Reminder Color Splash was well received by players

Everyone loves Color Splash despite Sticker Star's poor reputation due to all the improvements it made.

This proves:
>Nintendo knows what they are doing
>That other similarly disliked franchises like Star Fox and Federation Force will make a comeback with sequels.
>That the people who continue to complain about the game are a vocal minority who no one takes seriously or listens to.
>That The Thousand Year Door will NEVER get a sequel.

It feels good to be a Nintendo fan.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ Paper Mario Color Splash.jpg,/image/GHO2a22gTau_zGRC2V2cGQ/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ I love going on message boards /image/E8IPTCesu7ryFdJJ_53x7w/
gamejolt.com/games/epic-paper-mario/71638
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only cucks and casuals lime CS

tip-top quality shitposting here, though you'll still get plenty (You)s as Sup Forums is retarded

You mean the game that sold less than 50k copies and even reddit hates it?
I thought youd give up by now, cody

i just love how this sold less than liquid shit. I love it. I love how federation force sold like shit as well. Same with star fox zero.

Here's something you have to know about 'hated' Nintendo titles: People are being manipulated into hating them by butthurt Youtubers and game journos.

Actual players like myself love them.

But i played cs and ff
Both of them go against what the franchises both set up, and even not compared to previous games, the mechanics are deeply flawed

>But I played

No you didn't. If you had, you wouldn't be saying that.

I think Sup Forums needs to realize that there is a very real audience of people out there who love complaining about games they've never played, and refer to assholes like Arlo and Egoraptor to 'prove' that they're right.

where is your proof that i didnt play it?
i was one of the first anons posting ending spoilers when the game was leaked

Complaining about mechanics.

There's nothing wrong with them.

there is when the combat is a chore and while paint gives a superficial impression that you are progressing, it only matters on the final boss
the combat is still the same shit as ss, but it is even clunkier. no more damage indicators besides color so you cant tell specifically which cards are better than others, and the whole having to search through your cards and fill them and flick to perform actions
the overworld is alright but the meat of the game, the battles, are completely shit, and im surprized no one at development said "wait this is absolutely boring and stupid"
because of the "perfect bonus" all normal battles were designed to be completed in one turn, that would be fine but there is no strategy. all you do is spam your most powerful cards, but even so that isnt needed since you can just use that hammer x5 cards to attack all enemies. also targetting only the first enemy makes battles be choices of "which cards can i afford to waste"

loving every laugh

Cody pls

>Combat is a chore

Lol. Every encounter can be ended after a single turn. It's not tedious: It's how you level up your paint meter which, may I remind you, is how you can start OHKO enemies on the field. Battling, much like Sticker Star, does have a purpose. Even if some are too stupid too realize it.

>The overworld is alright, but the meat of the game, the battles...

Ahahahaha.

Paper Mario has never been about the combat. I'm not sure why people are trying to claim it ever was. CS, simply put, takes the traditional overworld exploration to new heights while offering a simple battle system for encounters with enemies. Boss fights, for instance, are a lot of fun and very creative. Trying to counter Ludwig's battleship was a lot of fun.

In short, CS streamlined the combat system in order to double down on the REAL meat of the game, the overworld.

every time i battled an enemy, i felt like they are there just to increase playtime instead of actual obstacle for character growth. the other battle spoils, the coins, are worthless since you can get your fill by painting spots in the overworld or from blocks (same with cards) so there is no need to ever need them except to buy the things required to progress or to pay for the steak if you mess up in tangerino grill.
overral the game is better than sticker star, but at least ss showed how much damage you dealt in numbers and had pages of stickers at once instead of a list of cards that takes too long to scroll through
the gamepad isnt needed at all as offtv mode shows, it can use a single screen just fine and you can battle with buttons, so why didnt they include pro controller support either is besides me

if they wanted to reduce the battle system, why not remove it completely and have only the overworld instead of a barely functional thing that only wastes your time?

is that way puzzles are still simple as fuck and the world is reduced to spots on a map again?

is this like a false-flag to make CS fans look like retards or do you seriously believe any of that?

I rented and played Color splash. TTYD is one of my all time favorite games, and I still really liked it. I'm glad that it wasn't a TTYD-2 and that it was actually something different for a change, and the locations and puzzles were really enjoyable.

I wish I could say as much about the battle system, but. Eh. You win some, you lose some.

Still a solid 7/10 in my books.

As someone who enjoyed Color Splash, I can't understand why you would believe this.

64 = TTYD > CS > SPM >>>>>> SS

Agreed.

>fan

Into the trash you go.

>The Thousand Year Door will NEVER get a sequel.
why is this a good thing

what was bad about sticker star?

People dont really want a sequel to ttyd. They want a game that uses the same battle system and builds on it
A new pm game with ttyd mechanics and pm64 level and character design would be the perfect pm game

CS > SPM

>Paper Mario has never been about the combat
I'm pretty sure the main draw was how perfectly Paper Mario games used to handle narrative inside of scripted combat battles while also delivering interesting combat with timed actions and the badge system, but I probably didn't play those games either.

damn that sucks

I don't get why ALL attacks have to be cards. Why not just specials?

>nintendo titles are fine as long as you're a nintendrone
Uh-huh.

The problem isn't the cards, it's how the cards are used.

Using up a card everytime was stupid, and it forced you to buy/find more cards, which just made it easier to run from battles

They SHOULD Have taken a page from KH: Chain of memory's deck system.

Make cards as scarce and special as badges, with jump/hammer cards being more common, make them more expensive, and make deck capacity, so you can't over-abuse them. Same for item and partner cards.

You could then customiz your deck, plan what you need, then go to battle, rather then wasting card after card and painting them.

Over 30 years of experience designing games, and only now this kind of shit starts happening, its like they are going backwards

The people have changed. Iwatas gone, Miyamoto doesnt actually do anything, its all young upstarts Tabata hired when he fired all the good people.

Miyamoto didn't supervise this one, he did for Paper Jam which led to a lot of solid gameplay additions and tweaks.

You fuckers gotta stop taking the bait jesus

It's substantially better than Sticker Star, but again, the whole battle system is awful. At least getting "fp" upgrades through hammers and hp upgrades from getting paint stars gives you the semblance of character progression through the story, but I just don't understand why IS thought cards were a good idea in their current form. Making paint less plentiful and making cards far rarer but permanent, or having an active hand of a couple cards you could choose from would have been better.

You forgot:

>sold less than 50,000 copies

This isn't the NES days anymore sport, Ninty is luck if they sell more then 20,000 with any given game of theirs these days.

Color Splash is amazing, no amount of bitching on Sup Forums can take away from the game and writing being fun. Sorry it's not the Paper Mario you know - but it doesn't mean you should hate it just because of that.

this
a card system could have been fantastic and a lot of fun if it had been well designed

But it isn't fun. They somehow managed to make Sticker Star's battle system even shittier by making you jump through hoops just to use an attack.

>have to look through your whole deck just to find the one you want
>then you have to fill it with paint
>then confirm your selection
>then flick it
>all for one fucking jump

But that's the nintendo fanbase

Cody, stop. It's getting really pathetic now.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ Paper Mario Color Splash.jpg,/image/GHO2a22gTau_zGRC2V2cGQ/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/ I love going on message boards /image/E8IPTCesu7ryFdJJ_53x7w/
>Cody
do your job already, mods.

funny everyone (even Nintendo shills) that enjoyed CS says the gameplay was the worse part of Color Splash

Because people misunderstand what the gameplay actually is.

People criticize the combat for being simple, when in reality it gives you a short break from exploring the world which is the real focus of the game.

>People criticize the combat for being simple
liar

While I don't agree with Codyposter, the combat is really simple, it's just hyper tedious.

>People are being manipulated into hating them by butthurt Youtubers and game journos.
even though i pirated it with Loadiine and still thought it was shit? you're a fucking retard, kid

>when in reality it gives you a short break from exploring the world which is the real focus of the game
okay but i'm playing an rpg not a walking simulator

Paper Shittio isn't a RPG anymore

"Action-Adventure"

Or do something like battle network where you have a deck made up of limited number of special attacks but always have a cost-free, but weaker form of damage.

Hi Cody

Fuck off, Nintendo should obviously stay the smae despite the entire world changing every year and half, Nintendo should ONLY cater to my demographic alone.

can someone post that cap of cody on memebase defending meta reviews on what SFV and Pokken gotten?

as much i love seeing SFV getting shit for being a shit fighting game, this bias is pretty pathetic tbqh.

>don't listen to these journos! these are pretendos shitting on this godawful entry to a good Nintendo series.
>but listen to these journos! they actually gave it good reviews on the turd i like.

how's sammy doing?

did his mom let him use the computer again?

Look at this and tell me Color Splash is better

Pro Tip: You cant

gamejolt.com/games/epic-paper-mario/71638

Eh, it looks ok.

Shame it's never coming out

This is just... eh

Of course WiiU users were gonna like it, this year was so poor for them they are willing to take anything

>That toad OC
Dropped.
Also the pacing for jump timing is WAAAAY off, its too floaty

looks like SPM or the stupid Bowser minigame from TTYD

can people stop defending SPM please?

i understand people like playing as Bowser, switching dimensions, Dimentio everything, and want to plow Mimi's spider cunt but overall it's basically on the righter edge the "horseshoe theory" of which Paper Mario game is pretty low as hell