So is this any good?

So is this any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/najR8M_lOwU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Came with my Wii U. I thought it was alright; I haven't played any of the other NSMB or even Luigu U yet, though.

WHOA!
Since when did New Super Mario Bros. U get here?

Which is better, this or 3d world?

Easily one of the best New Super Mario games. If you've played one before and want more, this is an excellent choice. If you've never played one before and you have a Wii U, this is well worth getting for platforming fans.

It's not worth buying a Wii U for but it is a great game with a lot of levels. Luigi U uses the same world map and level themes but completely new levels; it's also excellent, and I believe the latest prints for New Mario U come with Luigi U on the same disc.

In terms of 2D platformers this gen:

DKCTF > Rayman Legends >= Yoshi's WW > Shovel Knight > SLBU > NSMBU >> Kirby atRC

3D World by a mile - it's longer, has better multiplayer, and is actually quite hard during the bonus worlds (which makes a change for a mario game)

3D World.

Best NSMB game, along with Luigi U, no contest.
3D World hands down.

I think it's really good. The gameplay and controls are really nice, the levels are well designed and some of the biggest in the 2D Mario series. New Super Luigi U is great as well.

Now that it's HD I personally think NSMB's art style looks really good.

Good joke

It's hard to say; they're both good games but they're both pretty different from each other. I prefer 2D games overall and 3D World's isometric camera never sat well with me, so I prefer U or 3D World.

Again though, they're both good.

Its just as bland as the other NSMB games
probably the best of the bunch, but that's not saying anything

Tropical Freeze, Wooly World and Rainbow Curse are all much better games.

>Now that it's HD I personally think NSMB's art style looks really good.
If anything, I thought the HD made it look worse

simplistic 3D models mixed with ornate 2D backgrounds. It's just jarring.

Alright, how similar are 3dland and 3dworld?
I Finished land but think it was okay, should I get 3dworld?

its my fave 2d mario game, but it is bottom 3 in sales so will likely not be remembered

>bland
Nope. Not at all. Best level design in a platformer in a long time. Level design is so good it allows skill shows like this.
youtu.be/najR8M_lOwU
Far from being bland.

It was interesting to play this after Mario Maker.

Some levels I would play through saying "why the FUCK did they put that in there?" before realizing it wasn't a user-made stage.

Also, what does Mario say when you get a secret exit? It sounds like "not this way!" but it gets horribly drowned out by the music.

BAH BAH

I think the Wall Jumps, Triple Jumps and Air Stalls places NSMBU's gameplay above those other 2D platformers in my eyes. I really enjoyed the flow of the NSMBU and NSLU gameplay and levels.

I love taking that approach when playing games, treating it as just another level in a Maker. It really makes you wonder if the actual game is really all that good.

3D World is more of the same but much harder and it's actually fleshed out into a real game, rather than being a 3D tech-demo with a basic and boring game.

world is really well designed

land is weird and mediocre

It's NSMB with the best level design, but it's still NSMB.

I just can't get past the slippery physics, the BA BA music, and the generally boring presentation for everything.

Triple jumps are the absolute best mechanic I've ever encountered in a platformer.

Personally, I prefer DK to NSMB, partially because of DK's weight, but also admittedly because the aesthetic is so much better. I really can't wait for the next 2D Mario, assuming they evolve from the stale NSMB design.