Now that the dust has settled...

Now that the dust has settled, can we all finally agree that Xenoverse 2 has usurped Budokai Tenkaichi 3's throne as the best DBZ game?

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/11/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-initial-shipments-top-1-4-million
avatarcontest.dragonball-videogames.com/en-US/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LOL

XD

Yes.

Best in terms of what? The gameplay is ass my man. All we wanted for years in a dbz game was to be able to make our own characters.
Now that we have that, we compromise on gameplay.

Yeah what a shame we've lost the rich tapestry of depth that is Dragon Ball Z gameplay. There isn't even a single quicktime event where you mash all the face buttons on your controller at once!

They got rid of button mashing and stick spinning to make it fair for everyone. Not everyone can button mash effectively. I miss beam clashes or button mashing when two melee attacks hit at the same time. There are fags out their that use modded controllers too.

Did you really need to start the XV2 thread by poking the autists?

Post your face when Goku butts in on your fight and steals your thunder.

Is there any word on whether the negligible effect dumping points has on anything bu ki or Stamina will be patched, or whether it's working as intended?

Literally screamed out loud stop chucking me goku

It really was XV1.5.

And honestly, it was a good game with a lot to do and much improved fighting mechanics, but the story was such a recycling of the first and the PQ's were more of the same.

Here's to hoping for XV3.

Also
>tfw still no saiyan tails or spiky super saiyan hair (or SS4).
>tfw can't color majin tongues and their transformation is garbage
>tfw most ki supers and ults were nerfed to need a careful stamina breaking or knockback setup, defeating the point of ranged attacks.
>tfw no special ending like the first game if you were doing well against SS5 Mira
>tfw can't fight against your patroller in Free Battle
>tfw can't make a team of your patroller, or several different patrollers in your save, for PQs and vs fights
>tfw no awesome final fight with your XV1 patroller, thanks for the Blue Balls, Dimps
>tfw Guru's house is still under attack

Is it true they're nerfing Emperor's death beam? It's one of the only Ults that still work at range without elaborate setup.

fuck this image

More like assverse 2, am i rite

Is there a colorable version of the long and short tights? Without the diaper?

>Finished nearly all PQ
>All Expert Missions
>Level cap with most decent gear
>This fucker can't keep that shithole safe for but a couple missions

Thinking Nail had it tough with Guru in Abridged was a mistake.

Actually fuck them both.

After they give you 1 egg you're free to leave them to die, right?

Frieza was right, Nameks need to be gassed. Just leave 1 or 2 Dragonball gimps alive.

Nope. It's better than XV1 but it's not a great game.

Question, never played XV1 or 2. How important are form transitions? I remember in some older games once you went Super Saiyan or Final Form or whatever you'd stay that way for the rest of the fight ideally, getting sent down forms was strictly bad.

Is this the case in XV2? I don't mind that style at all but if so I'm definitely not making a Saiyan since I think SS3 is ridiculous. Can I effectively play at just SS1/2?

Adding guru's fat ass to the fiery death of namek and it being enough to keep it burning like a dwarf star is the only thing keeping me going through those incoming messages.

Yeah. No reason to go back, but it was good for those big payouts of EXP for very little effort though once at level cap I never went there again. Ever. I hope they get stuck in an infinite loop of their balls being stolen. Like they had any to begin with.

Depends, if your saiyan you pretty much want SSJ to be any use in a fight, everyone else is just gonna do anything else and still get one over on you, except for majins, any smart majin will skip their "purification" transform and just try to streamline it to Unlock Potential form.

Oh fuck, are Guru's mission endless?
If so, are there more missions like that?

The absurdly annoying messages were only made worse because I had to restart each mission once or twice because the damn balls spawned under the ground.

Is it really that amazing? What's the catch?

It's not, but it's a huge improvement over the first.
The catch is that since this game was made in a year, it feels super rehashed from the first, they recycled a ton of shit.

Also, I'm worried about them backpedaling of the year-long DLC plan. Feels like XV3 may be rushed too.

It's good but that's it.
I'm enjoying my time with it. I hope they ditch the whole time patrollers stuff for the next Dragon Ball game.

In Xenoverse one I specked my character to use their transformation to spam supers during later fights. Now with the ability to charge attack someone while their vulnerable I feel like it lost most of its luster, sparring the few ults left that have nearly zero downtime and hit instantaneously from a far.

Though for Saiyans you need some base transformation. Gotta say on one of my alts I love going SSJ3 during a fight with the funi dub music playing in the background.

May the Dragon Gods have mercy on your soul, user. I hope to never come across that on my other characters.

Never got the game yet but how does the first time patroller play into the game? Do you get to fight him/her?

NO
im still pissed that they released it like only a year after 1 and its basically the same game with 5 more characters....

yeh i get that they tweaked the combat... couldnt they have just patched that in 1 without charging me and extra $60 for a game i bought that year?

I was on the verge of dropping the game right when I saw him dragon fist Mira, especially after he completely cucked Vegeta in the second movie by killing Frieza after the time-travel, thankfully you get to see your character do Goku's signature move instead to finish him off, so it wasn't as bad.

There's a statue of him in central suqare, he saves you a couple times and you see him hanging around in some cutscenes.

You fight them in a mission when they're mind controlled.
The ending scene of the game has Goku propose a fight between your two patrollers to see who is stronger. It gets laughed off, I'm still mad.

>I hope they ditch the whole time patrollers stuff
Fuck that shit. The whole time police angle is better than just playing the same story mode over and over. Now we can do it but with a TWEEST.

>that image

N-NANI, TWO STANDS?!!?!?!

Xenoverse did that already.

I'll agree X2 is better.
Not really worth the cash if you already own Xenoverse though... It's becoming like the Naruto games, buy one you've played them all.

holy shit its only just released and already you are hoping for 3

that doesnt sound like its a good game then if you are already looking forward to the next.

At least you cuck Goku out of killing golden Frieza. Cucking the cucker, as it were.

Agreed, however they need to get more inventive because so far XV1 and XV2 were exactly the same in that regard. I think burst limit (?) had more interesting what ifs.

That said, I'm never playing a Dragon Ball game that doesn't have CaC again.

Because the game is XV1.5. It's got great improvements, but still feels like an add-on, and they still haven't added things a fuckton of people keep requesting, like saiyan tails for patrollers.

Sure, but it's just not the same, stealing anothers prey is way less rewarding than finally killing your own after a long hunt

>It gets laughed off, I'm still mad.

How was this not a thing. Freaking Whis brings up the fact he wanted to spar with you, but not having the two most powerful Time Patrollers in the game not go at it in a straight up fight? Pft.

I'm kinda hoping Xenoverse 3 does some sorta Time Tournament and the newest Elite TP gets to take on both of them in separate fights.

this is exactly why i just cant justify buying 2 right now.. it seems exactly the same but with like 5 more characters.

considering its only been like a year since 1 i dont get why 2 has even been released.
i thought it would have more mmo elements or social/group/event activities

Storyline wise you were hopelessly out of your lead

However it woulda been more hype if your old character was the one who stepped in instead

>t seems exactly the same
It's not. It has a huge improvement in the gameplay, you know the area that matters the most.

this is exactly my point, it seems greedy.
they couldnt just patch and update 1?

>it woulda been more hype if your old character was the one who stepped in instead

Thanks now what am I supposed to do with this raging boner.

right .. yeh theyv tweaked the combat a bit?.... but apart from that it looks the same...

>In Xenoverse one I specked my character to use their transformation to spam supers during later fights

This is annoying to fight against and bad game design
Its good its gone you fucking cancer

>they couldnt just patch and update 1?
Well no, they retooled the gameplay much more than I've ever seen done with patches. It's unfair to expect XV2 for free, it did add a lot of content, even if it did recycle a lot.

Especially since Namco and Dimps is super greedy with their DLC.

No. It's a bad game.

>Tweaked the combat abit

If you don't know, don't try to act like you do.

Is the 100% drop script out yet?

so its basically an expansion for the price of a full new game?

>a bit

Have you played it? It feels like a different beast.
I mean, at least pirate it.

Calling XV2 and expansion over XV1 is like calling New Vegas an expansion of F3.

>buying xenoverse when you know there's just gonna be a sequel with improved gameplay a year or two later

I meant in AI fights before leveling up. Never once touched PVP. I prefer Tenkachi, Super DBZ, Budokai for those. Heck any of the original 2D fighters on Nintendo and PS1 era. I even love the recent Ark fighter on 3DS. This game wasn't really made for PVP.

it's pretty great but there's so many little things left out or half-assed and I'm not sure if it's just laziness or them wanting to milk more money from xv3

>theyv tweaked the combat a bit?
you missed the "?" ... so i wasnt acting like i know as it was a question.

and yes iv owned XV1 since launch , i will eventually buy XV2 ... but i dont see much of a difference from last year desu.. at least not enough for warrant a $60 tag
it looked like content that could have easily been an expansion

this
i pirated it

>buying xenoverse when you know there's just gonna be a sequel with improved gameplay a year or two later

What's the logic in this?
If no one bought because they were waiting for Xenoverse 3 why the fuck would they make it in the first place?

Personal feelings aside, it is safe to call it at least a huge success.

gematsu.com/2016/11/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-initial-shipments-top-1-4-million

Took just a week to nearly do what the first game did in a month.

Sequel is gaurunteed.

i totally will eventually... it just doesnt seem like enough new content to justify buying it atm.

games are the only thing i dont pirate desu.... they usually deserve the money heh

You sound like a tool, stop posting.

It's more than an expansion. I'm no buyfag, so just pirate it if you don't wanna pay, but calling it a simple update is wrong.

So pirate it to see if it deserves money, and buy it afterwards if it does. What's the issue? If it doesn't deserve the money, no harm done, if it does and you buy it, no harm done.

oshit its really THAT different? doesnt really look it from the streams iv watched hrmmm thanks

>What's the logic in this?
The logic is that you don't waste money on a shit game when the sequel is going to fix most the problems
>but then who would buy it and fund the sequel?
Retards and dragon ball fanboys.
I skipped the first game after pirating and seeing it was shit, Now I bought the sequel after hearing about how much more improved it is. Having a gay old time with it.

avatarcontest.dragonball-videogames.com/en-US/
>A generic Pikachu Majin is in the lead

i am a bit yeh, you sound charming

SO what, it's an E-peen contest, meaning only E-Celebs stand a chance.

BINGO

>still no Saiyan tails
>still no Great Ape transformation
>still no SSJ4 transformation
>most battle armours don't have tails
>only one is colourable and it has that fucking awful TP logo on it
>still can't have a purple aura and ki blasts

They make playing as a full blooded Saiyan difficult.

>#2
>Kaio Sama
>It's a Kaioshin

Because you aren't a full blooded saiyan. You're a DBO saiyan. You have no tails for the same reasons Majins have their shit "pure" transformations.

congratulations , enjoy.

and yeh some great games have a longer shelf life than 1 year mate, not like activation games that get a new iteration ever year

Everyone knows that with this type of game, a typical 3 game series, the second one is always the best.

the first one has the charm
the second one has the polish
and the third one has the fan service.

Just look at Dark Souls, or EA Skate, or TimeSplitters.

How old are you?

Wrong. It's confirmed in-game that some Saiyans are survivors of Planet Vegeta, the absolute dilutions of the bloodline didn't occur until age 1000.

I may just be bad at the game, or maybe I fucked up thinking that a melee-focused Majin was a good idea, but was that time patrol fight with Freiza and Cooler supposed to be that tough? I kept getting comboed to death, and getting away from either of them to counterattack just got me fucked up harder.

Budokai 2 proves this wrong.

Wow, the 30th position is much more within reach than I thought

Vote for my avatar guys I want game

Pretty sure they had super armor at some point in the fight, so that's why.

i did say i was going to buy it, but i was surprised it was released so soon with what seems like little content

>DBO saiyan
But I thought they can only become super saiyan with the dragonballs?

>they had super armor
As someone who just thought this battle again.

No they don't.
They're just particularly vicious in knowing what you're gonna do.

asl? :^)

When?

>DS2
>Best

Good joke.

I don't think they did, Cooler was just extremely aggressive and had great AI. Wish more fights were like that.

Some NPC's are having a conversation about it.

Budokai 2 is also my favorite, though.

is it possible to miss emotes, or will they just stay in town until I get them?

We can all agree that Raditz is the best mentor, right?

Cell lost his hugs.

You could probably do some model switching and removing Gokus soundfiles from that cutscene and the one following actually, might take a bit of work though.

Nappa is as much of a bro as radditz. Dodoria is pretty bro too.

Absolutely. I had always been a fan of Raditz so my hype was a maximum for him but I didn't expect him to be so bro tier. After I'm done leveling everyone elses friendship meter thing, he's going back to being my permanent mentor.

t. power level of 5

scum

>Not loving Kid Gohan when he tells you not to tell Chi-Chi he's teaching you.

That kid was adorable as my mentor

We can, it's the first time I really enjoyed a DB game since Tenkaichi 3.
Those who think the opposite are autistic fags.

Radditz only wants to boss you around because he's sore from being Nappa and Vegeta's bitch.
Napa just wants to fuck with you at first, but you earn his respect and he calls you a comrade.

Nappa is clearly the better choice.