What should I play as on my first playthrough of this?

What should I play as on my first playthrough of this?

Whatever seems coolest, it's not super difficult or anything.

Don't play on Hard.

This game was made with you changing classes in mind. You are making it worse for you if you only play only one. If you are scared of fucking up your character, I advise you to either stick with physical or magical damage.

>Don't play on Hard.

why though?

It's not impossible to do hardmode on your first try, but it really changes a lot and expects you to know beforehand what challenges you will meet. Everything will take more stamina while your enemies will be really hard to stagger and can do absurd amount of damage. Standard wolves can kill you in one hit at the start of the game.

Absolutely play on hard. As a warrior. Max fun.

It doesn't impact anything significant until you get to BBI content and then it'll ravage your asshole.

BBI ravages any asshole on any mode.

this

I usually play Permadeath in RPGs.

Would it make sense to do it in this one?

striders and fighters are fun and good

get your pawn to Utilitarian/Challenger using the potions from the encampment if you can, it makes them a lot better

you might be ok in the base game, but in the DLC area you can killed by some pretty bad bullshit over and over again.

I guess if you take no risks and play on normal mode. BBI will probably end your game though and it would suck to lose 50+ hours of playin when you get to the end like that and die because BBI is legitimately difficult. Can play it really safe though and carry a lot of wakestones (auto rez) and teleport stones if you start to run low, then go farm more wakestones.

BBI damage doesn't scale with difficulty. The rest of the hard mode penalties still apply, but the increased damage taken is the main thing people worry about on hard.

Some classes handle it better than others, although everyone will get 1shotted by archers. Ranged classes don't have to care too much because they just focus on not getting hit and enemies still take just as much damage as normal. The increased stagger resistance really screws over melee classes though, especially warrior since warrior's whole specialty is supposed to be the ability to stagger things really well.

This, hard mode only applies the stamina penalty in BBI. You get full hard mode bonuses though like EXP and gold.

yeah hardmode is so inconsistent in this game. in the begining it's pretty hard, then you get lvl 30 and you're fine.
then you come across some highlevel bandits and they wreck you again.

I didn't think hardmode affected much of BBI but maybe i'm wrong. I do know on my game (hardmode) warg can just about 1 shot me.

>want to play with a two handed sword
>you only get half the abilities of other classes

Shit game honestly.

>The increased stagger resistance really screws over melee classes though, especially warrior since warrior's whole specialty is supposed to be the ability to stagger things really well
>mfw solo hard mode warrior
>mfw the chimera has only the lion left and goes berserk
That was harder than most of BBI.

I would start as a mage since you get rusted staff, buy tools to upgrade it from monteblanc I think and your mage pawn can torpor enemies super easy for you. And mages don't really need magic atk stat that much so you don't lose anything from using it.

I'm playing on NG+ and i screwed up my first playthrough a little bit because I didn't do much of everfrost.
What are some top items I should definitely get dragonforged when i kill the dragon?

The armor won't matter much since you'll be getting fast upgrades in BBI. Any weapon will automatically turn into their dragon versions which do well for the first part of BBI.

I forgot you get new weapons from him

is everfrost not worth doing at end game then?

for some reason bbi is being a massive bitch and won't give me moongems, but I'll putt around in there again then.

Moongems come from specific locations in BBI and don't respawn BESIDES for the chests after the final boss there. You won't be even close to opening all those doors first time through.

Everfall is ok to do each room once to experience the fights in there but getting the gear in those chests is hell. Buy gear from the vendors down there and do the rooms because some of the fights are pretty cool but don't bother doing it a lot. It USED to be the endgame before BBI came out. BBI is leagues better in terms of... everything.

>is everfrost not worth doing at end game then?
The everfall has some fun fights in it if you do it before getting overpowered bbi gear, but there's nothing particularly valuable in terms of loot unless you want to farm wakestones.

Prepare to drop it after two hours and wondering what the big deal is.

What level do you think it's best to start BBI? I'm around level 42 right now and I really don't want to spend my time farming in the Everfall.

I highly recommend Mystic Knight. I've completed a playthrough as Assassin and, while not bad, it's not nearly as fun as MK.

50-60. And you don't really need to farm Everfall, go through most rooms once, this prepars you well for BBI.

Either this or Magick Archer. The two most fun classes in my opinion

Just go in whenever you want. Just be prepared to use a ton of items and stuff if your gear isn't up to par. BBI shits out exp though so you'll get caught up fast.

i did one main playthrough, one hard mode play through, and checked out a bit of everfall on hard, then did BBI.

i think i was level 60-70ish. BBI was hard but manageable.

just killed daimon for the 2nd time, i'm level 130, not too sure what to do now other than farm mats / farm level 3 weapons...

There's really nothing left other than seeing how you do in the bbi arenas with the fiend luring incense in your inventory.

Just keep switching, keep it fresh, play whatever is fun. Don't look up guides on optimal or minmax builds, the worst thing that can happen to you in dragons dogma is that you get too strong and the game gets too easy.

>Don't look up guides on optimal or minmax builds
It's especially worth pointing out that by the time you finish a build like that you'll have already completed everything the game has to offer while never having played the class you actually wanted to play.

I like MK but the constant casting is bullshit. It's porbably managable with mage augment that increase buff time, and sorc + wyrmking ring casting speed buffs, though.

dissapointment
regret
buyer's remorse

People usually say the most fun vocations are mystic knight and magick archer

anything but warrior