Animal Crossing

Was the new update enough to pull you back in?

also:
>amiibo Festival's only good feature getting ported to New Leaf
>doesn't require amiibo to play it
kek

Other urls found in this thread:

animal-crossing.com/newleaf/new-features/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I prompt it to let me scan my amiibo? is that part not in yet?

Gotta find the magic lamp in town, Wisp will call out to you when you're close by

Where is it I can't find it anywhere

Did you get the update yet?

You need to have reached a certain part of the game in order for it to appear, of course Nintendo won't go into specifics.

Also I'm pretty sure you can't have any other special villagers in your town or else he won't show up.

Are those new items amiibo-exclusive?

Thanks. I almost deleted my save. It's always good to ask before doing something.

Tempted to, but will most likely not bother. Selling off my village and starting from scratch doesn't seem too bad as it would give me a quicker start, but at the same time I have quite a few pieces of furniture that would be almost impossible to find again if I reset my village.

I wish I waited two years to sell my town.

Time traveler here.

I got wisp on the second day, not sure if thats needed though. got him while I walked back from main street.
I checked a few campers and I did not see the N3ds and wii U UNTIL I used my Rover amiibo, which had both of them. those 2 might be amiibo only

Where's my fucking console game

How long do they intend on milking New Leaf?

Surely a new AC must be under development by now.

>he actually spent real life money on children's toys
>he didn't hack his 3DS and spawn 100 of everything for free

LMAO

Whats wrong with giving free updates to old games?

This will be the only proper AC for 3DS and the 3DS future lineup isnt so hot so it makes sense they would do this to keep people around longer

>I checked a few campers and I did not see the N3ds and wii U UNTIL I used my Rover amiibo, which had both of them. those 2 might be amiibo only

They are AC amiibo FIGURE only, but you can also get them in the crackers (as of the update)

I'm guessing they aren't going to make a AC game until they see the results of the Switch, which doesn't make sense since AC is a game that people would buy a game system for.

I actually thought they'd tease something at the end of the Direct
But I guess that was asking for too much

Seeing as the complaints of Wild World and City Folk was that they were too similar to the original with minor add-ons (or a complete removal of features in Wild's case) I don't see them making another for quite a while.

The squandered the potential greatness of a Wii U AC with the tablet more or less being perfectly made for it and instead used good assets to make a terrible game, Amiibo Festival.

Switch won't be able to have the tablet used as inventory and shit.

Teach me senpai

Is new leaf better than WW?

can anyone explain what the update adds? Isn't it just nothing but amiibo shit, not actually changing anything?

Majority is amiibo shit but there are some general quality of life improvements and new minigames that dont require amiibo.

Going off of this thread you can "sell your town"? Whatever that means

The villagers have less personality and they don't develop hobbies in New Leaf.

I prefer WW because when I played New Leaf I'd just grind for bells more than anything.

You can literally sell your entire town to Tom Nook, yes.

animal-crossing.com/newleaf/new-features/

How does that even work.
Does it include himself?

They Direct said we'll now be able to use HH's controls for moving funriture, but I can't figure out how to do it. any idea?

Theres also something about a catalogue in nooks homes, but I cant find that either.

>can't actually have a villager move in with you
>just some ghost pretends to be them

What a disappointment. At least now it seems like there's better control over who you can invite into your town, but that requires spending money on cards that aren't even in most stores anymore (or ordering singles online).

You mean there are less personality types or that the types are less distinct?
And I dont remember the hobby thing, I didnt play WW enough it seems

It's mostly so people who dropped the game years ago and don't even want to bother with their old town can get a fresh head start.

Nook evaluates your whole town and buys it for a price depending on how good it is, you can then use the money to get a jump start on a new town.

You can have them move in with you if you visit them at the camp site and convince them.

Do you have to use freeshop to get the update? It's not showing in the eshop's updates list.

That's a cute pupper.

Also the features do seem kind of cool I guess. This was the AC I played for the longest before dropping it, but even then it was only like a month or two.

>>can't actually have a villager move in with you
>>just some ghost pretends to be them
The direct said Wisp will pretend to be them, then they'll move into the campground, THEN you can go over to their RV and convince them to move in for real.

Aren't singles not that expensive?

I don't even remember, what do the cards of shit like blathers do?

On mobile yes.

And here was me hoping the'd give Blathers his dialogue back.

Someone redpill me, what did i miss?

Is it worth it to buy this game now if I've never played an AC game before?

Since when can you get "Wolf Link" as a villager? I guess it's with the TP amiibo?

yeah for 20 bucks

Update was probably to make some use of the Amiibo and cards as Festival and HHD died almost immediately.

Nice to see elements of HHD and the island survival came to New Leaf, prob best elements from those 2 games.

thanks, anons. I don't have any amiibo but I'm glad there's things like new minigames.

They repeat dialogue in New Leaf more and hobbies are like "hey let's see who can catch a fish faster" or get them specific furniture.

should be with TP amiibo.

While some of the features of the update do improve the game considerably, there were so many other features that could've been added that would have made the game a much more enjoyable experience instead of a grind most of the time. features like;

>The ability to evict villagers
>The ability to choose where new villager plant their house
>Allowing another villager's house to expand like yours but in a different way
>Being able to choose how a villager dresses so they don't all end up with the same shirt
>Being able to designate certain spots/areas as flowerbeds and pathways
>Being able to dress up villager even more instead of just shirts, like pants, shoes, hats and glasses

I just want more control, I am the mayor and I feel like nothing is in my control.

You're still not going to make me buy your shitty amiibos and amiibo cards nintendo, stop trying.

talk to lottie

Maybe you can have one of those, in the new game, in 2019.
Maybe.

She's not in Nook's Homes, am i missing her?

Also I'm using my cards but it not letting me invite them to stay, do I have to use only the new cards? the only option I get is "Give me something"

all i want is the ability to send mail to other players via wi-fi

that would change EVERYTHING

Metroidfags really need to stop shitposting in every single Nintendo threads

order the secret space, then wait a day or time travel.

>Oh nice I get new mail
>ur a fagget
>ur a fagget
>ur a fagget

I dont see the appeal.

It was called swapnote

I still miss my Japanese AC gf FUCK YOU NINTENDO

Haven't you realized that Isabelle is using you to have all the power of a mayor by relieving you of all the responsibilities of a mayor? Look away for a second and she;'s already gone and installed an RV park without your permission.

sending little messages and presents without having to visit each other

>ahh harriet... my sweet harriet
what did he mean by this?

I'm not getting the option to order it.

He wants to screw the pooch.

I made this For you

>I lost my game cart a year ago
>will never see best girl again

I want death

>you were at my side...all along...

Those people work on Splatoon, so they've been too busy supporting that and are too busy working on Spla2n to work on a real Animal Crossing.

Game is hot as fuck, decided to start all over again, I'm actually hype as fuck, since I kinda dropped the game two years ago, didn't know how to get comfy back then.

I had a hearty chuckle.

Thanks user.

id restart if i didnt have all these rare items and more bells than what i'd be compensated

also the big fucking tree in town i earned

Everything seems to be able to be gotten without amiibo in some way except probably collaboration villagers. The minigames for example are on the fortune cookie list.

Some are but the ones you get from Harvey you need special tickets to purchase.

>still not an easier/faster way to put patterns in the floor

He meant that she's best girl, which among special villagers is true.

I must've missed an update a while ago, don't know what a town pass card is

You can get those tickets by doing daily objectives.

the thing with your picture on it

>Harriet
>not Reese
ya ducked up

Do I have to commit to rebuilding my town in the main menu before Nook will offer to buy it? I'm not sure I want to start over if I won't get anything for it.

The Direct literally shows that Wisp changes into them to show you who you want to summon, and when you choose to do so, Wisp will summon the actual villager, idiot.

>either don't get any of these new amiibo villagers in your town because at this point you always have a steady influx of 9-10 villagers we couldn't bother to make a QoL improvement on with this big update.
>or reset your game. Heres some pity change.
fuck this. Actually put me in a bad mood.

>villagers can move in with you now

What the actual shit

>>villagers can move in with you now
what?

THAT'S COOL BUT CAN I FUCK THE VILLAGERS?

Stop lying

are they listed or posted nywhere or do you just do shit and see what you get?

Link, Wolf Link, and Zelda give you Wolf Link. Shiek gives you Epona. Ganondorf gives you Ganon. Toon Link gives you Medili.

Are Zelda and Splatoon the only non-AC compatible amiibo?

Is the update out already?

>New leaf
>Updates

Wow.

Remember your little ID the Dream Town Address was on? They're listed there. If you don't remember it, they're under the red tab on the touch screen.

I'm just going by what this thread is saying, I haven't seen the direct yet.

Yep

Yeah. You can also use Villager who is technically a Smash amiibo.

The best way to get someone to move out is to talk to someone once and never again right? Some cunt moved into my front garden, I see the roof of her(?) fucking house every time I exit my house, it's that close.

I DUNNO FAGGOT! WHY DIDN'T YOU WATCH THE DIRECT BEFORE ASKING SUCH A RETARDED QUESTION?

Who said that in the thread?

Oh, Splatoon is compatible? Those are literally the only amiibos I have.

4 years between AC and WW
3 years between WW and CF
4 years between CF and NL
4 years between NL and now
Certainly seems on schedule, so I don't know where "surely" is coming from. Especially given they are now moving to the NX so that would delay any development already done for a different system.

Yep.

The Monster Hunter ones Japan have work too. Dunno if they'll work on the English version. There's also a set of cards for Sanrio stuff, but they aren't confirmed for America yet.