Space Hulk

So.... this comes out this month and I see no threads on it. Why? I'm so fucking pumped.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000)
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ3U_HduTVA
spacehulk-deathwing.com/game#weapons
1d4chan.org/wiki/That_guy
canardpc.com/forums/threads/82188-Space-Hulk-Death-Wing-ou-quand-E-Y-E-rencontre-Warhammer-40k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Me too, mostly coming for the 4 player coop though, will be ideal to LAN in the christmas months
Lets hope it has a better kickoff than Vermintide that doesn't cripple its potential forever.

>no chainfists
>no lightning claws

Do we still have no gameplay vids?

I am wondering why there is no thread about Deathwing as well. On the other hand, Tyranny gets their daily shill thread.

Well in their defense - they showed a lot more.
How the fuck is a release date "november" anyway...

50/50 chance of being good or shit. Give it 2 weeks after launch, then reevaluate.

Yeah this vonfuses me because it seems to be the first 40k game in history to be First Person perspective.
>Ignoring fire warrior because it's fucking Tau and Tau do nothing but choke on dicks.

I thought it was confirmed the game will release on 24 Nov.

It's already November and there's like what, ONE gameplay video out?

There's really not much to talk about until the devs release more info or another trailer.

It seems like a very fun game and after binging 1d4chan to read the backstory (may have ended up getting into tabletop roleplaying in the process, whoops) I'm all for a good Warhammer 40k FPS.

>1d4chan

Where did you start?
Its like trying to bite into an hamburger taller than me.

if you wanna get into warhammer lore, start with the warhammer 40k main page (1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000) and from there just read up the lore of whatever interests you. The eldar and imperial guard are my 2 personal favorite factions from my casual wiki-reading.

HERESY

start with horus heresy books

I have Eternal Crusade, so i will never be hyped by a W40k videogame again.
Also I feel retarded and fuck early access baits.

Is this the game made by the EYE devs? Might pick it ip.

Yeah, Streum On made this.

Reading 1d4chan to get into 40k is like watching Colbert Report to get into politics.

I'm pumped, but I just have to upgrade my current toaster to play this one.

Im hyped, just not much to comment on right now.
They really need more videos to market it or itll be dead in the water. Just give us SOMETHING to tide us over and get some discussion going.

Also im praying the game isnt a broken mess on release, and the lack of info isnt calming my nerves.

Nov 26, I'm pretty sure

I'm hype as fuck
I've never played a 40K game before but I know a lot about the lore
I got suckered in by how satisfying the movement and weapons look, plus I love horde defense types of games

Is this going to be anything like Vengeance of the Blood Angels?

Somewhat, I suppose: It's centered around Co-op, and looks a bit faster than that.

Yeah but tabletop roleplay gaming is not a thing here, and literally everything feels like its just sidematerial.

You uncultured savage.
DW puts the "POW" in "power fist"

Why do chaos marines rarely get a good representation? I'm still waiting.

Because chaos is one of the least interesting things in 40K

>Because chaos is one of the least interesting things in 40K
I don't know, Space Hell is pretty interesting to me.

You're pretty banal, aren't you? I bet you enjoy programming, too.

1d4chan is a shitty place to learn about 40k.

Try the Lexicanum. If you want a story that feels like it actually matters then I'd say read the Horus Heresy books(takes place 10,000 years before 40k). 40k books and stories are all self contained for the most part and only give you a glimpse of the universe rather than a wide view of it. Horus Heresy books appeal to people that want to read a story that has large implications for everything rather than the little pocket dimension that some 40k lore feels like.

I see, thanks user, I'll give them a read.

I am hyped as fuck, but my spider sense are all triggered. Hope the EYE and Cynide devs will deliver the game.

If anyone hand't seen it yet:
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ3U_HduTVA

Well that didn't feel good
Is it running at 25 fps or something?

There was some review of the first space hulk that talked about the removal of dice rolls and elimination of anticipation. Dude was spot on. You send a guy around a corner and there's this Tyranid beastie there and you gotta roll to see if your marine gets to keep living or if his guts decorate the walls. There's an anticipation. It's tense. It's fun. It was entirely absent from the first game.
This isn't space hulk and I'm not going to celebrate it. It's like I really enjoyed peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches served on a cardboard plate and these guys are offering me a cashew butter and raspberry current sandwich on a digital plate and telling me that it's the same sandwich I always enjoyed so much. It may be a good sandwich, but it ain't my space hulk pb&j.

Are you trying to learn the warhammer lore for the first time, or are you looking for 1d4chans spin on things? I'd recommend reading one of the actual wikis, then visit 1d4chan for the /tg/ inspired lels.

As with any sort of universe, start off with the main page that explains what the setting is. As you continue to read, or once done the page, open the hyperlinks generally made for people, places and things. Just keep opening new hyper links on every new page, and you'll learn everything.

Getting into the lore, I was not aware that site is like that - I've been recommended the lexicanum before.
I'm just not fond of reading wikis to learn stuff like this.

there are loads of youtubers who do lore videos. check out arch warhammer, his stuff is explained well and informative

When you watch a movie adaptation of a book, do you also get mad that they skipped all the words and inner thoughts and stuff?

does it seriously not have a release date yet?

cant beleive i preordered this dodgy shit

No, because a book is a book and a move is a movie but a game is a game. There's a much vaster distance between a book and a film than between a board game and a video game.

Probably good advice, thank you, but watching youtubers is probably most hated way of learning things like this for me. I'll read dem books and round out what I don't understand on the wiki, if the books won't grip me I'll just stick to the game.
My friends won't give a shit either way

No, not really.
There are differences of the same magnitude between video game and video game as between a book and a movie.
Games and video games are an extremely diverse subject, some of them close to books, some of them close movies, some of them close to accounting, some of them close to kick the can.

that arabic commentary is annoying as fuck

Nov 26

>no lightning claws
Are you dumb? spacehulk-deathwing.com/game#weapons

I'll do you one better.

Yes really. Your metaphor was shit. It didn't accurately encompass the situation at hand. I tried to be polite about it at first but it appears that's not going to work. Try again and try harder, if you have the capability to do so, that is.

I've made my point, while yours is "all games are the same so it should be the same even on a different medium", I don't think I need to explain myself.

>having time to read all ten thousand and counting HH novels

Fuck that garbage.
The only decent 40k literature is Ciaphas Cain

It's not even the first first-person Space Hulk game, for fuck's sake.

Except this isn't an adaptation of the spacehulk tabletop, there is already a video game for that. This draws inspiration, of course, but its an entirely different beast. It was never meant to be the tabletop spacehulk but and FPS/horror where you go where even space marines tread cautiously.

Go easy on him. He's probably underaged, or at least under 20.
To them anything that came before like 2004 is obscure

Does this footage exist without germans pausing the video every 20 seconds?

Lexicanum and 1d4chan for all your shit. Keep in mind that the latter is meant to be humorous. Be very wary about the warhammer wiki as they straight up make shit up for some articles.

Have you seen how many HH books there are? Terrible idea.

That is not my point. You need to prove that the space hulk board game is supposed to be as different from the video game as a book and a movie are. You have come nowhere close to doing so, which is no surprise because this is an impossibility. Find another argument.

I'm worried. They barely show any gameplay footage or have said anything about the game. I'd like to preorder but them being quiet makes me not trust them

Why would I need to prove that?
What are you projecting here?

Its a board game vs a video game, the difference between these two easily matches the magnitude of book vs movie.
I'm done you dumb fuck, glad you don't get to enjoy anything.

There's already Space Hulk which is a straight up copy paste of the boardgame.
Space Hulk Ascension which is the same type of gameplay but refined and expanded upon. Pretty good game by the way.

But you complain when someone takes the source material and does a kickass FPS out of it? Literally kys

>Slaneeshes birth alone swallows part of a galaxy and almost extincts an entire race
>Seeing Tzeenches schemes slowly unravel and twist
>Seeing the utter horror of Nergals spawn
>BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
>Chaos is not interesting

No.

1d4chan.org/wiki/That_guy

>lmao so edgy and grim xd lets be so lolsorandumb XD we have black armor and spikes everywhere KEWL!!11!!

Chaos is the worst part of Warhammer. And only retarded teenagers find appeal in them.

But user, they've already made Space Hulk: The Board Game into Space Hulk: The Video Game!

Do you just hate fun spinoffs?

>so edgy and grim
I think you're thinking of the Imperium. Constantly sperging about "Clensing," and "Superior races," and all the other retard-bait shit.
>lets be lolsorandom
Thinking of the Orks maybe?
>black armor
Have you even seen figurines before
>spikes everywhere kewl
Orks again?

So anything with "Space Hulk" in the name has to have dicerolls? Fuck that. This looks way more interesting.

You're retarded dude. The other guy's right while you're getting pissy and saying "No I'm right." without debunking his points but claiming the argument highground. You're saying he needs to prove his claim but that applies to your claims just as much as his.

Theyre to good at sucking to choke on a dick.

>You're saying he needs to prove his claim but that applies to your claims just as much as his.

I'm not involved in this, but Burden of Proof exists for a reason.

This looks pretty black and spiky to me. Fair enough, something like Emperors Children has a bit different color palette but even then they've got spikes all over their armor.

Also
>blood for the blood god XDD
>hey lets betray everyone over and over again in a massive scheme to no goal
>hey lets put dicks on chicks to be mature
>literal fart jokes
These are pretty fucking edgy and lolsorandom mate.

Chaos is literal shit

If this goes well maybe they will throw down a gorka morka video game.

>Out on the dunes with some lads looking for loot. Spot a rival gang and fight them. Half trak tearing up the sand, drive up on a rival buggy and unload your twin linked cannon into the side while they try to board you. Fighting hand to hand while trying not to drive into the rocks. Miss a turn hit the rocks and eject everyone on board.

This is the life

The dev were pretty pissed against this video because they deactivated a lot of stuff like recoil and ran the game on a toaster.

>because they deactivated a lot of stuff like recoil
Why is that even an option

how do you know they were pissed

The problem with Chaos is that they're usually represented in the extremes.
Its never the calculating of the Iron Warriors, the subtlety of the Alpha Legion, or the terror of the Night Lords. Its KILL MAIM BURN, some scheming of Tzeentch, Nurgle is kinda there, and Slaanesh got Noise Marines in Retribution

The game is currently very easy to mod.
Currently because they don't know if GW will approve/turn a blind eye to that.

It's in french but one of the Streum On dev post there sometimes: canardpc.com/forums/threads/82188-Space-Hulk-Death-Wing-ou-quand-E-Y-E-rencontre-Warhammer-40k

>tfw this game will be delayed / or be mediocre
JUST

I know its Streum On but I'm still fucking anxious. The low amount of content shown is really spooky.
This is also the first game I've preordered in a long time.

Hopefully it'll be moar than just 'nids. Like can we have some Chaos and Orks?

here is the one reason i do not care

>$39.99

isnt it 5p coop?

Pretty sure GW wouldn't give them the rights to anything but nids

I feel you user. I'm telling myself that the lack of content shown is because SO is busy actually making the game instead of a bunch of faggy dev update videos.

If I believe it hard enough it has to be true, right?

pray harder

They better be able to sell this game in under two hours because I'm probably gunna refund it if it isn't fucking amazing at this point.

This is incredibly unprofessional

I haven't been so torn about a game for a long fucking time.

On one hand so little footage 20 days from release is suspicious as fuck and gets my Spidey senses going, especially with a pre order option.

On the other hand, the gameplay we have seen looks amazing and the atmosphere looks incredible, and anyone who knows anything about a 40k game knows atmosphere will make or break it.

You could make a 40k game with zero plot and average gameplay, but if you nail the atmosphere which it looks like they might have then it will be fantastic.

Fuuuuuuck I hope it's good because I have 3 friends who will play it too. I have been waiting my whole life for a co op 40k game that isn't an rts or shit.

Pic related will be streum on if they do this right.