NINTENDO SWITCH CONFIRMED POWERFUL CONSOLE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Powerful" in console language means 720p at 30fps with slowdown, so this is meaningless.

>powerful
>console

So not powerful at all?

When was the last time a nintendo game had problems with slowdown? They usually have pretty good framerates.

>Steamworld Dig Steamworld Heist devs
wew

You know, just because the screen is 720, doesn't mean that it will be 720 on monitors too

>powerful
>console
>handheld console

Pokémon, FE?

People also said that the Wii U wouldn't be an underpowered gimmick device.

Lots of places are putting their weight behind it being 1.2-1.5 tflops (most 1.2) which slightly better than Xbone levels.

However it's FP16 which people aren't coding for so that's going to mean a performance hit (although apparently the latest cards with DX12 get a performance boost using it)

Relative to tablets and other handheld game consoles, the Switch be very powerful.

Nobody said that ever

>believing those faggots

They probably aren't even trying to use the full power of the console or maybe it's enough for their petty mobile-like garbage.

I can't wait till the dev kits are finally out in the wild so we can get a real benchmark.

>Image & Form Games
>literal phonegame devs
>knowing shit about specs that don't begin with ARM

At launch, it stands a good chance of having the best graphics of any handheld device.

But then, the Vita had the joint most powerful chip in it when it was announced (same as the ipads) that that became a bit weedy almost straight away.

I'm pretty sure the Switch will be the best on release, but it will be easily outclassed within 2 years, maybe even one year. But it will still have the best games.

3DS Pokémon games lag like a motherfucker during battles.

Hyrule Legends lags too on Wii U and 3DS

That Metroid Federation game drops framerate a lot too.

smash bros on the original 3DS has to literally shut down the OS in order to play

yaaaaaaaaassssss queen nintendo wings again! haters stay pressed hunties

Who are Image & Form Games and what makes them a credible source in any regard?

There was talk like this about WiiU too, this means nothing. Until I see the actual specs given by Nintendo nothing you can post from outside sources means anything.

Unlike Nintendo, I learn from the past.

how the hell did nintendo even ignore the amount of lag that there is in some battles in the 3ds pokemon games?

*Game Freak

Because they had to make 600+ models or however many pokemon there are now and didn't want to have to remake them for every single new game, so they made them waaaaaaaaay better than what the 3DS can handle in double battles, but this way they won't have to update all the pokemon models anytime in the next 5 years.

Bayonetta 2, advertised as a 60FPS game, ran in the low 40s for most of the time.

no iwata programmer magic to fix it this time

Game Freak*, also the reason is the stupidly high polygon models that the game uses. see pic related.
Yeah, so the game can keep up 60fps without a single slowdown, which is what user asked about.

>not skimping on power
>that's a reference to wattage, not performance

It's a smartphone, even if it's a tegra x2 it won't break 1.5 teraflops which is embarrassing compared to the 6-9 range of the next-gen consoles.

>tfw they literally just had to scale them down to like half the amount of polys and they'd still look almost the same and would make the game run infinitely better

Gamefreak is so fucking lazy.

>not skimping on power
>4GB RAM

Yea I'm sure that Biased person will call Nintendo shit

it's a handheld

Yeah it's pretty retarded considering Capcom basically just scales down all their Monster Hunter models and textures from the high quality versions they use for advertising and cutscenes down to the in-game versions.

But Gamefreak's never exactly been known for being, well, competent.

On top of that MH looks and runs a million times better than the pokemon games

That's better than the 3DS and Vita combined dude

who cares about specs anyway

>Nintendo isn't skimping on power

>yfw making a console/handheld hybrid is the only way Nintendo could trick Game Freak into making a full console Pokemon game

Bravo Kimishima

>runs smartphone architecture on a smartphone gpu and processor
It's a smartphone.
It's 2016 user, 4gb was the standard in 2008.

It is still their console/handheld solution for the future. They are expecting fucking multiplat games on it. If they want their yearly AAA releases that get shit tons of purchases, they need to stay competitive in power.

No it isn't it's a hybid. How do they expect to gain 3rd party support like they claim when their next big thing is less powerful than the hunderpowered Xbone?

Well, the rumour before was 2GB, so I'll take 4.

>people think ram is power

>powerful
Maybe in the field of tablets, but compared to consoles and PCs? Lmao.

>A fucking Cartridge

The vita and 3DS aren't trying to compete with current gen consoles.

PS4 has 5GB to use for games.

this is Sup Forums right? and you fucking fags don´t even know that gamefreak makes the games not nintendo. Holy shit, are you just normalfags? Because THAT is exactly what normalfags would say.

But PS4 and Xbone are tablet-tier.

the tegra is not a smartphone SoC

>"good specs"
>Nintendo said they won't be selling at a loss
$400 release.

Dead on arival.

>Image and From games
>'famous' for making SteamWorld games that would probably run fine on a PS2
>explaining how powerful a new machine is

PS4 and Xbone >>> 3/4 toasters from STEAM HW surveys

>Emily Rogers

Oh shit, look at what nintendo just sent out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra
>Tegra is a system on a chip (SoC) series developed by Nvidia for mobile devices such as smartphones

Twilight Princess HD doesn't even run as well as the original GC/Wii games.

Eurogamer was right on everything.
And if we check back the rumor, it implied the power of the Switch will be in between the Wii U and Xbone.

If you think the Switch is as weak as the Wii U or more powerful than a Bone, you are very very stupid.
You already called this fake once. Don't make the same mistake twice and end BTFO.

Jap third parties had no problems making 3DS games and that thing was a piece of shit hardware wise

>powerful

so 1 hours of battery life then?

>720p
>powerful

lol

2010 CPUs overpower the thing powering Xbone and PS4.

@356646567

I embrace

no

ok

>720p max output
>powerful

For Nintendrones it might be.

Good thing this is competing with last gen handhelds

That's outdated as fuck.
Tegra is used in smart cars and AI systems along with other supercomputers with IBM, even the simplest x2 has way to high a power draw and heat output to work in a phone. Phones haven't used Tegra chips in years.

The best thing about the Switch is that you can move goalposts whenever you want
>It isn't powerful!
It is for a portable system
>The battery life sucks!
Who's going to take it out of the dock anyway?

HA! Good one.

>max output
I feel sorry for you for being retarded.

Why would 720p be considered good to people who are used to 1080p 60fps?

Why do you fags care some much about muh graphics
muh flops
muh ram
If the game is fun that's all that matters. No wonder you children are never happy with your ps4s and xbones

>Frame rate doesn't matter

I bet this bitch enjoys their 18 frames per second on OoT.

Isn't that a comment on specs?

You should work on your reading comprehension skills, all I'm saying is that those "devs" don't know shit.

>Phones haven't used Tegra chips in years.
Nothing has used Tegra chips in years, the last Tegra-based device was 2 years ago, and it was a tablet.
Also one supercomputer and one car used them, in comparison to ~20 smartphones and tablets.

This holy fuck. Every time someone criticizes its technical capabilities it's "hur dur it's portable so actually it's fine" and if someone criticizes the portable aspects like no d-pad or battery running out they get told "well you can just leave it in the dock and buy the pro controller you know?"

Because I've already played mario kart and I'm not willing to spend $300 on a console to play shit that I can play on my phone for free.

Nintendo always tends to make waaaay better framerates than anyone else though. It's the graphical fidelity that takes a hit and I really don't give a shit. I'd rather play simple but clean looking games at solid fps than any game at sub-30.

Nintendo people don't understand the concept of "jack of all trades, master of none" so they're going to buy both the worst gaming tablet and the worst home console on the market and pretend it's a good idea.

They're claiming support from AAA publishers like EA and Activision, their games are just barely acceptable on the other consoles, they're not going to waste their time gimping the games to run on the Switch. It's also rumoured to have 32GB internal storage and a limit of 128GB external, you wouldn't even be able to fit a single AAA game on the internal storage with that.

And before you reply obviously I meant these days. N64 was a disaster in the framerate department since it was first step into 3D. Gamecube and everything after it is fine.

that's like saying the PSP was a hybrid because you could hook it up to a TV

It's a handheld with a charging dock that doubles as a tv output, it gains no extra power from the dock

shit

I don't understand why people would laugh about THIS of all things. There is no downside to using cartridges now.

For the time N64 performance wasn't that bad. Most people forget how framerate was like on consoles back then.

You ffffffffffffffffuck

Nintendo themselves are marketing it as a hybird, m8.

wasn't the battery life confirmed for 5+ hours? We don't even know the specs aside from the fact that it can run BotW and Skyrim

Yeah just like the WiiU did at the start
Obviously wait and see if the damn things gets games you want you dipshit, only retards buy consoles at launch. There hasn't been a console with a good launch window lineup since like the PS1.

That was my point though. It was fine back then but that's only because people didn't know any better.

Retards like these are the reason Nintendo gets away with bad control schemes since the 3DS.

At raw compute yes, but it's hard to judge in real world applications like games because consoles and PCs use different APIs and programming techniques to get the most out of their hardware. PS4 uses a laptop based APU but it's power is unlike any APU found in any laptop and the PS4 OS uses less CPU and Memory resources than Winblows 10. It also has co-processors to speed up other tasks like audio and OS features so they don't take up CPU cycles.

And and Sony markets the PS4 as a powerful piece of hardware. Just cause the makers say a thing doesn't automatically make it true. Anyone with a brain has already pointed out that the Switch is a handheld.

>it gains no extra power from the dock

Is this confirmed? I read speculation that the dock gives cooling and power so the system enters into higher spec mode when docked.

Will Nintendo ever be THE most powerful again?

How are they going to get that power without the battery dying in literally 30 minutes?