skills are removed
Nothing wrong with that. More accessible=/=bad
Also mods
>Horrible armor designs
Literally your opinion
Also mods
>Terrible framerate
Worked on my machine
>FOV at 70 or even lower
just type fov 90 in the console??
>every NPC that is not hostile is essential
Not true. Tho many are essential, you can use mods to fix that

Being this much of a slutboi

Dumbfucks, why you always need to be contrarian about things you have no fucking idea about? This is leveled set for tomb spawns in vanilla Morrowind GOTY edition, which I have installed right now. It directly points out that when you are past level 9, the only type of creature that will spawn in tombs are Skeleton Champions and Bonelords. No ancestor ghosts anymore IMMEDIATELY when you are level 3.

Meanwhile Oblivion only start gently dropping creatures from leveled lists once you are guaranteed to one shot them. Also all town guards in Morrowind are leveled to be way above you, so unless you broke the game with one of numerous exploits like fortify pots you should have no chance against bunch of them.

Look at the post he was replying to you stupid cunt.

Oblivion was what went wrong. Skyrim was an improvement in nearly every aspect.

I was like 13 or something but yeah it ruined the game for me too

YOU GREW UP

YOU SEE THE DEVELOPMENT BEHIND THE VIDYA

youtube.com/watch?v=q0ygjD04vyU

You still don't understand the difference between level scaling and leveled spawns.

You didn't seem to get it. I was posting my expectations of TESVI following Bethesda's trend with FO4.

Except for weapon variety, magic variety and viability, quest variety, quests treating you like fucking retards, the abominations of guilds, etc. Blackreach was nice though

So you're saying ignorance is a blessing?

You seem to forget that BGS wasn't very happy with how FO4 turned out.
Even The Todd backed away from it.

No, because I'm not stupid.
>Remember when you were blown away by the simple things?
>Remember when you could enjoy things?
>Remember when you simply had fun?
This is the same thing three times, you can't even come up with something coherent to justify your blind nostalgia.
You're nostalgic about a shitty abortion of a games that makes Fallout 3 and 4 look like fucking masterpieces.

There are like 5 types of monsters which level scale in Oblivion, most of them boss spawns. Meanwhile Morrowind simply has no encounters for characters above level of 20 or so, and they had to do tribunal expansion with goblins who have higher damage clubs then daedric daikatanas to solve it.

I grew numb to all the things I've seen over and over again. Happens to most of us.

I don't, because Oblivion was one of the biggest letdowns in gaming for me. What a piece of fucking shit

But FO3 was great.

Ignorance makes every discovery a wonderment.

Well, let's just hope the go back to the old formula and do an actual RPG instead of the mess Fallout 4 was. I'm still not quite optimistic about it though...

No one will do shitty games on purpose. Well, except for Obsidian because they have no choice but they will probably close after Tranny blunder.

How old are you?

>There are like 5 types of monsters
If by five you mean eight. And that's without including bandits which are the most common enemy in the game.
Funny how you forgot to mention them.

Level scaling is the only way to amp up the challenge to keep the player engaged in an open world game you fucking muffs.
If bandits, wolves, low level daedra are beatable at low levels and don't get any better, then when you're level 28 you're going to be bored as fuck 1 hit killing everything with the difficulty slider all the way up

edge

what if I always liked joker more?

How about actually having high level content?

i member

The only people who claim skyrim is for normies are normies who haven't played any other game in the series.

Yep they should have filled world with lvl 5 hostile hobos which you can kill by looking at them, like ashlanders in morrowind.

I've just started Skyrim for the first time and I'm already 1 hit killing bandits at level 2

>If bandits, wolves, low level daedra are beatable at low levels and don't get any better
Why the fuck would they be? Why does open world mean making all the encounters as homogenous as possible, there is nothing immersive or satisfying about it at all.

Morrowind has no high level content BTW.
If you wanted high level content you had to buy Tribunal or Bloodmoon, which weren't even available until year later. Imagine what would Sup Forums do nowadays if someone did this.

Ignorance also makes you appreciate things that aren't so great.

Found Sup Forums

>Level scaling is the only way to amp up the challenge to keep the player engaged in an open world game you fucking muffs.
Have you played a single TES game? There's no enemy variety and there's also absolutely zero challenge, even for casuals. Level scaling is SUPPOSED to make things balanced, but it ends up further destroying the already wishy washy gameplay loop.

There's a game in the fallout series that does this shit right, but guess what, it wasn't fucking made by bethesda.

I stopped having as much fun when the crippling requirements of working full time and pursuing post-secondary studies killed every single bit of imagination I had and forced me to conform to a linear and non-fiction writing format, while my work helps me confirm every day that humanity as we know it is ruined.

yawn interplay fallouts were games about one shooting everything with crit in eye
opinion discarded

It's almost like Morrowind wasn't about playing a single character forever and encouraged multiple playthroughs.

Are you fucking stupid?

I can assure my IQ is 1.5 of what your is

>Adulthood is when you realize that you must pay for your fucking childs even if they live with her fucking mother...

Been playing games for the last 21 years.

I thought Oblivion was shit right from the jump. Of course I played a lot of cRPGs growing up so Oblivion wasn't my first open world western RPG like it was for a lot of people. Gothic 2 was like 4 years before Oblivion and is better in almost every way except maybe music.

Man I had forgotten all about this. When the game hit loading screens or dropped frame rate I'd stare at my Xbox in abject horror just waiting for sparks to start flying out.

Morrowind was game made by 50 year old LARPing sperg who genuinely believed dialogues have no place in video games because you don't have to actually input the exact phrases you want to say, and team of 20 something smug cunts who tried to stealthily sabotage his work. Most of all, it was the first game of its kind and its flaws are excusable for that. Seriously comparing it with later beth games which are on different tech level and production values is idiotic though.

>I thought Oblivion was shit right from the jump.
That's what your parents feel about you

>I can assure my IQ is 1.5

I believe you

Childhood is when you idolize Batman

Adulthood is when you realize how shitty it must have been for Batman to fight crime at night and run a business during the day. His sleep pattern must have been so fucked up.

in Morrowind it does, from a certain level you'll start encountering monsters such as Golden Saints in the wild.

Oblivion was always shit and anyone saying otherwise is an easily-impressed child

When skyrim came out and sold more than obliv despite being a bland pile of shit

this desu
working midnights is fucking stupid, but i sure do like the extra moolah for doing almost nothing

Oblivion is still the best TES game and the level scaling and all other flaws are fixed by mods.

You can't say the same about Morrowind or Skyrim unfortunately, which is why Oblivion is better.

No

Because I was on Sup Forums when Oblivion came out while you were still in pre-school shitting yourself.

The "oblivion is good" meme needs to fucking die. Just 5 years ago you would have been laughed off the site for having such a shit opinion. Hell, even when Skyrim was first released the consensus on Sup Forums was that it was a better game that Oblivishit. Too bad le cynical brit cancer e-celeb fuckwad + underageb& nostalgia has warped that reality.

Eh? No. I like my superior level of scaling

Bro everyone in this thread talking shit on Oblivion busted fat nuts over it if they first placed it in 2006

@356628635_(You)
Try that shitpost again with less buzzwords next time and you'll get a reply.

>Too bad le cynical brit cancer e-celeb fuckwad + underageb& nostalgia has warped that reality.
...What?

>neo-Sup Forums thinks oblivion was good
>they think toddposting has to do with skyrim and not "see that mountain? you can climb it" oblivion
>they don't remember horse armour
youtube.com/watch?v=pjbx6-KQoRg

You can't defend this level of straight up bullshitting. As bad as No Man's Sky