Why did Nintendo shut down the 3D remake of the original Zelda? Why do they do stuff like that?

Why did Nintendo shut down the 3D remake of the original Zelda? Why do they do stuff like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2016/9/2/12770344/nintendo-slaps-metroid-2-remake-and-500-plus-fangames-with-takedown-orders
youtube.com/watch?v=Seq7MtKJGhM
youtube.com/watch?v=xKBsTUjd910
youtu.be/cUXYgxEfQrA
youtube.com/watch?v=qUFhJ1V50gs
youtube.com/watch?v=JG4PCVfu4qo
youtube.com/watch?v=d100lwy3NVA
sarafhawkins.com/difference-copyright-vs-trademark-need-know/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they still sell it on the eshop.

the outdated licensing rules that state that you NEED to protect your IP from illegal misuses and copies.

Here's a better question: Give me ONE good reason why you should be allowed to KNOWINGLY break the law without consequenses.

Because they're legally obliged to defend their IP or they lose the rights to it

because I'm a rebel

Because their IPs are the only thing keeping them relevant. So they guard them with an iron fist.

LACHES IS NOT A DEFENSE FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS

mah nigga

DISHONORABLE USE OF SACRED IP

>"hey nintendo i made a drawing of mario"
>"ok cool"
>"haha you didn't claim this drawing as yours, that means I own the mario franchise now!"

Because it's called Copyright Infringement and that game was doing it.

Even better question, what's the point of making the original zelda voxel shit?

You seem to be as dumb as the creature in your picture.

Distributing that picture of Mario would in fact be illegal.

FIVE HUNDRED
polygon.com/2016/9/2/12770344/nintendo-slaps-metroid-2-remake-and-500-plus-fangames-with-takedown-orders

The better question is, why not just make an original game with an original concept instead of using Zelda?

That is illegal, you know that right?

It's ok after the Switch bombs Nintendo is going to be an iPhone developer.

By 2020 NoA and NoE will no longer exist, Gamefreak will have been sold, same with HAL games

all Nintendo will have left is mario side scrollers and zelda VR games

Holy shit, kill yourselves you fucking nintendon't apologists

You're the one who doesn't know Copyright laws. Don't cry.

Never ever, iCuck

Yeah, I'm sure they'll lose all their money in 3 years LMAO stay salty, beeyotch.

Nice ad hom, gaylord

whats the point of a "3d remake" when it looks like blobs of shit and otherwise is exactly the same as the original

Not gonna happen.

Also, Nintendo doesn't own Gamefreak and Gamefreak doesn't make anything important outside of Pokemon and they don't own 100% of Pokemon.

Sue me, nintenbaby

>exactly the same as the original

But that's what I want, the same great gameplay and level design but with just a different aesthetic. Zelda 1 desperately needs a remake.

Why would I sue you? I don't own Mario.

>this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=Seq7MtKJGhM

>people make fan games from other ips.
this is fine I don't see the problem day one pirate
>fan made games get removed by nintendo
shame on you don't you guyz know the law fucking leeches

>People defending nintendo after all the stupid bullshit they do
nintenyearolds, everyone

I don't have a problem when any company takes down any fan game because they are legally allowed to.
They own that IP and they can do what every they want with it.

>>>>>great gameplay

Ask your teacher what a strawman is.

You're right. I do. Check out my mario drawing, based on my privately owned video game series

We should honestly make creative commons faux-nintendo characters that skirt copyright laws while still letting nitendo-style fan games be made.
For example have "Marco" the Spanish carpenter who is clearly based on Mario but not close enough for a lawsuit. It would be like the video version of open source software

see

Under Japan's IP laws this person would actually be serving hard time for their haircut.

how to get away with it:
Dont be indie

If anybody made a fangame and hosted it in a chinese server, could Nintendo do shit against it?

They are still abusive, pieces of shit with shitty practices.
You support those same practices because MUH MARIO like a good drone.
They steal ideas and do other shit like multiple DS versions, 3DS versions, yet you literally say it is ok because nintendo. Go to hell.

Why do you want a remake of a game you already played?

*pukes*

why not

Nice ad hom, broham

Nintendo seem to be the only ones who get upset over shit like this. Capcom who is also in japan hired the people remaking re2 hd gave them jobs and didn't give them a C&D. capcom felt as it were a complement that some fans took their time to make something they loved. nintendo honestly don't care about fans. or should i say listen to them

>They are still abusive, pieces of shit with shitty practices.
No, they are protecting their IP and their interest. Why would they want someone to remake one of their games despite the fact that they are selling the original game?

>You support those same practices because MUH MARIO like a good drone.
I'm fine with any company protects their IPs because I'm not 15 years old who wants to "FIGHT THE MAN" and occupy something.

Probably not, those chinks ain't gonna give a fuck - iirc their laws only protect the local companies

Because we can get new ips or storylines. But you guys just wanna replay the same old games

why would i want to rebuy the same game 5 times on the eshop?

Nintendo can't do shit, that Metroid game they canned is out there on torrents.

If the developers actually develop the game without saying anything and just release, Nintendo can't remove it from the internet.

>I'm not 15
No, user, the number on your birth cerfiticate IS in fact your date of birth

>nintendo honestly don't care about fans. or should i say listen to them
no, you had it right the first time

>Nintendo can't do shit, that Metroid game they canned is out there on torrents
Actually, they can, it's just not worth the time and effort to send take down notices to every place that host the game.

>using the you are underage if you don't blindly accept everything they give you
No point in arguing any further.
Now you will say not an argument. I am out.

Hell of an argument you got there buddy. Since you're very passionate about this subject and learn how IP laws work.
Here's a video, it's only about an hour and it gives you a detailed break down of how the laws work.

youtube.com/watch?v=xKBsTUjd910

Is this the same capcom that released a garbage fighting game and put a fucking rootkit inside it?

lmoa

Oh shit, did they? Well the reason they're mad on DMCA is because they know they've been becoming less successful for a long time and can't consistently do things like the Wii or earlier Pokemon Go, so they don't want anyone limiting how much they can rip people off no matter how little. They're stalling for time basically.

user, youtube is not a valid source of information

They didn't. It's called 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Copyright laws are overreaching and archaic and are only in place because the megacorps pay the government to keep the laws in place

Give me three (tres) good reasons why they can't.

No, you're underage because you seem to believe that there's anything wrong with what Nintendo or any company is protecting their IP from people who did not make it.

If this weren't Nintendo but some small time indie dev protecting their iP or say, it was a small time photographer who had his picture used without his permission or without credit being given to him, would it still be wrong or is it wrong solely because they are corporations?

Why make a fan remake for free anyway when you could make your own original game for shekles?

>Copyright laws are overreaching and archaic and
No it isn't. Just because you want to use characters you don't actually own because you're too uncreative to make something original doesn't make it wrong.

No one reused anything in this case. Your argument is irrelevant and not valid.

because they are fucking stupid

Fuck the law and fuck Nintendo

They have to protect their IP's, more-so when the copyright violation in question is getting a lot of attention. If they allow any of this shit to get through, it sets a precedent for further copyright violation down the line.

Instead ask why people spend fucking years making fan projects they know will get shut down if they're even remotely successful.

And then the nintenyearolds will defend you anyways and buy it anyways.
This is why I want to do the hatred thing. Humanity sucks.

>doesn't make it wrong.
You're right, it doesn't. Glad you understand.

Uh, they are using the copy-written and trademarked characters, mechanics, names and much much more in this game.

Also, you clearly didn't read what I said.

>I don't now anything so I'm just going to use the old r/Sup Forums standby of telling you to kill yourself
You need to be 18 to post here friend

you're the one that doesn't and just repeats neogaf posts you little fag

I'm not sure if you're just trolling people, but the DMCA has been a nightmare for years now and it's smothering a bunch of industries, including technology and entertainment.

Sure "forever less one day" will keep Micky Mouse protected for eternity, but there were and still could be benefits to letting things enter public domain before I'm fucking dead.

Explain why capcom doesn't have a problem with fan made content while nintendo does

>copy-written and trademarked characters, mechanics, names and much much more in this game.
Such as?

>you will never be so underage that you think fan art is illegal

why would i want to play a 3d top down remake of the original zelda when i could play a 1st person 3d remake of the original zelda

Except capcom makes shitty games

Just out of curiosity, does Nintendo have patented gameplay mechanics? Because there are awful lot of games that are similar to older Legend of Zeldas or 2D Mario out there

Is it possible to play this ANYWHERE?

NEO - NINTENDO

THEY DO NOT WANT FAN BASED GAMES TO BE BETTER THEN THE ONES THAT THEY ARE CREATING BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING SHIT NOW A DAYS

There's is an emulator that allows you to do that anyway.

youtu.be/cUXYgxEfQrA

The names and likeness Zelda, Link, Octoroks, pretty much everything in Zelda 1. the exact mechanics of Zelda 1, the music, the story. Everything.
That is violating the many many copyrights of Nintendo.

Muh feels. Works for immigration, why can't it work for everything else?

And this is exactly why I hate nintendo.
It is not LOL PROTECTING it is literally killing all opposition because you know you can't make anything good.
Fuck them to hell.

>WHAAAH I CANT B A LEECHING PIRATE

Copyright exists so talentless hacks dont make money off other people's shit. Fucking mobile stores are full of these people using shit like anime and pokemon to advertise their garbage mobagay.

.01 kewl kid points have been deposited into your Hot Topic account.

Nice ad hom, numbnuts

I witsh yo bitch nigga ass would step to me irl, beeyotch. I'd pop a cap in yo faggot ass before you could say "BING BING WAHHO".

this

Laws are made to be broken when the only thing you do in your life is consume products till you die and you slave for green pieces of paper 8-5

Yes it is and even without that, there is a court case which flat allowed made a company lose their IP for "Failing to properly protect it" and their definition of what was needed to protect it was flat out ridiculous which resulted in the cluster fuck we have now you illiterate retard.

>That is violating the many many copyrights of Nintendo.
Can I get a Link to a document containing those supposed copyrights?

Because Capcom is a literally who and has nothing to protect.

Because they didn't want people that aren't part of their company working on their intellectual property

>Can I get a Link
This post is a violation of Nintendo's copyrights. Expect a letter from our lawyers in the upcoming week.

Ok
can someone explain to me why this youtube.com/watch?v=qUFhJ1V50gs looks better than this
youtube.com/watch?v=JG4PCVfu4qo

youtube.com/watch?v=d100lwy3NVA

IF NINTENDO DOES A SHITTY JOB AT MAKING THEIR GAMES THEN THEY SHOULD HAND OVER THE RIGHTS TO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK

Fan Art is Illegal. Just because Sega allowed it doesn't mean they allowed it for every company.

The second you make then distribution a picture that features the likeness of any copy-written character, you're violating the law

Are you not aware of the term "All Rights Reserved"? Look at the back of a game box or boot up any game. You will see the term "all rights reserved" meaning literally everything in that game belongs to the maker and/or distributer of that game..

where can I get this?

sarafhawkins.com/difference-copyright-vs-trademark-need-know/

>Improper use of a trademark may dilute your rights or create confusion. Inconsistent enforcement of your trademark rights can cause you to lose protections afforded under state or federal law.
>With copyright, that isn’t the case. As a copyrightholder, you can pick and choose which cases of infringement you pursue without diminishing the host of exclusive rights under copyright law. – Sara F Hawkins

>I'm fine with any company protects their IPs because I'm not 15 years old who wants to "FIGHT THE MAN" and occupy something.
Put a bullet through your fucking skull you cancerous fanboy.

because theyre a soulless shitty company that barely wants to make mediocre meme games and profit off brand recognition and marketing alone.

global slavery and you cannot get out of it