Frogger Project Redux

So for college we've been given a project to modernize (arcade) Frogger by adding features and and gamemodes.

Any ideas Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

matias.ma/nsfw/
youtube.com/watch?v=gFy0vsUafmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Team death match

open world RPG

Make it first person

Open world Sexual Adventure game

add some bugs and glitching and call them features

you control the hazards

Early Access survival game
$40 season pass

It's gotta be open world for starters. You also can't go wrong with crafting elements and Biowaresque dialog trees.

DLC and microtransactions

Turn in this and see if they notice.

So apparently everyone wants me to make Fallout 4 Frogger edition. Goddamn it

Got a chuckle out of me user, I never played that but I played the sequel: Swampy's Revenge. I was really bad at that game

just mod frogger into fallout 4 and call it a day

What's your class, OP? Gotta know in order to make your perfect Frogger rehash.

I never had a PS1 memory card growing up
So the farthest i could get Was the Cloud world

It's actually GameDesign. We can use either Gamemaker (why god) or Unity (Just end me)

This. Is it a conceptual "game design" class or are you actually writing it in an engine?

Writing in an engine. We made a reproduction of the original arcade version already, now we are making a redux.

Stick to GameMaker for this one

For starters, how about night levels? You can only see a small area around Frogger and a little more ahead of him, and the vehicles are slightly visible outbox that range via headlights

>For starters, how about night levels? You can only see a small area around Frogger and a little more ahead of him, and the vehicles are slightly visible outbox that range via headlights

This is great user! Hadn't occurred to me. Thanks man.

Regenerating health. Definitely needs regenerating health.

add this matias.ma/nsfw/
(actually SFW idk why its says NSFW)

No prob, glad you like it! I was excited to share that one.

Now give him ragdoll physics on the death animations

I'd even go so far as to add a blood streak as well. Hmm, this is good. I can use this

is it going to remain in a 2d 8 or 16-bit sprite? Id be interested to see ragdoll on a model like that

Yeah it's going to remain 2D Retroish (Upgraded sprites) look. I'll see if I'm skilled enough to make ragdolls, no promises though.

I'd say stick to these and have them finished before broadening your scope. The next thing if do is as add things that affect your level design:

Immobile platforms that "crack" the first time you hop on them, then break away completely the second time

Switches that open/close paths or lanes of traffic. Maybe hit them with his tongue to do it

And if you wanted a power up, you could do one that mimics the double cherry from Mario 3D World. I think that's all I've got for you

>taking a class in video games
>not computer science
you fucked up

I may have, but I'm having a blast and I get direct access to some internships so I'm a-ok.

Add VR support and fanservice by making it a girl frog who wears sailor uniform with shimapan.

I don't know about you but I always thought frogger was pretty hard. So maybe instead of having to dodge all the stuff it can just be qte's? Like press a to cross the street, then x to cross the pond etc.

Ugh, that's so misogynist of you.

Anytime you almost get hit by har have game slow down and zoom in on collision then have a QTE to dodge the car.

Steal music from Silent Hill 2
youtube.com/watch?v=gFy0vsUafmQ