JRPGs

Which are you more excited for and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NbWDQDMuBWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Persona 5 by far. Final Fantasy 15 looks like a confused mess of an open world action game. See how it is when it comes out.

Final Fantasy 15 by far. Persona 5 is just a dating simulator who's series track record of having the worst dungeons ever. See how it is when it comes out.

P5 but I'm not exactly excited for it either anymore after hearing there's no way to easily regain SP in dungeons. My autism requires me to only run each dungeon once a month. Sounds like its going to be torturous.

None, to be honest.
Both look's boring after 10 hours.
I pre-ordered both, though. Let's see.

Neither as I don't play videogames.

>pre ordering

What a cuck, giving money away before even owning the game

I'm more excited for Persona 5 because it looks more like actual japanese game than FF XV which looks like it's copying boring WRPGs with the most bland, generic and boring scenery and NPC designs that exist.

>Not excited for either
>Pre ordered both
You are exactly what's wrong with the industry, congrats.

I also pre order both just to support two of my favourite video game series.

was more excited for P5 until it came out in Japan and I played it and loved it

I don't care mate. This way I got the game on my doorstep on the first day.

I don't care about the industry. I do not fight the good fight.
I got the money and want to do it, then why not?

Also if these two games do good we might get more JRPGs.

We are already getting to many JRPGs this generation. They are releasing almost every fucking month.

Neither.

I meant good ones, not the piles of shit coming out of Japan every month.

user, if you're going to ask that, you should probably post two RPGs. Just a thought!

Hmm so
>get a game that just panders to virgin otaku with dating waifu's with a generic "adults are bad guys, teenage rebellion" plot

>or get a real JRPG that won't be some generic garbage and shitty VA ruining the game

I don't think I'm even buying FFXV.

Getting P5 and Zodiac Age instead.

P5, cause at least they're not trying to completely change what made your series popular and established.

Im getting P5 just for morgana.

So Tales of Symphonia

I will stick to this thread because shitposting will be intense

Pic related. I've already played P5, and it's fucking great. Not too interested in FFXV at all to be honest.

This game got genuinely forgotten by people around the internet.

5's dungeons are actually excellent.

Persona 5 is very fucking good,
I played it for a bit

I will buy both by the end
Already pre-ordered FFXV, Im going to play it blind and hope its good

Are they still random generated because that shit was cancer.

Huh? English version isn't out yet so of course there isn't much discussion.

P5, Berseria, and whatever Platinum is putting out next year.

This one.

>who's series track record of having the worst dungeons ever.

Jokes on you
Atlus got tired of people shitting their dungeons and made P5 dungeon's zelda-light tier

this one. Because it looks fucking promising and I really hope this thing on the last Trailer is just a PWT or we get another Battle frontier.

god that cover looks like shit

this

There are 2 dungeons types
The main story ones that can take a real life day to complete and are handcrafted with tons of shortcuts,puzzles and shit, in short, a proper dungeon.

And the randomly generated one for the turbo autists who like to grind and 100% games

>not liking gender role reversal.

Would you please not try to shill your games in this thread?

This is a p5 and ffxv thread, don't be the guy that brings an entirely unrelated third party to the discussion

Manchild

I'm not particularly fond of Pokemon in general, but I have no idea why people would get excited for S&M. Even if it seems good, they gave away everything before it even released. I feel like I have a good knowledge of the game and I haven't been following it at all.

both

So as long as I'm not a turbo artist there aren't any mandatory auto gen dungeons?

What is the RPG game most more easy to all?

an RPG that is very easy.

an RPG, it is completely straightforward.

an RPG, where do level up is very easy and simple

and an RPG where fighting is very fast and without strategy

It's not that, it just looks way too anime.

Both look good to me.

P5. I could never get into any FF but I'm always happy for more SMT, especially with HD demon models.

The one with the superior pedigree:

>Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (1989): Art
>Final Fantasy IV (1991): Battle Graphics
>Romancing SaGa (1992): Field Graphics
>Final Fantasy V (1992): Field Graphics
>Secret of Mana (1993): Map Graphic Design
>Final Fantasy VI (1994): Graphic Director
>Front Mission (1995): Graphic Design
>Chrono Trigger (1995): Graphic Director
>Seiken Densetsu 3 (1995): BG
>Final Fantasy VII (1997): Concept Art
>Xenogears (1998): Director, Scenario Writer
>Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht (2002): Director, Scenario Writer
>Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse (2004): Original Author
>Xenosaga: Pied Piper (2004): Story Writer
>Xenosaga I & II (2006): Scenario Writer
>Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra (2006): Author, Music Coordinator, Supervisor of Scenario and Database
>Soma Bringer (2008): Producer, Game Designer
>Xenoblade Chronicles (2010): Concept, Executive Director, Scenario Writer
>Xenoblade Chronicles X (2015): Executive Director

No, apart from the inevitable introductory mission, they are optional side missions.

I don't understand the appeal of FFXV. Just keep seeing the same green fields and desert non-stop. Say the footage of the start of the game and you're literally pushing a car for 3 minutes. The fuck?

Not P5, fags aren't even real gang of thieves and just some corny plot with muh brainwashing, even igor is fake

That's actually not true, you have to do Mementos to finish the game, you either do it all at once at the end of the game or sporadically throughout

First time here I've heard someone not like Yoshidas art.

Awesome, my hype just doubled after hearing that.

Both he and Amano are overrated. At least Nomura's art is varied. All their shit just looks the same.

user
Im trying to sell a game here please would you fuck off?

pokemon is a shit

pokemon is a fucking shit

kek
P5 doesn't need you to sell it with random lies

Exposed Shill

>Pic related

Not a JRPG.

The Tales of series has been shit lately and this will be no exception.

>lately

> will be
It's already out. It's good, and much better than P5.

>TFW you realize Symphonia came out in 2003

>pretending there was ever a single good persona game besides 5

wew

>random battles
>stats to level up via sphere-grid type system
>gear that can be customized/upgraded
>Heat bar is basically a mana bar

I dunno seems like it to me.

> and much better than P5.

Jumping the gun here mate

Persona 5. Final Fantasy has been shit for over 10 years now, and 15 doesn't look like it's going to change that. Every piece of news I've heard of this game since they changed it from Versus to 15 has made it seem worse and worse. At least the last 2 Persona games were pretty, so they have a decent track record.

>Symphoniafags

I will never understand why people act like this isn't the most flat out boring tales game, then again seems personafags like it which is no surprise because they prefer stories over gameplay just like P1-4

Eh? P5 is average at best. Berseria has indisputably better gameplay and a much stronger script.

>calling in a jrpg thread someone manchild
kek
well I don´t know the story and also I didn´t look at the leaked dex. I saw some of them but forgot most of them. I will still have my fun with exploring, post game and online battles.

The last time someone tried to talk about how Berseria was better than P5 they ended up embarrassing themselves, you're walking a fine line here

>Final Fantasy has been shit for over 10 years now

P1- P4 were terrible game shitposter kun

>At least the last 2 Persona games were pretty

Yeah generic anime plot with corridor hallway dungeons that are randomly generated, get real shit was trash

>Implying X wasn't hot garbage.

You're really going to sit there and tell me 13, 12, or any of the spin-offs they released in the time since were better?

>Don't preorder
>Invest my money instead
>Earn money from my money
>Buy the game first day or night before
>It arrives on my doorstep first day

How hard is that?

You're talking to a literal child, don't bother.

Being better than P5 isn't much of an accomplishment, buddy. The combat is as poor as every other game in the series, the writing is your typical juvenile anime schlock, and Meguro unfortunately put no effort into the OST. All it has going for it is non-shit dungeons and visual style.

It's possible to complete dungeons in a single day, if you know how to get SP regeneration items and the like.

What's with all these shit OSTs from JRPGs? The last truly outstanding ones I can remember are Xenoblade Chronicles and Final Fantasy XIII.

Ummm...NO

youtube.com/watch?v=NbWDQDMuBWo

>believing his shit taste

>its a Tales of fags get in a comfy and perfectly shitpost-free thread and start to fling shit

Sasuga Tales of

>EOP deluding himself
P5 is the worst game in an already mediocre series. Enjoy your even worse experience with a shit translation and obnoxious American VA

They never had it as bad.

also
>decent track record

kek they're much worse than FF since they never actually have a record of making a persona game before 5 that wasn't garbage. Shit is hilarious whenever i see P3/4 as top PS2 games

Getting too obvious user

>shitpost-free thread

Nigga, this was a clear XV and P5 shitfling thread, not the tales guy though

People streamed it months ago. Those desperate for new content moved on.

>OP starts a thread about 2016 JRPGs
>I point out that Berseria shits on both games
What's your point?

Not an argument.

>OP starts a thread about 2016 JRPGs

Wrong

>OP pic have FFXV and P5 no sign of Tales of
>Which are you more excited for and why?

Are all tales of fans this mentally impaired?

>2016 JRPGS
>Persona 5 is already out in Japan and FFXV comes out next month

No wonder they like that mediocre series and call it good

The implication is that it's a showdown between the ""best"" JRPGs of 2016.

Yes?

>persona
>not a mediocre series

hahahahaha

>using implications as an excuse to shitpost

Amazing

>Are all tales of fans this mentally impaired?
Think about the series that they like, that should answer your question.

persona 5, but i do like the emo character designs in ff15 better than the p5 character designs

What compelled you to make this utterly worthless post?

Yeah, the male characters look good to me in P5 but besides ann the rest of the females look mehh, makoto is basically yukiko with short hair and red eyes.

I only own a PC, so I don't care about either game

Both, well actually I played P5 and was disappointed- mostly personal reasons. So I guess just XV now.
I don't know why people think this is a competition though, especially from a dying/dead genre.