Is there anything more tragic than Yahtzees twitch streams...

Is there anything more tragic than Yahtzees twitch streams? Yahtzee really needs someone to bounce off of (which is why his chillout streams are dullas fuck) and he's aware of it but Escapists co-hosts are just SO SHIT.

Stuttering John doesn't hold any opinions whatsoever and doesn't even seem interested in makign te stream good, he just seems like a scared little ferret whenever Yahtzee speaks.

Liz's "parrot meme catchprahse" style of Banter dissapeared after half the stream when she realised based yahtz wouldn't humor her, so she just went full in on bitchy hostility and completly stopped talking at all leaving Yahtzee to absically carry the stream on his own.

Ian is alright, but he can seemingly only talk about Witcher 3 as a positive example of everything, take a drink everytime he mentions how the taking the Triss quest means other quests are not possible anymore.

Can we fly Gabe to the states if we pay him enough? he's deperately needed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crdQQ0OWeH4
youtube.com/watch?v=UfJrqhj7gfY&feature=youtu.be&t=39m37s
youtube.com/watch?v=9zZVUjA9jsQ
expatistan.com/cost-of-living/san-francisco
youtu.be/2QMYnK_va44?t=40m
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do people actually go to the Escapist for any reason other than to watch ZP?

Not really, but it is kiand funny to see the stream number drop from 800 to about 30 when yahtzee leaves the stream and John takes over.

They really are incredibly lucky to have him.

Yeah I tried one, but there was an American woman with one of those hideous american woman nasal accents, I couldn't take it so left and haven't gone back since.

>current year
>ZP

I miss Let's Drown out. Too bad Gabe is too built to fit on the plane.

He was good with yahtzee but the whole "yeah i used to drink I know so much pop psychology yeah be urself I know everything" stuff got old fast.

I used to kinda like the fake news show they had, isn't the guy who makes song about vydia popular (ish) too?

Pretty much. Used to listen to Miracle of Sound but he left and is now on YouTube so yeah.
Yahtzee needs someone capable of disagreeing with him. The escapists people are probably too scared to push it to far with the banter making Yathzee quit, dooming the website.

so you only ever watched like 1 episode then?

But seriously hes much better on KepetClassy anyway.

Didn't even know he had started streaming. Rewatching the old LDOs, I'm kinda amazed by how much shit Gabe put up with. And I get that they were friends and that's what friends do to each other, but fuck me, Yahtzee could you be any more up yourself? Gabe may have waffled on but at least he was humble, and full of quotes.

"I'm more Zen that anybody else and I'll fight to prove that."

Is there anything more pathetic than watching twitch streams?

He should have left by now like Bob and Jim and Miracle of Sound. He keeps the Escapist up, not the other way around.

And, yes, I agree he can only really do LPs/Streaming well with somebody else. That's probably why him and Jim had that little vs series and why I actually liked it.

Why doesn't yahtzee just have a youtube channel and make more money?
The zp video player sucks so much ass

A reminder that he moved for Liz despite what he says.

Gabe's quotes are fucking amazing. I'd buy a book of just these random quotes.
Only reason I didn't like it was because Yahtzee actually tried to make poems funny, Jim pretty much just read vore fanfiction and call it a day.

Wait so was that woman on the stream with him the gf he totally didn't move for, honest? Fucking hell, what a dipshit.

yahtzee was never good

Do you mean the american girlfriend? She has a name?

One of his best.

Yathzee: "So you have hired a prostitute?"
Gabriel: "No. I didn't pay."

That's not his girlfriend, just another twitch streamer.

As far as I know, the only thing his girlfriend has appeared in was in teh background of that farewell to Jim video he made.

youtube.com/watch?v=crdQQ0OWeH4

You

Movie Blob was let go.

His best is probably the fat proud pervert bogans on tiny bicycles story youtube.com/watch?v=UfJrqhj7gfY&feature=youtu.be&t=39m37s

Gabe: "Being the best of a bad situation is a great way to get laid."
Words to live by.

Me and my friend banter back and forth worse then them and we are best friends. Its just some peoples personality

Thats a shame, he is the only person other than me who liked Cloud Atlas

I wish Critical Miss would get the artist back and Erin Dies Alone would follow their update schedule. How many days has it been since the last Critical Miss comic?

He's also certifiably insane. Take a look at his Twitter feed or excerpts from his book, dude is nuts.

Going to rewatch LDO now. Like the good old days.

Don't worry user I liked Cloud Atlas.

I used to go for White Korra but the art went to shit and they haven't updated for like 2 months

>Basically, if I stated that you had a small penis and fucked kids.
>No, I have a child-sized penis. You're twisting the truth.

Would've prefered if they kept the original idea back in the early comics. Erin seeing video game characters in the world after getting hit in the head, trying to keep it together but slowly losing it. Isolating the character and adding some super optimistic raccoon was a bad choice.

I miss LDO

But worst of all I hate that they ended it on such a shitty game. I wanted a point and click.

They really should've made a point and click video and just talk over it like the first few episodes. Portal 2 forced to focus so hard on the game that there was barely any interesting discussions.

They should have just finished RE4.

Wasn't there leaked emails of the head of the escapist telling him to cool it with the SJ shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=9zZVUjA9jsQ

Fair play to Yahtzee, it did get stuck in my head.

I really miss Gabe already. Why don't he and Yahtzee just TS or discord? Maybe time zones get in the way.

Because of Australian internet. It's fuck awful.

Yatzhee is an Americuck now while Gabe is still in Austraila.

>Yahtzee needs someone capable of disagreeing with him

But how do you do that when he is usually right?

Even though I usually agree with him, he still needs someone to bring him down and not act so grandeur. Gabe would disagree on some semantic level, creating funny banter.

>Yahtzee
>right
hue

Just need someone to play devils advocate. Would just make things more interesting.

The fun was Gabe and Yahztee talking as if they're an authority on subjects that they knew nothing about.

>Today's review still isn't up.

Is it gonna be Battlefield 1?

>Zero Punctuation
God you cunts are pathetic. Why the fuck do you listen to some literally who ramble on about his objectively shit opinions?

He's not usually right. What he does is he twists and swivels his arguments to make it sound like he's right, or at the very least reasonably accurate.
There are times when he's self-deprecating or humorous about things he didn't get right, but he's often extremely defensive too, and I've never heard him just flat out admit that he got something wrong.

its always at 5pm gmt and our clocks just went back an hour

what was this brilliant career opportunity that he moved into cuck central for?

>objectively shit opinions?
You clearly have no idea what an opinion is.

>Why the fuck do you listen to some literally who ramble on about his objectively shit opinions?

what, like everyone on Sup Forums?

It just went up, its gears 4.

He is on that other show with that guy.
Gabe has gotten fat though, well fatter.
They did a video of them going to get good and the man had 3 burgers.
No Yahtzee to hold him back Gabe is sad.

It's always at 4 pm GMT actually. Which is now. In fact the review is out.

How about playing video games instead of watching people play them you mutant.

It wasn't, he thinks he will make it big in America like every deluded mong.

fugg, how embarrassing

that's some gamble to move into the most expensive US city with no job. Unless he has a rich uncle I don't know about

I'm guessing something to do with his books but he'll probably try some other stuff as a producer or something.

How expensive is San Francisco? From what I hear it's a really, really nice place. The Village People loved it.

expatistan.com/cost-of-living/san-francisco

>Basic dinner out for two in neighborhood pub - $53
>Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 Sqft) furnished studio in NORMAL area - $2,367

Maybe the books made more than I thought. Also, if the girlfriend lives there he might just be living there with her paying the bills.

Did someone say (you)?

Forgot to add:
Like a true writer.

Critical Miss was alright.

It would be cool if he played some games he enjoyed like on LDO.

Watching him play Color Splash on one screen was suffering.

I used to watch Bob Chipman until he went completely insane and got fired.

Otherwise, no.

Consuming Shadow also made him at least $30,000-40,000.

But user, that means there would only be two videos. One of Sands of Time and one of Silent Hill 2.

It's up. GoW4

Its sort of strange to see they used to have a lot of content ad multiple content creaters even if there where shitfuckers like moviebob and sterling but now its just Yhatzee and white korra on the weekly schedule

Why did they stop making Let's Drown Out, anyways? I really liked Yahtzee talking about his view on the Social Justice Empire, and admitting to stealing jokes from Ross Scott.

Shame he never mentioned Quovak in any of his Chzo Mythos videos.

I actually liked classic Yahtzee and no user from Sup Forums is going to shame me out of that. I even liked his book Jam, listened to it on commute.

His modern stuff is really, really formulaic though. You can tell that he's really just tired of the job but he has to keep doing it. Ever notice how he makes exactly one political joke about two thirds of the way through every review he does now? Some of them are really awkwardly stuffed in, too, Family Guy-style. "Geez this is worse than that time Brexit passed". It's not that the jokes aren't funny, which is forgiveable, but that it's so bland and predictable that it feels like his scripts are written by committee now.

Oh yeah OPl, way more tragic.

There are actually fags like you, who not only watch other people stream, but actually post analytical breakdowns of these streamers on an anonymous basket weaving forum.

More pathetic than even that? all the fags replying to this thread.
Its pure fucking cancer.

>Quovak

I didn't know the guy who ripped Golden Sun a new asshole did the same with Chzo. This is going to be a fun read.

>Couldn't understand that "Game of the Year" and "The game you personally enjoyed the most that year" are two different things

>More pathetic than even that? all the fags replying to this thread.
Says the guy who replied to this thread.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Is it ever.

I especially like how he causes Yahtzee to utterly admit defeat on the sex scene in Six Days.

Have you ever heard of Devil's Advocate?

Also, nobody is always right, and it never hurts to have someone to get utterly smacked down in an argument without being a strawman.

Booby Booby Bum Bum

"Game of the year" and "Game you personally enjoyed the most that year" are two different things.

an argument Gabe and Yahtzee had on one of the LDO vids

HOW

>>More pathetic than even that? all the fags replying to this thread.
>Says the guy who replied to this thread.
Says the guy who replied to the guy who replied to this thread.

timestamp
youtu.be/2QMYnK_va44?t=40m

>valuing someone else's opinion over your own
top cuck familia

"Game of the year" = The pretentious move that won the oscar
"The game you personally enjoyed the most that year" = The bad movie you had the most fun watching

This

They already had progress and some good banter in it, would have been cool if they did a sort of speed run final run before closing down shop

You do know you can have fun watching movies that aren't bad, right?

Also, fuck off to Sup Forums with your Oscar moaning.

Somebody link those.

The humour has worn off on me but I still watch them because they feel to me like video essays, and I like his unique point of view on games, especially how much he values good writing and dialogue.

Of course, but often movies that are bad are objectively not very good.

(You)

eeeehhh, i like the stream, just asking him question about stuff is interessing

>tfw the paper mario color splash was so fucking boring, he streamed stardew valley for the last half hour

so what does Sup Forums think of Yahtzee anyway? I used to watch his videos but I stopped after a while and never went back. I didn't even realize he still did reviews.

Also did anyone ever read his written pieces? Apparently they were meant to be more serious criticism than his videos.

His written pieces are very good. I don't always agree with them but there's always enough food for thought.

Sup Forums loved him till he bashed Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter. Then the average opinion was lukewarm.