Dishonored

What's your opinion about the game, user? Did you liked it? Are you hyped for Dishonored 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKyT19o-Nl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't get it on launch, even if it did have FOV slider, but it had a fucking DLC option on menu.

Bought it years later and boy it was good. Arcane makes really good games.

It's a clumsy mess of cliches

Indeed, this game imo is god-tier and i just recently finished it. Can't wait to try out DLCs and Dishonored 2 hype.

It was fine, but they really need to do away with objective markets and blink was extremely overpowered.

There's no tension in stealth because even if you're caught, you're well equipped to deal with tons of enemies. The fear of getting caught is what makes a stealth game so fun. But yeah the game is pretty good, level design is great and the art style is nice.

Markers*

I also feel the game would benefit from a Hitman style limited number of saves system on higher difficulties.

Yeah it was really fun.
Hoping they didn't destroy it with the sequel.

Loved Dishonored, and I'm tacitly hype for Dishonored 2. My biggest concern is the timing of Bethesda's decision to withhold review copies on their games. No way in hell it was about Skyrim SE, and it makes me worried that there's something "wrong" with Dishonored 2 (too short, shit story, just straight up broken).

I liked it and I want to buy the definitive edition of the first one and try to finish it and the DLC before I get Dishonored 2 which I'm very hype for.

So I really like this franchise.

I think it was GOTY 2012. And the definite edition looks atmospheric as fuck. The world building and lore is top notch. The story itself is built on cliches but I felt it was unique in its execution - the thought that the loyalists basically destroyed themselves at the mere *thought* of having to fight you if you didn't go along with their scheme is actually really satisfying.

I don't quite like the thought of Emily having the Outsider mark. Doesn't fit with how the Outsider is portrayed in the first game. I think she should have been more gadget orientated whilst Corvo gets the powers. That would have made things... feel different between the two.

Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=vKyT19o-Nl8

I'm totally fine with her having powers. Makes it interesting af

Yeah but the Outsider rarely gives his powers to anyone, it feels like an ass pull to have Emily get them just because.

I suppose the main thing is they have different powers which should make for different experiences.

holy fuck i dont remember you being able to cut people in half. and i don't think i knew you could duck to dodge attacks

and holy shit
>stopping time just when he fires off a shot
>take control of him
>make him walk in front of his own shot
>actually kills him
this game pays such attention to detail holy shit

I think it's fine

She, like Corvo, was thrust into an interesting situation through no real fault of their own. Outsider took notice and, being a man of insatiable curiosity, wanted to see just how the situation could play out.

I saw this dude's vids
Not gonna lie, he's good.

doesn't he usually give them to someone if he thinks it'll entertain him

>Did you like it?
It was mediocre. Wasted potential and really shitty design decisions.

>Are you hyped for Dishonored 2?
Not at all.

this video shows me how wrong I played Dishonored

>StealthBR will upload more with Dishonored 2

I KNOW EXACTLY WHY I HAVE THIS BONER

I managed to slow the time just in time when Havelock shot at me, controlled him and killed him using his own bullet.
Never felt happier because everytime i tried to pull that shit, it was always too late.

>i dont remember you being able to cut people in half
I think that's what adrenaline does.

Is that a joke or is there actually an adrenaline mechanic that I'm unaware of

There is an adrenaline mechanic. You have to buy a specific power and then you gain adrenaline when you kill NPCs. Once you killed enough NPCs you press whatever button you have to press and you oneshot kill a guard, even if he's in his blocking stance.

nope

Well shit, I must've forgotten. Now I'm even more excited to replay the game when I buy the definitive edition

>people hype up the daud dlc
>play it
>boring as shit with worse powers
why do I even listen to you people

Just replaying it after playing the daud dlc's. I like it, and it has some nice nuances in npc dialogue. Lets hope that there is some kind of option of turninig quest markers off in 2. Honestly, the different kinds of non-lethal options sound amazing. Im not hyped, but pretty interested anyway. Havent really watched or read anything about to keep myself in the dark about it.

I thought you could mess around in the options menu to disable objective markers in Dishonored 1?