>Install game
>Download game update
>Install game update

>Now you can play your game :^)

What the fuck happened to buying a game and just fucking playing it

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00NC06ZBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_N0Jgyb9FMEMPP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

consoles started acting like (poorman's) PCs.

you don't know what suffering is until you go to a friend's game and have to wait for his ps3 to finish updating before you can play.

>buy pc
>put it together to feel like a true mustard race
>hook up keyboard
>hook up mouse
>install drivers
>install steam
>download updates
>install ds4 programs
>unplug mouse on accident, plug back in
>computer freezes
>turn back on
>download game
>install update
>play game
>it's shit
Now you're ready to be in the mustard race :^)

You guys are acting like steam updates, weekly steam maintenance and windows updates don't exist

Is chris dead yet?

>Unplug mouse on accident
If people really plug their shit in on the front of the computer, I want to die

>hook up keyboard

yea uh you need to hook up console too wooooooooow man

Last I heard he was still nurturing his magic vagina wound

Soon.

And everyones reaction would be a mixture of pity, sadness and relief.

steam updates? you mean that quick loading bar that lasts less than 2 seconds? I guess...

>steam updates
not mandatory

> weekly steam maintenance
inevitable

>windows updates
not mandatory

"steam maintenance" is just not being able to access store/friends/forums properly for 2 mins and >automatical windows updates in the current year

>Windows updates and Steam updates
>mandatory

Lel

>buy console
>insert disc
>play XCX for 350 hours
It just works.

Why are you focusing so much on initial setup when it happen only once per generation?

For example with PS4 and the payed PSN anons around here love to mention so much, you don't have to care about any updates patches or downloads (besides 'I bought this shit just now and want to play it this moment' cases which work same on every system ever) or save backups. You set 2 or 3 options and you're good to go with all shit up to date and patches safely backed up in case you get a strong craving to turn of console during those 'DON'T TURN OF CONSOLE OR BAAAAAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN' moment.

What's gonna happen to Chris when Barb dies?

>running unpatched Windows
Russian botnet herders send their thanks.

Anna convinced him to see a doctor.

He'll either end up on the streets or declared a ward of the state and institutionalized.

MAYBE Anna would take him in, but that's a stretch.

>running "patched" windows
big brother microsoft sends their thanks

Oh boy, both choices are so delightful.

Console updates aren't mandatory either. Glad we could see eye to eye. Now go on, there's petitions that need signing.

Fuck off. I run Linux.
Tux Racer for the win!

>console runs in rest mode, updating it's system overnight
>new game comes out
>put it in the console
>go upstairs, make myself a quick snack, get a glass of water, take a piss then head back down
>game ready to be played

wow

>Buy xbone
>Comes with download code for master chef collection
>Buy gears
>download codes for all the gears games
>Downloading 100gb of games at 2mbps

Console updates are not mandatory but you won't be able play online you dumbshit, what is the point then?
>I play offline games on a console argument
kek

>update controllers

Did they release the Dualshock 5 update already ? I should download it.

I should also download a more powerful battery for it

Not him but greentexting and argument and pretending it isn't doesn't make it invalid.

He probably meant registering, as in connecting with USB cable the first time to assign them to a console. Works that way on PS3 and 4 IIRC.

>buy pc
>have to actually spend hours building it first before downloading everything else like a console
>have to download even more third party shit for pc games

*greentexting an argument

Talk about padding your argument

>Hurr you have to connect your controller to use it durrr

>build PC
>Download Game
>Update game
>Start game
>Game stopped working
>Retry 5 times
>Ask others if they know what's happening
>Works on my system :^)
>Go back to playing quality titles such as DOTA2 and CSGO

>boot up ps4 to play a quick match
>spend twenty minutes waiting for it to download and install an update that's somehow mandatory to play a game I bought and installed without ps gold

This is why I stick to PC.

>hours
That shit takes like an hour tops unless you're a retard

No, the xbox literally makes you update your controller

>pays for psn
>can't be bother to tick some options to download the patches and updates automatically during sleep mode
>idort
RTFM mate

The fuck

>buy individual computer parts
>wait for parts to arrive
>assemble pc
>install OS
>install one billion drivers
>install more drivers for peripherals (you did buy good headphones, mouse and keyboard, right, user?)
>install steam/origin/Gentoo
>buy game
>install game
>update game
>play game

Starting from nothing always takes time, user.

>consoles started acting like (poorman's) PCs.
Consoles are the optimal gaming platforms. PC is for kids/NEETS who can't afford a console and must play on their shitty toasters and for stupid people who pay 5 times the price of a console to play shitier versions of the same games.

>buy PC parts
>unbox each part and slowly assemble them over the course of 4 hours
>screws are missing, need to go to the hardware store to see if they carry the tiniest screws imaginable
>they don't, they just laugh at me and tell me to go to a kid's hobby shop for screws that tiny
>tears in my eyes, I take the next bus to a hobby shop
>they look at me with disdain and mockery as I ask for tiny computer screws
>the only ones they have are attached to a $500 drone, which I have to buy and dissasemble to retrieve the screws
>after spending my yearly food budget on screws, finally able to put together my new PC
>boot it up
>black screen
>turns out I forgot to buy a new Windows license
>tired and angry, I throw the disgusting PC of failure in the dumpster and get a PS4 instead
Thanks a lot, Sup Forums.

>build console
0 seconds

>build console
>55 seconds
Proud owner of PS2 with HDD here :^)

>PC is for kids/NEETS who can't afford a console
Did I step into bizzarro mirror world?

Who is Anna?

I don't play it often, user. I was referring to a COM match, not an online match.

I looked for an option to have it download while I'm playing but it ain't there.

Same with steam controller actually, although you get more functionality and stuff with the updates

You also forgot how consoles also need to install updates just like PC need to update drivers.

It's rare Steam needs an update and also you can schedule your Windows update much like consoles do.

According to STEAM the average "gaming PC" is weaker than the XBONE

>stupid people who pay 5 times the price of a console to play shitier versions of the same games.
How is it that are verisons are shitier?

We have
mods
Better frame rates
Graphics options (to get higher resolutions and better graphics and all that shit)
Can use whatever control option we want
It downloads faster
The list goes on and on

>he fell for the PC Master Race meme

The only TRUE and HONEST friend Chris has.

>Have to build it
Let me put it this way user. I can spend about 700$ on a pre built PC and it would be 3X more powerful than a console. Even with the NVIDIA 760 which is old now still blows the consoles out of the water.

That's because they aren't gamers or PC gamers, they are console plebs who can't afford a PC playing on their toaster then coming here to bitch about PC being inferior.

Nice 4

>I can spend about 700$ on a pre built PC and it would be 3X more powerful than a console.
In your dreams or out of touch NVIDIA commercials that don't take real world into account just some really big looking number s about polygon pushing.

>$700
>give me a ps4 build for $250 then I'll reconsider

>buy console
how else would you play it you fucking retard
>download update
tell me about winshit updates that are mandatory and force you to shut your pc down
>install update
wow, a 30 second wait is a deal breaker
>update controllers
what are you even talking about you cumguzzling mouthbreather
>download game
why not buy it on a disc, consoles still have those unlike PCs
>install game
2 minutes taken away from you, how will you ever cope
>download update
if it's a single player game you don't have to, if it's a multiplayer game you're talking about then your parents must've dropped you on their way out of hospital
>install game update
WOOOOOOOW who would've thought that updates need to be applied

And that has nothing to do at all with the massive popularity of DOTA 2 and other low end f2p games, right?

Best I got so far. It'd still pay itself back with the PC's dirt cheap games, no monthly fees for online, and updatability options in the future.

>A $700 PC is more powerful than a $250 console
Is this true?

It's like with all things on PC it has a huge upfront cost but the sales and the prices of the games make it worth it. Even the wider selection on the steam library is really good.

You forgot the part where you need to delete shit from your HDD because dev's are lazy and insist on 70gb installs

>aren't mandatory

Every single current gen console and handheld force you to update by locking out functionality. What fantasy land do you live in sir?

ughhh give me the partpicker list. That cpu is apparently $40 than your picture

Why are you acting like he insulted you personally when he just listed grievances he has with modern consoles? Are you an actual child?

hush user, retards don't acknowledge facts.

Holy shit Barb is deteriorating

>disks
>needing installs
Also games these days are far more complicated to build than the psx and ps2 era. As devs try to be more innovative, they create more complex systems, which means more ways for things to fuck up.

PC building is literally one tiny step up from putting legos together. If it doesn't go in with minor force, you're fucking retarded.

And yet you guys have steam the biggest DRM of them all

>console doesn't turn on anymore
>have to throw it away and spend another 400$

>they are console plebs, but they play on Steam instead of console
Flawless logic.

it's a bait pic that's why you have to pay more. Also you can't match a ps4 unless you dish out $100 more

Who pissed in your cereal user? Is that list a personal insult for you?

Actually DRM is decided by the companies not by Steam itself.

because i'm an idort and the points make no sense to someone playing on both pc and consoles

>disk

Just as I said, the PC is for kids and neets who like to play shitty f2p games.

>the biggest DRM of them all
I thought that was console manufacturers.

You are literally renting games

Right, which has nothing to do with the huge amount of Brazilians and Russians playing those games right?

You are really dumb

Whatever you say nigger.

>update controllers
How desperate were you to make this list longer?

Enjoy losing all your games when steam goes down under while I still have my disks :)

>Shitty f2p games
What is Team Fortress?

A shitty hat simulator?

Steam is rarely down if at all. The only time it is ever slow is because of the huge sales.

>bait pic
your existence's a bait.

>you can't match a ps3 unless you dish out 100 more
yes, you can. You already could 3 years ago.
Something like pic related you could prolly build for half the price today.

I ment when they are gone for good

If the network support framework for your console dies down most of your games would useless. And we also have disk, backups, cracks and torrent files. I love me some crack.

>Get older game
>Can't unlock everything because some stuff is online multiplayer-based and the servers have shut down

You're doing the same on a console, or do you really think the contracts aren't the same? The second Sony or Microsoft feels like they don't want to support to game anymore they can cut off access to it and your console won't be able to activate the disk if you downloaded the mandatory update.

>b-but I play my console offline!

And I can download a crack.

and I buy every game I can on GoG

>he still didn't post a pcpartpicker list with these parts

Show me this $200 ps4 build

>and I can download a crack
Denuvo'd ;^)

Genuinely why I switched from console to PC.

I kinda expect it from a PC as, you know, I can use it for more than just gaming. But i kinda expect a device created to purely play games to fucking play then whenever. Never had this problem with the ps2

I also found a great computer for 400$ amazon.com/dp/B00NC06ZBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_N0Jgyb9FMEMPP which means it costs as much or near PS4 it comes with mouse and keyboard.