The Division Update 1.4

Like most people I stopped playing pretty much after the first underground DLC which was a massive chore and bullshit and the game wasnt getting better in anyway

jjust reinstalled the game and downloaded fucking 12 GB of update and the 1.4 update has a lot A LOT of big gameplay changes like leveling beyong lvl 30 system and just a shit ton of cool stuff

question?
Is the game still shit will I be disappointed again or did these fixes actually make it worth dusting off my lvl 30 characters?

i just want it to play more like diablo tbhmf

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1QUTygu2eeTk6TlREtlgGIoJHLTXl9IrixvoaUq8xaZg/preview#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They helped quite a bit. Way more loot drops, and you can pretty much get any piece of gear from anywhere. Enemies don't take nearly as long to kill, and you can now solo most stuff once you get a decent build. The game is still missing a solid endgame activity but there's a good amount of stuff you can do

I saw the guy from the twitch feed on a youtube video about 1.4

is he ok? do they even still do that developer thing on twitch anymore?

Same issue. Downloaded the game but not sure if I want to start playing this pile of shit.

I have no idea. I don't even know who that is. I think I saw the devs hosting a stream the other day, but I didn't watch it.

i was really thinking about solo

the game focused too much on 4 max lvl players in a death closet shit like DESTINY
at endgame

im starting again and going to learn all the stats and gears and skils again because literally everything is different acroding to the update patch notes

I didn't hate the game, but playing alone wasn't fun at all.

check the 1.4 patch notes

they really did fix things like weapons skins takin g up inventory and im starting again because they pretty much changed the entre stats system for gear and weapons

coming back on and using my lvl 30 would be so fucking different i might as well start again and learn

are there a lot of asians in new york?
the game suggests to me its like 70% asian

I've mostly been playing solo. It works out well since stuff scales depending on the number of players, so it's even quicker to kill NPCs when solo. I don't know if you can solo incursions, and I haven't done any yet, but honestly they don't seem that great, which is pretty disappointing. As far as stats go, armor is the single most important thing to get. 4 of your 6 gear pieces can roll additional armor, and you'll want it on all of them 99% of the time. Damage to elites is good, enemy armor damage is good, protection from elites sucks. Around 300k toughness is a good number to shoot for, but you can go lower depending on your build/playstyle. Crit chance and crit damage aren't as important, and electronics now stacks higher. Reddit has a good amount of information for getting builds set up and stuff.

docs.google.com/document/d/1QUTygu2eeTk6TlREtlgGIoJHLTXl9IrixvoaUq8xaZg/preview# may have some useful info. I just stumbled upon it a few minutes ago. Ultimately, your build can be more flexible than it used to be since a decent amount of stuff is viable now that wasn't before. I by no means have an optimized build, but I'm still shredding stuff on challenging and in WT4.

I mean maybe on a sale, but I played in the beta, so I'm not sure how much of this stuff would change my mind since it didn't leave much of an impression on me. I'll look into it though.

Here are the patch notes.

I made this for someone else, and it was retarded

And I can't talk about the changes directly with any of you. I just bought the game like a week ago. Already have 32 hours on it, so it's fucking good to me.

And my character before I went to sleep last night. I'm only like level 21.

Is there cross platform play on this yet? I have a friend who keeps wanting me to get a PS4 for this game, but I only really play stuff on PC. Will we be able to play together?

I regret not picking it up when it was on sale. At least I can still score it for like 24 at Best Buy if I decide I want it

incursions is when i stopped playing
it was too much like destiny get all yoru freinds with uber gear bullshit

Sadly no, which blows fucking dick because I have friends on PS4, but I'm not buying a console to play this shit.

I saw it on G2A for 24 bucks and thought it wouldn't be worth getting, but once I saw it drop to 13 on Amazon (slowly raised every day) I couldn't resist. I'll say though I feel it would still be worth it if I had bought it at 24.

Game is a lot of fun, even more so if you have someone to play with. Plus if you are the exploring type who just likes to look at shit, you'll have plenty to do, games fucking beautiful.

Yeah they required really good gear. Doubt that's the case now though.

No more bullet sponge enemies, thanks Massive

I hear Nebraska's nice

Since I started on 1.4 I feel like I'm being spoiled.

>Roaming Named NPCS (Bullet King) will now spawn throughout Manhattan. The groups respawn every 4 hours after the named elite has been killed.
LEGENDS NEVER DIE

It's pretty fun now. Seems like a lot of people left and still haven't come back though.

I was interrested into it for a few hours in the beta, but the only interresting part were DZ and it was kinda limited. If you die in a DZ, you should drop your entire gear instead of just the shit you've looted.
Did they improve it at all? I might buy it

>shield works
THAT'S IT IM GETTING ON RIGHT NOW!

It didn't before? I've been using it like fucking crazy only time if ever gets destroyed is if I'm against some named fucker who has his entire squad shooting at it for a good 5 to 10 seconds.

>Health recharges fully all segments when out of combat

maybe it got buffed in 1.3?

wow you are so easily entertained

shooty man game, the stronger they are the more you keep shooty man lots. dressed up like an mmo

Why so rustled?

And what is your idea of entertainment?

Its the same game its always been, the game is fundamentally flawed by design, not because of bugs and balance. There shouldve been a dedicated PvP area instead of the Dark Zone, and the Dark Zone shouldve been what the entire overworld was, where you could run into other players and do impromptu missions together. As is, the entire overworld is pointless, and players actively avoid eachother because noone trusts eachother to work as a team, so youre left with a rather boring experience still.

I think the Clancy name in the title is what actively ruined the game, because it was trying to be realistic, but the gameplay NEEDED something more creative in enemy variety, weapons, the environment and the characters. Its just so fucking lame.

>no one trusts each other
Welcome to the real world user.

bitching about simple shooty man games on the interneet obviously

I honestly actually REALLY like the division already bu the lvl 30+ grind was shitty

now that all gear drops everywhere adi can pick the npc difficulty tiers i can solo more

thats al i wanted

>because noone trusts eachother to work as a team

People do trust each other and that's the main problem I have with the Dark Zone. For example, you find a big group and they're just going from place to place looting shit, no problem here and no big issues. Then extraction happens and this where the braindead action happens. Some people try to exploit certain game mechanics in order to get people flagged (Which isn't a big deal in itself because it means nothing), but everyone suddenly starts shooting you eventhough they know what happened. Like the whole idea of flagging players is dumb. It conditions people to always follow the system and never deviate from it, eventhough that mechanic is absolutely worthless and doesn't mean anything. It shouldn't exist to begin with, in order to implant a constant distrust towards people.

you talking about the 19 second rogue thing? because that's dumb as fuck and always happens. you don't even get anything for killing a 19 second rogue if memory serves.

It's 90 seconds for killing 1 person and 20 seconds for just hitting someone.

Rogue is a dumb system and it needs to go completely, because the majority of people are sheeple and are like "I can't kill this person because he's not tagged as a rogue" or "I trust this person completely because he's not tagged as a rogue".

You lose experience/money/keys, and you get nothing for surviving. Fucking retarded.
>keep running into neutral people in groups who would try to walk infront of my line of fire when in a fight to proc the rogue status and get a free kill and reward.
>there is nothing I can do about this if they are doing this, I either fall for it and start a fight with a group of players, or stop shooting, in which case they can easily kill me
This is the game, its fundamentally broken because its so exploitable. The game needed a dedicated PvP area and DZ shouldve just been a zone full of very hard enemies that players can work together to defeat, like an open world Mission with 16 people fighting lots of very difficult enemies, its hard enough killing the fucking enemies without some moron walking into your line of fire and everyone starts killing eachother.

>this bullshit

I have a friend I bought the game with, and he just refuses to attack other players. I don't know why. There are times where I'll see a group of people and I'll help and work with them, but other times I just feel like fucking a face of a random stranger and see if I can win.

>dressed up like an mmo
Taking all the worst parts from it is a lot more than just dressing up like it.

PLAUSIBLE FUCKING DENYABILITY

Wait can you only buy two things from the Appearance Vendor per day or something now?

you can't buy things that you already have

Do they still have literally no anti cheat for MP?

Or because going rogue always results in a slow death spiral that's impossible to recover from. The moment you kill more than 1 person, you might as well suicide because you're never going to run down the timer without someone finding you.

they might as well just create a team deathmatch mode since that's what the DZ has turned into anyway

That's not much of a problem really for me, I barely have anyone going after me if I intend to go rogue and most of the time they're juked by just running in a circle. The real issue are the people like this guy's friend, who think Rogue agents are the only killable people and otherwise don't do anything. They're simpletons who can't think for themselves and it ruins the game.

>Stop playing because police academy boss was shitty
>come back because patch supposedly fixes bullet sponges and enemies dropping you super fast
>play power plant level
>boss is just as shitty