Monster Hunter returning to Sony -- What we know

It's literally happening. Monster Hunter is looking more and more likely for a PS4 release. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

>Capcom literally said they are "considering" PS4 releases for the Monster Hunter franchise
>A Sony rep said on the 9-4 podcast that the PSX event will be "very Japanese focused" and will please fans of Japanese games. This largely hints at a Monster Hunter title
>Capcom literally say they want to boost Western sales for MH. PS4 is literally the best selling console in the West, so this makes sense.
>Monster Hunter is an online heavy game and needs a powerful network for it's HD transition. PSN is the most powerful network in gaming available for this.
>NeoGAF is reporting that Sony signed a deal with Capcom last year for MH5 on PS4, specifically excluding Switch. A lot like the SFV contract, it also excludes XBO. Sony paid a lot.

Are you fucking ready for this Sup Forums? Because it's fucking happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

club.tgfcer.net/thread-6398778-1-1.html
mynintendonews.com/2013/08/25/capcom-explains-why-the-monster-hunter-series-migrated-to-nintendo-3ds/
playstationlifestyle.net/2011/08/21/sony-stalls-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-localization-for-europe-and-north-america/
2p.com/40193881_1/Tencent-Monster-Hunter-Online-Wont-Be-the-Last-IP-We-Work-with-Capcom-by-cindyhio.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Capcom announced a new 3DS MonHun last week.

Source?

XX, a spinoff. This is about MH5.

So Monster Hunter Frontier confirmed for PS4.

>Capcom literally say they want to boost Western sales for MH. PS4 is literally the best selling console in the West, so this makes sense.
Nah this pretty much means PS4, XBO, PC.

>Capcom literally said they are "considering" PS4 releases for the Monster Hunter franchise
I like how you left out that they are also considering the Switch and the Xbox One,

- Sony signed a deal with Capcom last year for MH5 on PS4, specifically excluding Switch. A lot like the SFV contract excludes XBO. Sony paid a lot.
- MH5 is an open-world game aimed at Westerners, with a lot of streamlined gameplay - no timer, no missions, less gathering and prep, more action based, QTEs, less complicated and fewer weapons. 2018.
- Someone at Capcom leaked the deal to Nintendo. Nintendo have been quiet.
- MHX did way better in Japan and the West than Capcom expected, causing a bunch of people at Capcom to panic.
- A bunch of people at Capcom are worried MH5 for PS4 is being rushed out with too little content (monsters, weapons, balance) and will bomb like SFV.
- MH Portable series is getting resurrected for Switch, headed by main MH team, because Capcom don't expect MH5 to do well in Japan. Traditional MH game - new weapons and environmental stuff, some elements from MHX. 2018.
- MHXX is getting a Switch port to set up for Portable.

>Monster Hunter is an online heavy game and needs a powerful network for it's HD transition. PSN is the most powerful network in gaming available for this.
MH4U did online just fine.

MH4U isn't HD.

>- MH5 is an open-world game aimed at Westerners, with a lot of streamlined gameplay - no timer, no missions, less gathering and prep, more action based, QTEs, less complicated and fewer weapons. 2018.

Please no, holy shit.

I'm curious how you think netcode works that you'd say that.

MH will NEVER return to sony, and you'll have to get over it.

After Sony and Capcom's disastrous collaboration on SFV, I can believe it.

>haha guiz we got REmake, REZero and RE4 exclusively on Gamecube. RE will NEVER come back to Playstation

>- MH5 is an open-world game aimed at Westerners, with a lot of streamlined gameplay - no timer, no missions, less gathering and prep, more action based, QTEs, less complicated and fewer weapons. 2018.
Sonyggers would probably claim It's better that way.

Not sure how to feel about this.

I'd have a great reason to buy a PS4, but you know damn well Capcom will continue to dumb it down for westerners.

When it's not being hacked or just straight up broken, that is.

>ITT: baseless speculation that's going to poison any and all MH threads for the next year

Thanks a bunch faggots, couldn't just actually PLAY a video game?

>source: my asshole

I know this is fake but this shit still makes me gag. The worst part is that this would actually sell like hotcakes.

>People are happy that Sony is paying extra so that less people can play a certain game
And you guys still ask why Sony is considered the worst fanbase.

That isn't even the problem. Open world monhun would be shit and it would sell like hotcakes anyway, atracting all the normies to the franchise. It will be hell because since it sold well people will keep asking for more.

This is how good franchises die.

I'll happy that Sony are paying extra so it stops being on a shit handheld with shit controls

Sonyggers ruin the community yet again. This is why no games should ever be released on Playstation.

DELETE

THIS

RIGHT

FUCKING

NOW

MH community startes on PlayStation, are you retarded?

It plays better on said handheld than on a DS4, that's for sure. Also I would pay extra for you to learn how to write correctly.

I'm happy to have games on my console, but I guess that's a feeling foreign to you.

>NeoGAF is reporting that Sony signed a deal with Capcom last year for MH5 on PS4, specifically excluding Switch. A lot like the SFV contract, it also excludes XBO. Sony paid a lot.
That was a rumor from Sup Forums, stupid.

Also, Capcom also said they are considering the Switch and the Xbox One.

Yeah, the controls were oh so different on psp, or ps2

:^)

If you were actually born back when the first game came out, you'd know how fucked ip the controls were

rip mh

>implying the japs would play MH on anything other than a handheld now

Just give monster hunter with hd assets and semi open world (hubs)

>>People are happy that Sony is paying extra so that less people can play a certain game

So its ok when nintendo does it? They payed capcom to make it on 3ds

>They payed capcom to make it on 3ds
Source?

wasn't the right stick used to attack or some shit?

I guess when you have no games for 3 years now, I too would be happy when i finally get one.

You sonyggers are hilarious btw

>MH4 gets released
>w-w-w-well the next MH game will be on sony, the contract has run out, you'll see
>MHX gets announced
>w-w-w-ell the next one will be sony exclusive, you'll see
>2 new MH games get announced
>w-w-well maybe the next one
>MHX-U gets announced
>no response because fag enabling sonygger has hung himself

>HURRDURR THEY ARE DUMBING DOWN MH FOR WESTERN AUDIENCES
>Implying the monster hunter team does anything for the west

Monster Hunter literally prints money in japan. Any changes they make to it is geared for the japanese audience. If you honestly think MH is getting dumbed down, you need to point the finger at your glorious Nippon.

Yeah, everyone else already knows what it feels like to have games on their consoles. I understand if it's a new feeling for you.

That's not the point, the point is that they are restricting access to another console/player base on purpose so that they can have it all for themselves. When Sony first lost MH it wasn't because Nintendo paid big bucks, it was because Sony made Capcom a shit deal. Nintendo didn't restrict the franchise to their console.

>Crapcom on Sony
>after SFV fiasco

source:his ass

Why are you expecting anything intelligent from a retard that cant spell "paid"

>Monster Hunter is an online heavy game and needs a powerful network for it's HD transition.
are you retarded?

> it was because Sony made Capcom a shit deal.

Source?

Reading comprehension. You have none of it.

And they are still wondering why restriction is a bad thing. Sonyggers everyone!

Stop saying "literally" so much OP, four times in one post is way too much

Nintendo defense. You have a ton of it.

>They payed capcom to make it on 3ds
Except Nintendo didn't, Sony itself fucked their relationship with the dev team with P3rd. #For the players, amirite?

>>Monster Hunter is an online heavy game and needs a powerful network for it's HD transition.
Wii U handled 3U just fine though.

>PSN is the most powerful network in gaming available for this.
But that's Steam.

>MH5 is an open-world game aimed at Westerners, with a lot of streamlined gameplay - no timer, no missions, less gathering and prep, more action based, QTEs, less complicated and fewer weapons
YESSSSS!!!!

CAPCOM, if you're listening... just copy Dark Souls.

You can thank me later.

>Sony itself fucked their relationship with the dev team with P3rd

Source

They did, it's called Deep Down and it's vaporware.

More HD = more data. It's simple.

Here is a post by the same source that leaked MH3G before it was announced saying Nintendo did pay Capcom for an exclusivity deal.

club.tgfcer.net/thread-6398778-1-1.html

Don't lump me into your retarded console war camp. NOWHERE in my post did I make mention of Nintendo or Sony. I give zero shits where MH lands as long as it's still fun

>Some random dude is a source

so this... is the power... of sonyggers

DELETE THIS

I hope not, exclusivity is cancer.

Is MH5 is for PC, and consoles it will be best.

SONYGGERS DESPERATE FOR MH TO COME TO PS LOL

Officially
mynintendonews.com/2013/08/25/capcom-explains-why-the-monster-hunter-series-migrated-to-nintendo-3ds/

Although when they actually first switched Tri for the Wii, Sony was expecting Capcom to pay for all online services while Nintendo offered them out of their own pocket. There were also localization issues with Portable 3rd if that serves as an example of Sony shooting itself in the foot.

I like how everyone is just letting this claim that pissn is stable, let alone "the strongest", slide

PSN is down more often than not and speeds when actually working are dial up modem tier

Being retarded. You're full of that.
Also, the exclusivity deal in this case isn't just bad for Nintendo. The whole franchise is going to suffer from it in terms of gameplay changes. Another thing you should note is how bad SF5 was due to the same exclusivity deal.

Capcom has also commented that Sony is simply a terrible company to work with.

And it costs 50, no, 55 a year as of a few months ago.

playstationlifestyle.net/2011/08/21/sony-stalls-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-localization-for-europe-and-north-america/

>MH exclusive to nintendo
>franchise keeps getting better with each installment

>sony desperately begs capcom to make game exclusive to PS4
>turns out to be the worst installment ever

Hmmm, seems like the problem isnt exclusivity, but sony.

Any game that has had sony's finger in the cooking pot has turned out to be absolute dogshit.

They just pay for things to happen, they don't actually help with development or anything. That's why money grubbing companies like EA and Ubisoft love Sony, because that's all they are. This also reflects on the types of games the console has.

There are exceptions of course, but those exceptions are usually from companies that keep doing a good job and have some good track record.

Neither do I truthfully. I'm just having some fun because Sony fanboys on Sup Forums love to trot that one out whenever the situation is reversed.

They dont even offer servers, its all peer2peer;

you're quite LITERALLY paying to use your own PS4 and internet again.

That with being on Nintendo's handhelds they don't have to put so much time and money to make it pretty.

2 weeks after that, MH3G and MH4 were announced for 3DS. MH3G launched 2 months after. Capcom works fast

this would actually make the franchise better. it's too stiff the way it is now. The games would also benefit of having a good storyline

>The whole franchise is going to suffer from it in terms of gameplay changes.
Nintendo delusion

Mad much about different opinions?

>Are you fucking serious right now? Exactly what part of what I said suggested that?
Mostly because, of your own admittance, said that to grind less you have to grind in a specific way that needs more grinding to work.

>You're clearly not here often enough to actually hear it, not actually being part of the fanbase
One person doesn't make a fanbase.

>Again, all your proposed changes would do is alienate the people that the game is designed to appeal to, all in the name of appealing to someone else that already HAS other shit to appeal to them.

If someone were to be alienated because of the removal of grind, then he should go back to mmorpgs.

>You're not interested in Monster Hunter. You're not interested in what it has to offer.
I like thee premise of the game, and a game built around fighting increasingly bigger and harder monsters.
>You're not interested in its control scheme.
Because it's objectively shit.

There's a real gem of a game in there under layers and layers of fossilized shit, and you know it.

That's some strong tears, Sonyfan. MH will be dead with paid online, fuck that shit, won't touch any console that wants me to put any cash for such a basic function.

>they just pay

If you actually believe this you're utterly retarded beyond help.

kek, don't you have a 50th playthrough of bloodborne to start?

>tfw Sony slowly moneyhats and destroys Capcoms IP one by one all in a big plot to get revenge for canceling MML3

The funny part is RE4 was announced for playstation 2 about two months before the gamecube even came out, fucking nintendo's launch lineup before it even started

2p.com/40193881_1/Tencent-Monster-Hunter-Online-Wont-Be-the-Last-IP-We-Work-with-Capcom-by-cindyhio.htm

Please delete this thread immediately.

ps4 gets MH
vita can then remote play it
playing MH on vita

don't joke about that user

>Gonna be playing XX and 3U for the rest of eternity
Ah well.

I miss the PSTripple

>MH goes Nintendo
>"We don't want it anyway!"

>rumors a multipaltform release might be coming to PS4
>"Hahahaha suck on that Nintoddlers!"

Every
Day

Why are Sonyggers the worst fanbase on Sup Forums?

>MH5 is an open-world game aimed at Westerners, with a lot of streamlined gameplay - no timer, no missions, less gathering and prep, more action based
Unironically want this

>PSN is the most powerful network in gaming available for this.Are you fucking kidding? PSN is complete ass. XBL or Steamworks would be exponentially better.

No wonder I couldn't stomach this garbage.

>Had the ps2 and ps3
>loves both consoles
>ps4 comes out and is designed to fuck over the consumer just like Xbox
>shitters still eat it up
I just want good old consoles back. But it seems I am of the minority with this.

The last 2 generations have been pretty fucked up. Up until the end of the PS2, companies were making unique, fun, and different games.

Now everything that sales on a playstation is the same yearly rehashed garbage and Sonyggers defend it.

I love all my consoles, handhelds, and PC, and over 3 decades I've never seen anyone happy that their fanbase of choice is 'winning' simply because people are buying one piece of junk over another.

>The games would also benefit of having a good storyline
They did once, and they won't be recapturing that magic again. You know what can write a good story? It's your damn imagination, use it

it's just a greentext
nothing confirmed...yet.

It seems pretty rampant here. There are always threads praising the sales of Xbone and Ps4, not Wii U for obvious reasons. Even though all 3 are pretty terrible. I feel handhelds will be the last to fall, but it is only a matter of time.

>WE WANT THE WESTERN AUDIENCE
This is what I get for 10+ years of loyalty.
Fucking dropped like a leaky bag of shit.

Keep dreaming kiddo