Why people hate him so much? Does he really deserve to be treated like shit?

Why people hate him so much? Does he really deserve to be treated like shit?

He wants to kill all humans

He's fucking obnoxious and overly quirky in a series full of overly quirky characters. He's not as bad as Tina though.

I honestly felt bad for Claptrap in borderlands 2.
Yes, he is annoying but he isn't a bad person. He only means well, like a retarded child or something.

He was kind of cute in the first game, but his schtick grew pretty tired quickly

>His pose

Dude that's the WRRRRRRRRRRYYYYY pose!
Jojo reference!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

He's the buttmonkey. It's not like there NEEDS to be a reason for him to be the whipping-boy, he just IS. Like Meg on Family Guy, or pretty much any comic relief character.

pretty much the most reddit character ever created

I actually like him.

why are non-jojo fans like this

they tried too hard to make his "obnoxious annoying character" gimmick funny which made it painfully unfunny
you could say the same about every character in borderlands 2 although i actually liked tiny tina

I don't think he's a bad character.
Borderlands 1 had a rougher atmosphere, spiced with a cute artstyle and humorous side characters. In this game I think he worked just fine.
Sadly, like all things in Borderlands 2, they had to ramp him up to obnoxious. He also became one of the main characters, which he shouldn't have been.
Thankfully Tiny Tina makes us forget how ass he is in 2 by being the most obnoxious game character in a game to date

I like him though.
it's lolrandom done actually somewhat well.

I felt bad for him during his birthday mission. In fact, I felt bad for him seeing as so many ignore and hate him. At least he keeps on moving

He's a boke that lost his tsukkomi through a tragic event.

someone was paid to write this

*Pumps shotgun.* Nuke this.

No, Anthony did it for free on twitter.

At least she was actually somewhat likable in her dlc which was also the only worthwhile one both gameplay and storywise.

Doesn't change the fact that Mr. Torgue is an infinitely better character than anyone else in Borderlands 2 though.
He is like the actual comic relief in a sea of shitty comic reliefs.

Stop writing like a retard.

that FRIENDZOOOOOOOOOONED moment in pre sequel ruined him for me

>actually liked tiny tina
sacrilege

>he didn't want to fuck tiny Tina's little pussy

Never played pre sequel
And if it ruined the one character who they somehow managed to not make utterly obnoxious then I'll have it stay that way.

There's no character in this series worse than pic related, her only character trait is being a lesbo

I like the gameplay but the protagonists and everyone but Handsome Jack are annoying fucks.

Jack did literally nothing wrong.

If I like Brick in 1, Salvador, and Krieg in 2 who should I play in presequel?

The first was the superior game in all shapes.

Is Tales worth playing?

Wilheim, he is the only manly dude in the game

Fuck off Anthony

>Jack did literally nothing wrong.

If you really think that then you ate up their shitty writing.
This "twist" was as forseeable as it is stupid. Jack was an asshole, his daughter was a dumb cunt and they both deserved to die.
The writers tried so hard to do this whole misunderstood bad guy schtick but they forgot one important detail: their writing sucked way too hard to pull this off.

tiny tina

To be fair, him shouting Friend zoned was actually hilarious in that context, because it was to someone he had just met.

What made it unfunny was that he goes through a blustering betamale explanation about why the Friend zone isn't real literally right after.

Out of all the annoying Borderlands characters I probably enjoyed him the most actually, always gave him the Bullymong fur so he could have a mohawk

This. Wilhelm is the best choice. Going full on cyborg mode is great.

You've become more autistic than the jojofags you're trying to make fun of.

Borderlands 2 could've been way better if it was the new Vault Hunters led by Claptrap fighting against Handsome Jack without the old Vault Hunters.