Silent Hill is the most overrated franchise ever

Silent Hill is the most overrated franchise ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghB_P0nyHwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i dont know about all time but it is pretty overrated, only the first three games and MAYBE the fourth one are worth playing.

No

Half of 4 is worth playing.

>nobody talks or care about it anymore
>overrated
Sup Forums really needs a buzzwords dictionary

Sup Forums doesnt give a shit about anything but weeb shit

no, Silent Hill 2 is the overrated, everything post The Room, they only recycle SH2 formula over and over again ignoring the cult being thereason why SH exist

No that's Zelda

Halo is.

2 was shit, 4 and 5 were the best.

Well those are the only ones anyone talks about. Those are overrated though, 4 is underrated imo

i replied/10 bait
maybe god of war is more suited for your tastes op

I only played Silent Hill 1 as a kid. Did give me nightmares unlike resident evil 1.

I thought silent hill 2 was boring and I grew out of the horror genre bullshit when I was older. It basically was a point and click adventure game with how bullshit most of the puzzles were.

Current horror games don't do creepy atmosphere well anymore. SOMA did it the best but that wasn't really horror though.

The entire series after 4 shouldn't have existed
Shattered Memories shouldn't have been a Silent Hill game, and probably would have been better if it didn't have to live in SH1's shadow.

that's not Mario

> GOW
> bad
Dont post here kid

Silent Hill 1 continues to be the only game that spooked the shit out of me
I was 24 when I first played it

>2016
>unironically believing gow is anything but shit

fuck off

numlae detected.

Is "overrated " the most cancer word in the English language?

Nobody really ever sings praises to the other Silent Hill games, though.

No, cancer is the most "cancer" word in the English dictionary

nice projecting

Does anyone even consider anything past the japanese games canon?

I sure fucking don't.

Like people say "silent hill sucks now, downpour/homecoming/BoM/origind were so bad" and I just think "lol those aren't silent hill games, just games with silent hill in the name"

Silent Hill doesn't belong in the hands of westerners. We make awesome scary movies but shit scary games.

pretty much this, but it's kinda hard to convince some people and even your own gut about it at times.

SH:SM was a great game, but quite clearly not related to original canonical storyline.

Only 2 is truly overrated, otherwise the original trilogy in general is pretty decent and rightfully liked.

Everything afterwards were okay in their own ways but usually forgot the formula that made SH work.

Silent Memories was pretty good though.

But yeah, the other ones really miss the mark.

Spawned 3 classic games and a couple other "well, it's not a disaster" tier games. I'll agree that it's overrated in that people have had hope for it for far too long now. It's been effectively dead for at least a decade now, and that's being generous as that includes 4 and Origins as good. I think decent arguments can be made for them at least.

i played it for the first time ever after watching youtube.com/watch?v=ghB_P0nyHwk
holy shit its such a creative game
playing it back in the day must have been mind blowing

Why?

just how much did Heather love her daddy?

only overrated for cazual gaymers like you

>silent hill
>overrated

kids stop the cancer