Okay, Phil. You want to talk? Let's talk

First off, your Patreon. Normally, Patreon is supposed to be a platform where you create unique content for people who want to support your business. It's not a required service for people to keep making videos, but it adds a couple of perks for people.

You managed to turn your Patreon into a GoFundMe page with half-hearted perks no one really takes advantage of. You constantly bombard people with messages about donating to your Patreon, and I'm not just talking about your prestreams. You do it on your Twitter as well. You beg, cry, and grovel for "a dollar a month" as much as you can, and the pledges you get from people are pity pledges because of videos like these.

Self-respect? Dignity? Pride? You have had none of these ever since you started begging. Your pride and determination to keep going with this can only be seen as pathetic and sorrowful. And that is "the bottom line." You've had to accept donations from fans just to keep your "business" going, when it's been dead in the water since 2015. You're beating a dead horse and except it to revive itself, spread wings and fly. You're relying on the good faith of strangers, and not on your own two hands and on your own mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj0N-GJZLMc
youtube.com/watch?v=Th2z0xT-X5s
youtube.com/watch?v=3_MY3BRrE1g
youtube.com/watch?v=3tyVxk0juyI
youtube.com/watch?v=5VOkTBGJbyk
youtube.com/watch?v=-oTBvJYb0Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=9Unbg_9dkFM
youtube.com/watch?v=u8NJeTmroMY#t=30m
youtube.com/watch?v=tk1FMam9yiY#t=39m16s
youtube.com/watch?v=HehkqUuJyV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2i3epDsznQs#t=38m55s
youtube.com/watch?v=myBv7M8eG34
youtube.com/watch?v=aazXmCp-uds
youtube.com/watch?v=cNoFu1Q3wdE#t=1646
youtube.com/watch?v=GwIHqqK0fs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which leads me to the second subject: your business model. You say YouTube is meant to be a platform where people express their talent. You're a guy who plays video games raw. That's not a special talent. Everyone can do that. I can do that. You have no personality whatsoever in your commentary, and whatever flashes of personality you have are short, poor, and bitter, which are things no viewers like. Badmouthing the game. Insulting the developers. Criticizing fan feedback. These are all things you have done over the past, and you have not changed this behavior whatsoever. You can't make a good joke if it meant saving your own hide, which is the situation you're in now.

You say the videos ought to be about the game, like social interactions and discussions over the game are blasphemous to your commentary. Tangents aren't allowed at all. That's not a fun viewing experience. Of course we care about the game, but we ought to care about the gamer as well. If you wanted to do videos just about the game, you can cut your commentary out. And we would not miss out on anything. It would be the same stuff you've been pumping out since you started on YouTube. That's how flat and bland your commentary style is. It's just air. White noise in the background as the game is playing. And that doesn't make the videos that more enjoyable.

And let's talk about your third shortcoming: your stubbornness. Your hubris into believing your method of playing video games will help you win in the long run. Your refusal into thinking your commentary style just isn't working out for you. Well, look where it's got you. Two videos in the same week where you've had to beg for money, one is thirty minutes long, this one being a full hour. Donations from fans just to give coverage and put food on the table. Constant streams where you barely get viewer attendance, resorting into you begging for more.

How long is it going to be until you have to beg for donations for the newest menu item from a Wendy's? A Burger King? A McDonald's? How long do we have to wait until we hear from another video from you stressing that you need help? You're at the mercy of your viewers because of it, a situation not many people would be proud of at all. I know you're not proud of it as well, but that's the situation you're in right now. You've become the internet equivalent of a man in rags holding out a rusted tin can with a sign made out of cardboard saying "Will stream video games for money."

The fact of the matter is, your videos aren't fun anymore. Your KO Gaming channel? You neglected it and isn't getting as many views, because you're so focused on new releases. And even then, your style of commentary doesn't have any life to it. You've made errors to your "informed" opinions when they're shouldn't be any. You're entirely dependent on these new releases to inject some sort of life into your business. You're injecting adrenaline boosts to a dying practice with these things, and they are not lasting long at all. It's going to crash. Hard. And it's not going to be fun. We've seen what happens when you have no new releases out. You made nothing with those games you picked over the summer.

Nice blog faggot

And that brings me to my fourth subject: your promises. You've dropped so many games over the summer because you were angered so much by them. Scarface. Furi. No Man's Sky. Ghostbusters. Those games you just dropped because you had to do coverage on new releases and current events, or because you couldn't be bothered to finish them. And let's not forget the more infamous playthrough you've dropped: Persona 3.

Not only was it in poor taste to quit the game on the final boss, not only was it in bad form to drop a game after four months, but it was a Patreon-funded playthrough. A playthrough all of your Patreon had the power to choose, and they chose that. And you robbed them of seeing a full finish for it, because you got mad. That perk you mentioned about having control? How can they trust you on that when you made a decision like that? "Full Game Playthroughs?" Isn't that false advertising at this point? And don't give me that "Full Game Playthroughs that I like" answer. If that's true, you should've put that in your banner, and in your description. You ripped off your Patreons. And you wonder why you don't get many views anymore. Why you don't get as much attention. Because you've failed your viewers.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj0N-GJZLMc

These videos you're making, begging about how you need to keep going, to continue your "job" to make 15 videos a day with nothing but you making bland commentary? It is not going to last. You've made videos like this in the past, and you're in a worse situation right now. Because you don't change. Because you think you're right. You believe you're right. When you're not. Seriously, Phil, look where you're at now. You've resorted to this. To feeding off of the kindness of strangers. And you're not a better man because of it. You're not a "positive" man because of it at all. This "positivism" you're expressing, your rally cries for optimism? They're delusions. They're you looking at a mirror--literally, since it is a camera--foolishly telling yourself it'll be okay. Does it look okay to you, Phil? Does it honestly look okay? Look at your business, this video of you pleading for help again.

You say if you tried to change, you'd be as worse as Jack Welch. Who fired several employees because he changed his business practices. You don't have any employees, Phil. It's just you, as you like to say. And honestly, I still remember how John and Howard, who were once your friends, talked about how you lied behind their backs, abused their trust, and damaged their friendship because of the actions you did. And they once worked with you. You say you don't want to be like Welch? Honestly, you're closer to him than you think.

this desu

Time to get the fuck back to, town

You want to be better? Be popular again? Have the love of people once more? Change. Grow up. Look at what's not working and what does. Compromise. Combine different ideas. Take apart ideas. Make something different. Step back from your business and look at it. Have a different personality, a different approach. Otherwise, you're going to be homeless. You'll fade away from YouTube with nothing to your legacy. Because honestly, where I'm looking right now, if you keep this up, you won't have a home. Take a break from YouTube, and learn what you can do better. Consider another job if you have to. PandaLee does it. Why not you? What's stopping you? There's no shame in it, not like you have any at this point.

If you want to keep this career, Phil, you need to change. And that is your Hateful Truth.

I like how you are pretending that you're talking to your favorite e-celeb on a website he probably doesn't visit. Doesn't he have a forum? Twitter? a fucking mailbox?
Go whine there you fucking imbecile.

>whining about Patreon

You fag lol jelly that nobody wants to give you money for everything? This shit probably took you an hour to write, what a fucking lame ass you are.

Reminder that DSP is actually based and Sup Forums has been brainwashed by Arin and The Zaibatsu into believing he's an idiot.

Stop being a sheep.

His DNF review:
youtube.com/watch?v=Th2z0xT-X5s

His RE6 review:
youtube.com/watch?v=3_MY3BRrE1g

His Halo 3: ODST review (part 1 of 3):
youtube.com/watch?v=3tyVxk0juyI

His AssCreed Unity review:
youtube.com/watch?v=5VOkTBGJbyk

His 1886 review:
youtube.com/watch?v=-oTBvJYb0Yw

His Evolve review:
youtube.com/watch?v=9Unbg_9dkFM

Calling out Bungie (Destiny) (30:00):
youtube.com/watch?v=u8NJeTmroMY#t=30m

His stance on GamerGate (easily one of the most mature and level-headed I've seen yet) (39:16):
youtube.com/watch?v=tk1FMam9yiY#t=39m16s

Five Nights at Freddy's:
youtube.com/watch?v=HehkqUuJyV8

Nintendo being faggots (38:55):
youtube.com/watch?v=2i3epDsznQs#t=38m55s

Not afraid to call out YouTube on their ridiculously unfair business practices:
youtube.com/watch?v=myBv7M8eG34

Calling out Anita Sarkeesian for being a Professional Victim:
youtube.com/watch?v=aazXmCp-uds

Dropping Truth Bombs regarding Twitch (27:25 onwards):
youtube.com/watch?v=cNoFu1Q3wdE#t=1646

His thoughts on shitty video game reviewers (Revelations 2):
youtube.com/watch?v=GwIHqqK0fs8

Also, as a streamer:

>Does not accept donations.
>No follow/subscriber alerts
>No stream gimmicks
>No facecam
>Keeps circlejerky viewer-interaction to an absolute minimum
>Literally just the video game
>Moved to YouTube streaming because Twitch wouldn't allow him to stream at 1080p/60FPS

DSP's M.O.? Video games. The video games come first, and he as a player comes second. More Lets Players should be like this, but only DSP has the integrity to actually follow through.

If after all this you're still a typical anti-DSP Sup Forums mouth-breather... well, sorry, I tried. Guess you can't save them all.

Is there anything more kino on youtube to watch than the TIHYDP's of GTA 3, VC and SA?

Is this some new level of psychosis????
Advanced autism over a person???
Do you keep a notebook on DPS related stuff??

The little I've seen from his gameplays on games like Resident Evil and Kingdom hearts etc, he is just a low intelligence idiot.

He doesn't have the reflexes, or critical thinking to play video games, he sucks and he always complains and makes stupid comments.

who cares

if anyone mentions dsp to me in real life i will spit on their shoes for sure

its time to let go of your obsession with fag ecelebs

Funniest thing is, the person who wrote this probably spent 5 hours on it, and Phil just blocked and removed his comment. lol

What did Sup Forums mean by this?

Just who is he?

>5 hours writing that
what the fuck? maybe you're just slow

Oh my God.

>tfw going through his recent videos to see where he begs for money and there are roughly a bazillion of uploads

Fucking hell what a faggot.

minors spend 2 hours writing 10 times as much as that in school. by hand.
5 hours is grossly exaggerated.

> Sup Forums has been brainwashed into believing he's an idiot
Those must be some dangerously influential and scientifically advanced organizations, seeing how watching any single of his videos can induce the very same effect.

This confirms it, DSP stands alone against the Illuminati.

Do you think DSP is redpilled?

oh wow, how brave of him to shit on AAA titles and third wave feminism

DSP is a fucking hack. he complains like it's his job (which it is, which is pathetic). nothing he says has any actual weight to it, probably because he carries himself like a victim. like, you inserted yourself into this industry. stop acting like game developers are out to get you and play some fucking games that you like. your opinion on whatever pandering billion dollar franchise isn't going to sway any of your viewers because they are already as jaded as you.

i fucking hate this guy, and the fact that he makes money off of whining like a spoiled high schooler drives me insane.

Is ADHD medicine red?
Then yes, like most of america

can you redpill me and tell me what redpill means?

Anyway, DSP wants a solution to his economic problem that involves 0 effort and maximum profit.

Its amazing that in the span of 8 years he hasn't been able to take advantage of things like Twitch when it just came out, he missed out on so many things that would've gotten him incredible amounts of popularity because "MUH RAW UNEDITED GAMEPLAY"

You reap what you sow basicly

>DSPs greatest hits of not being a total asshole and absolutely wrong for a change
Cherrypicking at its finest.
A list to counterclaim that can basically be made out of any assortion of his videos you DIDN'T pick.
And that's a fucking lot.
Balance of probability says you are most likely the brainwashed and blind sheep.

Is DSP literally /OurGuy/ ?

Posts like Are just falseflags, i don't think there is a single person on Sup Forums that unironically supports him, he represents the worst about e-celebs

Why is he crying that fan feedback and viewer retention are up but he's confused that overall views and ad revenue are down? Does it not occur to him that the people who grew tired of his shit are just leaving without saying anything?

>tfw Phil is literally wanted for sexual assault RIGHT NOW

WOOOOOWWWW

But user, getting a IRL job is just out of the question. His channel will fall apart you see! How is he supposed to upload 30 videos a day AND balance other commitments!?

Pretty sure he's said if he has to go back to a 9-5 his channel will basically be dead

By his own doing. Many other YouTubers put out videos once every few days or a week and balance work lives. At the same time they actually have time to PRODUCE something of value. Phil's "RAW" schtick is garbage.

It'll be like back in 2008 or whatever when he had a job and had the channel on the side

for real

get a 9-5, buy a better camera and sound setup. record a few hours of video every other day during the week.edit on the weekends. film and edit in bulk, automate uploading. voila, you're a youtuber and you don't have to spend 10 hours a day cranking out minimal effort let's plays.

if you NEED money, you will do what you have to do to make it. editing video is fun and artistic anyway, who wouldn't want to make youtube vids on the side for a little extra scratch?

he's a based AIDS-spreader, fo sure

:^)

Not this current fat sack of shit. Want to know why his channel is dying? Is because he offers nothing of value that hundreds of other youtubers don't do better. He's a nobody, and that's why he whines about the "successful" ones and why they shouldn't have patreons.

If you'd watch his more recent vlog about all of it he said he doesn't want to be like the other channels

the whole draw to DSP's channel is the raw gameplay and now the reviews

people want to be entertained. he can make passive income by uploading "raw" let's play footage to youtube, but there's no way he can get pewdiepie numbers if he continues to be a boring, regular dude.

Then why is it our problem to support him then? His style isn't viable beyond his declining, but dedicated fanbase. OP is right, he's not approaching any of this in an intelligent way. Maybe if he concentrated his efforts the past couple of years in actually learning marketable production skills, maybe he could have found himself working in a production house AND maintaining an interesting channel. He has a false sense of ego in that he thinks people actually come to his channel first for "expert" opinions. That's the kind of shit that leads to an unboxing video of ligtning returns to the sounds of his condo's fire alarm, because fuck quality THE PEOPLE NEED TO SEE.

Was this the guy who jerked off on stream without realizing it or something?

U N C A N N Y
N
C
A
N
N
Y

Yes, he """jerked off"""

I get that he's worried his way of life may change or that his finances may be taking a hit, but let's get real; he's complaining about potentially not being able to successfully play video games for a living enough to pay his bills and own his own house.
I really hate the phrase, but this really does encapsulate "first world problems" in its entirety.

Everytime i see DSP complaining he is not making enough money for playing videogames i think of Don King in Rocky V when he says "Only in America"

At least he can see something out to completion.

>he said he doesn't want to be like the other channels
Because he just wants to do the same thing over and over, hoping it'd net him more views and money cause he thinks it's the right way, while at the same time insulting other people who say otherwise. He really wants to be in his bubble, not taking a single step outside of it.

IIRC he did try some changes in his channel, but then went back to the usual stuff.

What did youtube mean by this?

DSP IS A BASED GOD

TIHYDP The Godfather by DaButthead. It's in two parts and DSP's girlfriend roast his entire throughout the entire thing. Seriously, it's like one of the detractors was there with him.

>mfw that Goutfather ending

because dsp's age old problem is living above his means. there's no way he's going back to a minimum wage 9-5 after getting used to youtube dosh.

>If you'd watch his more recent vlog about all of it he said he doesn't want to be like the other channels

Which is fine, except he's a business and that's his moneymaker. You can do whatever you want if it's for artistic reasons or something but if you're running a business operation you have to change accordingly. His approach doesn't work anymore, if it ever did and it wasn't just a novelty at the time.

Change is very different for Phil as he thinks it means, "reinventing" or changing pretty much everything about him. He's so stubborn about changing even just a little bit when his fans suggest him about something. He just wants everything to be done for him, and quickly at that.

>le epic internet drama XD

Kill yourself

You care way too much about a mid level youtuber.

Get a new hobby if your hobby is to stalk an idiot on the internet.

Is not even drama, the laughable part is that he is the poster for "First world problems" he finally reached that point everyone wanted to see him standing on

>MY SHITTY CHANNEL DOESNT GET VIEWS ANYMORE PLEASE GIVE ME MONEY

He is literally begging for money, bashing every fanbase ever, he is a baby who is kicking and screaming because he doesn't get his dollar

VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS

Eh.

Is there a new This is how you don't play out there? I enjoyed those.

What a good image

HUAHA JUST GIMMIE A DAHLER
I KNOW HOW TO RUN MY BUSINESS

>2016
>playing videogames FOR FREE

I only play videogames for 20 Dollar/hour

You make some pretty good points except the parts where you tacitly support capitalism and the idea that people should struggle to eat.

Try and talk to him on his own forums

>Sup Forums falling for copy-pasta yet again