I like it very much, but:

I like it very much, but:

> not a full price game
> transparent trees, but no transparent walls?
> no First Person View
> 43 different commands use the x button
> shallow combat

Hows your verdict?

Fun

DQB is the most fun I've had with a game in a looooong time. The combat can use a bit of work, and there should be more dungeons, but it earns my eternal admiration for having the first crafting system in video game history to not suck balls.

>Cantlin
>Brick Walls

OP THAT BETTER NOT BE YOUR CITY YOU FUCK

The demo wasn't convincing enough. Is this actually good or not?

>first crafting system in video game history to not suck balls.

Do all buildings in this game lack roofs?

No idea, it has been posted to death for ages since it came out.
I would watch a playthrough instead of asking here.
Several trolls and people hyped to hell, may not be a good advice.
Or shills

I usually hate crafting systems.

Yes yes it is.

Rooms don't need roofs, but you can build them. If your autism is high enough you'll probably end up building multi-story buildings.

No, people just don't make them

I'm on the waiting list for this game. Only had to pay $40 plus tax and u can't even play it yet.

Yeah, honestly the demo is shit, it ends right after the shitty tutorial section and before the game actually picks up

>waiting list

Huh?

The problem is:

THERE WILL NEVER BE A FUCKING PATCH FOR THIS GAME TO IRON OUT THE FLAWS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Multistory buildings is autism

>mfw I noticed this game came out over a year ago in Japan and that if there was gonna be expansions and patches they would have done it a long time ago.

I'm on the waiting list on square's online store.

I see nothing wrong with that
I hate how most modern games rely on releasing an unfinished product to then fix it later with a shitton of oversized patches and milk the shit out of them with DLC

But can you see through roofs if you add them?

nope

Nope. You have to memorize your rooms. (or make signs)

You get roof tiles in Chapter 2 (and ONLY chapter 2) as well as freeplay, but building roofs is a pain in the ass. No tiles ever turn transparent even if they're occluding you, and enclosed spaces turns the camera into a mess.

I mean I still build vertically anyway but you have to be prepared to make your buildings way taller than you think is reasonable, just to give your camera some wiggle room.

You can't see though the roof if you're inside the room? Do you have to keep the camera zoomed in?

I got it on PSVita a week ago.
I like it, I've only just started the second chapter, but I've put a good 15 hours into the first chapter. I found out that building roofs allows you to force the camera to be "inside" the actual room, which makes it look almost like first-person. It's maximum comfy when the rooms have actual nice furniture.

The only downsides I found to this game is that it's a bit limited in terms of character development. There is some kind of "life" in your cities, but there are no real interactions with the townspeople, save for a few quests.

"You want to see my tool ? *blushes* But I've only just met you !"

It goes into a pseudo first person

Why there is no roof?

A lot of potential for a great sequel.

Just some things I can think of; multiplayer, multiple towns with quick travel, more in depth towns like building actual shops, magic.

You get an outline of your character if you're occluded, but only your character and nothing else.

You can reset your camera when you're inside to get the camera in the room, but it's kind of clunky and hard to see what you're doing in tight spaces.

>not listing the most important thing that is lacking on this one
>actual usable roofs and transparency in occlusion

It's the perfect balance between Minecraft and Terraria. Minecraft has great building and crafting, but has nothing to really do in terms of playing a game. Terraria on the other hand, has an actual game but is such a mess that it's a chore to play. Dragon Quest Builders is the best of both worlds, with the worst of none. And it's comfy too.

It zooms the camera in. On that note, DO NOT MAKE FLOORS TWO BLOCKS HIGH. 3 at least, and 4 for patricians.

see
I'd like to see bigger towns, so I could have the space to build wide, instead of making 4 or so towers in each town.

>Minecraft has great crafting
Holy fuck. Kill yourself out of here.

Yeah you're right, I just kind of got used to it after playing it for awhile.

How is the diversity of the island from chapter 2 onward? In chapter 1 the first three islands were pretty great (although too many mountains), but the fourth was already reusing too many environments, materials, and enemies to my taste.

But DQB's crafting system sucks. It's missing obvious basic features, like being able to build X amount of something instead of 1 or all of them.

It's also basic as all get out. You can only build very specific recipes you know and there's no experimentation or variation.

It's serviceable for this kind of game, but it doesn't hold a candle to actually good crafting systems like RF4.

Is crafting in RF4 better than in 3? RF3 already had the best crafting I've seen in a game so far.

I see nothing when a developer releases an (in his eyes) finished product and then reacts to the feedback from the playerbase. DQB or a sequel can only profit from the proposed changes.

>DO NOT MAKE FLOORS TWO BLOCKS HIGH
Very good advice
I was a lazy fuck and only did 2 blocks high. Fuckers kept getting stuck on bathtubs and beds instead of working for me.

RF4? Rune Factory?

Compared to Terraria? Yes.

2 and 3 have some good variety and different materials, but the final island is always the retread island IIRC. Chapter 4 has no variety but is something very different from the other parts of the game. And it's shorter.

RF4 is RF3's crafting system but more and better. There's all kinds of hidden mechanics and special property transferring and it's sublime.

>camera sucks
>controls suck
>building is wonky

and yet i've dumped a hundred hours into it almost at this point. I beat all the chapters, went back and did the low-day challenges and any others i missed, now i'm finishing up prettying my towns in the 4 chapters before really getting autistic with free mode

Easily my GOTY, but i've really only bought this game this year as far as i remember.

If my free build looks as good as i got my chapter 1 town, i'll have a nice desktop wallpaper, too

But that camera and those controls. Here's hoping for a sequel that really reminds us what a sequel should be

Each island is different except for the last chapter

>I'd like to see bigger towns, so I could have the space to build wide, instead of making 4 or so towers in each town.
Story mode isn't there for you to live in one town the whole damn time, that's why they only allow specific things to be crafted in specific chapters. You're supposed to breeze through them to unlock everything for free play mode and then go there and make your shit, since that entire island is considered your town.

At the same time, freeplay mode does away with two of the good things DQB did, which is having some objectives to chase after and your town getting attacked.

Minecraft mode is pretty bleh without NPCs, objectives, or enemies.

stop making me want to dig out my 3DS again

I really hope they fix some of those issues in the sequel or an enhanced version

>without NPCs
NPCs show up all the time. I've got 5 or 6 monsters/ladies in my free play village and I've barely played freeplay mode.
>objectives
I agree with you on that. It's fucking boring just building shit when you have no reason to.
>enemies
I don't know about you but I'm glad I don't have to deal with ten thousand ghosts teleporting around me every night while I try to get shit done.

Just do it, your waifu is waiting for you.

And build all of your farming tools with magnifying glasses.

I've sunk so much time into that game though
i always start fresh when i pick it back up and then stop after dozens of hours and don't play until i get the fresh urge months later

>The original came out almost 10 years ago

Wow, time flies. I can't believe high school was a decade ago.

I want a multiplayer-centric sequel where some people play as builders and some people play as heroes, where the builders build functional towns with inns and shops and places for quests for the heroes, who use those services to extend the frontier and protect towns.

Or maybe just keep it singleplayer and do something similar. Just want the towns to exist in a more free-form system, while still having an ultimate objective.

>think rune factory will be some one-off decent harvest moon clone
>ends up with over 6 games, half of them pure gold

i like it when things go right

Is it worth it for a babbi's first handheld though?

no system is worth buying for less than 5 games unless you're getting a killer deal or the system is easily hacked come on man NO EXCUSES anymore

Which is the best RF? I remember loving the DS one.

4 although 3 comes close with how batshit insane all of the waifus were.

Apparently the limit is 10 human NPCs and 3 monsters.

Which is respectable, although with how large the island is, I wish they could've squeezed in a few more.

And I wish they did something.

disgusting weeb
go to Sup Forums