youtu.be/iAcAd1fUiy8?t=2m55s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone know the plot of this game?

Robots kill everybody
probably

>it's been almost 4 years since this trailer came out
youtu.be/iAcAd1fUiy8

Fucking WHAT
I think we need a dance thread or some shit.

I don't really like horror games but the aesthetics of this game are great.

I fucking TOLD you faggots it wasn't dead in the water

At fucking last

Reminds me of SOMA, any relationship to it?

Games takes a shitoad of work to get done, depending on scope and size of the team. Sadly, most people here, or people in general, doesn't realize that. I mean fuck, GTAV and WoW took 4-5 years to make and that's with huge ass fucking teams.

Pretty sure this thing was being made before Soma

That shit looks scary as fuck.
Not as scary as the fact that the indexer from /sug/ is shitposting somewhere on your boards.

No, pretty sure Routine was actually announced first but it's been in development he'll forever
It's a indie studio's first game and they underestimated the amount of work needed
But at least they're not doing early access bullshit, they're releasing the full game

I don't know what this means, but fuck Steven Universe

Thanks, I hope they can manage to release it on time, looks fun.

All the pictures of this robot from the early trailers was pretty fun.

>randomly generated

no thanks

I want to know what this thing is and why it's so kawaii

Russian cosmonaut on a routine mission when AI goes batshit. You need to find out why, and if they didn't pussy out of it default setting is that you only get one life in a randomly generated spehs base. Your only weapon is a 80's sci-fi Multi-tool that you can upgrade with floppies.

Holy shitfuck get hype

>retro futuristic art style

>one life
Oh shit that's gonna be tough until a few tries in I gander. But I have a feeling there are a couple difficulty modes if they touched it at all.

I think I'm going to pull out the shill card on these threads.

>Russian
I remember devs saying that they've chosen the word "cosmonaut" simply because it sounded cooler and it doesn't imply any nationality of your character.

>alien isolation came out first
>everyone is going to think this is ripping it off despite being announced first

>le shilling
Go away

>being this much of a faggot
You obviously weren't around when Sup Forums first talked about it. This game was before Ayylien:Lmaosolation and SOMA and was hype as fuck.

So, alien isolation with robots?
will pirate I guess.

I fucking hate you so much

how new are you

I remember making this image years ago to talk about upcoming horror games
All of them came out except Routine
Glad that this image will finally be put to bed

>randomly-generated rooms

DROPPED

The rooms aren't randomly generated, the way they're put together is

>alien isolation and soma

I know I know, it was announced first, it's not their fault. But now it's going to be unsurprising and bland

It was a new concept at first but now it's tired
it's kinda too late

I hope this actually delivers.

Waiting for SOMA and then seeing the end result was a huge disappointing.

Given how long they've been working on Routine and what has been shown, I almost want to say it feels as if it had more heart put into it.
But as with anything, samples do not represent the finished product so I'm hoping too.

I liked SOMA though
Sure, the ARG and the hype videos gave off a different vibe from the game, but it was a neat game with interesting concepts

What is that game on top left?

>inb4 it's delayed again

The Forest

What happened to that game anyway?

Still in Early Access stuff.

It's still fun, but I'm annoyed by games that are stuck in EA for so long.

Wouldn't that just make it a roguelite?

CRT bot is cute, CUTE!

It's out, but in eternal Early Access
Still pretty fun though

I'm gonna pull out the faggot card on this post.

I was hype when the first trailer came out, but I'm not so sure anymore. Procedural generation in a story heavy tense game where level design is extremely important is one way to kill the product.

It's just rooms being shifted around, not NMS-tier generation

I understand, but it would be hard to create a feeling of horror and suspense in a non-scripted randomly generated area.

If anything wouldn't it be the opposite?
>scripted, nothing changes
>get killed on accident
>okay I go through here, get this thing, go to this room, ignore that scripted spook, go here and put thing into box
vs
>room A was to the left, now it's room H
>shit, gotta find that thing
>no scripted spooks so you actually have to pay attention to surroundings
>have to explore to find objective rather than remembering the direct route

Thank you marketing team, I have deposited 50 cents into each of your bank account, keep it up

Please give me a sauce on this gif, I tried what anime is this and it wont load for gifs.

You mean a jogging thread? More fitting for a running away sim.

Announced and worked on much earlier

originally a 3 man crew but they added some marketing guy from gearbox then suddenly development went slow..

so the two dudes , chick and this gearbox guy have been quiet about the game until recently with more updates coming out and finally a release date

google image search it

My dick is so fucking hard right now

Retro-futurism isn't a concept created by Alien Isolation, stop posting anytime.

Senpai I was lamenting the fact that this is probably going to have retards calling it an Alien Isolation clone because of the artstyle, I'm not claiming that it is one

>this is probably going to have retards calling it an Alien Isolation clone because of the artstyle

Read the youtube comments and you'll discover that it's already happening

>reading youtube comments
That was your first mistake

No, one of many actually

I can't believe that this is still in development
Good on the dev team I guess

From the looks of it Alien: Isolation does a better job at everything than this game.

Convince me that I'm wrong.

>a fully done game vs one that's been in development for years
Until it comes out and we can play it, you can't really say too much.

it took so long to get a release date it's now an obsolete game. aliens isolation and soma already done whatever routine was planning to do. now it just looks dated and generic desu, sad but true.

>muh spooky robots
>muh chromatic aberration
>muh space horror

why even bother at this point? it doesn't matter if routine had the idea first, the idea has been played out already and routine is too late to the party

I hope this game is good.

aeiou?

I feel they kinda missed their window.

Also releasing your game in Q1 2017 against all those AAA releases seems like a pretty bad idea.

Let's hope they at least keep the price around $20.

The game isn't even fucking out yet you retard

I'll still buy it if it's well received

>March

shit I hope it comes out on my birthday.

Routine-chan is cute!
CUTE!

Holy fuck I forgot this even existed

If you jump into the archives, you might be able to find the Q&A that one of the devs did here a year or two ago.

>aliens isolation and soma already done whatever routine was planning to do

Alien Isolation was not an exploration focused game with permadeath like Routine is allegedly going to be and SOMA is a walking simulator with tacked on monster segments

This

In addition, it looks like the gameplay will be a walking simulator yet again.

Chromatic Aberration kills everyone's eyeballs

>walking simulator

It was a new concept in 2012, but by now it's so overdone I can't get excited for a new game with the same mechanics.

>le spooky robot comes
>le hide until le robot fucks off xD
>le resume walking and following le story line
>le caught unaware by robot and must run
>le no way to defend yourself

>it's a run and hide away from enemy game with a mediocre story game with no weapons

Into the trash it goes.

>"ironic" shitposting
The worst posters on this entire site bar none.

But you do have a way to defend yourself (though the release trailer does not show it) You have a multi tool thing that acts as a hacking tool, night vision and other stuff in addition to being a gun.

Thanks for the free (you), user-kun.

>Poor man's Alien Isolation
Why though?

>(You)s hold any value outside of Sup Forums
Holy shit you're a terrible poster.

youtu.be/iAcAd1fUiy8?t=2m55s

Do your research before going turbo retard, user.

They took so fucking long that they've had two games come out that used their concept well, and now this is just going to look like a shittier knockoff. They fucked themselves over, lad.

No, he actually has a point. If this came out 4 years ago I would have enjoyed it most likely. Now I'm still kind of curious whether it will be good, but I honestly couldn't care less if it was cancelled at this point.
Don't want to sound like an asshole, but that's how I feel about all this walking sim faggotry blowing up in the past 2-3 years since Gone Homo came out.

What kind of a walking simulator has a gun, permadeath and multiple endings?

>He actually has a point
It's cute that you think I was addressing his point and not his posting style.

Your post is equally worthless though.

>Gone Homo
You know what I've just realised? You hate this game because you hate Gone Home. It has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay or art styles or any of that. You just hate it by association. An association that you invented. First person horror games where the protagonist has no weapon wasn't invented by Gone Home. Gone Home isn't even that kind of game. Either you're utterly retarded or utterly ignorant of what this game even is. Pick one.

>You hate this game because you hate Gone Home
Not even him, but is there anything wrong with that?
It only takes one shit in the punch bowl to ruin the whole drink.

Go away shillfag. Go cry with barneyfag. You two are perfect for eachother

Just proved my point.

>shoots robot
>just stops it for a few seconds
>gotta run away and lock door because the thing is still chasing you

This thing is so fucking formulaic, it offers nothing new to the genre.

I was hyped for this game 3 years ago since we didn't have many games of the same type (only amnesia comes to mind) but nowadays we're drowning in stupid walking simulator horrors that I simply can't see the draw in this one.

Yes, when both games have nothing to do with each other you fucking troglodyte.

Yes. Hating San Andreas because it's the same genre as Saints Row 3, for example, would be fucking retarded. However, to make this whole thing even more retarded, Gone Home doesn't even share gameplay elements with Routine. So it would be like hating San Andreas because you didn't like Mario Tennis.

It's utter fucking nonsense.

It's been in development since years before alien isolation.

Thanks, I guess?
I don't hate the game, I just don't feel any desire to play it at this point.
Gone Home falls under the category of a walking simulator and started the whole hipster faggots nu-male indie trend - the same trite shit like
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Everybody is gone to Rapture
Firewatch
Dear Esther etc. pp.

Ah, so it's "utterly ignorant of what this game even is" then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Do some research. Understand what "walking simulator" means and then get back to us.