Will this be the best jrpg in the past 5 years? new persona 5 trailer

will this be the best jrpg in the past 5 years? new persona 5 trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=Rlj4U4vzGl4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIEgN16g4iA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the appeal of the Persona series? Because it sure as hell ain't that turn based gameplay

sukamoto

Other than butchering sa KA mo to, it's surprisingly decent

The way he says Sakamoto is gaijin as fukk

Dating sims + dungeon crawling + pokemon
What's not to love?

>confusing "u" with "a"

FUCKING SHIT DUBS

>no dual audio
SENPAI SENPAI SENPAI

>What is the appeal of the Persona series?
Being a fucking loser who never talked to girls in highschool getting to experience it in simulation

>im ruuji sukamoto

His voice is mostly fine tho

Aside from how he said his surname, that voice really fits him.

I see less of a problem for the dub now really. Even Anne's dub voice fit her after comparing it to her JP voice.

Day -7 Undub the second the PS3 iso leaks.

Oh shit it's McBurn? I kinda hear him in his voice here.

Persona 5 will be the best RPG ever.

sounds breddy gud

>120 hours minimum
fuck that. no game is fun enough for that

>Talking down to other people you don't personally know at all to boost your own self esteem because they enjoy a piece of media that you don't enjoy to the point where you complain about it on a Mongolian picture trading website
>In the year of our lord two thousand plus sixteen
B8 or not you're still an autist.

What about XCX?

For me it is:
- setting: I love RPGs set in modern times
- art style: Persona and SMT in general have some of the best art styles out there, everything from creature designs to menus look super slick and awesome
- social sim elements: I love hanging out with people especially with cute anime girls
- soundtrack: Persona and SMT always had some of the best soundtrack in RPGs and from what I heard from P5 it is awesome and the best one yet

>weebs are so shit they need a socialization simulator

Don't you sometimes look in the mirror and just meditate your life and how much of a loser you are? I'm not half as pathetic as you are and I do it sometimes you know to hustle myself and get some motivation. You should try it maybe you'll be able to talk to a real person. Maybe even get a real date.

According to opinions, P5 is fun through the 120 hours

The dungeons are really improved.

Waifu

It's always waifu

What about it?

That game is like 200+ hours long and people here enjoyed I think

Virgin got upset. I'm sorry that I triggered flashbacks to your youth.

I've been translating this on twitch for the past 2 months.
Over 200hrs invested and it's still amazing. The characters are deeper and interesting and the gameplay is top notch. Love it!

Why the fuck would you waste time translating something that not only had confirmed translation but will also have an undub?

Baiting amateur hour?

I put 133 hours just in my first playthrough of P4G and I finished it 3 times with around 300 hours put in.

I already played it and no, the story and characters are not even close to persona 3 and 4.

The gameplay is outdated as fuck

The only thing it has over those 2 is better graphics

Almost convinced it's b8 now but if not then what is your motivation?

>Weeb
>Most likely a NEET too

What do you expect from autists?

Ah, it's just what I do. I translated Persona 1 and 4 already. Heck, I'll be doing Danganronpa soon, too.

They aren't deeper but at least none of them is as obnoxious as say chie or yukiko.

>call a game RPG
>but you're hardly roleplaying
kek

(you)

>will this be the best jrpg in the past 5 years
It's already out mate and it's great, the japanese version might be the greastet but the english version sure as fuck won't be.

I dunno, it's pretty fucking dark. Perhaps not as dark as 2 or 3, but certainly more than 4. The dungeons are sooooo much better though. I never played P4G, so I can't say much. Only played vanilla P4, but the dungeons in P5 are really a trip. Super fun.

>call a genre roleplaying games
>but you're still just going through the motions of a predetermined storyline
Whoa, that's nuts! To think that we were fooled for decades

What are you talking about? It's the norm for a RPG.

>will this be the best jrpg in the past 5 years?
Story-wise, possibly. Gameplay-wise? FINAL already came out.

Cringe.

SACCAMATOE

>unironically using "cringe"
Cringey af, son

You are going to date your teacher right?

Harem mode.

>using words ironically
What? And i cringe at EOPs waiting 5 months for that garbage, but mostly I just laugh.

final dont hold a candle to P5 tho

I would know, I played both

the
>SMT for gameplay Persona for story
meme is about to end in february

They'll fuck up her voice
I don't even want to imagine what they'll do to the lolis

>YAS QUEEN voice
no :^)

Son of Man I've played P5 as well. Final is at the peak for gameplay in the series. P5 is a huge improvement from P4, but still not as solid as Final.
If you think P5 has better combat than Final, you just prefer the style P5 has.

of course he can't even pronounce the name

They better not fuck up makoto voice or I will riot

According to latest mayonaka TV episode or whatever they call it, apparently Hifumi (一二三) is supposed to be one of the main characters. But they cut it because they need to shorten the game. Imagine if they didn't do it. 200 hours of awesomeness.
It's shame you can't be a harem master without getting stomped though. So many best girls in one game.

Succ-Ahh-Muh-toe

>we're going to do more than get back at society
Jesus fuck the Japanese wish fulfillment is strong

Whatever you say buddy

What makes P5's combat better than Finals?

someone explain what's happening here

Am I the only person that genuinely enjoys turn based rpg gameplay

Did he died?

Kid dropped into the abyss

Demon souls or bloodborne.

Its fine, but its real easy to fuck up and make the combat generic

>dating simulator
>best anything

The real king of JRPG comes out this month, not this dating trash

>sakamo-to
not "sa-ka-mo-to"
This nigger can't even say his own name correctly
Dual audio never.

What makes Final combat better than P5?

Maybe, but next year NieR will take the throne

friendless virgins can pretend to have friends and a love life

Yeah, and I LOVE how they're all different ages, too. I maxed out the doctor first. Tae is sooooooooooo fucking hot. THEM LEGS

It's dating and friendship simulator for those who have never experienced either and don't understand how people work.

They will, and force English dub after not giving a concrete answer on dual audio.

Please, if you care at all about this, please let them know:
[email protected]

highschool

NOot him, but its the actual turn press combat system with nerfed smirk from SMT4 that makes magic and physical equally viable instead of the botched Turn press version in P3 and P4 which they kept in P5 to finish battles quicker

Apocalypse has better combat and arguably better (though reused) music, while P5 is better in every other way. It may not have entertaining characters like Navarre/Gaston/Dagda/Krishna, but at least if they were transplanted into P5, they might have a shot at actual character development.

>I'M RYUJI SUCKONMAHTOES

jesus christ is there any voice direction on this shit at all or did they just localize the script and throw it at the actors

From a personal perspective, I enjoy the press turn system more. I never grow tired of the encounters since they're (usually) always quick and brutal.

From a perspective with actual credibility, Final took the broken aspects of IV's combat, such as smirking and partners, and completely reworked them to great effect. The combat is smooth, responsive and fast paced. Along with mid-fight dialogue and choices that make an impact on the fight, IV and Final added to the already solid system.

Yup. Persona is overall better in other departments aside from the combat which Final really nailed. I prefer mainline music over Persona's music but that's personal.

Makoto's actress is the only one of the cast to do VO in LA and Texas, while also doing theatre and film. She also has a cute voice. She's likely going to one of the better performers.

Press turn > one more

youtube.com/watch?v=BIEgN16g4iA

Uh, no thanks.

I'm more relived than worried because her voice actually has range. I loved her voice from Panty and Stocking and Kaze no Stigma

rip

If they made anything like Tartarus again I'm not fucking playing it. I'm pretty sure that's why I quit playing The Answer less than halfway through.

yes.

waifu and entry level school/social VN shit, in a familiar turn based JRPG package. also they have a unique style which separates them from your standard JPRG like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy

man this thread is going to be good

''COME HERE SUKUMOTO-COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON''

Get hype.

I prefer turn based RPG over any other types

I've never hated a dub more than this one. Sure, other dubs are worse, but this one replaces god tier VAs.

Turn based combat you mean, there's a lot more to the gameplay.