>start new job at ebgames
>hear "i can't tell the difference between framerates" on my first day

What did I get myself into?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QksH65BmjK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A retail job.

I can't.
It's rare I see any difference at all, when I do it's the tiniest thing I'd almost never notice when playing.

i don't get the big deal
who cares
all that matters is if it's fun

Nice blog.
Now fuck off.

I always wanted to work at a EB games, do they have Chirstmas positions? I already have a job as a Nurse and really only wanna do a handful of shifts just for the taste

If the 30 fps is completely stable, it really is hard to tell the difference in most games. There's some genres where it's more apparent than others.

Yes

Yeah same
Yeah when something is moving all choppy below 30fps, I'll be able to tell, but the whole 30/60fps thing? No clue.

All that matters is that the game is running at its intended fps, whether it be 30 or 60.

You two can't be real. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Also I game on a 60fps monitor, but have gamed on a 144hz monitor. There's a huge difference.

Most people can't be a serious difference between framerates. That's how eyes work, user, anything above 24fps is going to be similarly fluid. Only super-autists that need to count frames and pixels really care about fps, the only real exception are pro-level gamers who play Street Fighter for huge championships with big prizes at the end, because they need the pixel perfect and frame perfect precision. Anyone else is just autistic and convinces themselves something meaningless like frames matter outside of competitive games. Daily Reminder that Majora's Mask and Ocarina of time were only 15 to 20fps depending on region, and that was enough for the games to be completely playable and considered two of the best games in all of history.

hey guys

Give them Metal Gear Solid 3D to play on an O3DS then ask them if they feel anything

I really can't
Like I'm not even memeing or shitposting.
I have a hard time telling the difference.

They probably haven't had that luxury though. I can tell a difference, but I'd probably have to see it on 144hz in person, and that's not possible unless you spend the cash for it. If you're not convinced there's a big difference, then why spend the cash?

>nintendo
>best games in history

funny to see cucks who adore japanese culture still exist outside of *unzips katana* memes

Nah. 30 to 60 FPS have noticeable difference especially if you turn off those goddamn motion blur

I play games on a GT540M and once-twice a month I go to a friend's house who's packing some GTX 1080 and god knows what and play there, I know what I'm talking about

I won't say the difference is meaningless, but it's pretty much on point

t. consolecuck

Unless a game stutters or runs poorly, the fps doesn't actually matter for non-competitive games. Yeah for Street Fighter and MOBAs every frame might matter, but for whatever non-competitive game you play it really doesn't mean shit. Like, MGS3D is an example of a game with an extremely below average frame rate, but that's irrelevant because it's an outlier and doesn't mean shit to anything else. Anything with an average framerate or better will be fine, as long as it's stable.

So, did you have more fun on that 144hz monitor, or did your autism just activate and say "wow, I can see frames" and that was it? Yeah you might "notice" more frames, but you're an autistic Sup Forumstard and noticing more frames doesn't correlate to better gameplay or having fun.

I can tell the difference but I don't care.
30 fps as long as it's fluent, is perfectly fine.

Having higher standards only taints your enjoyment and costs more money.

60 fps is nice to have but not a must

Anything above is as ridiculous as those "audiopholes" with 3000$ equipment just to listen to trash music

No actually, pretty much every gaming scene hailed it as the greatest accomplishment in gaming at the time, and unlike Mario 64 it had a story and aged a bit better.

It's double the framerate nigga. How can you not tell? Look at this gif and tell me you don't see difference. Look at this video and tell me you don't see a difference.

youtube.com/watch?v=QksH65BmjK4

That's just looking at it though. Actually playing is a whole other matter. It's one of those things you'd just feel. Try playing a game that's 30fps then play it in 60fps. You will feel it.

>Having higher standards only taints your enjoyment
I get what you mean but the way you say it makes it sound sad

>15fps is playable

This is bait right?

This post is so retarded
You are retarded. Seriously tie a rock to your neck and jump into a lake. People who know you probably think it was an accident anyway because you're stupid.

There's a difference between a tech demo and seeing something in action.

You might "feel" a difference, but it doesn't actually improve the game. Yeah it might be better for the game to have more frames, but it isn't like a game is unplayable if it isn't 60fps.

So you're claiming Ocarina of Time and most other older games are completely unplayable and nobody ever bought an N64 or older console, right?

easiest way to tell is to play something for a while at 60 fps, then go back to 30 fps, and 30 will look like a slide show

With the white text on black background I can tell just fine.

With the two videos I can see it a bit better. But if I was actually playing I'd be too focused on what I was doing to notice.

Sorry user.

Th other day i was playing TW3 at 60fps then i wanted to see what it looked like at 30 so i locked it there and turned on motion blur just like the consoles and radial blur, and as pretentious as it sounds the difference is night and fucking day terrible experience just saying, It was honest to fucking god hard to look at so i did other testing and locked GTA V at 30 with motion blur and honestly it wast that bad on it surprisingly then i did it to battlefield 1 which was dumb since even consoles get 60 but it was also very terrible, 30 fps just sucks for most games sure sometimes it doesnt matter but damn sometimes it just does a lot.

I can see it in the gif, but not in the video.
i mean fuck me for all I know the gif is exaggerated.

I dunno.
Not to bothered by it
I guess if anything it's good I don't see it, I don't have to worry about it.

C'est la vie, I guess.

I'm completely able to tolerate some shit framerates if I'm using a controller, but if it's a mouse...I can't fucking stand it.

>it doesn't actually improve the game.
>Yeah it might be better
>inb4 I said might
Dude

How?
For example
I played Bloodborne for countless hours and I come to Sup Forums and saw people shitting on the framerate.
I genuinely didn't csre/notice before and it reminded me of how glad I am to not care about those things.

You can literally enjoy more games for less money this way.

I know people with high end rigs like to think they're getting the better experience but they're honestly not.

As long as all 15 frames are seamless, there should be no issue.

>it doesn't actually improve the game
> Yeah it might be better for the game to have more frames

You contradicted yourself in the same post

Also i would like to add i got my first BJ yesterday it was sick as fuck then we banged and she screamed, best sex ever, hope it happens again

A decently fast game will look harder on the eyes at 30 FPS, but unless it's PS4's silky smooth almost 22 FPS it won't look like a slideshow, before or after trying 60 FPS.

some people just dont fucking care

I wonder how many retards will be watching this at 480p or something instead of the 60fps resolutions and then complaining they can't see the difference.

or going from 300 to 60

Yeah yeah, I get it. I'm used to play games on cheapo hardware so I rarely complain, but I just like it when devs are able to push the limit of their games with available tech to show off stunning games. Like Doom, Doom's great on PC (and also on console I assume)

I truly can't tell the difference either. The only way I can tell is if I go back and forth between 60 and 30 immediately and make a point to tell the difference between the two. If I were to just start playing a game without knowing any better I would have no fucking clue what the difference was.

Besides, your job isn't to play video game curator so who cares at your wage? Your only responsibilities are to be polite, stock shit, answer the phone and handle the cash register.

No problem with that, just don't get cocky about it and make threads like OP.

Reality.

Enjoy it, you smelly sheltered elitist.

Well it is Sup Forums after all, threads like these always pops up at least once every two days

gif is not exaggerated you blind rat

>What did I get myself into?
a shitty minimum wage slave position

>I've never played a PC game in my life

Seems like it, if the video isn't exaggerated, I'd think I'd see that difference in the video and not just the gif.

>So you're claiming Ocarina of Time and most other older games are completely unplayable

They are.
ESPECIALLY OoT.

Yes yes, it layed the groundwork for a lot of today's games. Sure, credit where it's due. But it's a horrid mess now. Choppy as fuck. Retarded fighting animations and mechanics. Long ass loading times between zones. Blurry as hell.

it's unplayable.

I can't tell if you're shitposting or underaged.

>Working at a video game store
Why would anyone want to do that? Go work at an arcade if you love video games.

>implying there's financially stable arcades outside of japan

shut up and shill games retail cuck

>retail cuck
>implying having a job is bad

How are your parents doing?

Because if it is constant you just get used to it. I never experienced anything while playing on ps3, no not even tlou, but now after playing on pc I am used to 60fps and anything under it will feel slow for the first half hour

>salty dead end job cuck

There's one a couple of miles from my house.

Tuck off.

>loading times
>n64
What did he mean by this?

This is insanity.
Sup Forums has gone off the deep end regarding the memes this time

Because people are dumb fucks and make false equivalencies like this all the time. It's no different than somebody saying that they like sports and deciding to work in a factory making baseball gloves all day.

It's not a video game job no matter how badly people want to trick themselves into thinking it is. It's a customer service job, and it's your responsibility to sell copies of cowadooty to single moms with 8 year olds swinging off of them.

reading all your rambling about fps when you are obviously dumb as shit really FUCKING pisses me off

ok idiots, the human eye can't see past 24 fps anyways, so they use 30fps to make up for framerate drops (if you even know what that means you retards), so that it doesn't go below 24

educate yourselfes before posting here

I used to not be able to notice frames, but then I played the new halo games that are sort of at 60 fps and went back to destiny which is stuck at 30 fps, and it was a pretty big difference imo
>inb4 console fag

>it's unplayable.

git gud

Sup Forums has ruined my vision and now I can only see "Ebingames".

I had to turn down the settings in a game I usually play on my PC for it to even run on my laptop, and all I've noticed is that particle effects get in the way even more during combat at lower framerate.

I was playing Cucklands 2 and I played the 360 version way more than on Xbone so when I upgraded I noticed it was a lot faster.

I didn't pay for either because I account share.

Frames are noticeable on some games on console versus pc like Battleftont 2 when the bothan shoots his invisible flamethrower but the game runs fine otherwise on consoles.

There's a difference between "marginally better on a technical level" and "improves the game".

they're consolefags

i couldnt really tell always until a few months after playing all games at 60fps on PC, either, but now 30fps vidya just feels like a waste of time because im so handicapped

they usually recognize that call of duty is more responsive than other games, but they dont know why, that its because its 60fps

What's the spooky thing you snuck in at the end?

Nice bait. When you're actually old enough to post here, feel free to come back.

No, there is a noticeable difference in fluidity between 30fps and 60fps.

That's a fucking racing game and it's best noticed in hands.

I think high frame rates, like 90+ are really only really a big deal for guys with really expensive PC hardware, or competitive players.
anything else 30-60 is just a quality of life thing for me, and I only really notice it on shooters. I think Diablo 3 is technically 60 frames on xbone, but I never really noticed it because the screen doesn't move as fast as halo/cod on 10 sensitivity

There is a difference between "a slight technical improvement" and "this will increase the quality of the game and the level of enjoyment the player can achieve".

>watching this at 480p or something instead of the 60fps resolutions
>60 fps resolutions
what the fuck am i reading

Well probably you should just ignore it even if it bothers you. I can tell the difference but I don't care what the framerate is as long as the game is playable. Would you sperg out on me?

Youtube will only play 60fps videos when you're watching at 720p or above and it's not something that turns on by default, you have to click a button to do it

Just because the difference is noticeable doesn't mean it hinders the enjoyment of the game. You guys do realize movies don't even reach 30fps most of the time, right? With games frames might be slightly more important, but being able to say "I can count more frame here" doesn't make a game more enjoyable.

As long as the framerate is stable and doesn't look janky and terrible it's fine, and even 24fps can look good as movies prove.

You're reading the delusions of someone that has autism so powerful they juggle buzzwords around when they don't even know what they mean. The kid probably made his parents buy him a $2000 PC that can run games at 120fps, so even though he doesn't understand what the specs mean he'll parrot off shit and pretend it's an obvious world-changing improvement so he doesn't have to admit to himself or his parents that the PC he has is a waste of money.

Well that really still is assuming the render output are perfect still images.

Which they of course usually are for games.

Nah, it'll play automatically IF your internet isn't shit.

What spooky thing?

I don't see anything wrong with that statement.

There is a difference in saying you can't perceive something and saying that something isn't there. He just has a poor vision or just doesn't care.

Copy that

the fucking spooky thing in the bottom right corner at the end of the gif

>a slight improvement

double the framerate takes double the power, and there seems to be a huge input lag inherent in most game engines, much larger than it should be for 30fps, it seems to be around 100-300ms on average, but it always goes away at 60fps

This gets posted all the time but is it actually any good?

>As long as the framerate is stable and doesn't look janky and terrible it's fine

except it isnt, its all over the place

fucks sake xboner put a fps cap at 40 on the witcher 3 for some reason even though it rarely even reaches it

ps4s killzone floats around like 45 fps

You don't usually see the differing framerates next to each other. I can tell if you show me a comparison, but i wouldn't be able to tell you what framrate a game runs at otherwise

>You guys do realize movies don't even reach 30fps most of the time, right

MOTION

BLUR

THAT'S WHY MOVIES FEEL FINE AT 24 FPS, FOR FUCKS SAKE

Judging by how many people I've seen claiming to not notice the difference, I genuinely believe some people's eyes literally can't see above 30fps on a screen. The only other conclusion I find remotely reasonable is said people are subhuman mongoloids who can't enjoy the simplest pleasures in life.

you just ignore them like an adult.
you dont need to over react to everything like your favorite streamer/youtube does.

Not saying you can't enjoy lower fps games, but how can you guys NOT notice the jump from 30 to 60?

it is because it does not matter much.
movies are at 24.

ITT people getting mad because other people don't care about something

Why so mad? You guys can obsess over fps and tweak your stuff for it however much you want, other people just don't care and there isn't a way to force them to give a shit about it.

>Daily Reminder that Majora's Mask and Ocarina of time were only 15 to 20fps depending on region, and that was enough for the games to be completely playable and considered two of the best games in all of history.

How to spot the 90s kid Redditor who wasn't allowed to own a PC 101

I can tell the difference but I really don't give a fuck

>who can't enjoy the simplest pleasures in life
They aren't the ones bitching about a number their overlay shows instead of enjoying a videogame, though.