Why do you pirate?

Why do you pirate?

Don't you think it hurts the very own people that make up you hobby possible?

I want vidya to die so all the normies leave, then good games can be made again

/thread

I only pirate console/handheld games. Because their pricing is atrocious esp in my shithole.

fpbp

I pirate because I'm living check to check and I don't want to drop 60$ for something that I will lose interest in over a month.

i dont has moneies

Because I can

I think pirating shud be used if the company doesn't release a demo, if you like the game you should buy it even if you're buying it on a sale

>Don't you think it hurts the very own people that make up you hobby possible?

The only people it hurts are the publishers, who 9 times out of 10 are responsible for the bullshit practices ruining video games. The developers are already paid when the game ships, and outside of special circumstances will barely see a dime of the income from game sales afterwards. Granted, pirating indie titles does harm the creators, but at the same time they need less sales to break even than a 3rd-party published title.

>implying massive corporations "make my hobby possible"

If it's some small indie studio, I'll consider buying. But, even then, most of the best indie games are free.

The age of demos is over. Pirating is my only way to try the game before deciding, should i buy it or not.

I want to spend money on more important stuff like anime figures

I've been buying a decent chunk of what I've pirated over the years. It's mostly a matter of not wanting to be jewed by Steam, 2 hour refund or no. The best case I can make for this shit is the Deus Ex: Human Revolution leak, which had the entire game IIRC. Shit leaked a week or so ahead of release date if I'm not mistaken, and I enjoyed it to such an extent that I pre-purchased it despite technically having the game even before launch date.

That, and I have limited amounts of money to spend in vidya, and most of it is shit made to look good until you play more than an hour or two of it.

Is this true? Sup Forumsredpill.

I'm pirating from now on. I hate what publishers have done to gaming. HATE IT.

For last like five years i almost never stole a game. I think i grew taste and i can tell from a few screenshots and actual gameplay footage if game is going to be any good at all and any good for me.

Sometimes i pirate indie stuff like "Death road to canada", played the FUCK out of this game while chilling near a lake outside of town. Bought it right after came home, wrote a positive review with usual excuses for having low time played and never played it again.

Btw try it, its good. Like, good.

I don't care.
They're making enough money already, I'm just a minor number.
I'm from a culture that only spends money on important products, and wouldn't buy anything, if possible but get it for free.
I'm broke myself, but I'd buy one or two games I've liked, just to support the devs, after I played them pirated (did this a few times with other media when I could).

Try before buy. The only game I've pirated this year is Civ VI.

What if my hobby is being a pirate?

Free games

If I can get something for free, I will.

The developers are dead so I don't give a fuck.
Even if they're still alive, only the store/an individual get money from old games.
Also no demo so fuck you

Are you jewish?

It's a doggie dog world out there fellas, if you don't want me to pirate then you better make the non-pirating experience better and worth the money.