This guy comes into your lobby and tells you he's all warmed up

this guy comes into your lobby and tells you he's all warmed up

what do you do Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSDmUK2Zhs0
youtube.com/watch?v=VbM4nuR-gaQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what does his im all warmed up thingy even do?

I tell him that he won't hear the full ten count and why won't he go to hell

counter hit on next hit

ask him whats wrong with his face

Finish him in two minutes.

probably kick his ass since he's low-mid tier as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=FSDmUK2Zhs0

Wonder why I'm playing a current gen fighting game.
Where's my dreamcast?

lube up. You would too, don't lie.

Play a better fighting game. Literally any other fighting game.

Anyone knows when the supposed fixes are coming to Sf5?

>low-mid tier
alex easily in the better half of the roster

Kill some time

Alex is not top 12 in the game. I could name 12 characters that outclass him

having said that the tier list is pretty tight in this game so it doesn't matter much

Probably never, I gave up waiting months ago. It's nothing R(y)un DMC from here on out.

Do it, because alex is without a doubt top 12

is that what he says? I can't make out the first half

Gives forward HP/s. HK automatic crush counter or slight damage buff to next connecting normal.

in english yes, but in japanese I have no idea

fs
>Chun
>Ken
>Ryu
>Nash
>Cammy
>Necalli
>Karin
>Sim
>Guile
>Vega
>Mika
>Urien

Hakan in SFV when?

>vega
>urien
vega is complete trash and urien is a stretch

>vega is complete trash
Opinion discarded

>jump at vega
>win the match first time every time
he doesn't have any AA, once you learn his obvious moveset (admittedly hard to do because of how rare he is) vega can't put a dent in anyone

That is the entire gameplan of Vega, correct. The point is that you use his superior buttons to keep people away from that awkward range where you can't anti air, this has always been the point. If you are letting people get free jumps in as vega you've failed as a vega, it's like saying Dhalsim is garbage because he has no good wakeup options

He's 100% better than alex

back IAT on wakeup will get you a full combo on most characters as sim unless they use moving EX command grab or a long range meaty

Vega just doesn't have the tools, Rashid is way better.

Rashid and Vega's gameplans are nothing alike.

As with most DLC characters Alex is also absolutely useless without his V-trigger and V-trigger cancels, cannot get anything started in the neutral game.

>Game is NOW on sale for 25 bucks on psn

Should i finally buy Juri's game? Is the online dead or there are still people playing? Season 2 when?

the game is extremely lively what the hell are you on
It's not going to die at least before 2 years. Season 2 should start in january

>As with most DLC characters Alex is also absolutely useless without his V-trigger and V-trigger cancels
I love this argument, it's as if you'd ever play a game where you don't get them. You're guaranteed a v-trigger or a win, so saying he depends on it is pointless. Besides that, ibuki also needs her bars, and she has a 3stock while alex gets 2.

>cannot get anything started in the neutral game.
bullshit, his HK is among the best attacks in the game. Insane range, insane damage possibility and all you have to do is bait it or land one lucky one and you'll get 40% of their bar

>ibuki also needs her bars
yes and she's garbo
>his neutral game is good if you get lucky
Then it's not good is it. Vega's neutral game is 10 times that of Alex's and Alex just doesn't have enough better tools elsewhere to make up for it.

Urien is the best DLC character by far. He's easily top 8

>Is the online dead
>in the biggest fighting game this generation besides MKX, but who gives a shit about it lol, let alone one with cross-platform play and Capcom pumping three times the development budget into promotion through tourneys

$25 is a fucking steal for SFV. If you're buying it digitally, see if there's a friend who would want to gameshare it with you so you'd always have a sparring buddy.

>Should I finally buy Juri's game?
This is not Juri's game, she's garbage compared to her SF4 iteration

>his neutral game is good if you get lucky
that's not what I said and we both know it.

Beyond the obvious point of "what neutral game", do you really expect someone to play perfectly against the alex and never get hit by the hk fishing? It sounds an awful lot like you're saying "good players just don't get hit lol" which is not the case at all, you make one slip up, one bad call and alex lands a CC on you he'll be taking nearly half your bar when you worked your ass off to take half of his.

>cannot not get anything started in the neutral game
What is cr.MP and Stomp
>also absolutely useless without his V-Trigger and V-Trigger cancels
Raw V-Trigger is useless in and of itself because of how fucking telegraphed it is, and V-Trigger cancels are only substantially useful in non-CC combos, which isn't really what Alex is fishing for most of the game.
>his HK is among the best attacks in the game
Not sure if you forgot about the part about it having 17 frames of startup, but throwing out a st.HK requires a hard read, or simply some balls.

>tfw your waifu is trash, and you're even more trash playing with her
I wish I could use my girl Ibuki

It's got 17 frames of startup, the only time you're getting hit by it in neutral is if you've made some absolutely horrible fuckup.
>you make one slip up, one bad call and alex lands a CC on you he'll be taking nearly half your bar when you worked your ass off to take half of his.
This is the case for nearly the entire cast

Release the fucking classic costume

In his defense, Alex is practically MADE for CC combos. He has some of the best CC combos in the game (disbarring extreme UNGA characters like Ryu), and ending with EX Knee (which you should do if you have meter and aren't a shitter) puts you in a great position to get your opponent in the blender.

HE'S MY LAST HOPE FOR THIS GAME. ALL WILL BE FORGIVEN IF MY BOY GETS INCLUDED. THE ROOTKIT, THE 8 FRAMES, THE RAGEQUITS, EVERYTHING

youtube.com/watch?v=VbM4nuR-gaQ

I'm honestly scared capcom thinks it will be too much of a challenge to implement him and he gets dropped.

Yeah, I'm not saying Alex is some gutterball character, he's pretty good. He's just not top 12 in the game, and he's certainly not higher in the tier list than Vega.

>25$ a steal
How much would you pay it then?

I felt the same way about Urien and then they dropped him and he was so disappointing.

Hoping you have better luck with Necro.

Urien doesn't hold a candle to his Third Stike iteration but I still had a hell of a lot of fun with him. Moreso than most characters in 5.

I pre-ordered it for $60 on the first day PSN allowed it, and don't regret a thing
I'd say $40 is a reasonable price for it, though.

Next attack is a "hard hit" which just has counter hit properties.

>s.hk is bad because it takes a long time to start up
you're right, in a vacuum, alex's s.hk is garbage

but the game is not played in one, it's why ken's run has complete trash for frame data, but still manages to be one of the most effective moves in his set, just like how s.hk fishing is the best thing in alex's.

People throw out attacks when they shouldn't all the time, with alex you're relying on it happening once to get half their health, then once you get them down and in the mika mixup they don't have a chance.

Alex is definitely higher than vega because vega can't get 50% off one combo and wakeup 50/50 you to death

I wish Alex's V-Skill didn't go away when he's hit, but operated on a timer instead.

Hit buttons on his wake-up then do nothing but throw on his wakeup when he's in V-Trigger. Such a simple solution yet Alex players always fall for it. ez wins bb

Of course not because he doesn't have his stupid unblockables.

Pounce on him and ride him until he impregnates me.

>Alex is definitely higher than vega because vega can't get 50% off one combo
Yes he can. And pure damage output isn't the only measure of a characters worth, In that Urien is definitely higher tier than Alex
>50/50 combo you to death
Everyone can 50/50 combo, Alex is just better at it than most of the cast. If you're only going to measure Vega up against Alex's strong points then you may as well call Alex the best character in the game. Alex is good at fishing for CH's and he has good wakeup mixups, this is what he is supposed to be good at. Vega outclasses him in nearly every other aspect of the game. Fundamentals, walk speed, normals, confirms, dashes etc etc. He is a more rounded character, has better matchups and sees more tournament results and a higher place in the tier list because of it.

>Yes he can
please show me the 500 damage vega combo, because the highest I can find is
st. HP xx v-trigger, CA
for 461.

Semantics aside, once alex gets you knocked down he has the ability to run the same mika game that everyone hates on her for. Vega doesn't have that game, because you don't see people abusing it. I like Vega alright, but he's without a doubt below Alex.

Putting a jump in claw hp at the start of that combo makes it do 507.

Again your making the same argument as before, read my last post. Vega doesn't have that 50/50 game, but neither does Chun, neither does Nash. These characters are still better than Alex, not for their 50/50 ability, but because they are more rounded and shine in other area's also.

I agree, alex is not one of the best characters in the game. He's not top 8, but Vega isn't anywhere close.
>neither does chun
she has the best normals in the game though
>neither does nash
do I really need to tell you why nash is bullshit

those characters succeed because they have every tool, Vega is lacking

>Vega doesn't have that 50/50 game
not that guy but everyone has a 50/50 game now
>what is the cc/grab blender

>but Vega isn't anywhere close
Considering how small the roster is, he definitely is top 8.
Ryu, Chun, and Nash are definitely top 3 with Ken, Karin, Mika, Vega, and Necalli/Cammy following close behind, in no particular order.

Alex is lower on the tier list because he has more bad match ups than Vega, which is ultimately what a tier list is about. He gets dominated by the top players like Chun and Nash, whilst Vega is much better at holding his own.

Vega is more rounded than Alex and has better overall matchups than Alex, thus is higher on a tier list, there's not much more to it than that. Most top players would agree.

>garbage compared to her SF4
She wasn't good in 4 and no one played her but aiai so there isn't any real change

nigga, the entirety of the game is based on rushdown and 50/50 mixups.

Juri was definitely in the top half of characters in SF4, so with 44 characters that pretty good.

In SF5 she's pure ass tier though, I'd probably put her in bottom 3

one of these things is not like the other

vega is more suited to fighting those characters, it doesn't mean he can even compete on the same level of bullshit as alex. Wherever you put them on the tier list I'd much rather fight a vega, a karin, a ken or a nash above an alex or mika

how can he join my lobby when I haven't touched the game since before he was added?

He has less bullshit than Alex but is higher tier, sounds agreeable to me t b h

>he isn't because I say so
t. someone who doesn't matter
You being shit at dealing with Alex does not make him better than Vega or Vega worse than him.

please tell me how to get out of 50/50s

I mean, the whole concept of a 50/50 is you have a chance of getting out of it. Even if they add more tech it would still be a 50/50 situation as they may do the thing to counter it

Learn to OS backjump and if he lariat's then v-reversal. Fucking dumbass.

And if you guess wrong with either alex or mika you eat massive damage.

It's bullshit.

too bad you'll get hit by the meaty part of the 50/50 if you try to jump out

And everyone can set up scenarios where you must guess and get big damage

>It's bullshit.
That's fighting games, it is always just RPS all that changes is how many options you have and how much they cover

>wahh why does he get damage for making the right read
A true scrub right here.

And the whole point of the jump-back OS is that you block if they meaty, retard. Git fucking gud.

If you want to play a grappler just go with Bison or Chun, you'll land more grabs than you ever would with an actual grappler

>read
also known as guess

and how many CPTs have you won so far? probably none because you're too busy crying about a different character and have trouble understanding that people find different matchups more difficult than others. I've NEVER played against a ken who wasn't free, but everybody cries "oh ken's bullshit oh god he's gonna ex air tatsu into dp what the heck do I do oh man a jump in"

What's the status of more characters? Who all is confirmed to be added so far?

Nobody

>reads
>guesses
Nigga, the only one crying is you, faggot. Just learn some tech and study the matchup and stop being a little bitch baby already. Vega gives me trouble but it's nothing I can't handle. You on the other hand seem to be hung up on Alex. Grow up.

are you seriously defending alex's potential damage off a single crush

We don't really know anything yet, at best we have vague hints that season 2 is coming from the UK capcom rep and then an eventhubs article today where some higher up at capcom said they want the game to last for a long time

alex has basically nothing going for him besides his potential damage off a single crush so yeah I'd agree with that guy

if the problem is that he sucks without his bullshit then the answer isn't to defend his bullshit it's to advocate for a total rework that removes his bullshit and makes him still viable. I want the same thing for mika

The ones I'm really hoping for are

Makoto
Elena
Crimson Viper
Blanka
Dudley

>t. never played a fighter in his life
Making a character that revolves around a gameplan is fighting game 101.
>WAHH WHY IS ZANGIEFS NEUTRAL GAME SO SHIT BUT HIS SPD DOES SO MUCH DAMAGE ITS NOT FAIR

>>WAHH WHY IS ZANGIEFS NEUTRAL GAME SO SHIT
uh
gief has the best jab in the game

of these five only Makoto should be added

>he's all warmed up
Tell him to chill

>7 frames of startup
lmao okay

you mean 4 and a range that could hit the moon

What's wrong with Elena and C. Viper?

oh crouch jab
>4 frames of startup
lmao okay

it has the range of a heavy

He's a makoto fag, his opinion doesn't matter.
Everyone is fine in this list except Blanka.
Elena won't make it because HEALING and non existant hurtbox made everyone hate her.

I don't even play Makoto you memer
elena would either be cancer or complete garbage
c.viper is too unpopular to be a reasonable pick for capcom

You are not very good at SF4 if you thought juri was any where besides bottom.

then what's wrong with dudley

I just fucking hate Dudley
we also already have boxer

>c.viper is too unpopular to be a reasonable pick for capcom

Which was why she was in Marvel vs Capcom 3

he got cannibalized into balrog