How hyped are you?

What's so special about Linux?

What does it offer that Microsoft and Apple do not?

>game with Denuvo on the freedom platform
>Stallman's face when

Gonna buy straight from Feral's site tomorrow.

I just wish they ported Dishonored 2 instead.

It still has denuvo?
I find it hard to believe they made a version of it for linux.

Runs more efficiently, using less system resources
Can customize it literally any way you want
Protects your privacy
Doesn't have any intentional backdoors
Almost no commonly used malware in the wild can infect it
Any security problems are patched almost immediately - as soon as they are exposed

Package manager that lists all the programs you can install, kind of like how firefox shows their plugins; no need to go hunting down everything on random sketchy websites
You can still download and install stuff from random sketchy websites if you want

No advertisement, nobody stealing all your user data and selling it, nobody installing keyloggers and trojans on your computer to get access to buttcoin or bank accounts.
Command Line Interface that's more useful and usable than windows' powershell
It's free.

Linux is literally, in every single way, better than windows / macos unless you want to use a select few proprietary programs or play videogames.

I always install linux on any computer that will be used only for the internet and web browsing. On my gaming machines I dual boot windows and linux and use linux 90% of the time for all my web browsing. (SSD means I can swap between them in

> unless you want to use a select few proprietary programs or play videogames.
So actually use the computer?
Because I can get all that shit you listed by running a windows virtual box.

it's only 5 hours long though

I'll be honest... this actually does make me want to try out Linux

Apparently the Linux version of Mad Max doesn't have Denuvo.

Don't fall for the Linux meme.

Unless you do something work related that would be better than on Windows it really isn't worth it.

I had fun with the game when I rented it, I reccomend waiting for the Goty edition instead .

I doubt it, you think a publisher would buy Denuvo for their game and then release it DRM free on Linux?

Makes no sense.

You forgot the part where it has no gaems. Fuck it has no programs everything is open source bullshit that has you doing convoluted shit just to make something that you can do on Windows programs with one click.

How are those GIMP circles coming along OP?

I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt most would-be pirates would bother to install Linux just to play this for free.

Kind of a twisted benefit to having small marketshare.

denuvo uses features/functions that are only available on windows

It took me 49h to finish it (50h for HR) you don't play a Deus Ex game like a linear FPS.

>DRM free

Steam is still DRM, stupid.

Denuvo is made to protect initial sales, which were already abysmal.

Get ready to be dissapointed

You underestimate pirates, installing Ubuntoo is as easy as installing Windows.

No it doesn't.

WTF I love linux now

It's only convoluted and useless if you're stupid and incompetent. Programming on Mac is annoying because any useful library has to be specifically ported to Mac and usually comes with its own specific set of problems. Programming on Windows is just fucking god awful, as you have to download about a hundred drivers and can only run shit in a specific IDE or it won't work at all. Most libraries simply don't support Windows whatsoever.

Linux is fucking easy. Open terminal, use package manager, run command. Hell most shit will even come pre-installed if you get some distros. It's so fucking uncomplicated and convenient

>No it doesn't.

so why don't you explain to us how it works then since you seem to know so much.

Why don't you stop being an idiot?

nice try, tryhard.

how could one person eat so much shit?

There is no photoshop equivalent on linux thats good

You can also use it on Windows though.

Okay? Why are you trying to use Linux for something that OSX is obviously better at?

Got a laptop you don't play games on?

Install linux mint

It's probably the most plug-and-play version of linux, should work out of the box for you. (Google your laptop name and check for linux compatibility issues, some laptop manufacturers are dicks who purposely fuck over linux installation, so better to know ahead of time than run into problems while doing it)

Here's the installation process for me:
>format usb with linux mint iso
>start up computer I want to install linux on
>madly smash del or f11 or f12 or whatever to get to bios
>change boot order to boot from usb instead of hard drive first
>save bios settings, plug in usb, reboot
>computer now boots into linux (you haven't installed it yet)
>you can play around with it, open the browser, etc. there's an "install linux mint" or equivalent on the desktop that'll go through partitioning and formatting the hard drive and installing linux for real
>Once you do that you don't need to boot from the usb anymore and can take it out
>congrations you installed linux

It's a little more complicated with a dual boot, but there's guides on the internet for that.

For me, it's absolutely great for doing what I do 99% of the time - which is browsing the web, programming, and talking with people.

If you have any programs that are make-or-break deals, check and see if they're compatible with linux first. I know a lot of people swear by skype for example, but since skype is owned by microsoft, they don't let you install it on anything but windows.

>You underestimate pirates, installing Ubuntoo is as easy as installing Windows.

In my experience installing linux is actually easier than installing windows

I can't even install windows 7 anymore. Microsoft has their update servers fucking up intentionally so you can't receive updates on win7/8 installations, which means no automatic driver downloads, which means nothing works.

I'm 100% certain they did this to drive people reinstalling windows to install win10

Nothing wrong with that, it's their product

Does it run on OpenGL?

It has to, since Vulkan wasn't mentioned. Sucks that the Mac version gets Metal.