Friendly Reminder to any up and coming game developers and artists: Anime is the worst artstyle you can choose for your...

Friendly Reminder to any up and coming game developers and artists: Anime is the worst artstyle you can choose for your game, especially if your game is meant to portray a dark or serious world/setting. It's best to use realism for such games. Anime art doesn't work for serious settings and characters, and will unintentionally make your game seem wacky and goofy, and filled with tropes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ljhsCv5kqQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anime sucks

realism rules

That's not true.

Yes it is. Name a serious/dark themed game in anime style.

only reason to use anime art is if your game is full of naked girls and shit

>Anime art doesn't work for serious settings and characters, and will unintentionally make your game seem wacky and goofy, and filled with tropes!
This is bullshit, plenty of dark anime out there, old Berserk for example.

Soul Nomad.

Gore Screaming Show

Yeah and anime ruined it. Hard to take a dark setting seriously with characters like a guy that looks like a skinny boy with a woman's head slapped on, two chubby goofy looking demons that make derpy sounds, a female demon with worms for hair, and villainous knights that yell dumb names for their attacks.

>art has a "cute loli" character

I rest my goddamn case.

Just looked it up on google, it has little girl characters, serious and dark my ass.

what if its not just anime but wide moe style at that? Also let's photoshop a bunch of real stuff in while we're at it.

>complaining about mongolian cartoon artstyle on mongolian cartoon imageboard.

If it has cute girls in it, it's automatically garbage. Which all anime has, therefore anime is a garbage style and should never be used in games with serious or dark settings.

Last I checked, liking mongolian cartoons wasn't a requirement to post here

so dark settings can't have cute girls in them?

I'm pretty sure cute girls are a staple of the horror genre regardless of the medium

>all western horror is bad because the protagonist is a female cutie who can scream well

Japanese game with anime art-style = godlike
Western game with anime artstyle = SHIT

Not unless they're being murdered or tortured horribly.

White girls, not kawaii japanese bullshit.

>cute girls
So no good or charming looking woman at all? Please rethink this.

>Western game with anime artstyle = SHIT

No such thing.

>White girls
But user, anime girls are white

I feel that the art style used in elder scrolls games are fucking horrible.

It just looks like crap.

>because the setting is dark, that half of the human population has to be actively getting fucked up, zero percent of them can possibly make it
That's stupid dude

A serious or dark setting should have beautiful WOMEN. Not cute girls.

White girls don't have japanese names.

Anime isn't an art style you mouth-breathing mongoloid. It's a fucking medium for entertainment.

Anime HAS art styles. Just like western animation.

Now try telling me LoGH, Mushi-shi and Monster all have whacky/goofy appearances.

Nah variety is appreacited no matter what. How every character looks does not neccesarily define the tone of the setting.

>anime sells
>Sup Forums will complain about anything
we have no discussion here

Tokyo ghoul Re was a mistake.
Rue worst arc.

Post pictures. Anime always has low levels of detail, terrible shading and coloring techniques used, poor proportions, and really stupid overly designed characters.

Look at this torture game, had this been realism style it would be far more harrowing, instead it's anime and thus looks goofy and wacky and light heartedly silly.
youtube.com/watch?v=ljhsCv5kqQk

But anime doesn't sell. Realism does. No anime game is going to make sales like cod, gta, elder scrolls, or any other real game that uses a realism artstyle and serious setting. Not stupid wacky shit full of teens fighting to save the world yet again

Cool story, faggit.

persona 3? havent played much smt games but arent some of the older ones pretty dark?

what game? I want it

>>White girls don't have japanese names.
And japanese girls don't look like white girls.
And by excluding japanese girls, this means any japanese horror is no longer horror regardless of the medium

Characters are a bunch of teens, it sucks

>cute girls being murdered or tortured horribly
So, corpse party?